PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 17389
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:09 pm

”Ummm what? Stop gaslighting, we don’t know all the facts and if you give no examples then I guess you ain’t tellin tha truth. And I am not sure how you causing choas in the city and blowing stuff up and have hostages that you will kill at a moment’s notice means that you are telling the truth.”

Haley Shakes her head ”your plan is horrible and won’t work at all. More likely he will try to kill your ass for trying to take control of mew in the first place, honestly I don’t blame him. And you are lucky if that is the only thing he would do to you.

No I do not understand. Why should we trust you that you will keep them safe? Anyways, the blood is on your hands not ours if you decide to do that. And if you do, I will ensure that you will be punished for it.”



Haley starts to follow Grimm and communicates with the group.

Grimm has hostages, and is willing to kill them if we tell the red hand. And probably willing to kill them if anything does not go according to plan.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7960
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:14 pm

"...we'll play along. For now. But Haley's right - you'd better not touch those hostages. Even if Magnus doesn't like what you've got to say."

~Grimm wants to talk, and he's got hostages. So don't attack on sight. But be ready.~


Thinking on it, Izzy voices another idea to the group.

~Anybody know where these hostages are? We might be able to stop this before it gets too crazy.~

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7187

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:44 pm

Bruce was just seconds away from jumping down after Irene before hearing Grimm's suggestion that any more backup stay away. He refrains from jumping down right away, but does stick his head out the opening to give himself the best view possible, and gets ready to jump in a heartbeat if any violence breaks out.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1512

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:16 pm

"Soo, you just want to leave us alone for a while leaving us free reign to explore the temple, and possibly free it from prophecy overload? Works for me, I'm sure the temple's heart won't mind being trapped once it's released."

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13647

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:57 am

Haley, Izzy, Irene, Bruce

”Ummm what? Stop gaslighting, we don’t know all the facts and if you give no examples then I guess you ain’t tellin tha truth. And I am not sure how you causing choas in the city and blowing stuff up and have hostages that you will kill at a moment’s notice means that you are telling the truth.”

Grimm seems to let out an annoyed groan, glaring as he let's out his reply. "What are you even talking about? What other inane questions do you have left?! I've no time for this- I've not gained the title of Lorekeeper to be schooled by a bunch of children who believe they know better. Not to mention I've already told you about the bombs, they were meant to be a distraction, and the major ones were rigged to never blow! There is a difference between gaslighting, and you failing to understand."

”your plan is horrible and won’t work at all. More likely he will try to kill your ass for trying to take control of mew in the first place, honestly I don’t blame him. And you are lucky if that is the only thing he would do to you."

"You sound as if you know him. Rest assured I'm prepared for that possibility. By the sound of it, I do believe you shouldn't care if that is what ends up happening..?"

"No I do not understand. Why should we trust you that you will keep them safe? Anyways, the blood is on your hands not ours if you decide to do that. And if you do, I will ensure that you will be punished for it.”

"Nothing I can say or do at this point will be convincing you to trust me, that seems quite clear. At least nothing I've the time for. I can only make a promise: if you do not interfere, none of the hostages should end up harmed. And even if you did, it would not be by me directly, but the Red Hand members themselves lashing out. Do you understand that?"

"...we'll play along. For now. But Haley's right - you'd better not touch those hostages. Even if Magnus doesn't like what you've got to say."

"I'd very much prefer not to. But if that is going to happen, take control of your child!" Grimm calls out, pointing an accusatory finger at Haley, who is stepping closer to follow Grimm.

"One step more, and I will be resolving this issue through another method than mere words. Make no mistake- I do want to trust you. And we can discuss and debate all through the night once all is said and done, but right now there. Is. No. Time. I deal in matters more important than just a couple human lives - Should it come to that point."

"Soo, you just want to leave us alone for a while leaving us free reign to explore the temple, and possibly free it from prophecy overload? Works for me, I'm sure the temple's heart won't mind being trapped once it's released."

"Do whatever you wish, as long as you stay up here and do not interfere. But you may not know me well yet, so allow me to say: as a Lorekeeper, I always have a plan. If you continue to insist on meddling, you shall be dealt with."

"Make no mistake. I want to do this the nice way, for the benefit of a future alliance. But it is also simply more convenient than the alternative."

"Now, time is up. I'm leaving. You know the conditions - Do the right thing."
Grimm states, matter of factly, as he turns toward the exit. Apparently he figures he's made his case more than clear enough, as he spares no more words...

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 17389
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:25 pm

"You said that we should believe you with facts. When I asked what facts you said we already should know. But obviously if I asked that question I didn't know what the void you were talking about. Besides you haven't really said anythin' ta make us trust you asides from you sayin 'trust me!'"

"If you make the command it is as if you did it. You would be no worse than hirin a hitman. So don't fuckin' lie to me."


Haley gives Grimm a grin. "Hah! Ah you think you are intimidating?! Please, I've seen the slaver tear reality like butter. You don't scare me. Besides, some of us know how to piss it off."


Haley follows Grimm with a ready action to do something if he tries to harm her.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7960
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:15 am

Before things can spiral out of control, Izzy calls out after Grimm.

"Waitwaitwait!"

"Look...she's kinda got a point. We don't have any reason to trust that you aren't going to harm those hostages. So, how about you just let a couple of us stay close and watch what happens when you talk to Magnus. If things go like you say, and he agrees to your "alliance", you won't have to worry about us at all. And as a bonus, you get to keep an eye on us. Make absolutely sure we don't screw anything up - accidentally or purposefully."

"And besides, we've already got some friends downstairs with him. So you'll have to deal with us "children" either way."


Charm: 6d6+1 = [6, 5, 5, 2, 2, 1] = 22

~Please don't do anything, Haley. If he really wants to just talk, I say we let him talk. Or at least wait until the others are here before you piss him off!~

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 17389
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:25 pm

<Don’t worry. I got something to calm him down a bit.>

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13647

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:36 pm

Haley, Izzy, (Irene), (Bruce)

"You said that we should believe you with facts. When I asked what facts you said we already should know. But obviously if I asked that question I didn't know what the void you were talking about. Besides you haven't really said anythin' ta make us trust you asides from you sayin 'trust me!'"

"If you make the command it is as if you did it. You would be no worse than hirin a hitman. So don't fuckin' lie to me."


Asides an audible groan from Grimm, it appears he gives no further reply- Either figuring his case had been made more than clear, or simply no longer desiring to answer Haley- He does seem to pause ever so briefly when Izzy speaks up however, trying to come to some form of compromise.

"Waitwaitwait!"

"Look...she's kinda got a point. We don't have any reason to trust that you aren't going to harm those hostages. So, how about you just let a couple of us stay close and watch what happens when you talk to Magnus. If things go like you say, and he agrees to your "alliance", you won't have to worry about us at all. And as a bonus, you get to keep an eye on us. Make absolutely sure we don't screw anything up - accidentally or purposefully."

"And besides, we've already got some friends downstairs with him. So you'll have to deal with us "children" either way."


Grimm seems to consider the proposal seriously for a moment... Before attention goes to Haley, who is still trying to approach- Right before she suddenly finds herself halted, almost tripping... Quickly looking down to see something had grabbed a hold of her leg- Her own shadow?! As she watched, the true culprit showed itself, a gengar climbing out of her shadow... Just in time for a gastly to appear as well, it's eyes turning into a hypnotic swirl as Haley falls asleep on the ground.

Perhaps it had been a bit optimistic to expect someone who controls an army of ghosts to meet you all "alone".

"...I've already got my eyes on you." Grimm states, any chance of him seeming to have taken the deal now shot - "Besides, you can talk with your friends, can you not? Do it that way." Grimm states, continuing to leave, the gengar and gastly remaining visible - but appearing only focused on Haley.
► Show Spoiler
Koa, Alex, Bjorn

The others meanwhile, finally seem to be reaching near the top... At least, they hope the "open" part of the tower coming to an end and turning into a ceiling means that, who knows how many floors might be hidden beyond it- Lucky for them, Magnus does confirm the suspicions.

"Next floor is one of the main halls. I bet that's where Grimm will be expecting us. Plenty of space for whatever scheme he has, and one floor away from the antechamber where I might be able to fix the tower."

"If you insist on helping, be ready... Don't get in my way."

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 17389
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:03 pm

Haley had a readied action when Grimm does something. She is going to use her ranger tool on Grimm.

survival [6d6+2] = 27+2 = 29

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6051

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:57 am

"If you insist on helping, be ready... Don't get in my way."

"Yeah. And from the sound of it, he's ready for you," Koa says, lowing his hand off an imaginary earpiece, something to explain the mental updates he's been getting. "Grimm didn't want Mew at all, he wanted to draw you out with that attack. He's probably prepared for you, specifically, yeah?"

"He won't know what to expect from us, though. We got your back," Koa affirms with a confident grin, as he continues onward and upwards!

