PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1313

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:30 am

I'll come with you, but just let me finish here. Putting one hand on the Echo's Irene faces the group... or what's left of it.

"Nothing's wrong with him, you're just weak! Come on everyone let's finish everything up this round I know we can it! and Bruce... I'm sorry I gave you an alias when we first met because I didn't know whether or not I could trust you, I see now I should have trusted you more fully in person... While I was worried you'd be attacked, I didn't think it would be in the same afternoon."

"Ochrana, trap that lady."

Irene
Go Fight Win - all allies get a +2 evasion and a use of excited condition (roll 2 times on sve checks and take the higher result)
Moment of action - Koa and Bruce get +1 ap for a round and Koa gets some motivation (can raise a stat 1 cs that's below it's default value)

Ochrana
spikes outside the door so the summoner has to either walk over them to flee, but people can approach from behind without activating them.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5260

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:50 am

The Commander's fist biffs off of Koa's face, forcing his head to turn a bit and little else. Koa didn't even really feel that, after Irene's encouragement (2 Temp HP left). The masked guy may as well have slapped Koa with a wet noodle. Koa remembers back when he fought a small biker gang and got roughed up by that guy with the bat... had Koa toughened up that much since then?

"Nothing's wrong with him, you're just weak!

"Hah, yeah, they just look scary, but these guys are nothing!" Koa says, as he casually bops the fleeing grunt in the back of the head with his sword pommel.
Attack of Opportunity on fleeing Grunt #1 (AC 3): 1d20 = [7] = 7
2d6+8+16 = [6, 6] = 36


Then that weird girl with a staff decides to bail, but thankfully Ochrana isn't far behind with Spikes ready to slow her down.

"Hey! Hold it!" He nearly dashes off, but halts himself just enough to give some orders. "U-uh, Lonaki, grab this guy! Let's get some answers, yeah?"

Lonaki clangs his mandibles together viciously after easily dispatching the Umbreon, and whirls around on the fox's trainer! He skitters forward and clamps down on the Commander's leg like a vice, rooting him to the spot. The man should consider himself very lucky Koa didn't order the Durant to attack!
Grapple on Commander: 1d20-2 = [20] = 18
Athletics: 4d6+2 = [6, 6, 5, 5] = 24

Koa then charges towards the Summoner, ignoring any retaliation from the Commander and closing the distance rapidly. He'll Sprint up to 13 meters if necessary, but if he can get there with 9 then Koa will try to grab her!

Grapple on Summoner using Athletics: 1d20 = [7] = 7
4d6+2 = [5, 5, 4, 1] = 17

Call to Adventure: 1d6 = [5] = 5
(Using Irene's temporary AP to boost that to 22!)
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7127
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:07 am

When Isabella steps out into the arena to a silent crowd, Izzy fights back against her instinct to be the only one cheering. Don't draw attention to yourself, don't draw attention to yourself...

Luckily, before her (weak) self-control falls apart, Mr Suspicious and the red-faced man turn up. And start shouting some very interesting things.

Figuring Jeremy will know as much as her, Izzy looks around for someone else to ask. Was that guy who interrupted the fight earlier there? If he is, Izzy sidles up to him and gives a charming smile - otherwise, she just picks someone else who looks local instead.

"Hi, I'm Izzy! You don't happen to know who those guys are, do you? And what happened with Alistair?"

Charm: 14
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4494
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:38 am

Bjorn tries pulling on the cables in each direction to see if that makes any difference. If not, he looks around for a mechanism or lever of any sort before moving on.

Bjorn Athletics and Perception checks:
Athletics = 5D6 = [4, 3, 6, 6, 1] = 20
Perception = 5D6 = [1, 3, 1, 3, 5] = 13
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6866

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:47 pm

On Bruce's initiative, he will use Rawku to move towards the commander and give him a paralyzing Glare. Then, on Rawku's initiative, he will step back, trying to get in between the Commander and Irene, if he can.

Accuracy=13
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11391

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:40 am

Haley

Haley continues her investigations into a means to unlock the door, but the lock itself keeps it's secrets, and she remains forgetting just a couple "key" figures to fully solve the riddle... But her tech skills do figure out that while the lock might be completely hidden from her, the actual puzzle mechanism itself is not. If she can figure out how that works, maybe she can cheat the system- And upon closer inspection, it becomes clear that the little letters she's supposed to slot in are far too small to have chips or something, so... Is it the magnets that are being used to stick to the wall..? Some further investigation reveals the idea to be correct, different letters having a different orientation... At which point it's realizing that each slot can only have one of two possible combinations, a bit of guesswork, and... Bingo.

Haley obtained an abra idol

Alex

Alex continues down the dark, yet bright hallways, on what seems like another linear, long path... Eventually arriving at it's end. Ahead of him seems to be another door- This one a bit larger than before, though, double-sided and made out of seemingly solid steel... Ahead of it a small pedestal, that held 4 small identations. And while he might be blind, it seems rather obvious that they're meant to take those idols he found earlier... If only he actually had 4 rather than 1.

Irene, Koa, Bruce

Not resisting the entity's grasp, Irene does plead to allow her to finish this battle, shouting inspirations to the others still... But whatever is going on in their mental conversation, apparently this is one wish it does not care for- As on it's turn, both Irene and the entity just... Disappear!

While she's undoubtedly off to have her own adventures, though, and giving zero cause for actual concern, the battle is not "quite" over yet..!

Ochrana meanwhile intends to trap the summoner, who is NOT having a good day as a bunch of spikes are scattered all around the floor surrounding her. And with both grunts KO'd, the buizel joins the Phantump in not being paid enough to care...

Lonaki meanwhile, goes for a grapple against the commander- Succeeding easily as he grabs a hold of the man's leg, getting some ire from him as he struggles..! Koa meanwhile manages to dash up all the way to the summoner- Grabbing a hold of her..!

"L-Let go of me..!"

The commander doesn't look like he's going to just "give up", though... Attempting to struggle out, but failing- Instead grabbing another one of his pokemon, and releasing a slugma..! An action that would become harder in the future, though, as Bruce rushed over to give him a paralyzing glare... While Rawku helpfully decides to attack the new pokemon on scene- And almost knocking it out outright, but not quite... Allowing it to retaliate against the bug that's chewing on it's master leg still, for 43(114) damage..!

The summoner meanwhile, panicking, tries to do some kind of arcane signature in Koa's direction... But appears to fumble it, as all Koa feels is just a brief moment of drowsiness. She also sends out one of her own pokemon, in the form of a sigilyph... As it shoots the man attacking it's master for 41(23) damage!

Irene(23/19) Tele'd
Ochrana(22)
Buizel(22) idling
"Echo"(21) Tele'd
Sigilyph(20)
Machamp(16) KO
Rattata(15) KO
Ms. Cuddles(15) recalled
Lonaki(14/19) KO
Umbreon(12) KO
Koa(11) 52/78 -1 DEF
Maguma(11) recalled
Commander(10) paralyzed
Poochyena(10) KO
2 grunts(10/15) #1 KO #2 KO
Bruce(6) trapped, slowed
Rawku(6)
Summoner(5) fleeing
Phantump(4) ingrained, idling
slugma(2) badly injured

Irene

As the creature teleports off, Irene soon finds herself in what looks like a large, darkened chamber... Stone "columns" set in the sides of the room, each leading into recesses- Most empty, some containing doors, others yet works of art or other things of interest... She herself having appeared in one of those recesses holding something more "interesting"- A large, ornate, yet fogged up mirror reaching all the way to the ceiling of the large room. These were likely almost secondary concerns, however, to two other things that would take precedence. The first of these things being that mild "pressure" in the back of her head now seemed a lot more intense, and secondly would be the source of... Familiar laughter. One that soon abates, as it turns to shouting instead.

"Beautiful, darling, just beautiful! Exactly like you predicted! Then again, what did I expect from none other than the great oracle herself..?"

The source of the voice stepped up, a light chuckle present as the man none the less seemed to reach out a well-meaning hand- Intending to help Irene get up. Looking up to meet with the rather... "Peculiar" cultist again- Matthias. And just behind him was this "oracle" he must have been speaking about. Dressed in white robes, her gaze was averted, as if she didn't directly want to look at Irene... By this point however, she looked... Familiar.

"I do apologize for the headache... In more ways than one."

(I'll take another focus check for Irene...)

Izzy

A quick inspection around does reveal that Jeremy seems about as flabbergasted as Izzy is with everything that was happening... Luckily, the idiot known as Dave did follow them into the arena- And she just quickly turns to him in the hopes of getting some more information.

"Hi, I'm Izzy! You don't happen to know who those guys are, do you? And what happened with Alistair?"
]

"Oh, man... I'm really not the person to ask! I just heard from the one guy that heard from the other, who then heard it from the girl that says she got it straight from the guy that was there y'know! But far as I know... Alistair was like, a pretty big time breeder. Great thing when you can't usually get pokemon legit, get what I'm saying? But then like, Isabella stole one of his pokemon and ran off... You don't do that, y'know!"

"Then rumor goes she said something, and before anyone knows, he just kind of... Dropped dead? Like out of nowhere! People been saying it wasn't just an accident though, and she got him killed..!"

"And that guy over there is known as the collector, and the guy kind of worked for him, so... Yeah, he was rather pissed bout that whole thing."


With that piece of exposition, though, there were probably more... Urgent matters. Like the man foaming from his mouth, for starters.

"I didn't do anything to him! And... And even if I did, the fucker deserved it!"

"Shut up! You think I actually care for what you have to say?!"

"I lost a lot of money girl... And here's a promise- For every pound I lost... I'll be making sure you get one!"


As the man shouts his threat, it appears they are more than just idle words... Two figures jumping over the rails ahead- Both rather athletic figures, the girl seeming to strike an athletic prose, while the guy has a keyboard attached to his arm, ready to play... Betty doesn't seem too happy with everything that's going on either, though.

"Hey! She's MINE!"

"And by all means darling, do join in! But you're not the only one who wants to see some revenge, and I'm not giving away my chance to make that happen!"

This is probably no longer a fair fight.

Dancer(20)
Izzy(16)
Mr. Suspicious(15)
Musician(10)
Jeremy(10)
Isabella(10)
Betty(7)
The collector(5)

Bjorn

Bjorn tries pulling on the cables, but that by itself doesn't do anything it seems... Unless he wants to risk trying to break the actual cables themselves, but that might just end up breaking the mechanism and make it actually impossible to open the door- Probably not a good idea..! But the cables do give an indication of where he might actually find a lever that's connected to them, but none that are immediately available... Likely just further in the maze.

(Intuition and perception to continue in the maze and try to find the lever in question...)

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5260

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:39 am

Thankfully Lonaki is still wearing his Fire Brace (that I totally didn't forget to put back on after it was Knocked Off in yesterday's gym battle :shifty:), and that combined with Irene's cheering leaves him barely conscious with 2 HP!

Unfortunately Koa's too focused on the task at hand to notice that Irene and her new friend have gone missing! He shrugs off some of the Sigilyph's hit thanks to Irene's cheerleading, but Koa's still feels most of the special-based attack!

"Gah, quit it! We won't hurt ya if we don't have to, yeah?!"

Koa lowers his voice so only this Summoner person can hear him, while trying to get a good look at her face at the same time. "What're you trying to steal those kinda pokemon for, huh? Did that Matthias guy put you up to this? He didn't seem keen on stealing any yesterday."

Meanwhile, Koa attempts to knock the Summoner's weapon out of her hand, not wanting to see what tricks it may hold.
Disarm on Summoner (AC 6): 1d20 = [4] = 4
Athletics: 4d6+2 = [5, 4, 2, 1] = 14

(I'll AP boost that AC to 6. She's grappled, so she's Vulnerable and that should hit)

He also releases Makeno the Zangoose to deal with that Sigilyph!

"Makeno, eat that Mushroom and use Pursuit on that bird thing!"

The Zangoose looks skeptically down at the half-of-a-mushroom (Preserves) he'd been given before that tough gym battle he never got to be a part of... then decides to down it on the spot. After a moment the Zangoose's natural bodily response to toxins kicks into gear, and his muscles visibly bulge under his fur, ready for battle! The Big Mushroom adds its own benefits on top of that, as well, slightly increasing Makeno's speed as well as his attack even more!
Big Mushroom stat boosts:
1d5 = [1] = 1 (Attack)
1d5 = [5] = 5 (Speed)


With his newfound power, Makeno gets a devilish glint in his eye, jabbing a Dark-infused claw into the Sigilyph with deadly accuracy! Thankfully for it that was one of Makeno's weaker moves.
Pursuit on Sigilyph: 1d20 = [20] = 20
1d8+6+45 = [2] = 53

Crit: 1d8+6 = [2] = 8
(61 total! Makeno also loses 9 HP from being Poisoned)
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:08 pm

Haley grins to herself and goes down the hallway looking around. She pockets a magnet...just incase.

Per [5d6+5] = 16+5 = 21

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7127
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:45 pm

Not making the same mistake twice, this time Izzy jumps into action immediately.

Literally, in this case.

A brisk wind picks up as she darts for the edge of the viewing platform, momentum carrying her over the edge. Just as her feet leave the railing, she releases Kay - the dragon-bat materialising mid-air in front of her. Grabbing onto her mane, Izzy pulls herself onto Kay's back and urges her forwards, the pair of them shooting across the arena to appear at Isabella's side almost instantly.

Acrobatics: 15 [DC10 to Mount, Shift Action]

"This counts as things going wrong, right?"

While Izzy stays mounted for now, summoning up a tailwind for some extra speed, Kay goes on the offensive. Hovering 6m above the ground, she sends a pulse of darkness down at anyone who looks vaguely aggressive.

- Tailwind: +5 Initiative for all Allies

Dark Pulse (AC: 10, Damage: 50)
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1313

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:55 pm

irene focus check with ap boost [2d6+1] = 7+1 = 8

With the head ache returning and even more painfully then before Irene doesn't registar Matthias at all. Dozens of thoughts rush through her mind, the battle, whether or not her friends are ok, why is Matthias here, who is Echo, but they all get crushed by one "why" is this person infront of her really...

Not even noticing the hand Irene scrambles up and tries to speak, finding that her voice seems locked in her throat. In the end she shakily calls out Rythem and pulls her into a hug, at which point she finally mumbles is that... you?

and since the head ache is back I'm guessing you'll want Spinda's connection to me.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11449
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:19 pm

Alex lets out a sigh, "So I need all four idols to get anything, but I can't get the drink challenge, and I'd have to hunt down that demon... It's just not going to happen, huh. Alright, I get it." Alex heads for the exit.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6866

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:20 pm

Bruce tries to give the Commander an intimidating Leer, but is too busy focusing on staying on Rawku to do it. Meanwhile, he orders Rawku to Bulldoze both the Slugma, and the Commander, if possible.

Bruce Ac=1
Rawku Ac=6
Power=47
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1313

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:28 am

Seeing Irene disappear Ochrona goes next to Koa for safety and bars the exit with more spikes while he jangles his keys angrily at the summoner cause she's the one who summoned Echo in the first place.

Ochrana intimidate [2d6] = 5

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4494
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:12 am

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11391

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:54 am

Koa, Bruce, Ochrana

Ochrana... Jingles angrily! The summoner is too distracted by Koa to even notice, though, as the Sigilyph continues trying to get the mean trainer off it's own master... With another psybeam for 34(24) damage! Poor Koa does keep ending up in situations where he gets attacked...

With that though, things DO seem to be rounding down... If only because of what little hostiles remain. The only thing that really seems like it might hold any tricks up it's sleeve is the summoner's staff- Which is resolved as Koa, still keeping the girl on lockdown, smacks it out of her hands as it clatters down to the floor..!

"Gah, quit it! We won't hurt ya if we don't have to, yeah?!"

"Ah- Okay, okay! I yield!"

"What're you trying to steal those kinda pokemon for, huh? Did that Matthias guy put you up to this? He didn't seem keen on stealing any yesterday."

"Wha- How do you even know that?!" the girl responds- It hard to get a look at her face unless he were to just pull down her hood, but he gets a couple glances at her...

He also releases Makeno to deal with the sigilyph, despite the summoner surrendering... It is dealt with in brutal fashion.

Bruce meanwhile continues trying to scare the commander, but stumbles a bit too hard atop Rawku to make it work... Rawku at the least manages to knock out the slugma before it can do anything else... Although the commander isn't quite as willing to give up as the summoner might be.

"Grr... Screw this!" he let's know, the paralysis stopping him from doing much... Except going for a defiant last stand, not wanting to go down without a fight- Releasing two pokemon, a fearow and a glalie..! The fearow the one to take out the pesky Lonaki, with an aerial ace for 35(16) damage!

The summoner at least seems to be sticking to not doing anything else...


Irene(23/19) Tele'd
Ochrana(22)
Buizel(22) idling
"Echo"(21) Tele'd
Makeno(24/20) +1SPD +4ATT +3 SATT
Fearow(20)
Sigilyph(20) KO
Machamp(16) KO
Rattata(15) KO
Glalie(15)
Ms. Cuddles(15) recalled
Lonaki(14/19) -14/81
Umbreon(12) KO
Koa(11) 52/78 -1 DEF
Maguma(11) recalled
Poochyena(10) KO
2 grunts(10/15) #1 KO #2 KO
Bruce(6) trapped, slowed
Rawku(6)
Commander(5/10) paralyzed
Summoner(5) fleeing
Phantump(4) ingrained, idling
slugma(2) KO
► Show Spoiler
Haley

Haley proceeds... And eventually comes across what looks to be another room, the narrow hallways opening up into a wider room... Although, while the hallways leading there might have given her a sign what was coming, she didn't quite expect this... While there had been the occasional web, and signs of movement, this room was outright... Infested. A thick canopy of webs hung overhead, thick enough to not allow her to actually see the ceiling, and with the occasional movement... Strands of webs descended here and there down the walls, and even took up part of the floor. Despite that, though, there still seems to be a clear path to an exit on the left, already open... But there is also an opening over to the right- This one blocked by webs, and seeming to have even more webs in the room beyond. But, that room beyond also seems to hold an idol...

Izzy

And so, things escalate..! The dancer starts with doing a pirouette, suddenly a lot faster already... While also unleashing her own pokemon in the form of a roselia! It's not before long Izzy joins in with her own, slightly more intimidating pokemon though...

"This counts as things going wrong, right?"

"...Yeah, I'd say this qualifies."

As Kay is released and mounted, Izzy strings up a tailwind for everyone... Well, everyone friendly at least- While Kay aims a dark pulse at the newly released Roselia, doing a good bit of damage..! The Roselia then gets to counterattack, though- For a moment targetting Isabella, before it sees Betty clench her bat.

"You attack her, and I'm gonna hit you instead- She's MINE!"

It opts to go after Kay instead... Hitting her with a leech seed!

The suspicous stranger meanwhile, releases two of his own pokemon, in the form of a pawniard and a clauncher... Next to the collector on the podium, and in the arena respectively. For now, though, it only torments Kay- From a safe distance...

To continue adding to the fun pile, next up is the musician- Who for this turn at least, just unleashes two pokemon of his own. A loudred, and a magnemite!

Jeremy meanwhile releases Atom- Who he... Fails to mount, but sends down anyways as he stays up. Isabella meanwhile, just hangs back at the overwhelming enemy presence, releasing two of her own pokemon- Max, and Grin... The former immediately rushing up to the Roselia to knock it out!

Then the loudred that was just released gets to act, though, hitting Grin with a supersonic!

Next up, Betty... Who stomps towards Isabella with a determination that's saying she isn't quite giving a crap to anything happening around her... Albeit not being able to reach her this round, and releasing two pokemon instead- A lairon and bronzong!

Then the collector sends out his own pokemon as well... A dragonair and pupitar! The former starting off by making it rain...

Atom meanwhile, finally jumps down into the arena... And decides to assert itself as the superior steel type against the lairon with a brick break..! Not seeming to do as much as hoped, though... Seems they're pretty tough..!

Raining(5)

Dancer(28/20) +2 SPD
Kay(26/21) leech seeded, suppressed
Izzy(21/16)
Roselia(15) KO
Mr. Suspicious(15) (on platform)
Pawniard(15) (on platform)
Max(15)
Dragonair(15)
Musician(10)
Jeremy(10)
Isabella(10)
Loudred(10)
Magnemite(9)
Betty(7)
The collector(5) (on platform)
Grin(5) confused
Clauncher(4)
Atom(4) 2 momentum
Lairon(4) injured
Bronzong(3)

Irene

With everything that was happening right now, Irene was a bit overburdened to also set up her mental defences, and was left unguarded against... Whatever was affecting her. She could only barely make out that it was neither Echo, or any of the other ones in the room that were doing it, or at the very least they were VERY good at hiding it- But that's something she wouldn't even remember afterwards, as the big hall she was looking at... Would instead be remembered as an old warehouse. One of the many that were left abandoned in Murkoff- And rather than whatever trick Echo had pulled to bring her here, she had simply... Walked? That was what her memories would tell her, even though in the present, it was most evidently not the case. Despite the slight headache, however, she still manages to speak.

is that... you?

The statement didn't seem directed to either Echo or Matthias though, but rather, the woman... For a moment she turns, with what looks like... Tears? Ones that were recently wiped away, and already reforming. For a moment looking as if she was finally going to say something, before Echo interrupts.

"Mistress used me."

"...Ah- Oh, Echo, I'm sorry... But, you understand, right..? I couldn't tell you... It'd risk ruining my plan..."

"And WHAT a plan, no?" the manic cultist interjects, eyes excitedly dashing between the two girls.

"Why do you think I suddenly got so interested, back when we first met, darling..? Like I said before... I do not believe in coincidences. In fact, once I had seen you, and gave it just a moment to sink in... It all made sense!"

"How could it not be, that among the companions of the chosen ones... There would be another, prominent figure... None other than the daughter of the grand oracle herself! Irene, daughter of the grand oracle, Gayle!"


There was another moment of silence, before the tears on her mother's face reappeared... Albeit with a smile.

"Oh, honey... I'm so sorry..." she spoke, for a moment her arms lifting up as if wanting to come closer, before pausing... Matthias was having none of that, though.

"Come on, come on! Hug already, or something!"
► Show Spoiler
Alex

Alex considers his situation for a moment and then... Gives up. Heading back towards the exit, and that somehow comforting red light...
► Show Spoiler
Bjorn

Bjorn continues down the hallway, and... Suddenly pauses. He's not sure how, but he can just tell that there's... Something, around the next corner, something that makes him shiver... Just... Waiting, for him to come around. Maybe it's just paranoia, and he should push on, or... Maybe he should just turn around, and go try to find the other lever..?

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:28 pm

Haley looks at the webbing, noting how thick it is. She starts to collect some as she heads twoards the idol, intenting to make a rope later so she can go up the grate.

surv [5d6+2] = 16+2 = 18
Survival for collecting crafting ingredients?

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7127
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:37 pm

((...dammit. If I had Hurricane online for Kay, that Rain would be super useful. Y'know, if she wasn't suppressed... :lol: ))

Izzy is mid-way through pulling out her Fire Blaster when it starts raining. Well, crap.

Eh, still probably worth it. Aiming down at the ground, she begins whistling a jaunty tune to herself and Kay while searching for a target. Emboldened by the music, Kay dives down and unleashes a nasty Air Cutter on as many targets as possible. At the same time Izzy finally picks her target - the unlucky Magnemite - and spews out a torrent of flame at it, before directing Kay to get them back up to a safe height.

Air Cutter (AC: 5, AC: 3, Damage: 58)

Fire Blast (AC: 9, Damage: 37)

-- Play the Wind: Song of Courage [2AP: +5 Damage for all Allies in Burst 2]
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Natrivv
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1313

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:13 pm

At seeing the tears, Irene tears up too. This was her; the entire reason of starting this adventure was right in front of her... yet somehow instead of the expected happiness was anger... a lot of it.

"Come on, come on! Hug already, or something!"
Taking Mathias' advice Irene gets up and does something... she throws a punch at him!
"YOU STAY OUT OF THIS JERK!"
Irene struggle attack [1d20] = 7 damage [1d8+6] = 4+6 = 10

Rythem following up on Irene advice decides to help Mathias to stay out of it by putting him to sleep.
Rythem Hypnosis with ap boost [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13

Turning around and facing her mother her frustration comes forth her steps slow despite her words being quick.
"You were SAFE by mew's mercy you were fucking SAFE!!! YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW SCARED WE WERE FOR YOU!!! I'VE DEALT WITH SOMEONE WHO MAKES DARKRAI LOOK" TAME! FOILED TERROIST PLOTS, FOUGHT LEGENDS FROM MULTIPLE DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS TO FIND YOU SAFE AND SOUND!!! Irene is quivering with unexpected rage.

While yelling Spinda does walk over offering Irene a hug which she takes while she continues through the tears.

You have any idea what we've been through you left over a decade ago with no warning... Dad, he still keeps a picture of you next to the door which he talks to everyday... He always said he could feel you were out there and you could come back in time... He is so protective of me worried that whatever caused you to disappear back then would happen to me. He pretty much went grey overnight with worry!

And what about Granny you think it was easy for her having to step up and be a mother again! She never did it when she thought when I was around, but she also tears up at your photo...

and me, you left when I was a child... and all this time you could have written, you could have called, just one town over... you were JUST ONE TOWN OVER! ARCEUS DAM it you could have sent a cultist to bring us an update!


At this point Irene does make it over to her mother pulling her into a tight hug sobbing as silently as she can. Why did you abandon us...

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5260

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:12 pm

-Previous Round-

"Ah- Okay, okay! I yield!"

Koa is just about to give Makeno the order to blast the Sigilyph, but hesitates, giving the Summoner a hard look.

"...You better, yeah? Now call your temple bird off!"

Koa, still having a firm grip on the woman's arm, takes his eyes off her to focus his attention back to the still-struggling Commander, ordering Makeno to hold and see whether the guy gives up. There's no such luck, however, as he instead doubles down and releases two pokemon!

Makeno prepares a vengeful Fighting-type move as per his trainer's orders. With the Commander focusing Lonaki down with the Fearow, the Zangoose dashes forward and slams a fist into the Ice-type Glalie!

Revenge on Glalie + crit: 4d6+16+26 = [6, 6, 4, 1] = 59

"Wha- How do you even know that?!" The Summoner asks, about how Koa would know Matthias or his intentions.

Koa glances at her briefly. "He left to meet someone yesterday, yeah? Why don't ya guess who that was?."

-This Round-

If the Glalie is still up, Makeno keeps applying pressure by Slashing through it as well as any other bad guys close enough to hit! If the Glalie's down, he'll just go after the remaining Commander and Fearow.

Slash on Glalie/Commander/Fearow - Pass (AC 2): 1d20 = [8] = 8
2d10+10+26 = [10, 6] = 52
1d20 = [5] = 5
2d10+10+26 = [10, 2] = 48

(I'll AP boost that AC 5 to a 6)

Koa will provide ranged support, stomping on the ground again and punching his sword arm towards the biggest group of enemies, blasting them with leftover wall debris (focusing on the Fearow and Glalie if it's still up)!

Rock Slide on Glalie/Commander/Fearow - Blast 3 (AC 4): 1d20 = [7] = 7
2d8+10+16 = [8, 5] = 39

(I'll AP boost that to 9, as well)

After the barrage of stones, Koa notices something... missing.

"Wha... where's my friend? And your... friend?"

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11449
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:30 pm

Long story short, yeah, he's leaving. Reasoning below.

There are four slots for idols. Alex found two, the drink presumably would have provided the third, and the celebrity door he couldn't open the fourth. There's probably be a fifth spare in the remaining passage, maybe a sixth through the spiders, but he's not going to be going through the webs, and odds are extremely high that he wouldn't be able to solve the remaining puzzle in the last passage, along with a small chance that the 'demon' would be able to track him down in the other area, since he never locked it out from that side. Basically, there's as much chance that he'd lose the one idol he has left as he'd gain a second.

So he'll just need to leave. Not like he really needs the minor support a second idol will provide, when he's already using a team that's fairly over-leveled. Unless the number of idols you have is the number of pokemon you get to use, but that's not really a 'minor' bonus when you'd get a sub-team against a full optimised team.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4494
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:01 am

Bjorn can't shake the forboding feeling, but is feeling brave enough to venture forward. He stops just short of the corner, and rolls an item like a can of food or bottle of water etc forward, to see if the presence around the corner is immediately hostile or not, or can maybe be tempted out with an item.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11391

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:51 pm

Haley

Haley attempts to grab some of the webbing, but... Despite the fact she'd consider herself quite crafty when it comes down to survival, if even advanced machines and science is yet to figure out how to properly harvest spider silk into usable material, she's definitely not going to be able to do it using nothing but her bare hands and no tools. There might be other things she could try and collect the webs for, but things would come back to the whole "no tools" part... And the fact the spiders in the webs beyond already seem a bit jumpy just for her getting too close to the webs in order to inspect them.

Izzy

The dancer starts off the round, now... Oh god, no- She's... Cheering..!

You're all doomed.

The dancer releases a kirlia, who immediately becomes excited..!

Kay meanwhile dives down in the direction of the Collector and the shifty guy, aiming to hit both... However, the latter pushes the former out of the way, taking only damage himself..! He seems to be quite defensive as well, not TOO hurt by the attack... While Izzy meanwhile, blasts the magnemite with her fire weapon, doing good damage..!

Next, a hypnosis attack puts the Musician to sleep, and- Wait. Who just put him to sleep, when next up was going to be the guy on the platform..? Oh!

"I really can't leave you guys alone for 5 minutes without getting into trouble, can I..?"

Drake joins the party, and Ghos is already on the battlefield!

The Suspicious guy next up readies something from his pocket, what looks to be... A miniature shield? Standing defensively...

Max, next up, continues the job Izzy started- Knocking out the magnemite!

Then, things turn back around to the Dragonair, and...

"Electrify that bitch..!"

On the Collector's command, the Dragonair calls down lightning on Isabella..! Interrupted only by Jeremy quickly ordering Atom to intercept the attack, taking the hefty hit himself..!

"WHAT DID I JUST SAY?! SHE'S MINE!"

"Go cry me a river!"

The Kirlia meanwhile, hits the newly released Ghos with a confusion... But misses!

The musician though, immediately wakes up from sleep... If unable to act yet.

Isabella meanwhile, seems to realize staying out of range of the two people that have very real intent to hurt her is probably the better part of valor, and just commands her pokemon- Similar to Jeremy.

The loudred starts an uproar next to Grin, who remains a relative glass cannon and takes a lot of damage... As next up, Betty acts again- Who appeared to be serious about her threat... Moving over to clobber the dragonair with her bat instead..!

"Do you REALLY want to end up on my shit list as well?!"

