PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11802

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:39 pm

Haley

"If it's not a costume then what is it?"

"How about you just guess..?"
the lady answers- Avoiding the question all together.

"Hheheh. It's so fuzzy! Are you like uh....what's the word, a poke...person thing? I have a friend who is part butterfree! That's cool! No wonder Jack hired you, you fit in this 'haunted' maze. So does this mean you can talk to them and stuff? I can speak to grass pokemons! How long have you been part spider? Do you have multiple sets of eyes?"

"Hmm, hmm... I suppose I am..? I can talk to all my little darlings after all... How neat you share it! And just two eyes darling- Sorry if I disappoint..."


"Sorry about that, I'm not exacly the most...graceful? And I seriously doubt you'd feed me to the spiders. I'm sure there were a loooooot of trainers that came through here to get the idol and were as clumsy as me. If anybody got hurt or died here then there would be a loooot of trouble for the gym. ....Also I would think they'd feed them. If not then I'm going to have words to Jack about neglectin' his mons.

"Hmm, hmm... You are probably right- I'd only eat the cocky ones..."

"But oh..? Hmm, hmm, now THAT is something I'd like to see..! You seem like quite the brave little girl, don't you..? Brave enough you'd even dare face up against scary Jack..?"

"Hmm, hmm- How about we make that for a deal, then..? Promise me you'll give Jack an earful about these horrid situations he puts us in, and I suppose I can leave you unpunished..."


Alex

"An... Interesting choice. It resists the fire, sure, but slugma have Rock moves too, so you've just opened up a weakness to slightly less powerful moves."

"A weak one... Unless you're a bit overleveled, of course- I suppose we'll find out." Jack responds, as the dog breathes smog for 36(21) damage- Before retaliating with an ancient power that does hefty damage, even through the pain resistance..!

(lights remaining: 2)
Houndour(15) badly injured
sandile(13/15) KO
Tyr(8/13) KO
Slippy(2) 56/77
scraggy(0/5) KO

Drake, Irene

The battle continues..! The dancer buffing herself even more, while Hogan redirects his attention to the annoying sunflora... Scoring a critical hit that knocks it out! Even with the damage reduction... The cheerleader was supposed to be strong, what is this?!

Crowley meanwhile, gives the middle finger to the sunflora that was just knocked out, simply protecting itself.

Sylph, with no other hostiles in reach from these lower plateaus, focuses on the mawile- Managing to paralyze it!

Jeremy releases his sneasel closer to the main platform, to hopefully help clean up there... While also recalling ATom.

Isabella meanwhile swings again- Hoping to rebuild lost momentum. She hits, though does it even matter..? There's some decent power behind those punches of her, but Betty seems to still take the brunt of it as if they're nothing..!

Nox has his attention on the spectacle, hoping one of the two humans die.

The Drifblim continues floating up on the platform, an eye out for anything that might come in range... Seeming most preoccupied with keeping it's master under protection.

The Goomy seems to inherit some characteristics from it's masters, though... Noticing where Izzy teleported off to, and giving chase..! Not getting anywhere close in range, though.

Betty strikes Isabella again with the bat- She doesn't look like she can take another hit like that...

The mawile snaps back at Sylph, the two pokemon seeming to take after their masters.

Dancer(36/20) +4 SPD, +3DEF/SDEF
Nate(27/22)
Kay(26/21) KO
Hogan(26/21) injured
Frost(25/20)
Ghos(24/15) KO
Izzy(21/16) 24/56
Drake(20/15) + SATK 52/78
Max(20/15) recalled
Crowley(20/15)
Maku(19/5) KO
Buzzkill(18/13) KO
Sylph(17/12) injured
Roselia(15) recalled
Pawniard(15) (on platform) very lightly injured, asleep
Dragonair(15) KO
Jeremy(15/10)
Isabella(15/10)badly injured
Nox(15/10)
Kirlia(11) KO
Loudred(10) injured, recalled
Musician(10) heavily injured
Drifblim(10) injured
Grin(10/5) recalled
Goomy(10) -2 satt
Mr. Suspicious(9/15) (on platform) KO
Magnemite(9) KO
Atom(9/4) 4 momentum, injured -1 SPD recalled
Betty(7) +3 ATT injured
Pupitar(5) KO
Mawile(5) badly injured, paralyzed
Clauncher(4) KO
Lairon(4) KO
The collector(3/5) (on platform) KO
Bronzong(3) KO
Sunflora(3) KO

Koa, Irene, Bruce

Irene drops out of the portal, far from in any decent state... Needing a couple moments while Koa worries over her- In the meantime, other conversation happening...

"Yeah... yeah, I think we're good, now. Just set the staff down over there, so it's outta sight, yeah? I'll take care of it in a bit," he gestures, the girl complying... Before continuing with another question.

"What about you, though? How much trouble are you gonna be in with the Sons or the Red Hand after this?"

"...I don't know. It didn't seem like failure was an option... It never WAS one in the past- The oracle, she predicted whether we'd win or lose, and if there was any doubt we usually didn't try..."

"I'm mostly just scared off... What they're gonna do to me."
she speaks, briefly glancing over at the junkrats that just entered, before quickly focusing back on the very important task of putting the staff away... And not just hoping they somehow wouldn't notice her.

"Heh, friends of yours?"

Yeah, I've met them.

"Heh, yeah- I've had a job done at his store before. They got good shit."

Red Hand sting. They tried to steal my pokemon. Mostly thanks to this guy, we were able to fight them off.

"That so? Good job then, kid." the third voice speaks up... One Bruce would instantly recognize joined by the figure that stepped through those doors... The figure rather slender, almost androgynous, but containing just enough curves to not have anyone doubt of her gender. Dressed in a rough, punk-like leather set of clothing, almost seeming like armor weren't it for the several rips they had here and there, jeans ripped, while the leather vest came together with fitting gloves... The ensemble finished with a couple of piercings in her ear, a pair of sunglasses that obscure her eyes and she probably never takes off, and a blonde hairdo that would require her to duck under doors... Weren't it for the fact it just would spring back up as she passed over them, at least- The blonde hair sticking up perhaps even a whole foot into a spiked mowawk, with a couple black accents. On one side, shaved, on the other, a lock of hair was allowed to drape over her face, creating a bit of a "side wing". Finally, she seemed to be wearing a metal guitar on her back... Although judging by the fact that one side of it appears to have blades attached to it, it might serve more than one purpose.

It's the Queen.

"Came over soon as I heard bout the whole thing, but seems that wasn't fast enough. Shame- I've been meaning to get my hands on that psychic lass they keep usin'... Something bout her doesn't quite add up and I was hoping to find out in person..." she says, eyes scanning over the room, or at least you presume that's what the slow side glance is supposed to be when you can't actually see her eyes... Stopping in the vague direction of the Summoner.

"It ain't her, right? She doesn't look like much..."

"Nah, can't be- Psychic lass has purple hair."

"Hell you talkin bout..? I've seen her before, it's blue!"

Irene meanwhile, recovers... And immediately begins shouting to Koa- Mostly confusing the others as she reveals what she's learned to him, although making sure to at least whisper one part of it... Before looking to immediately rush out- Although stopped by Bruce and, in a lesser extent, by the Junkrats she tries to barrel past.

I need to get medical attention... something big is about to happen, and I need to be ready... we're fighting against fate, and gods and I won't be able to help like this!

"Yeah, can't exactly disagree there. Tell you what- If you've the juice left in you to get there I can get ya into the academy for a checkup, alright? Nurse is practically a miracle worker."

"Anyway... Good job, y'all. We'll take it from here-"
she says, seeming about to add something... Right as there's another loud crashing sound from outside- And soon, something dives through the window..! The almost darkened figure doing a barrel roll, getting up, and then... Standing there rather foolishly as this new arrival, too, notices that everything is already resolved... A once tense Jack very rapidly reverting to his usual stoic self.

"...Suppose I'm not surprised you've already dealt with the issue. You kids alright?"
► Show Spoiler
Bjorn

Bjorn decides to continue, locking the door behind him- Now, the maze opening up into another room... This one seems pretty empty, going a ways to the left side, the only notable feature being a mirror on the left end. On the right meanwhile, there's another passage that doesn't seem blocked... Closer investigation though, soon reveals that there is one thing of interest- There, in the mirror, he can see a pedestal, with an idol on top... But, no such pedestal exists in the actual room.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15093
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:03 pm

"It's okay if you only have one pair, you are pretty as you are. I think it's neat! Must be real cool to walk on celings and walls and stuff!"

Haley gives a chuckle and grins at the spider lady. "Of course! Tell me about them so that I can complain to 'im proper! He's gonna get it!"

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11534
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:04 am

"Even a weak move with type advantage may match a strong one without, depending on the defender's defenses. That's the significance of typings. And though he is a little overleveled, I could have taught him Rock Slide quite some time ago had I wished. It's fair that you can't be prepared for something that rare, though."

Keeping up his banter Alex directed Slippy to use Rock Throw, with Focused Orders yet again.

AC=20 (Not crit), Damage = 19
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4506
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:51 pm

Bjorn assumes the mirror shard comes from this mirror, so makes his way over to it, looking for a place the shard could slot into. If such exists and the mirror is now complete, Bjorn then checks the pedestal to see if the idol is now visible and retrieves it, or else looks for some way to enter/retrieve the idol from the mirror's reflection (?)
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5441

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Koa gives a tired grin as Jack makes his amazing and unnecessary entrance. "Yeah, we're okay! A bit roughed up, but could've been a lot worse."

He turns to Queen and the other Junkrats. "If you're looking for that psychic lady, yeah she was here. She kidnapped my friend for a bit - teleported right outta here straight into their base, least that's what her text says," he says, fishing out his pokedex to double-check. "Problem is she's got some kinda... mind power, like, more than psychics usually do, something that erases or rewrites your memory or something. You said it was an anti...something?" Koa asks Garnet, who's probably still trying to hide despite being seen.

"This staff over here does it, too," Koa continues, heading back to where Garnet had tried to hide it. He pushes it out into the open with his sword. "It's got the same kinda mind-whatever thing. You have to warded against it or something, so don't touch it. But it's what they used to bring that psychic lady here, and it's what we used to get Irene back out of that... whatever the Sons of Aether base is. It's like a one-way teleport thing. Maybe we could use it to find 'em? Or maybe Drake could figure something out. He knows way more about this magic stuff than I do."

Regarding Garnet, Koa remembers, he looks ot Jack again. "Go easy on her, yeah? She was part of all this, but she wasn't part of the fight. And if it weren't for her, Irene wouldn't have come back. And it sounds like she might cooperate with us more, right?" Koa proposes to Garnet, expectantly.

"But... Irene, you said Grimm?" Koa asks her. "The big ghost guy we stopped at the tournament? He's possessing someone, a leader? Which one, Matthias or someone else? The guy in charge of the Red Hands?"

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7364
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:47 am

Izzy doesn't like the way that Goomy is charging her. Luckily, Nate is there to play distraction - swooping straight at the weird gloopy dragon and unleashing a burst of fairy magic in its face.

Dazzling Gleam (AC: 10, Damage: 39)

Meanwhile, Izzy considers the rest of the battlefield. And her eyes are quickly drawn to how beat-up Isabella is. Still though, there wasn't much she could really do about. She'd promised not to interfere...

Releasing Zeke, she grabs onto one of his feet and jumps the barrier. Hopefully anyone watching would just see the Golbat lowering her to the ground, not realising it was her own flight powers doing all the work. Once on the floor again, she starts running back into the fight - taking a circuitous route to avoid the angry Goomy. And as she runs, she swaps the Fire Drive in her Blaster for the Ice Drive.

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6892

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:46 am

Bruce decides to let Koa deal with the explanations, since he didn't want to embarrass himself in front of the queen, and definitely didn't want to deal with Jack at the moment. Instead, he focuses on getting Irene taken care of, offering to take her to the Academy.
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Natrivv
Speaks in Numbers
Posts: 1337

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:45 pm

Yeah, he's possessing Angstrom, Matthias actually helped me escape... there was something about an amulet being put onto Angstrom... is Angstrom the leader of these red heands?

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6745

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:41 pm

Crowley enjoys the fact that there are no more grass types targeting and decides to shoot the goomy with a water pulse, keeping his distance to it.
Drake can't help but try to assist Isabella a bit, trying to hide the fact from her. He uses the staff to decrease her attack power.

Crowley water pulse: 1d20 = 7 2d8+10+26 = 40
Drake baby doll eyes: 1d20 = [12] = 12
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11802

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:59 pm

Haley

"It's okay if you only have one pair, you are pretty as you are. I think it's neat! Must be real cool to walk on celings and walls and stuff!"

"Hmm hmm hmm... I suppose it is, darling!"

"Of course! Tell me about them so that I can complain to 'im proper! He's gonna get it!"

The spider lady seems to chuckle in a rather... Creepy, sinister laugh- Which might be the reason why she just constantly "hmms" instead given how unsettling it is. Eventually though, she seems to calm down.

"Hmm hmm hmm..! Yes, to give you the full rundown might be a bit much... I could tell you about Carlos, Louis, Ella... But ah, it wouldn't matter- He doesn't even KNOW half of them by name..! He might know only mine... That's already an earful, is it not..?"

"And then, the food... Atrocious, obviously- It might be fit for the smaller ones of my brethren... But really, can you look at me and not expect something better? Hmm, hmm..."
the creature hums, while moving to Haleys' back as one of it's legs lift high in the air... And then strike down- Expertly cutting Haley loose from her webbed bonds.

Alex

"Even a weak move with type advantage may match a strong one without, depending on the defender's defenses. That's the significance of typings. And though he is a little overleveled, I could have taught him Rock Slide quite some time ago had I wished. It's fair that you can't be prepared for something that rare, though."

"...Fair."

The houndour lets out another smog, this time poisoning Slippy as it deals 40(27) damage! It is then swiftly knocked out by the rock throw.

Next up is a mightyena.

(lights remaining: 2)
Houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14)
sandile(13/15) KO
Tyr(8/13) KO
Slippy(2) 22/77 poisoned
scraggy(0/5) KO
► Show Spoiler
Bjorn

Bjorn moves up to the mirror, assuming he could find a spot to fit it in... But no such luck- The mirror he was looking at seemed to be in pristine condition, and perfectly clear... In contrast with the shard he was holding in his hand, which looked more like it'd be some form of pocket mirror- Assuming it wasn't broken, at least.

As for other ways to retrieve it... Well, there's clearly no pedestal in this room, but he can see his reflection and the pedestal in the mirror...

Koa, Irene, Bruce

"Yeah, we're okay! A bit roughed up, but could've been a lot worse."


"Hmm. Good."

"Hah! Disappointed too, Jackie boy?"

"If you're looking for that psychic lady, yeah she was here. She kidnapped my friend for a bit - teleported right outta here straight into their base, least that's what her text says. Problem is she's got some kinda... mind power, like, more than psychics usually do, something that erases or rewrites your memory or something. You said it was an anti...something?"

"Anti-meme. And... Basically. Try not to think too hard about it."

The gym leader and queen just nod, thinking... But not speaking up as they see Koa is not done yet.

"This staff over here does it, too. It's got the same kinda mind-whatever thing. You have to warded against it or something, so don't touch it. But it's what they used to bring that psychic lady here, and it's what we used to get Irene back out of that... whatever the Sons of Aether base is. It's like a one-way teleport thing. Maybe we could use it to find 'em? Or maybe Drake could figure something out. He knows way more about this magic stuff than I do."


Jack seems to generally nod to all the words, as if plotting, deliberating on how to use such knowledge... While the queen meanwhile, either seems to tune out after a certain point, or simply not care as much- Striding up while Koa is still in the middle of his spiel, towards the staff... And snags it in her hand. Holding it for a moment, as if inspecting it... Before there's an almost inaudible, but still present... "Whistling" noise? More in the kind of what one hears after being shellshocked, it's joined by an audible "Ah!" from the woman as she unceremoniously drops the staff... Before beggining to chuckle.

"Haha, yeah, that DOES smart!"

"...I could try and show it to Mephisto. If he can't figure it out, Othello certainly would- But I don't think we can quite take a detour by Hantu to try and figure what is up with the staff."

"Or you could take it- Assuming you've some means of safely carrying it..."


"But... Irene, you said Grimm? The big ghost guy we stopped at the tournament? He's possessing someone, a leader? Which one, Matthias or someone else? The guy in charge of the Red Hands?"

Yeah, he's possessing Angstrom, Matthias actually helped me escape... there was something about an amulet being put onto Angstrom... is Angstrom the leader of these red heands?

"Angstrom ain't himself..? Well, now, that's a new one..."

"That'd... Explain why he's been acting different..."

"Grimm... He'd be the guy I was supposed to help with if he were to come back for revenge, isn't he..? Figures that'd come back around somehow... I'm actually not sure if I'd prefer him over Angstrom."

"Hah! We KNOW Angstrom- How would this guy be worse..?"

"Well, he did attack a whole stadium of people in anger... Not to mention I've been trying to investigate disappearances for less than a week, which is starting to seem less and less like coincidences..." Jack let's know, turning to gaze at the Summoner- And figuring that he might get some answers yet...

"Heh... I suppose it's tough competition, yeah."

Then, finally, the subject turns to the girl... Who by now is just awkwardly standing in a corner, hoping to not be noticed.

"Go easy on her, yeah? She was part of all this, but she wasn't part of the fight. And if it weren't for her, Irene wouldn't have come back. And it sounds like she might cooperate with us more, right?"

Jack nods to the request, about to speak up... Before the queen interjects.

"Sorry kids, but I'm afraid that's not gonna happen."

"She'll be coming with us."

"Sorry Jack."
she says, not even turning to look at him as he seems more than displeased about all of this. "But this whole fiasco happened on our terrain... Besides, collateral with the red hand? Like any chance like that is gonna fly by any time soon!"

"Besides, we've gotta help pay for all the repairs in some way... And the collateral might help with that, yeah?"

"Don't worry though- We'll be gentle... Long as we get what we want that is."


Bruce meanwhile, offers to take Irene to the academy... No one seems to object, and he could probably heal his pokemon there too- There's occasionally a bit of a line, but nothing that can't be overcome...

Izzy, Drake

The dancer seems to be getting a bit more doubtful about this whole thing... But still replaces the fallen sunflora with a honedge, and begins cheering it on- The musician meanwhile, raising a questioning eyebrow to her to see if she REALLY wants to keep going with this...

Even if she gives up, though, there's other nuisances to be dealt with- Particularly that goomy, who Nate attacks..! Already badly injured because of it.

Frost then helps finish it off- An icy wind doing the trick..!

And with that, it... Looks like the battle might be over..? There's the rogue drifblim and pawniard on the platform, the latter who continues sleeping peacefully for now, but they're not hostile... Until they'll be attacked, at least. The dancer seems to realize that, besides not even having any real targets anymore, attacking anything is gonna get her in a beatdown, so even if she hasn't decided to quit, it wouldn't take much...

Which would leave the only potential subject to be the duel between Isabella and Betty, really- One which, despite instructions not to, Drake tries to interfere ever so slightly with... He can't tell if they haven't noticed, or simply are too preoccupied... Isabella punching again, trying to rebuild momentum and delivering a punch, but it might already be too late... Especially given how with one more strike of her bat, Isabella is KO'd..! Now with a still... Rather angry looking Betty looming over her...

At least Izzy has descended into the area should she try something... And Jeremy, while not agile enough to jump down, releases Atom down there once again.

Dancer(36/20) +4 SPD, +3DEF/SDEF injured
Nate(27/22)
Kay(26/21) KO
Hogan(26/21) injured
Frost(25/20)
Ghos(24/15) KO
Izzy(21/16) 24/56
Drake(20/15) + SATK 52/78
Max(20/15) recalled
Crowley(20/15)
Maku(19/5) KO
Buzzkill(18/13) KO
Sylph(17/12) injured
Roselia(15) recalled
Pawniard(15) (on platform) very lightly injured, asleep
Dragonair(15) KO
Jeremy(15/10)
Isabella(15/10)KO
Nox(15/10)
Kirlia(11) KO
Loudred(10) injured, recalled
Musician(10) heavily injured
Drifblim(10) injured
Grin(10/5) recalled
Goomy(10) -2 satt KO
Mr. Suspicious(9/15) (on platform) KO
Magnemite(9) KO
Atom(9/4) injured -1 SPD
Betty(7) +2 ATT heavily injured
Pupitar(5) KO
Mawile(5) badly injured, paralyzed
Clauncher(4) KO
Lairon(4) KO
The collector(3/5) (on platform) KO
Bronzong(3) KO
Sunflora(3) recalled
honedge(3)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15093
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:37 pm

"I would think so! Okay, when I meet him I will tell him to get you better and more food and stop neglecting you. Oh! I forgot to ask you, what's yer name pretty spider lady?"

"Bye! Cya later *instert name here*!"

Haley heads back to the ventalation at the celing and throws the sticky rope to stick on the celing as she climbs up.

surv [5d6+2] = 25+2 = 27
Athletic [2d6] = 3
...She'll try multiple times to get up there.

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4506
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:04 pm

Bjorn uses the reflection to back up to where he thinks the pedestal should be in the room, attempting to have his reflection alongside the pedestal. He then reaches around for where the pedestal should be. If there is nothing there, he gives up for now and moves on.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11534
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:12 pm

Welp, let's see if Slippy can somehow last one more turn to do massive damage.

Flame burst: AC=18, Damage=38
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5441

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:47 pm

Koa freezes when Queen brazenly picks up the staff and it does something, before Queen drops it again?

"U-um... are you okay? What happened?"

Then the topic shifts towards what to do with Garnet.

"Sorry Jack, but this whole fiasco happened on our terrain... Besides, collateral with the red hand? Like any chance like that is gonna fly by any time soon!"

"Wha-... but she's not with the Red Hand. Garnet's with the Sons of Aether - completely separate group. They're like uhh... an underground religious group, and from what I've seen it looks like the Red Hand are a bunch of thugs that bully the Sons of Aether into giving 'em magic support. Jack didn't know about them either 'til I told him yesterday, probably 'cause they use that mind-wiping stuff all the time."

"Anyway you can't use her as collateral, 'cause the Red Hand aren't gonna care, yeah? Especially if Grimm's in control of this Angstrom guy. Besides, you've got those three," Koa says, gesturing to the tied up Commander and his two goons.

Eventually Koa will find an opportunity to discretely absorb the staff into his Storage ball, letting Jack and the others know he'll 'figure out a way to move it' before waiting for them to leave. Then he'll go along with Bruce and Irene to the academy(?) to get healing. And he'd like to hear more about Irene's side of the story, whenever she's able.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7364
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:49 am

Izzy winces again as Isabella goes down. Well, that was pretty much expected.

Too far away to get there in person, she nevertheless rushes as close as possible. With a flash of light she releases Fern next to Isabella and Betty, while simultaneously shouting out.

"Okay, it's over! You win! Now, do you want to help us beat up the people who tried to interrupt your fight, maybe?"

Charm: 16

If Betty doesn't listen, and moves to attack Isabella again, Fern intercepts the hit easily by bouncing up into the swinging bat. If she tries to attack Fern instead, then Fern hits back with a Metal Claw to the face. But if she does listen, then Fern instead attacks the closest foe (Honedge/Dancer?), bouncing towards them threateningly if they aren't in range.

Metal Claw (AC: 17, Damage: 39)
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Natrivv
Speaks in Numbers
Posts: 1337

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:36 pm

Considering the fact that this is way out of her comfort zone Irene doesn't say much, but she does manage to quip to Jack.

"If we through a really big karaoke party, do you think it could attract that guy by tonight?"

In the meantime she get's bandaged up, and when her pokemon are returned. She brings out Shock, and starts giving his fur extra attention. "Hey thank you for following my lead. That guy was way stronger then I thought he would be, I now you've had a rough start... your cooperation means a lot. To be honest, I've probably already seen more danger, then your first friend... but we are also fighting for the world in a literal sense. We're not alone though, we have each other and all of our friends... So let's go and light up our future with a spark of electricity ok?"

Also when she can find a place that can fit the frame, preferably a pool or some kind of water source. Irene will also give Ms. Cuddles a good scrubbing down.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6745

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Theis2 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:37 am

Drake moves over next to Jeremy. His pokemon stands ready to act should anyone try something still.

"So what was all this about?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11802

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:07 pm

Haley

"I would think so! Okay, when I meet him I will tell him to get you better and more food and stop neglecting you. Oh! I forgot to ask you, what's yer name pretty spider lady?"

"Hmm, hmm... Hilda, darling."

"Be seeing you then, hmm hmm..! Oh- Do take the idol, won't you darling..?"
the lady says, while climbing back upwards against the wall.

"Proper payment for proper action, hmm hmm..."

With that, Haley heads back- All the way to the vent she had first found. There she starts trying to throw it up, hoping to stick it to the ceiling, but... Well, it's sticky, but it's not THAT sticky- Enough to stick to her hand somewhat, but not outright "glue" itself to whatever is attached... At least not with enough force for her to put her weight on. Still, she's pretty survivable, so she can make do- It's not exactly a mountainous area, but with some luck and a couple throws, there might be some ledge, or a large bolt she can lasso around up in the vent... Taking a couple experimental throws before she seems to snag on something..! Now she just needs to climb up, which... She fails first time trying, hitting the ground with a mild thud... Eventually she manages though- Seems like a vent system stretches on ahead, bending off to the right...

Bjorn

Bjorn backs up to the point his reflection matches there where the pedestal "should" be... No guessing necessary, as he can just plainly look at his reflection in the mirror. Although, as he backs up to have his reflection arrive just in front of it, his real body walked through where it would be... His reflection, doesn't- It's leg hitting the pedestal, and letting out an "Ow!"..! Turning around to glare at the pedestal for a moment, before turning straight back towards the mirror... His reflection now staring at him. "Hey, watch it..!"

Alex

The Mightyena rushes forward, ready to put his fangs around the slugma and end it, and then... Misses. Jack seems as if he isn't really surprised

(lights remaining: 2)
Houndour(15) KO
Mightyena(14) injured
sandile(13/15) KO
Tyr(8/13) KO
Slippy(2) 15/77 poisoned
scraggy(0/5) KO

Izzy, Drake

It seems like the battle is drawing to a close... As the Dancer looks around at the targets all more than willing to help make her decision for her if she decides to not forfeit... Leaving the only wild card still on the table Betty- Who Izzy tries to placate...

"Okay, it's over! You win! Now, do you want to help us beat up the people who tried to interrupt your fight, maybe?"

Betty stares literal daggers of hate towards Izzy... If not meant for her, but Isabella... Though, there seems to be.. At least some manner of inner conflict in there, as she gets the impression she'd have lowered the bat even without her intervention... But not wanting to leave her "unpunished" either. A leg swings down seemingly intent on giving her one last kick as a parting gift.. Which Izzy intercepts, leaving Betty cursing as some of the spikes dig in while dealing 37(5) damage... Although the hit has an unexpected effect just as well- Her steel bracelets seeming to "react" to the sudden hit, bursting out with some kind of light that causes Fern to lose an additional 12 HP, as the bracelets continue to shine for just a moment longer...

"Stay out of this! This is between her and me- You think you're more metal than ME?!" she says, apparently angry with the interruption... But at least no longer directing her wrath to Isabella.

"So what was all this about?"

"I... Honestly, we don't really know. Isabella just walked up to that other girl and punched her, then they came here for a duel, and then this OTHER guy showed up to mess with the duel because he wanted his own revenge..? I... Think she might have killed someone..?"


Nate(27/22)
Hogan(26/21) injured
Frost(25/20)
Izzy(21/16) 24/56
Drake(20/15) + SATK 52/78
Crowley(20/15)
Sylph(17/12) injured
Jeremy(15/10)
Isabella(15/10)KO
Nox(15/10) bloodlusted
Atom(9/4) 4 momentum, injured -1 SPD
Betty(7) +2 ATT injured
► Show Spoiler
Irene, Koa, Bruce

"If we through a really big karaoke party, do you think it could attract that guy by tonight?"


"I... What? If you mean to talk about Othello, I don't think he's into karaoke... Mephisto meanwhile is in the city, and I could arrange a favor if it must be done... You will know him as the King rather than Mephisto I suppose, if at all. He's the leader of the Kingsmen... And probably the best magic expert in the city." Jack says, briefly turning to Koa.

"Since you seem intent on finding some way of transport... You're apt enough for me to trust you with it. Let me know if you intend to have him try and look at it."

"U-um... are you okay? What happened?"

"It like, kinda zapped me..? I'm fine." the Queen shrugs. "Just a little sting."

"Wha-... but she's not with the Red Hand. Garnet's with the Sons of Aether - completely separate group. They're like uhh... an underground religious group, and from what I've seen it looks like the Red Hand are a bunch of thugs that bully the Sons of Aether into giving 'em magic support. Jack didn't know about them either 'til I told him yesterday, probably 'cause they use that mind-wiping stuff all the time."

"Anyway you can't use her as collateral, 'cause the Red Hand aren't gonna care, yeah? Especially if Grimm's in control of this Angstrom guy. Besides, you've got those three,"


"Hmm... Fine kid, but I still think there's some value to be had in her... But I can do with the other grunts, at least- The guy with the bloodied hand on his mask is an admin, yeah..? Fella gotta know something."

"H-Hey, what if... You just let me go, and I can... I can help, right? He's planning something..? I could try and message you if I find out anything..!" the girl suddenly intervenes, although Koa's "bullshit" senses do tingle... It sounds like a nice promise she could use to escape... Though, it also seems like it might be something she could be actually convinced off- Given she had some proper collateral, got convinced, or perhaps just intimidated...

"...Regardless, none of that matters, because they are all coming with me." Jack states, boldly... The queen seeming to chuckle, a big wide grin spreading over her lips- Her voice almost sounding flirty as she lets out her reply...

"Oh, Jacckieeee... It's been a while since we've had a spar- You really think you can take me without help..?"

"It's about more than just this, Dolores. I believe they've been kidnapping children, of all things, from the academy... Their lives are on the line- You can have your collateral AFTER I've gotten the chance to interview them."

The woman pauses, biting down on her lower lip as if in consideration... Luckily, it appears something else made the decision for her- The sound of a phone suddenly ringing, as the Queen quickly grabbed her own cellphone from her pocket, addressing only with a "Wassup?", a moment of silence... And then lots of cursing.

"God damn fucking busiest day of the year." she finally stops the train of expletives as the phone is put down. "Just take em I guess, I've got somewhere else to be- Take this for the trouble kids, don't let it be said we don't appreciate it." the Queen says, taking out what seems to be a small wrapped up bundle of cash, which would count out to be worth 1500-Tossing it to the floor, before doing a turn and pointing straight at the store owners. "And you- Contact us later. We'll figure something out for the store."

"Now- Let's go."
the Queen says with little explanation for what was actually happening... And leaving the trainers to deal with their own issues.

Which, for now, was to head to the academy... They're met with a set of big, heavy wooden doors, but they are easily parted, as it seemed they were already expected... Given how the guy knows to immediately send them off to a wing at the side- There, there seems to be a little, if very improvised hospital, with only just enough healing machines for the trainers to actually offer them to be healed... And although they're assured they'd be fine, given the number of patients inside, and most of them seeming to come from one of two gangs... They might just have at least one person wait until it's done.

There's a bit of a waiting room, a good fifteen people seeming to be waiting for what appear to be only two to three nurses... Though with most seeming to have minor issues, and given Irene's state, they're given a bit of priority- The three offered to come inside, where Irene would first be treated... The woman treating them seeming to be an elderly lady, probably too old to really still be working this kind of field... Though her eyes somehow still appear young, if aged.

"Gotten the notice about what happened..? Some red hand tussle? Dear, what did they do to you..? They've beaten you to within an inch of your life..." she shakes her head, moving to begin applying some gauze, seeming to spare a look behind her towards the less injured Koa and Bruce as well.

"You two also seem to have gotten a couple nasty hits... Your wounds seem older, however..?" she asks- vaguely gesturing towards koa.

Roll perception or intuition.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15093
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:15 pm

"Awww thank you!~" Haley takes the spider idol.


She grins as she goes through the vents, happy that she was able to get up here. It's so exciting! She turns right to see what is going on. Mayber there is another hidden...

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11534
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:06 pm

Well... Another round, then.

Flame Burst: AC = 6, Damage = 34

I get that most of my pokemon are overlevelled for this, but this luck has just been insane. I should've taken the level 30 challenge at this rate. >.>
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7364
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:54 am

Izzy just shrugs as Betty kicks Fern. Hey, she tried.

Pulling up her Blaster, the Ice Drive hums softly as she aims it directly at Betty.

"I already took out those jerks who attacked you. If you want to beat up someone unconscious, they're up there. But Isabella is off-limits. Whatever argument you had with her is over."

"You. Won."


If Betty still isn't giving up, Izzy unleashes a barrage of icicles at the other girl. Then backs up behind Atom, just in case Betty tries to charge her or something. While Fern is pretty pissed at being hit, and bounces up right into Betty's unprotected face.

Icicle Spear (AC: 8, Hits: 5[3], Damage: 28)

Metal Claw (AC: 17, Damage: 39)
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5441

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:46 am

Koa gives a little sigh of relief as Jack steps in to take care of everything. At least that's done with.

Eventually (after absorbing the staff discretely into his Storage Ball), Koa makes it to the academy with the others.

"You two also seem to have gotten a couple nasty hits... Your wounds seem older, however..?"

"Ah heh, yeah," Koa says without elaborating. "I haven't had the chance to rest up yet, just little bits here and there. And then ya get jumped like that and... well, what're ya gonna do?" Koa smirks and shrugs.

Meanwhile, Koa gets a mysterious sense that he should be intuiting something. Who knows why?
Intuition in Academy?: 5d6+6 = [6, 6, 5, 5, 1] = 29
(I'll add +2 to that for 31)

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6745

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Theis2 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:31 am

Drake will look dumbfounded at Jeremy not sure how to react.

"When.. How?..
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Natrivv
Speaks in Numbers
Posts: 1337

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:16 pm

"Gotten the notice about what happened..? Some red hand tussle? Dear, what did they do to you..? They've beaten you to within an inch of your life..."

"Ah well... I can be fairly stubborn about sticking to my principals... and the other people wanted me to just give up. Turns out there were a bit stronger force wise then I was expecting... just glad I was able to get out conscious."

Between fighting to stay as steady and possible, and thinking about Grimm, Irene just blathers on unaware of anything happening basically
irene intuition check [2d6] = 5

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6892

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:31 am

Bruce intuits nothing, more focused on getting his pokemon healed.

Intuition=4
► Show Spoiler
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

Post Reply