PTU Divided Age: OOC Thread

Home to all current Forum Games.
M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Re: PTU Divided Age: OOC Thread

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:27 pm

Hmm... I was hoping that fire/psychic would still have some ATT-based pyschic moves, which with basing the movelist on delphox takes away any chance at that... On the other hand, Blaziken is still very much designed to be a mixed sweeper so nothing some vitamins couldn't potentially fix... Seems pretty low loss and gain some nice capabilities.

Psychic/fighting would get me those moves, but losing out on some good fire moves. Stored power does lose some of it's appeal if the combat stages being affected don't immediately affect it's power too, though that could potentially be fixed if I want to TM it in favor of bulk up... Synchronize could arguably be seen as an upgrade, although I do lose some capabilities...

Overall inclining towards the former of the two. Although I just realized I'll need adept occult edu to do it so this is going to take a while... I think I like the eventual outcome however- I'll definitely need to focus on catching some psychic types, but then I can type sync the pokemon Percival wants to "keep hold" off. And my fourth class would probably want to be a psychic class so I can make proper use of psionic sponge... Which would boil down Percival's description to "psychic charmer" :roll:

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:21 am

The problem you have is that there's just not that many Physical Psychic moves. In fact, there are only three - Heart Stamp, Psycho Cut, and Zen Headbutt.
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:37 am

Errr... Um... If its not much of a problem i would like your thoughts on glitch ace, espessially since i was thinking of picking it up later maybe....

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:40 am

Sorry, kept forgetting to reply. I like the general idea (especially the Corrupt moves part), but I need a little more time to consider it.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:16 am

That 25% flinch rate on heart stamp though together with high SPD... :shifty:

But yeah, you're right in that there's not much physical psychic moves- Wasn't expecting much to be honest, just hopeful. And apparently I somehow managed to miss Braixen having zen headbutt, so not like it matters if I'd really want it... :P

I'll spare you on all my other pokemon until we're somewhere in the future where it might actually look like I'll be able to get around to doing it. :roll: Mostly kicking myself over the head for not being able to pick it as a general feat for lvl 5 since I don't have the prereqs...

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:21 am

Okay, Glitch Ace. While I like the general idea of it, there are a couple of things which concern me.

1) The first thing is how you give Corrupt moves to your 'mons. From what I can see, there are three ways to give a move the Corrupt keyword: Move Sync; Corrupt Move; and Randomization (which only gives Corrupt Metronome). Move Sync can only be used on one Move, and Randomization is even more niche, which means your main way of corrupting moves is going to be Corrupt Move.

However, that costs 1AP each time you do it. Once you run out of AP (which will happen pretty quickly if you're burning at least one a turn), you're stuck - both your Base and Master Features will be practically useless, since you can't use them without Corrupt moves.

On top of that, another problem is that there are no limits on what Moves you can Corrupt. There aren't any real restrictions other than AP, meaning there's very little strategy involved. If you want a move to be Corrupt, it simply is. This makes Move Sync almost useless, since the only advantage is not having to spend AP on that one Move you Sync'd every time you want to use it.

So yeah, in the short term Corrupt Move is too good, yet in the long term it's not good enough.

2) The second issue is that you're trying to emulate the regular Type Ace's, yet you forgot to include any Order Stratagems. Something that every Type Ace has.

Fortunately, we can fix both issues with one change - making Corrupt Move a Stratagem Order.
Corruption Order
[Orders][Stratagem]
Prerequisites: Randomization, Type skill at Adept
Bind 2 AP ÔÇô Standard Action
Target: Your Pokemon with Glitch Strategist or Unexpected Boost.
Effect: While this Feature is Bound, the following Moves gain the Corrupt keyword. If the Target has Glitch Strategist, all Status Moves gain the keyword. If the Target has Unexpected Boost, all Damaging Moves gain the keyword.
Now, as long as you have at least 2AP left, you'll always be able to Corrupt your moves. However, you won't be able to Corrupt every move, so you'll have to make tougher choices on whether you want a 'mon to be focused on Status effects or Damaging attacks.

3) Third problem is with prerequisites. To start, I don't think needing Novice Per and Tech to take the class is really necessary. Instead, let's make it Novice Occult or Tech Edu, to fit in with the Glitch theme a bit more. And Ace Trainer doesn't really make sense to have, since no other Type Ace needs it, so I think we should just removed it entirely. Also, for the prereqs for the features, regular Type Ace's don't actually need to get every feat in order. Instead, they only need the first feat in the list - in this case, Randomization. So we can change that too.

4) Finally, my last issue is with the Corrupt keyword itself. Namely, the bit about weather always benefiting the Glitch 'mon more. Since there's no real way to control this without making it non-random, it would probably be easier to just say that the user doesn't suffer any harmful effects (so if a Fire type accidentally uses Hail, it won't get hurt over time). Also, I think only actual Glitch Pokemon should get auto-STAB with them, so that's another change.

