Recruitment Thread for Pell's D&D 3.5 Game

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Re: Recruitment Thread for Pell's D&D 3.5 Game

Post by Amara » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:21 pm

Wealthy merchant family, but not true nobility. I've assumed he's from a vague... 'otherwhere'. I haven't really given a lot of thought as to precisely where as I've difficulties with that in a less concrete setting. In modern terms, I suppose, he'd be upper middle class. Privileged, yes, and certainly wealthy, but no titles to his name or any such thing. I suppose in some aspects it's a better place to be over all. You have the wealth, but none of the responsibility that comes with a title. :b

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:49 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Why? Two words: bardic knowledge. And no it won't influence him if he actually knew.
You can definitely make a bardic knowledge roll to see if you've heard of any such prophecy.
Quarg wrote:Er...I'm going to be too busy throwing grease all about the place and then setting it on fire...and then casting it again...to supersize the elf bashing those poor crispy critters that have finally wandered out of the horrid, burning tangle I'm managing...
That which is conjured by a grease spell is not real grease, and is not flammable. You can set things on fire easily enough with your breath, but the grease won't add any damage or anything (it might make it harder for the victims to Reflex save, but even that is dubious, since I believe a Reflex save is called for to deal with Grease in the first place).
Synch wrote:OK no worries, I'd rather be useful to the group and sacrifice some roleplay than the other way around. I just haven't really played a barbarian or anyone of low intelligence before so I'm not too sure how to roleplay stupid. I was hoping to be more of a Wulfgar or Conan type warrior than some feral dolt as I don't really want to constantly stand in the background picking my nose, grunting and drooling, but needs must I suppose.
I would just as soon you didn't take it that far. Keep your stats as they are for now, and roleplay more or less as you have been - just know that you lack the INT to succeed at Knowledge rolls, the Charisma to succeed at Diplomacy rolls, and the Wisdom to succeed at Sense Motive rolls, so people can convince you that anything's true and will still think you're a dolt even while you're bending to their wishes.
fellow wood elf Kastiel.
That's Kastrail. He's not one of the Elohim. :)
Amara wrote:Cassien has a bunch of generic racial languages as he comes from a merchant family; they're all languages that would be situationally useful in trade or commerce. Yes, even Orc, haha
There are actually some surprisingly civilized offshoots of Orc-kind in my setting. The best are the Sharakim (Races of Destiny), but they wouldn't ever speak Orcish...some intermediate cases do exist, though, tribes that have been semi-civilized or even completely so, though they lack the numbers and power to be a significant influence on the overall orc race. D&D Orcs aren't Tolkien Orcs, remember; while they are barbarous and bloodthirsty, they weren't created specifically for that purpose by a malevolent god (although their mythology claims they were, just as dwarf mythology claims that the dwarves were forged by Moradin). They're just a race of people with a genetic predisposition toward strength and stupidity, who've been surviving in the wild because they have no infrastructure to support a civilization so (except, as I've said, in a few small enclaves).
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:08 pm

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:24 pm

Well I"m sort of NPC blocked here will...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:08 pm

Arch Lich Burns wrote:16 enough?
You have heard of no such prophecy. As far as you can tell it's just a pet theory that the chicklet is entertaining himself with.
Quarg wrote:Well I"m sort of NPC blocked here will...
Whatcha mean?
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:19 am

willpell wrote:
Whatcha mean?
I believe he means he can do little more at the moment until Lucather responds, and its been almost 2 days since his last response.
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:34 am

Synch wrote:
willpell wrote:
Whatcha mean?
I believe he means he can do little more at the moment until Lucather responds, and its been almost 2 days since his last response.
Yes...

Or I could just have Eileen assume Lucather (Or is that just Lucifer in disguise) introduced himself and then wandered off...very poor manners...
Proposed scene wrote: Eileen waits for a reponse from the man. He seems to be staring at her with a slight tick. After moments turn into a minute she finally pokes the man. The flesh is hard and unyeilding. Eileen then raps the man on the head, it is the empty, dull ring of a partial metal void. "Well this is intresting, a construct....why would a construct wish to wander into a Tavern and pretend to be an Emeritus Scholar?"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:27 am

I guess we could ignore the man..by the way Quarg, using the correspond power, for 9 rounds, we can talk to each other, using 25 words or less. Though you aren't forced to respond.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:48 am

"Sooo... how you doing?"
"Well. You?"
"Yeah, good."
"......."
"......."
"How about the weather?"
"Yeah, nice."
"Nice."
"......"
"......"
"......"
"Um, I got this... thing, I gotta do..."
"Oh, yeah... me too.."
"Bye."
"Later."

Quarg wrote:
Proposed scene wrote: Eileen waits for a reponse from the man. He seems to be staring at her with a slight tick. After moments turn into a minute she finally pokes the man. The flesh is hard and unyeilding. Eileen then raps the man on the head, it is the empty, dull ring of a partial metal void. "Well this is intresting, a construct....why would a construct wish to wander into a Tavern and pretend to be an Emeritus Scholar?"
Kast would be very embarrassed that he didn't recognize him as a construct, as that is one of his Favored Enemies....
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:56 am

no no silly, 25 words or less, each round for 9 rounds (1 round/level) (25 words or less, each person, each round, nine rounds)

It will become useful should the group ever find themselves separated in some manner as the Correspond Power can work across the expanse of space (and planes)..

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:05 am

That qualifies as 'or less'.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:12 am

spiderwrangler wrote: "Sooo... how you doing?"
"Well. You?"
"Yeah, good."
"......."
"......."
"How about the weather?"
"Yeah, nice."
"Nice."
"......"
"......"
"......"
"Um, I got this... thing, I gotta do..."
"Oh, yeah... me too.."
"Bye."
"Later."
"God what a D***"
"What did you just call me?"
"Shit your still there...ah no...I was calling the guy in line in front of me a D****"

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:19 am

HA!

Also, "<If you hear me cousin, then no slander was intended, only my own humor at such distortions. I have no reason to make enemies of my distant kin, cousin.> " exceeds 25 words. ;)

"<If you hear me cousin, then no slander was intended, only my own humor at such distortions. I have no reason to make enemies of .........> "
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:22 am

I can imagine it is like durkon from oots. :lol: using wau to many sendings to try to get a message across

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:25 am

well, given our setting, one could assume that this is only a conversation of 1/round in length...

hmm, willpell, would you allow something like the following to be true.
Correspond: 1 round/lvl of 25 words (currently = 9 rounds/level or 25 words)
to be 1 round of 225 words, or, 2 rounds of 112.5 words, or 3 rounds of 75 words, etc...

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:29 am

Like D&D tweeting... tweets, chicklet, little sparrow... hmmm...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:41 am

yeah yeah yeah...

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:53 am

spiderwrangler wrote:HA!

Also, "<If you hear me cousin, then no slander was intended, only my own humor at such distortions. I have no reason to make enemies of my distant kin, cousin.> " exceeds 25 words. ;)

"<If you hear me cousin, then no slander was intended, only my own humor at such distortions. I have no reason to make enemies of .........> "
Miscounted, thanks for the heads up...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:06 am

I just realized that all of us all share a bond of neutral alignment.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:10 am

So when do we start making watches and opening banks with confidential depositors?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:21 am

by the way...I really want a homebrewed flying vessel that we can take from location to location....though, i think i could only afford a flying rowboat (longboat) at this point.

Amara
Spokesperson in Training

Post by Amara » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:36 am

Haha, we ARE all neutral in some way, huh?
I've had a of neutral fellows recently, come to think.

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:52 am

► Show Spoiler
To the point where all alignments of Neutral are being portrayed...craziness

You are at the center of us all Amara....prepare to be the peacemaker

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

I didn't notice that anyone had addressed Lucather; I'll go back and look. He isn't intentionally ignoring you or anything.
spiderwrangler wrote:Kast would be very embarrassed that he didn't recognize him as a construct, as that is one of his Favored Enemies....
No, he's human...the more favored of your enemies.

@ Badge: No houserules on Correspond, but consider it handwaved for this situaton. Maybe you were mindspeaking in Draconic which happens to use fewer words to express this exact exchange, or maybe the 25-word limit is only true in stressful situations...whatever it takes to explain this incident without making any changes in future.
My long-neglected blog.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:09 am

willpell wrote: No, he's human...the more favored of your enemies.
Yup, FE bonus still wasnt enough to get a good sense motive check.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler