PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Synch
Game Master
Posts: 4727
Location: New Zealand

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Synch » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:46 pm

Bjorn clenches his fists too as he looks at the hostages, his fists subconsciously encasing in ice. He uses Grimm's posturing as a chance to look around the room.

Bjorn Perception Check: 5D6 = [6, 2, 6, 5, 3] = 22
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12983
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:02 am

My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6009

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:59 am

Perception in hostage room: 2d6 = [1, 1] = 2

Koa's way too preoccupied with the current crisis to pay attention to his surroundings! If only he could deal with those guys holding the hostages... but how?

What he does see, though, is what Magnus looks down at: the blood-red symbol on the floor.

"What's wrong? What's that do...? Blow up or something?" He asks Magnus (or Drake if he's still here?).

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7928
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:16 am

Izzy facepalms as more ghosts appear.

"Arceus dammit, fine! But I want you all to remember that you started this!"

She whistles for Zeke to move in, targetting the Chandlure with a Bite. But in his overeagerness he ends up just whizzing past harmlessly.

Bite (AC: 1, Damage: 40)
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 7161

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SamWiser » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:28 pm

Seeing the diplomacy tactic fail and they are being attacked by more and more ghosts, Bruce finally jumps in. Shaking off the fall, he releases his newly caught Crobat (which I definitely probably named already, and will look that up shortly).

Go for a bite, straight for the Gengar!

Acc=9
Power=34
(39 if Crobat moves before the Gengar this turn)
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13292

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Dec 07, 2019 5:12 pm

Koa, Alex, Bjorn

Most of the trainers simply study in silence as they enter the room, behind them Luna gasping as she sees the two hostages. But it does prove that these two being on guard would pay off, as Bjorn scans the entire situation with an expert eye. One of the things he picks up is that the group to their right seems a bit more nervous, their leader occasionally glancing up the stair that was behind them- From behind which now the occasional sound seems to come. Did a fight break out up there..? Far more subtle, but still there, is that the two grunts keeping a hold of the hostages seem... Off. Acting ever so slightly odd, seeming to have to the occasional subtle jerk... Though the reason why might not be immediately obvious.

Except maybe for Alex who, despite not being nearly as perceptive as Bjorn, is perceptive enough to watch with the advantage of his aura vision. And looking at Grimm, he sees three aura's, overlapping- Though to be fair, one seems centered largely around the ruby inlaid amulet on his torso, seemingly "shielding" him. The other two... One is very, very dark. Blood red, four large swords sticking in his back, some ethereal hands floating around grasping some more of these blades. The other aura is more grey and dull, like letters and scriptures slowly circling around, occasionally seeming to spell words. This aura not immediately hostile, but most definitely on guard.

But it is with this observation he also comes to realize the reason those two grunts are acting so odd, even if he can't tell that himself- There, a mix of... Hell, four auras there- One darker than the others, though not nearly to the extent that supposedly Angstrom, is.

He also takes a quick note of Matthias and this one lady's aura whilst he's at it, because why not? Matthias' aura seems like a stream of light, purplish bubbles. Suddenly manifesting, growing, shining brightly, before popping just as quickly as it appeared. Occasionally, a pitch black bubble seems to appear- But those pop quickly...

The woman he's with however seems... Surprisingly dark-tinted. Dark-blue nails seem to penetrate her hands, legs, and skull, all tied to strings, reaching upward before disappearing into thin air...

The one person meanwhile to not be paying any attention, is the one to speak.

"What's wrong? What's that do...? Blow up or something?"

"Hah! I've no interest in blowing myself up, stupid kid."

~Not meant. Again, keeping up the act.~

"But it's amazing what you can all find in neat little books like these!" he continues, raising the tome. "Almost makes me reconsider how dumb reading is."

"I wish I could read..."

"Shut up Pit." "Angstrom" snaps at the grunt, before continuing.

"Take another step forward, and those pretty throats will get cut. That death will finish this little ritual, and activate the circle..."

"Tear open a hole straight to the void."


~I do not need to tell you that not only will YOU be powerless when that happens Magnus, this temple shall be disrupted for weeks, at least.~

"But much as my usual methods of operations is to just gun you down now then figure it out later, dead men tell no tales. So how about we just work together and then we can both fuck off our separate ways?"

~You can not keep running away from your responsibilities, Magnus. But arguing about that is going to be a futile effort. However, if YOU are not willing to do it... Allow ME to.~

~I require the psychic artifact. Show me where it is hidden.~

► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12983
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:14 pm

Alex sends out an aura message to his companions, frowning slightly but not moving otherwise, Needless to say, this Angstrom guy's possessed, but that possession is making it hard to read the auras; I can tell one of them really hates us, probably wants us dead, but I don't know whose aura it is. If you know Grim's aura, Magnus, then the one who has an immense amount of hostility has an aura like swords stuck in his back, hands holding them. The two holding the hostages are also possessed, seem to be unhappy about that. That woman's also got quite a hostile aura.

There's also something weird about that amulet around Angstrom's neck. It's got an aura of its own. Magic, maybe? It feels like a shield.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 6009

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by SuperVaderMan » Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:36 pm

Koa's brow starts to furrow as words race through the air and through his head, as he tries to keep track of it all.

As Grimm/Angstrom says something about opening a portal to the void, a chill goes through Koa. He's not sure why, though... did it have something to do with the Overseer? That's not where it's from is it? It didn't seem like much of a void when Koa went there, at least...? Still, it's probably not a good place to open a portal to.

"OK... what do ya want?" Koa says, trying his best to keep the facade up. He's gotta try to talk to Grimm through Angstrom, right? So no mentioning whatever Grimm's mind-speaking about, including the psychic box. "Why even do all this? You've got some kind-of end goal, yeah?"

~Maybe we calm things down, yeah?~ Koa sends to the other trainers in clipped hivemind-speak. ~We came to stop Grimm, right? But if he does nothing else bad, we have nothing to stop.~

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7928
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: PTU: Trinity Isles (Day 7)

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:50 pm

Izzy is going to hang back near the entrance (2 spaces left, 1 down), casting Bane on the Dusclops through her guitar.

Bane (AC: 9, Damage: 30)
[Effect - Target loses a Tick of Hp at the start of their next 3 turns and has -2 on Save Checks]

Post Reply