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13444
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:27 am

"Considering it took my goading to get you off your ass in the first place? Don't count me out. Besides, we'll be important for you to recognise whether Grimm has ill intent or just couldn't risk having you ignore his call, considering your ability to handle people."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1512

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:54 am

Just do what I think is right, right? I'm trying... Shaking her head Irene, smiles at Grimm. "All righty then you go on ahead, and I'll just scamper elsewhere, but first a break."

Irene sits down, and focuses on the mental connection. Hey, can someone get me in contact with Luna? The temple heart, er mind has been forced into a kind of prophecy overload state. So it's basically defenseless and non functional. I think the temple might be able to give us context of where ghosts have hidden themselves.

So does Luna have any ideas on how to free the temple?

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7960
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Izzy mentally sighs as Haley is put to sleep. She quickly releases Zeke over the unconscious girl's body, and swings her guitar into a defensive position.

"Okay okay, we get it! Now get off her!"

If the ghosts back away, Izzy approaches and gently shakes Haley awake.

~So that didn't work. We'll need to take out these ghosts if we want to go after him, so don't do anything until we're all ready.~

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13647

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:00 pm

Izzy, Irene, Haley, (Bruce)

Haley, prepared for... Something, quickly does spin her tool on the gengar grabbing a hold of her leg first- Seeming to have a noticable, calming effect... Though not enough to prevent her from temporarily being put to sleep. As Grimm absconds, Irene takes a "break", while Izzy releases her zubat, moving forward:

"Okay okay, we get it! Now get off her!"

Judging by the Gastly's response, letting Haley away from under watch seems like it wasn't an option, or at least not the course of action... But the Gengar, calmed ever so slightly, simply shrugs- Seeming okay to let go of her leg, at least, long as there's no funny business, allowing Izzy to wake up Haley- Perhaps slightly to the chagrin of the gastly, who isn't acting out on his own.

What IS being acted on, however, is the newly released zubat- Another ghost appearing, this time a dusclops, as it flings a spell of spectral energy at the released pokemon- The will o wisp burning it! It half turns to Izzy, wagging it's fingers, clearly intending to make a message...

As Izzy too gives warning to the others, Irene meanwhile is considering a more direct approach- Talking with Luna, to see if she has any experience with this kind of thing.

~Prophecy... Overload? I've no idea, honestly- My temple doesn't have anything like that! Far as I know... I've only learned a couple things about it, really. A couple rituals, special instructions- Mostly I could just tell them to do something, occasionally I had to use my staff... I'm not sure!~

(Only one round has passed so far, so waiting to confirm if you're waiting to see what happens, or doing anything.)

User avatar
Natrivv
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1512

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Natrivv » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:13 pm

~Wait, you could tell them to do something... could I try just telling them to stop? How did you direct them to do something?~

"Hey, so quick question. Do you mind if I go back up in the ceiling?"

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 17389
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:15 pm

"Understood. I'll find other ways to deal this."Haley rolls her eyes at the Dusclops and uses sunlight within on Willow before letting her out. She feeds Willow a Figy Berry and gives the Dusclops a glare.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7960
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:49 am

Izzy whirls on the Dusclops, shouting indignantly.

"Hey! Stop that! I already said we get it."

She calls Zeke back over to where Irene is camped out, checking over his burns.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4753
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:30 am

"Hey man, we're making it a habit of getting in over our heads and battling our way out. Pretty sure we saved your butt last time. Don't get in OUR way!"
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7187

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:47 pm

Bruce is, for once, paralyzed by indecision. With Jeremy and Isabel staying hidden, and Grimm's threat of retaliation, and actually following it up with his hidden ghosts, it seems like now might not be the best time to act.

Hey, you guys want me to jump down? I could also try to send Shadow down invisible, but if Grimm really is a weird ghost master thing... I don't think that would be a good idea.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13647

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:11 pm

Izzy, Irene, Haley, Bruce

~Wait, you could tell them to do something... could I try just telling them to stop? How did you direct them to do something?~

~Well, if they are as you say they are, I'm not sure if just ASKING them to stop is going to work. Even then is the fact that you're probably not authorized, as in a designated user... The only way I could get someone to usher commands back in my temple without some kind of appointment ritual beforehand was if I gave them my staff, but that was only for emergencies...~ Luna quickly fires back, as Irene asks a sudden odd question- Whether or not she can go back in the vents they came from. The couple ghosts that are there seem rather... Confused by the question, but seems they weren't told that was something they couldn't do..? Assuming she can somehow get up there, at least.

Up in the vents, Bruce asks if he should jump down and join them, Jeremy and Isabelle ready to join him should he do so, while Izzy checks over Zeke's burn, after the apparent "warning" shot. A warning shot which Haley ignores as she sends out her own pokemon, glaring at the pokemon in question.

Which naturally, just causes more of them to reveal themselves- And this time around, it's more than simple status effects. As a chandelure reveals itself, together with two litwicks... Bathing the newly released Willow in fire. Or try to, at least- The chandelure's attack missing, leaving only the Litwicks 32(25) and 27(18) attack to hit, one of them trapping Willow in a vortex! Judging by the ghosts however, while it doesn't seem that they're intent on attacking anyone else just yet, Willow's release won't stand...

Zeke(22) burned
Gengar(20)
Irene(19)
Chandelure(16)
Izzy(16)
Haley(11)
Gastly(10)
Isabella(10) (in vent)
Jeremy(10) (in vent)
Bruce(6) (in vent)
2 Litwick(4)
Willow(4) 19/62 sunlight within, vortex(20)
Dusclops(3)
► Show Spoiler
Koa, Alex, Bjorn

"Yeah. And from the sound of it, he's ready for you. Grimm didn't want Mew at all, he wanted to draw you out with that attack. He's probably prepared for you, specifically, yeah?"

"...Probably, yeah. I think he's biting off more than he can chew, however."

"He won't know what to expect from us, though. We got your back."

For a moment the man seems to pause, as if his stoic self was not going to respond, already continuing to make headway further up the staircase... Before a brief two words come out: "Thank you."

"Considering it took my goading to get you off your ass in the first place? Don't count me out. Besides, we'll be important for you to recognise whether Grimm has ill intent or just couldn't risk having you ignore his call, considering your ability to handle people."

"I think you're putting more credit to yourself than you actually did."

"Hey man, we're making it a habit of getting in over our heads and battling our way out. Pretty sure we saved your butt last time. Don't get in OUR way!"

"I would have been far more effective had I not needed to worry about killing a bunch of kids in collateral damage." is all he states plainly, as they continue further up the staircase. It was not before long that the staircase seems to lead directly into a larger room... Where it quickly became clear that they were expected.

The room was large and circular, though with several alcoves in the wall- A large symbol seeming to be painted over the ground, matching the entirety of the floor in... Is that blood?!

Two guns were pointed at them almost immediately, two grunts a decent distance from the actual entrance, but close enough... Seemingly each a buffer between two more groups bunkering up in what seems to be several alcoves on the edge of the room, most of them quickly aiming their guns as well. One of those leader types in each, together with three more grunts. In both of those groups however, one of the grunts held no gun aimed, but a knife... At the neck of a gagged, younger person, their eyes seeming to dart over to the group entering in a panic. Magnus fist seems to tighten for a moment as he notices that himself... One of those groups stands in front of what seems to be a massive mirror, while the other stands in front of a staircase leading up.

Matthias also seemed to have gotten here before them, seeming almost... Giddy, to watch whatever was going to unfold, visibly shaking. Next to him, a woman, who bears some resemblance to a girl they all know well, seeming almost... Cold.

Further in the room finally, behind two more grunts, seemed to be the man they were looking after... "Angstrom". Or Grimm, as they might know for truth, as he immediately calls out upon the group.

"Ah, ya folks finally arriving to our little party eh? How about you stay right there before we have any unfortunate accidents?" Angstrom chuckles, though it becomes clear it's nothing more than an act as his psychic voice follows, almost in tandem with his words.

~We can talk this out with no rash actions. Try not to break the facade if you don't want to risk those men getting trigger happy.~ he speaks, seeming to clearly be talking about the two groups that were keeping the two hostages... Though Magnus didn't seem like he cared, already stepping forward.

"Hoho, feisty aren't we? Can't give a rat's arse bout your own students, eh? Well even if ya'd just LOVE to do the deed yourself, maybe you should look at the floor before ya take another step!"

This, finally, seems to make Magnus pause- Whatever he comes to realize, is enough to make him at least not immediately go for the offense.

"...You're mad."

(I'll take a perception roll from everyone too.)
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 17389
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:15 pm

You do realize ghosts cannot be trapped, yes? And can willow do anything after that attack since she is slower?

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13647

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:25 pm

Sorry my bad on the vortex. Willow can still act yes.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 17389
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:41 pm

”Willow, your safety comes first, but try to find hostages and save them.”
Okay. Her turn is to phase, eat her treat (which harvest makes it come back) and go through the floor.

Also are we still doing 2x for super effective or 1.5?
Last edited by Arch Lich Burns on Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 13444
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:21 pm

Alex takes in their surroundings, then focuses on the man speaking to them, or rather on his aura, watching it for signs of malice.

((I'm honestly not even going to bother rolling Alex's perception, we know that he fails by default.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Post Reply