Glitch Ace (Modified)
► Show Spoiler
------------------------------------------------

Also, just realised you guys had a couple of questions you asked three weeks ago that I never got around to answering. So yah, answers!
M0rtimer wrote: Also Dusk, question- For the poke-edge underdog's lessons (which would allow me to teach moves from it's evolution, but only up to three times) could I replace the move I got from one in favor of another? If I do, would I need to repay the TP cost? Asking since I'd probably want to get some of the earlier moves, but should I have Mell stick along for long enough (which to be honest, is rather doubtful...) to unlock the more powerful late-game moves, I'd definitely want those instead...
I'm gonna say that if you forget the Move in question, the PokeEdge is refunded completely. So refunded Tutor Cost, and doesn't count towards the 3 max limit anymore.
Arch Lich Burns wrote: .....actually would it be possible with glitched to have DK learn ice beam? most water types learn it
Sorry, but no. The current movelist stands.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:35 am

I'm gonna say that if you forget the Move in question, the PokeEdge is refunded completely. So refunded Tutor Cost, and doesn't count towards the 3 max limit anymore.
Sweet. Pretty much effectively makes it equal to leveling as if it were the higher evolution though. Then again it's still much more limited and I definitely won't be complaining about it. Now I can actually have Mell keep the best latest move rather than "Alright, and now I'll wait five more levels rather than picking up this now to not have to pay an extra TP".. :)

Now I just need to get Mell to lvl 15 so I can actually make use of it... :P

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:02 am

But with gliched capability would he be able to learn it? Most water types can learn ice beam, with exception of magikarp

Glitch mons should always get stab with corrupt moves since technically same type as those pokemon. (A glitch move with glitch mon)

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:14 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:But with gliched capability would he be able to learn it? Most water types can learn ice beam, with exception of magikarp
Oh, right. Hmm...yeah, that's fair. Remember that it'll cost 1TP to do, though.
Arch Lich Burns wrote: Glitch mons should always get stab with corrupt moves since technically same type as those pokemon. (A glitch move with glitch mon)
Yeah, that's what I said. Glitch Pokemon get STAB with Corrupted Moves. Regular Pokemon using Corrupt Moves only get STAB if it happens to roll the same Type they are (e.g. a Fire Pokemon uses a Corrupt Move, and it rolls Fire damage).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:16 am

Sweet. Okay so by any chance would dk learn any corrupt moves via level up?

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:29 am

I was considering that. I might make it so there's a chance (a small one, mind) that each move he learns by level-up becomes corrupted. I still need to think it over a bit, though.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:37 am

Hey Dusk, would you allow Han's Fennekin to be out, too? He never really recalls her, but if you'd require Han 'send' her out I'd be fine with that, too.

I'd need to know the new initiative order if you do allow it, since she has 11 speed, same as the Pidgeotto.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 9:44 am

She's out, and acts before the Pidgeotto :)

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:02 am

It just occurred to me that the Pidgeotto might have Keen Eye. Oh well, won't know unless I try to lower its accuracy, right?

Also I'm concerned. Unlike in Mort's game, Han's pokemon are pretty fragile since their stats aren't as good and they're a bit more spread out. :paranoia:

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:09 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:
Dusk9 wrote:
► Show Spoiler
The kit costs too much unfortunally. I only have 250 bucks to spare without buying pokeballs
Then you should update your sheet - it says you have 650$.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:15 am

Hm... What are the odds of Percival still being back in time to join April and the others in a hunting expedition?

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm very much interested in seeing where this is going... But I'll admit I'll probably be slightly disappointed if it means missing out the chance on a potential cool capture/some exp. Especially if we'll likely see the girl again and Percival would have the chance to meet her then- Which would probably come over better than "hey, I'm a completely random stranger who waited an hour out here for you"... :P

I mean I'm guessing I'm asking more if it's gonna lead somewhere interesting on it's self and/or if he'll get the chance to do some potential capturing on his own later... :P

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:43 am

Yes, you'll see her again later, if you want to go off and do some capturing ;)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:53 am

Welll...400 of it i have not spent on the housing for the day, for all i know, the lan has some housing or at least wont mind me sleeping there while working on something. If i can speep there theb i will buy the iit and make balls myself

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:57 am

We didn't get any pokeballs from the League guys, did we? I don't think we did, but I wanted to make sure.

Dusk9
Games Moderator

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:07 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:Welll...400 of it i have not spent on the housing for the day, for all i know, the lan has some housing or at least wont mind me sleeping there while working on something. If i can speep there theb i will buy the iit and make balls myself
Yeah, sorry. But unless you get a really good Charm roll, I very much doubt the scientist will let you sleep on a workbench covered in sensitive equipment :lol: :roll:
SuperVaderMan wrote:We didn't get any pokeballs from the League guys, did we? I don't think we did, but I wanted to make sure.
Sorry, but no. That's basically what the salary is supposed to be for.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:15 am

Damn worth a shot. Figured they may have had a lunch area where nul can sleep, but since i cant i will have to make do by buying the balls myself until tommorrow. Unless i happen to actually get paid by the hour or by this evening...speaking of which, how much do i get paid for this research job?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:59 pm

Edited my post a little to include some more side-action with the Unown.

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:43 am

Oh btw Dusk, I made a roll for the Fennekin to Ember one of the Natu again, but I forgot about the Unown. The Ember would've hit, so I just rolled again to have the Unown attack instead with its super-effective Hidden Power, risking a miss. Is that alright?

SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:58 am

ImageHan's Fennekin earns 26 exp, gaining 1 level (14 -> 15)! She gains a point in Speed to hopefully go first against more enemies. Han's Fennekin is capable of evolving!
ImageHan's Unown earns 12 exp, gaining 1 level (11 -> 12)! It gains a point in Special Attack to boost the strength of its Hidden Power attacks.

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:37 am

Dusk, any problem with me doing some retroactive shopping? (before we get into a potential battle and it definitely would be too late) Don't think I'll especially need it, since I do still have 4 pokeballs, but since I do have some cash to spare I might as well stock up a bit.

Also how does breeding with dittos work? :shifty: