Option 4 : 2
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Re: Fallout: Settlers (Year: 2277) - Open to All

Post by Quarg » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:48 pm

Questions:
1 - What are your names?
2 - Were are you from?
3 - How long were you traveling to here?
Where you being taken to?
How far away did you think it is?
Did you pass by any settlements recently?
What did you do before being made slaves?
What skills do you have?
How much are bottlecaps worth were your from?
What are your ages?
Are there really talking ghouls?
Why were the slavers moving trough this area?

Actions:
After quizzing the slaves, Kis will proceed to see if the fedora fits and also investigate the faded letter before going and getting the battered sword and rifle. See will see if it can use any of the ammo they have stocked, she will then see about finding a pen and paper to take with her and lead a hunting party (out beyond the bridge perhaps) and note her observations of where things were to be mapped. Her goal was to create a list of places to map out to send the foraging parties out after the hunting parties had been through the area and to get more information on the surrounding area.
She also puts on the leather duster to help protect herself...

Finally one of the computer terminals asks her again for her votes:

Code: Select all

Slaves?
Detain - Younger one is not yet safe
Pregnant Vaulters?
Restrict to research duties
Last edited by Quarg on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:44 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:Clarification requested: When will the pregnant female dwellers become moms, the following turn (for which we would have to switch to health care for power NOW, if we wanted it to be active for the deliveries) or the turn thereafter?

To keep things easier to for tracking dweller "birthdays", I think in the future the 'breeding season will be spring, with babies being born in winter. For this first season's purposes, I'll say that the women got pregnant at the end of last winter and babies will be born at the beginning of this winter. So there will be another turn before they are born.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:51 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:Clarification requested: When will the pregnant female dwellers become moms, the following turn (for which we would have to switch to health care for power NOW, if we wanted it to be active for the deliveries) or the turn thereafter?
spiderwrangler wrote:
Patdragon wrote:assuming power triggers at end of the three month like last time
Your understanding is correct, this upcoming turn (Autumn) will be Research Labs, regardless of this vote, if a vote succeeds in switching, it would switch at the end of the turn, and be on whatever for Winter.
Yes if we want the healthcare on for winter pregnancies we need to vote this turn. So far it's not changing though as we don't have two more than keeping it on research.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:00 pm

Yes, if you want them online at the end of Autumn, you would need to switch power allocation during Autumn voting (ie, what is open now). If you vote them online during Winter voting, they will come online at the end of winter.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:05 am

So everyone, you did read that one bit you voted for (namely the joining of the prisoners to the vault) requires health services to be ON, right? Why would you vote for them to join, and then not on health services or even on research (looking at the vote, especially NSF and Feytala) instead? Just curious.
Krulle wrote:My bad memory allows me to enjoy positive news far more often!
Excited for the Dungeon Eyes, Ricki and Lara kissing!
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:31 am

Or finish making building materials before sending people to make a pump...

Lord Computer has weird ideas sometimes...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:48 am

You all are welcome to lobby for certain options, and/out explain your reasons why they are important (as long as you do it reasonably civilly, of course). The one thing is ask, if someone does sway your opinion, is that you go back and strike through your original vote, then post anew, stating that you're changing your vote. Badge and I keep a running tally of votes, so if you were to go back and change something, it would likely just get missed.

So if you decide we need to go with option 4 on the preggers, make sure that's clear.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:17 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:You all are welcome to lobby for certain options, and/out explain your reasons why they are important (as long as you do it reasonably civilly, of course). The one thing is ask, if someone does sway your opinion, is that you go back and strike through your original vote, then post anew, stating that you're changing your vote. Badge and I keep a running tally of votes, so if you were to go back and change something, it would likely just get missed.

So if you decide we need to go with option 4 on the preggers, make sure that's clear.
What is this with you and killing pregnant women spider?
Because only you seem to be interested in killing our breeding population...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:00 pm

I used that as an example because I don't think anyone will choose it, so I'm not influencing your votes. ;)

It was a hold over from the vote options I copied it from, and it amused me and fit the dark tone that Fallout sometimes has.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:12 pm

GathersIngredients wrote:So everyone, you did read that one bit you voted for (namely the joining of the prisoners to the vault) requires health services to be ON, right? Why would you vote for them to join, and then not on health services or even on research (looking at the vote, especially NSF and Feytala) instead? Just curious.

I voted for powering research, because for me, atm it is more important than playing with the slaves. I am taking a more isolationistic, scientific approach. :D
But I am not against letting them in - In fact, we need more adults. It is just, that they are tertiary to me after getting our systems to run and learning how to make our vault safe again.

In other (shorter) words, I'd prefer to keep research running and keep the slaves around for a bit - Might be better for them to get to know us, too - But IF we switch to Health Care one way or another (Becaus emor eof you voted that way ;) ), we should use the opportunity to further that (for me) secondary goal...

I hope I could express, what I wanted to say. :D

Patdragon
Game Master

Post by Patdragon » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:07 pm

I think the vote for the health services was more to do with the pregnancy happening and having the ex-slaves undergo a medical at the same time was a bonus.
► Show Spoiler
Anger is fleeting, Remorse eternal...
- Karn, Silver golem

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:48 am

Thanks for the explanation, Feytala . :thumbsup:
spiderwrangler wrote:For this first season's purposes, I'll say that the women got pregnant at the end of last winter and babies will be born at the beginning of this winter. So there will be another turn before they are born.
But since power gets turned to the other system at the END of the voting season (you vote autum and at the end of autum the power gets switched to the system in question), and I really don't think that vault dwellers who didn't even know how a pump works should be trusted with something as crucial and deciding over life and death as taking care of births/deliveries of babies, I really think we should give health care priority NOW. It IS the autum vote, right?
► Show Spoiler

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:57 am

Well, if I'd play a human being here, you'd be right.^^ But I am playing a cold, calculating computer...

As in, I am currently just more intrested in science, than babies. ^^ On a basis of logic and human dignity. you're right of course...

But... That reminds me of something else. If the Health Care goes just online at the end of term, won't we get another "The slaves are sitting idle"-post, because the physical examination can't be done ? Oh, well...

EDIT : As I am seeing Gathers reasoning but want to use the better research as long as it's avaiable, I have changed my votes from building the manual pump and sending out a hunting party to more research.^^

They can reasonably hunt next season and there are already enough votes to get the manual pump working without me.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:36 am

If we do not have the health bay open the pregnant wem may die, and that is bad. If we have no people we cannot do any research. We were programmed to benifit the people.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:21 am

Feytala wrote: EDIT : As I am seeing Gathers reasoning but want to use the better research as long as it's avaiable, I have changed my votes from building the manual pump and sending out a hunting party to more research.^^
I got it this time, but next time, or for anyone else, if you can strikeout or delete your first post and post your altered vote in a new post for us, that will be a better assurance that we don't miss something.

You've got 24 hours and 39 minutes to lobby for or against positions, we'll be closing voting for this turn at noon (for us) tomorrow.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:48 am

I got you wrong - I thought you meant to say, to tell that something was changed and edit the first post - What I did.

Will think about it next time, though.^^

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:03 am

No worries!
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Wasting time Klik
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Wasting time Klik » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:19 pm

Hello everyone, new here as a friend suggested I try out this fallout game, I hope it is ok to jump right in.

Option 1 : B, C, E

Option 2 : 1

Option 3 : 1

Option 4 : 3

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:49 am

You are more than welcome to join in, that's why the game is "open to all" to encourage new players to play.

Thanks for joining.

And unless you don't want your friends to vote against you, invite them too.

Voting is closed.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:54 am

I believe that NotStick and Synch are eligible for switching to CPs if you wish to do so. Should that be the case, give me your top 3 priorities between sex, age, Strength, Perception, Endurance, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Feytala
Converses Frequently

Post by Feytala » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:41 pm

Question - Yes, I know, I've got some time before the issue arises for me - Does sex/gender and age have anything else than "cosmetic" value ? Also... Quargs choice sounded as if we are "given" the names of our chars and can't really decide anything about them... I am just curious... How far does the roleplaying-aspect go and how much can we decide by ourselves ? Also : Do all dwellers have the same attribute-point-total or are they rolled "randomly" ? :)

GathersIngredients
Discussion Moderator

Post by GathersIngredients » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:28 pm

Feytala wrote:Question - Yes, I know, I've got some time before the issue arises for me - Does sex/gender and age have anything else than "cosmetic" value ? Also... Quargs choice sounded as if we are "given" the names of our chars and can't really decide anything about them... I am just curious... How far does the roleplaying-aspect go and how much can we decide by ourselves ? Also : Do all dwellers have the same attribute-point-total or are they rolled "randomly" ? :)
I'm no GM, but since I have gone through the char selection process already, I'm gonna try to answer your questions the best I can, anyways:

age... there's such a thing as dying of old age, and also (in case of female) an age after which they will no longer be fertile for reproduction.
females can get pregnant (duh!), with all the "limitations" that go with that (namely, not as bodily resilient during the later stages)
Names are already given to each existing dweller, but you can change that to your liking, once you have selected that dweller as your character (Quarg did)
attributes are rolled randomly, so total number varies.
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:55 pm

Yep, Gather's is on point with all of that. Mechanically, the only sex that matters is females, and only for procreation/vault population purposes. (If all the males were to be wiped out for some reason, then that may become an issue) Beyond female dweller procreation, sex has no real mechanical impact, and the names assigned to dwellers are mostly to make them more 'real' than just calling them Dweller 1 through Dweller 85. You're welcome to change their name (as Quarg has), or treat them as anywhere on any sort of spectrum (or off spectrum) that you would like to role play.

Any players taking on a nominally female character would have final say whether she were to be participating in increasing the number of dwellers in the vault.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:37 pm

When spider and I started this process/game, we tried to make it as realistic as possible, without bogging things down for him as the mathwizard (10,000+ Rolls = Bad)

So, if you find any of these things strange to include in a game, the reason is the realism.