The clauncher meanwhile shifts close enough to manage to launch a bubblebeam on Atom, dealing some damage... While Betty doesn't seem to take any sass, and orders her Lairon to assist - Although it misses...

Raining(4)

Dancer(28/20) +2 SPD, +1DEF/SDEF
Kay(26/21) leech seeded, suppressed
Izzy(21/16)
Ghos(19/15)
Drake(15)
Roselia(15) KO
Mr. Suspicious(15) (on platform) injured
Pawniard(15) (on platform)
Max(15)
Dragonair(15) lightly injured
Kirlia(11) Excited
Musician(10)
Jeremy(10)
Isabella(10)
Loudred(10)
Magnemite(9) KO
Betty(7) +1 ATT
The collector(5) (on platform)
Grin(5) confused, heavily injured
Pupitar(5)
Clauncher(4)
Atom(4) 3 momentum, injured -1 SPD
Lairon(4) injured
Bronzong(3)
► Show Spoiler
Irene

As Matthias stands on the sidelines eagerly, with a big grin saying he might actually be the happiest about this reunion between the three of them... He soon gets delivered an uppercut he may or may not deserve- The grin at the very least wiped off his face, as, before he can even properly realize what just happened, he gets put to sleep as well... And Irene turns her "wrath" back at her mother, who seems... Not terribly surprised by what just happened.

"You were SAFE by mew's mercy you were fucking SAFE!!! YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW SCARED WE WERE FOR YOU!!! I'VE DEALT WITH SOMEONE WHO MAKES DARKRAI LOOK" TAME! FOILED TERROIST PLOTS, FOUGHT LEGENDS FROM MULTIPLE DIFFERENT DIMENSIONS TO FIND YOU SAFE AND SOUND!!!"

"Oh, honey... I know. I've been watching... Who do you think sent this... Fool-"
she says, offhandedly waving to the sleeping Matthias, "To come to you after what happened with... It? I... I wanted to help. In what little ways I could."

That statement didn't help stop Irene from bursting out in a mix of rage and tears... Slowly stepping towards the figure as they stood in a mix of... A multitude of emotions, that seemed to boil down to that she accepted whatever judgement was to be bestowed upon her.

You have any idea what we've been through you left over a decade ago with no warning... Dad, he still keeps a picture of you next to the door which he talks to everyday... He always said he could feel you were out there and you could come back in time... He is so protective of me worried that whatever caused you to disappear back then would happen to me. He pretty much went grey overnight with worry!

And what about Granny you think it was easy for her having to step up and be a mother again! She never did it when she thought when I was around, but she also tears up at your photo...

and me, you left when I was a child... and all this time you could have written, you could have called, just one town over... you were JUST ONE TOWN OVER! ARCEUS DAM it you could have sent a cultist to bring us an update!


But with all that, Irene falls silent... And then, hugs her mother- Still sobbing, whimpering a bit... As was she.

"Oh... I had been hoping this was going to be the outcome." she mutters silently, before distancing herself again- Kneeling down just a little bit, grabbing Irene by the arms to properly look each other face to face. The Regi continued standing off to the side, simply watching.

"Honey, I... I am so, so sorry. Really, there's no excuse, I deserve everything you've just said, but..."

"Did you think I wanted this?"


Tears seemed to be welling up in her own eyes, but she spares only a moment to wipe them off before, sternly, trying to continue.

"Your father... I'm not sure what he convinced himself over the years. Maybe it was just... Easier on him, to ignore what I was trying to tell him. That I had a choice. Ultimately, I'm... I'm not sure if it's safe to ever say that I did, but... And you. You were still so young... Maybe I should have told you, but it happened so much faster than I thought it would. And mom..." she pauses, seeming to let out a small laugh, a chuckle, really. "She'd probably have forced me to stay... I couldn't allow it."

"But even when it did, much as I wanted to talk to you over the years... I couldn't risk it. Matthias here might be... Harmless."
she adds after some minor hesitation. "He's not the only one... I've been forced to deal with maniacs, thieves, crooks, killers, thugs... I couldn't allow the risk of them finding out about you, honey... If they did, every day I'd have to live in fear that they'd force me in a position where they'd hurt you if I didn't comply. How could I risk that just for my own sake?!"
she states, taking another deep breath... Composing herself a bit more before grabbing Irene in that hug again, continuing once more.

"But... It won't last much longer still. Just... A little bit longer. I know you've got a million questions, but... We don't have much time."

"One or two questions. And then... There's something important I have to tell you. I promise... We'll have all the time in the world soon, okay..?"


Koa, Bruce, (Irene)

"...You better, yeah? Now call your temple bird off!"

"Yeah, sure! Down, Runic!"

With the summoner having given up, only the commander seems to remain... Which probably won't last too long, as the Glalie is instantly ko'd..! Makeno meanwhile focuses on the fearow, slashing through both him and the commander- Dealing good damage to both... The fearow still gets to act, though, and uses mirror move- Slashing through Rawku and Bruce..! Or it tries, at least, as it's attack ends up missing...

Following that, Rawku DOES manage to knock out the fearow... While the commander meanwhile, seems to have weighed his options... And decides to try and make a run for it! Sprinting out the door...

"He left to meet someone yesterday, yeah? Why don't ya guess who that was?."


"...Wait- You're..?"

"...Okay, look, there has to be some kind of misunderstanding... If he's with YOU, I know we wouldn't be messing with you..! Can... Can I just go..?"


"Wha... where's my friend? And your... friend?"


"I don't know..! I stopped having ANY idea of what is even going on like ten seconds after entering this place!"

Irene(23/19) Tele'd
Ochrana(22)
Buizel(22) idling
"Echo"(21) Tele'd
Makeno(24/20) +1SPD +4ATT +3 SATT
Fearow(20) KO
Sigilyph(20) KO
Machamp(16) KO
Rattata(15) KO
Glalie(15) KO
Ms. Cuddles(15) recalled
Lonaki(14/19) -14/81
Umbreon(12) KO
Koa(11) 52/78 -1 DEF
Maguma(11) recalled
Poochyena(10) KO
2 grunts(10/15) #1 KO #2 KO
Bruce(6) trapped, slowed
Rawku(6)
Commander(5/10) paralyzed, injured, running
Summoner(5) grappled
Phantump(4) ingrained, idling
slugma(2) KO
► Show Spoiler
Alex

Alex decides to leave, before he inadvertently ends up losing another idol, and potentially a kidney... Entering through the "exit" door, one last hallway awaiting him that slowly begins to light up to "acclimate" him back to the light... Or it should, if the place inside wasn't so filled with aura as to not bother him. Exiting, he instantly meets with Jack...

"Congratulations... I'll take your idols and other items- Your own items will be back there in the room. Had fun..?"

Bjorn

Bjorn considers the situation, but... Decides to not back down. Edging up to the corner, the presence of... Something, seems to only become more serious, although it wasn't going to let it deter him... Much. He doesn't have any items to roll, though- But on some further consideration, decides to just use his shoe to try and lure out what's around the corner... There doesn't seem to be a response, though...

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
You'll Never Hear the End of It
Posts: 14742
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Eeerrr. There is a way to collect spider silk. Science can't replicate silk without spiders. I think that's what you are thinking of.

Someone collecting spider silk with bare hands. So Haley will slowly collect silk going twords the idol. She might not be able to clean it properly but she may be able to get a lot if it's as think as you say. She's collecting espessially in the abandoned areas of webbbing.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11449
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Alex offers up the torch and Abra Idol, being the only things he still has, "It was interesting, to say the least, mostly thanks to your assistant and the... "Demon." I'll have to work out how you managed that some day, it wasn't just an illusion or it wouldn't have been able to get hold of that idol, and a pokemon which can use illusions and telekinesis... I can't think of any, at least..."

"Well, your assistant has probably already told you that I didn't exactly get the full experience, so I may have to visit again if I ever work out how to stop seeing auras. It's strange, I never expected a place could have so much aura. There must be something to cause that, but I couldn't guess at what."
Alex gives Jack a grin, "Well, I guess you could say that even though I didn't get to experience it the way you planned, it was still intriguing."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5260

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:38 pm

Koa and Makeno focus down the fleeing Commander. Considering Koa's guarding the only exit, which is also surrounded in Spikes, this should be pretty easy.

(Rolls)
► Show Spoiler
After the Commander is (likely) dealt with and things finally settle down, Koa has some business with a certain someone.

"...Okay, look, there has to be some kind of misunderstanding... If he's with YOU, I know we wouldn't be messing with you..!"

Koa sheathes his sword and glances over at Bruce. "I've only known this guy as long as you have, actually. But I know the Big Guy wouldn't be happy if one of his kids got stolen, yeah? It's not like I'd sit by and let that happen."

"Can... Can I just go..?"

"Not until you answer some questions... and you help me find my friend. That psychic could teleport around, yeah? Well we were standing in the only way outta here, so that means they teleported somewhere. You're gonna help me figure out where they went. You cooperate with me, and I'll see if Jack will go easy on ya. Let's take a step inside...," Koa says, pausing for a moment to roll the Violet shard around in his sleeve, then picking up the Summoner's staff and escorting her back into the pizzeria and sitting her down in one of the booths.

After checking to make sure the store owner is okay, sheepishly apologizing for the wall, and promising to contact someone to get it fixed, Koa attempts to make some calls to Jack and Izzy. Assuming both are preoccupied, he'll send out a couple texts.

To Izzy:

Code: Select all

Got jumped at meeting w/ Bruce. Irene missing. Caught Son of Aether. Hurry to [pizzeria's address]
To Jack:

Code: Select all

Attacked by Red Hand and Sons of Aether. We won, caught one. Irene missing. Plz help at [pizzeria's address]
"Alright, while we wait on those guys... why don't we introduce ourselves, yeah?" Koa offers, both to the still-hooded woman and looking back at Bruce as well. After thinking about it for a moment, Koa releases Kinhe the Nihilego. "I'm Koa, the guy taking care of this one. Kemanahine's her name."

Again finding herself in an unfamiliar location with strangers, Kinhe restrains herself from immediately latching onto Koa. He nods, though, and takes one of her slick tentacles in his hand, taking a sharp breath as their minds begin joining.

"Hey Kinhe, could you do something for me? I just fought some kinda psychic, and it messed with my head a bit. You think you could poke around in there, see if anything's out of place?"

With that, Koa tries to recall the battle that just happened moments ago. He tries focusing on that psychic person specifically, wondering what it was trying to do and whether he can figure out where it took Irene.

Post Reply