Post by askstoomuch » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:44 am

seeing as paul is the cleric

since I am fumbles should I just be 1/7 of evreything :p
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2020 - Come have a drink

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: Potential: Sign-ups Open

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:45 am

Well, you don't have to be any one thing... We can all be dabblers in any class, profession, etc.

You can put your blood letting skills to use and become a vampire...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:35 am

Nikohl is awesome :D
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:02 am

(To clarify, Lin was first to receive a preliminary draft of her character. I'm working on everybody's :D)

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:08 am

I wasn't sure if I should share that yet or not. I'm stoked! Love the character! haha

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:56 am

Mine is pretty cool, too! 8)
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:22 am

Hmm...I have an idea Nichol but want to discuss it with you because it sort of does not follow your ideas...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

askstoomuch
Fumbles More Than Fumbles

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:28 am

let mework on mine some more then

Jibjib
Game Master

Post by Jibjib » Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:30 am

Wonderful :P

Name: Joe

Early twenties, slightly tubby with short brown hair and a glorious auburn beard. Recently bespectacled. A zoology student who moonlights as a light opera singer and stage technician. Keen entomologist who owns a wide variety of hexapod pets.

Well golly gosh, we really are team druid aren't we? :P

I guess I sing well enough to be a bard, plus I love being the centre of attention on stage ;)
Psychosis is such an ugly word... I prefer Internalised Reality Warping.

"Theis, you can't touch my boobies, at least buy me dinner first!" ~Asks, 09/08/2014

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:00 am

Oh my gosh you guys. There are so many of you!

I can probably manage everybody. Probably. I'm keeping sign-ups open for now, and I'm still ploughing through the character creation process on my end. I will do my absolute best to get everyone into the game because I'm loving what is happening in this thread >:]

Everyone who has applied with a character that is NOT a version of themselves: This will not count against you if we do end up going to a roll-off for spaces, but I'm genuinely loving that so many of the submissions are "this is kind of me" and actually I might like to see that be a theme. If you want to edit your application, that'd be cool, but don't feel obliged at all.

ChuckDaRighteous
Floods your Ears

Post by ChuckDaRighteous » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:11 am

I've noticed people have been putting what classes they intend to go for. I sorta left that out thinking we weren't getting to that yet but since almost everyone else has, I'll throw out there that I'd probably like to be a spellthief-esque character.
Righteous OneVengeful One in Goblin Adventurer's League
Righteous Charger in Capture the flag
Tim/Tuane in Potential
GMing Gal Quest 10

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:15 am

Oh, I don't fully know what my alter-ego will be. I just know that I'm always magic-based!

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:31 am

Yeah, Chuck, that's useful for my guidance in knowing what you might like to aim for (and it could help me pick some relevant special abilities that you might get at the outset, that I might otherwise have not thought of) but at this really early stage, it doesn't matter too much - at the start of the game, you're nobodies, one and all. But yeah, the more detail you give me, the more I can make sure you get to head in the direction you want.

Also, I will be giving a bit more info out about the actual "You + Other Body + ??? = Character!" thing when we're ready to go, as I don't want anyone to think I'm trying to dictate who they're playing or how. I fully intend for you guys to have creative control of your own personalities (and for that personality to basically be the character you initially posted), I'm just telling you what body they landed in and what few bits of that person's muscle memory and knowledge was initially retained and available to you before you bumped them out.

You can strike a balance between what you remember of who you were and who they were, to create "the new you" somewhere between the two. Of course, you can choose to have your host body/brain's residual memories, skills and quirks affect your character to a much greater extent if you want to. You could choose to do your best to become them, even, and fully embrace the new body and life you have. To the other extreme, you could be horrified by the fact that you're stuck in someone else's meat suit, with their brain bits getting all up in your brain bits, making you unsure of who you even are, and so try your damnedest to purge their influence completely, rejecting the skills you inherited from them and pushing down their memories and so on. That's your call entirely.

I'm excited to see what you guys do with that. (Also, despite the above thoughts, I'm genuinely not going to mind if every single one of you go "Okay well I'm stuck in this weird new body but whatever, I'm still me." - that's nice and easy for everyone :lol:)

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:35 am

Will you let us know some of the alter-egos personality that we might still sense, so that we can either maintain it or change it?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:52 am

I only posted the class as an indication of where the unaltered form of my character might gravitate towards, but it does seem many of us are nature-related. But with a reset and a world of potential and possibility before us, we could work to become anything... whose going to be the first to go down the lich route?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:55 am

Yes, I'm going to try and get the basics of everybody's host's past and skills and so on hashed out, PM those around so that people have a chance to comment on things they would like to see a little different (like your colour, and Wears' fruit, for example), and while I wait for feedback, I can go back in and figure out who each host was as a person. I'll get some descriptors in there as a guide (suspicious, warm, high-strung, charismatic, whatever) and maybe come up with a few pointed life events that I can give each player in private so that they can roleplay that big memory resurfacing should anything relevant ever come up. Once it's all finalised, I will email everyone a completed private sheet.

I'll do a list with everyone's name, description and so on as that will be common knowledge, and public character sheets will be kept in tabs like the SCH/CoA ones are; Name, stats, skills, current items, etc.

Once you've all received your PM from me, you'll see what I mean about the difference between public and private sheets, particularly as far as personality, background info and remembered knowledge - there are some things that only your host knows which of course won't be group knowledge at the start, and I a) don't want to share all that meta-info before it's common knowledge and b) would rather not clutter the sheets with it.

Also, I'm copy pasting (with further added detail now that I read it again) something here that I said as an explanation to someone in a PM which I think is a useful elaboration and maybe everyone should see in case it helps:
"You know the film Memento? That guy doesn't know lots of important stuff, but he didn't forget potty training or how to cook, he knew that a gun was dangerous and that beer was a beverage and how to drive a car and that pens were for writing and he knew how to write with them and he could read - I know that because of the type of amnesia he had, the past was fully in tact (which it won't be for you) and new stuff didn't get added (which it will for you!), but it's similar enough to be used as an example of the level of initial confusion I'm aiming for - drawing a blank on lots of facts and events, but not for "functioning as a person at pretty much a survivable level despite not knowing what's going on" - obviously Memento dude was lucky enough to not be zapped through time and space into someone else's head, but you know what I mean!"

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:20 am

It wasn't so much that I want to be a druid but it is pretty close to that class :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:37 am

updated character

Name Ryan
looks (you got my facebook you have met me =p you know my face)
description tall ginger and weird , Ryan is a student nurse with a passion for the odd and weird. being chaotic and unorganised by nature he often gets himself in weird kinds of trouble but by acs of luck he alway gets away without harm. he has lots of diffrent passions in life, his love for movies, tv and cartoons. disco funk and ukulele music. the amazing and discusting human body and the amazing food expericence that is breakfast
his main goal in life is to be happy and doesnt really care much about most other things

writing a summery of yourself is hard as hell

charachter wise I was thinking at a ukulele playing bard kind of dude with basic medical skills releying heavly on luck to save his ass

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:58 am

Also got my character summary and I am VERY excited. This will be well cool!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:06 pm

I feel like if Cranberry got hit with a spell that made him physically young again, he'd be an awful lot like Asks. :lol: (I realize not everyone will get my reference...sorry.)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

askstoomuch

Post by askstoomuch » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:11 pm

yup didnt get it at all ? the only cranberry I know is a berry =p

Alaen
Converses Frequently

Post by Alaen » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:14 pm

Even though I'm kind of struggling to think of stuff for two games, the concept for this one intrigues me. And this time I don't even have to pretend not to play as myself. :roll:

Name: Ren├® ("the reborn", how fitting :lol: )
Appearance: brown medium-length hair, grey-green eyes, short ungroomed beard, glasses, height: 1,85 m, weight: slighly overweight
Skills: Don't really have any outstanding talents. I'm pretty smart and I like learning new things, but I'm too lazy to really get into something. I like being around people, but I'm not really a people-person.
Preferred Class: In a D&D world I see myself as a sorceror. Failing that my options would be wizard or warlock, and I'm not sure if I would like the study required to become a wizard.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:12 pm

Oh my, that's a cast of 10 so far, possibly more...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:42 pm

D:

I'm not even halfway through on character creation. Actually, at the rate I've been going, I think people have signed up faster than I could bash out characters. I can probably cope with that many, but I think there were a few others who voiced an interest :s

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:58 pm

You may want to close recruitment... or leave it open for some additional amount of time and roll/choose for who actually gets to play (though in that case, probably be best to hold off on making sheets for everyone).

Otherwise you're going to end up with 15 people all expecting a spot in this game!

*EDIT:
nikohl wrote:Actually, at the rate I've been going, I think people have signed up faster than I could bash out characters. I can probably cope with that many, but I think there were a few others who voiced an interest :s
So far there are characters posted for:
Thinks
Chuck
Lingrem
Theis
Wears
Spider
Gathers
Jibjib
Asks
Alaen
(10)

Quarg has expressed interest
(11)

Badge and Moose both posted before you posted the game concept, so may or may not be interested?
(12? 13?)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler