GAL 8: CRUT OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: GAL 8: CRUT OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:59 pm

Ah, thanks. Nik did say All was trying to close it as soon as possible, so I've altered the Battlemap and update text to clarify that she is running PAST Mines now, ring is closed, but doesn't seem to have affected the thralls behavior.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:58 pm

Is reloading my crossbow an action that would prevent me from attacking again?
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:08 pm

Reload would be minor, attack would be major/end of turn. So next turn you may reload and fire since nothing on your crossbow stats say otherwise. (Eg, cooldown, etc.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:18 pm

Ok thanks. I assume reload, holster/drop crossbow, draw daggers is a major action in total?

(Sorry, I know you've explained this before, I'm just a bit tired today and don't have the time to scroll back through the game thread to find it. :bloodshot: )
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:49 pm

Reloading and dropping? I'd say reloading would be a minor, dropping and drawing would be a minor, and attacking would be a major... Which would mean you can't move, and could only attack those that were in adjacent distance. Though drop/holster, draw and attack would allow for move, and reload and attack would fit as minor/major the following turn.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 04, 2015 12:40 pm

@nerre, yes, Rem is the bright green, the closest to her posting color.

Presumably if she and All are crossing paths, one will go high, and the other low... ;)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Nerre
Game Master

Post by Nerre » Mon May 04, 2015 12:46 pm

I hope so. Remedy would try to go over All's cable.
:zzz:

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon May 04, 2015 1:33 pm

Yeah, hopefully they won't crash into one another - ideally one could be a little further away than the other (All will be closer than Remedy during the pass-through if necessary since she has better DEF) as well as hi/lo to further mitigate the crashing/tangling potential.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon May 04, 2015 2:46 pm

For those who didn't see my notice in SCH, I'm going to need to reduce my forum time as I work on school stuff.

SCH has an indefinite overall time table, whole GAL was intended to be a short quest. GAL updates also have way less GM work and are easier to do, generally speaking. As such, I'll keep this one going, in hopes of completing it on a reasonable time table for you guys to get your characters back for other quests.

I hope to stay on a similar timetable to what we've been on, so keep paying and I'll update as I have time and paste from everyone. There may be times I'm particularly busy though, and if I know that will be the case, I'll try to give you a heads up.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 07, 2015 10:12 pm

Just as a heads up/reminder, Mines is has the sole bag of filings, of which there are 3 uses remaining, so if anyone else wishes to use it, they'll need to move to his location first. Since his offhand is full of shield/mosquito grass, we can just assume he pulled it out and placed it on the ground after pulling out the first handful that conked the dwarf.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu May 07, 2015 10:15 pm

Oh, crumb. I thought we had more than that. Guess I thought the bag would be bigger. Not sure what to do now. That's not enough to handle the present group, and who knows what's down the road?
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 08, 2015 10:11 am

nikohl wrote:"Steals, that isn't doing anything and it's loud and annoying!" shouts All.

His distracting does decrease the % chance that they will escape, but each additional loop decreases it as well. :shrug: The goblin that slipped out essentially hit a crit on his escape attempt.
nikohl wrote:(I'm not sure whether this counts as "attacking" as she's not shooting or trying to damage, just trying to sort of inject them with iron - hence queuing up some conditional actions for her to do until she runs out of time. If it's an attack, that's OK and also makes sense - therefore loose goblin first, end her turn, and handful of arrows is available for other PCs to potentially grab if they get the idea and want to participate.)

I'd rule it as an attack, as you're seeking to damage them... however, stabbing with the spears will only add a +1 ATT rather than the +2 you'd get from shooting them from your bow.
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Fri May 08, 2015 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Fri May 08, 2015 10:52 am

If she thinks it's enough to get through the skin, she'll still do it.

As for the "loud and annoying" - All doesn't see it having any effect (even though it does), so she's saying it. OOC I know it's probably helping keep them all distracted though.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 08, 2015 11:54 am

nikohl wrote:As for the "loud and annoying" - All doesn't see it having any effect (even though it does), so she's saying it. OOC I know it's probably helping keep them all distracted though.
Yup, I couldn't remember if I'd mentioned anything OOC though, and didn't want Theis to feel like he'd been wasting his efforts.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 08, 2015 3:38 pm

Realized I didn't change it in the inventory, but Mines is currently wielding his staff, and not his shield, so his attack and def stats are different from posted.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Wed May 13, 2015 3:15 am

I'm pretty sure I've killed two thralls now, I think they are actually dead. But Leaves views them as zombies with no souls left as opposed to possessed, so he has no problem with dispatching them if they attack him or anyone else, given pressing his blades to them and trying to steer them didn't work.
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed May 13, 2015 3:32 am

Yeah, All doesn't mind that he's had to kill them. Her plan was to try to wake them up simply because the group were outnumbered and it seemed nicer than just stabbing them all in the eye, but she's not going to cry over the fact that they couldn't all be saved in a survival situation when they were attacking. Hopefully they do actually snap out of it at the end of the quest though, that'd be nice.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed May 13, 2015 4:29 am

Leaves killed the goblin and stabbed a dwarf (whose still plenty alive), Costa killed the human. Mines rendered one inoperable with a face full of filings.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu May 21, 2015 9:27 am

WearsHats wrote:(Delay action to see which of them still needs to be clobbered.)
I'm reading this as Mines letting the others whup thralls and will lend his fist if any are still standing?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu May 21, 2015 9:51 am

Yeah. That's what I meant. Thanks.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 22, 2015 12:15 pm

I've got actions for all but Asks... probably will look to update this evening.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun May 24, 2015 5:14 pm

nikohl wrote:Leaves is one of our front liners and he's on less than half thanks to Creepy Magic Elf.
He's a front liner in attitude, if not in equipment. :D That DEF: 1 is a bit of a hindrance.

Unlike halflings, elves aren't assholes by nature. :lol:
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon May 25, 2015 1:21 am

Yeah, he should invest in some armour at an early juncture o_o

Synch
Game Master

Post by Synch » Mon May 25, 2015 4:23 am

nikohl wrote:Yeah, he should invest in some armour at an early juncture o_o
Armour? Thats not very roguish!
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon May 25, 2015 4:47 am

What? Rogues totally have armour. Leather armour! Or, you know... Padded boot-blacked mithril or something! If you're getting close enough to shank something in the kidneys, you need some protection for when it turns around and shanks you right back. :3