GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 36)

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 8)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:07 pm

Turn 8

"temporial Anomally Phenomenom or TAP for short. Actually I know of a mudhoneyfountiN you can probably live at, if you guys are interested. hello, this is Busbee, don't worry this bee is friendly."
"Coool! Honey's my favourite! It's still kind of too cold for us to move yet because there's no food. But if you have honey... Hey! We could eat that!"

"Right, hello. Now that I'm over here I've noticed a bit of a problem. This grate that we need to get through - when we're done helping, of course - opens outwards, see? And I can't tell how far up it goes, but it looks like it might touch your hive if it opens all the way up there. I don't want it to break. Have you ever seen this grate open before? Did it open safely without squashing your house? If not, we're going to need to come up with a plan!"
"Hey! Yeah, no, don't open that! If you damage our hive we're going to have a problem and you REALLY don't want that! I think you've probably stayed here long enough, don't you? Go somewhere else now."
"YEAH!"
"That's a nice house alright, but I don't know about the neighborhood. I can think of better places to live if I were a bee, for example like by our fountain of infinite mudhoney that grants magical powers, and has full-time guards so a bee can live in peace without being bothered. That's where I would live, if I were a bee. Too bad we don't know any bees that would really enjoy the good life like that.".
"Wait, what? You have a FOUNTAIN of honey? Well now... why didn't you say so?"

Holds pops up for a breath of air and floats back down.

------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler
[/quote]

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:14 pm

"Well....not on me. Wait... hmm..." TAP summons his MUDHONEY shield for the bee to munch on.
► Show Spoiler

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:51 am

"I have a pot of honey... But it's back at HQ. Do you think you could make it there on what food you've got, then rest at our house and eat that honey ready for your big trip to the fountain?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 02, 2016 6:17 pm

Two actions still missing. I'll give it until Wednesday, then I'm going to start doing updates regardless of how many actions I have :)

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Mon May 02, 2016 6:31 pm

Sorry y'all, I'm moving this weekend, and things have been crazy.

Tinkers smirks at the lead bee. "Well I did say so, just now. The fountain has the most delicious mudhoney ever - and did I mention the bit about how you get magical powers? But here's the thing - the fountain's really meant for creatures that are noble and kind. Do you think moving near someone else's home, and then bullying them because you don't like their habits, makes you noble or kind? Can you convince me that you're going to be better from now on?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 9)

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 04, 2016 5:05 pm

Turn 9

"Well....not on me. Wait... hmm..."

TAP decides that now is the time to summon her mud-honey shield and a honeycomb-shaped amber shield appears on her arm.

"Ooohhhhh! Shiny! And gooey...! Nom nom nom nom nom!"

"I have a pot of honey... But it's back at HQ. Do you think you could make it there on what food you've got, then rest at our house and eat that honey ready for your big trip to the fountain?"
"Well... That doesn't seem like the sort of thing we usually do -"
"This is AWESOME!!"
"... I think we can probably make an exception. Ok. You give us directions to this Fountain of yours and we'll be on our way!"
"Well I did say so, just now. The fountain has the most delicious mudhoney ever - and did I mention the bit about how you get magical powers? But here's the thing - the fountain's really meant for creatures that are noble and kind. Do you think moving near someone else's home, and then bullying them because you don't like their habits, makes you noble or kind? Can you convince me that you're going to be better from now on?"
"...Wait, what? No-one said anything about caveats! Your buddy promised us honey! No, screw that! We're going to go and live at your stupid fountain and YOU can't stop us! ...Unless you don't tell us where it is I guess..."
"YEAH!"
"It's SOOOO good! omnomnomnomnomnom"

► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed May 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Tap grins at his bee friend and pets it. Tap then gives Busbee directions to the mudhoney fountan

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu May 05, 2016 6:38 am

"Well, I think you'll do just fine at the fountain as long as you remember that you're the new guys there, and you won't be in charge of it. There are guardians already at the fountain, and they won't take kindly to being stung like these mer-folk did. You don't want to fly all the way there and not make any friends. But I think a smart bee like you will be able to prove you're totally worthy of living at the mudhoney fountain - and maybe you can even help guard it eventually, if you wanted!

You should get some of TAP's honey shield before it's gone, and listen to the directions he's giving to your friend Busbee now. If you get too hungry on your way, you can make a quick detour at the big tree... [insert directions to HQ here]... and tell them I've given you permission to eat my pot of mudhoney there."

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Thu May 05, 2016 10:31 am

Tinkers smirks at the bee. "Hey, don't sweat it - who's perfect, eh? I can't guarantee whether the fountain guardians will give you credit for this, but you could prove that you're capable of good by helping us out. You said you had some stuff that we could have - if you don't need it for anything else, share it with us, that will prove generosity. You could also help us get inside and tell us anything you know that might help us about what's inside - that would show helpfulness. Finally, the most important bit, you could apologize to the mer-folk for the inconvenience. This will not cost you anything, but will mean a lot to them. And you may not understand this yet, but getting along with people who are different from you and working together is immensely important - it lets all of us to eventually get more stuff the way we want than trying by ourselves, even if you have to compromise a little bit in the beginning."

Then she'll lift herself out of the water and look for ways to open the door.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 10)

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 07, 2016 9:07 am

Turn 10

"Well, I think you'll do just fine at the fountain as long as you remember that you're the new guys there, and you won't be in charge of it. There are guardians already at the fountain, and they won't take kindly to being stung like these mer-folk did. You don't want to fly all the way there and not make any friends. But I think a smart bee like you will be able to prove you're totally worthy of living at the mudhoney fountain - and maybe you can even help guard it eventually, if you wanted! "
"Hey, don't sweat it - who's perfect, eh? I can't guarantee whether the fountain guardians will give you credit for this, but you could prove that you're capable of good by helping us out. You said you had some stuff that we could have - if you don't need it for anything else, share it with us, that will prove generosity. You could also help us get inside and tell us anything you know that might help us about what's inside - that would show helpfulness. Finally, the most important bit, you could apologize to the mer-folk for the inconvenience. This will not cost you anything, but will mean a lot to them. And you may not understand this yet, but getting along with people who are different from you and working together is immensely important - it lets all of us to eventually get more stuff the way we want than trying by ourselves, even if you have to compromise a little bit in the beginning."

"Pffft! No! But we will take your honey!! Haha! That fountain is totally ours now! So long suckers!"
"YEAH!!"

TAP grins and gives Busbee directions to the Mudhoney fountain and the wasps finally leave.

"Are they gone?"
"Well it's about time!"
"So we can sing again?"

Tinkers checks the door and finds it is held closed with a simple latch. It'll destroy the wasp nest if they open it, but that's probably not such an issue any more.

Holds spaces out for a second time.

► Show Spoiler

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Sun May 08, 2016 5:55 pm

Holds stop spacing and climbs out of the lake, hopefully before drowning.

"Help up, please?"
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun May 08, 2016 7:59 pm

Tap waves goodbye to busbee and tells the merpeople is okay now before he swims over

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Mon May 09, 2016 5:07 am

All helps Holds up, and looks inside the nest in case there's anything in there before they go squishing it.

"Well, that took a while, but I'm glad it was resolved peacefully. Hey, you guys don't know whether other people come this way often or anything else that might be useful, do you? You said you lived here long before the bees moved in, so you're our best source of information about this place..."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 11)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Turn 11

"Help up, please?"
"Well, that took a while, but I'm glad it was resolved peacefully. Hey, you guys don't know whether other people come this way often or anything else that might be useful, do you? You said you lived here long before the bees moved in, so you're our best source of information about this place..."

TAP waves goodbye to Busbee and swims across the pool. All helps Holds out the pond.

All investigates the wasps nest and finds that it's little more than a papery bag of air and hexagons. That's disappointing...

Tinkers spaces out.

The merfolk start singing and the sound is AWFUL. The screeching "melody" is almost painful and it's getting worse...

--------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon May 09, 2016 5:28 pm

TAP tries hs best to get up, and open the door

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Mon May 09, 2016 6:07 pm

Tinkerscan't believe she posted so late and spaced out! She attempts to bluff the merfolk, shouting "Hide my friends, the bees are coming back!" Then she'll try to help open the door, knocking the hornet nest aside if necessary. If the others get the door open first, she'll block her ears and enter, tentatively stepping around the suspicious-looking slime.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Tue May 10, 2016 1:16 am

All waves goodbye to the mermen since they don't seem in a chatty mood, and helps everyone get up and inside when door opening is done. She too will avoid the goo, especially if it slides out when the door gets opened. Eww.

Runsaround
Converses Frequently

Post by Runsaround » Fri May 13, 2016 6:38 am

Holds follows behind quietly, taking a moment to look at the goo closely as he passes.
I have no idea what I'm doing, and IT IS GLORIOUS!

thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: GAL 10: Protect the GAL's Interests (Turn 12)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 16, 2016 4:52 pm

Turn 12

"Hide my friends, the bees are coming back!"

The merfolk duck under the water and the goblins get a brief respite from the godsawful sound of their singing. The silence is remarkably soothing, but it's only a few moments before the merfolk pop back out.

"Hey! Don't be an asshole! That's not funny."
"Ah, let it go! Now, from the top! A-one and a-two and a-three"

And then the screeching begins again.

The goblins open the metal gate and watch in disgust as the big green glob of... whatever the hell that is. It twitches and vibrates and seems to scooch just a little bit up Taps leg. She kicks it off and the goblins climb up into the tunnel.

And into a new area!

-------------------------------------------
► Show Spoiler

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Tue May 17, 2016 3:52 pm

Tinkers pokes at that pipe with the butt end of her spear, trying to see if anything comes out of it. If nothing happens, she'll dip the butt end of the spear into the acid-looking pond to see if anything bad happens.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Wed May 18, 2016 11:07 am

(I'm hoping that pond isn't acid, since we're standing in the overflow from it... it's probably more sewage. Icky ick!)

All judges whether or not the goblins would be able to jump the gap, since she's had enough of paddling in gross-ness. She thinks it's probably too far though.

"Did anyone bring a rope or anything? I don't have one."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed May 18, 2016 7:02 pm

Mini-Update cos nothing's really happening...

All inspects the gap and decides that the distance isn't likely to be the hard part of the jump - the low ceiling is. Still, with a bit of luck it should be possible.

Tinkers pokes the end of the pipe with the butt of her spear. It ends up covered in something smelling quite a lot of rotten food and sewage... She dips it in the "acid" pool and discovers that it's probably NOT acid. It's DEFINITELY stinky though and her spear is now disgusting.

nikohl
Discussion Moderator

Post by nikohl » Thu May 19, 2016 5:10 am

All goes for a Superman-style jump across the gap, aiming to avoid bashing her head on the pipe and at least get the majority of the front part of herself where all her useful stuff (like her face) is, onto the non-icky other side. If she can keep her nice new pants and fancy boots out of the water too, bonus!

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat May 21, 2016 12:11 pm

Tap waits for the goblin to jump across before attempting the same

Narshe
Speaks Quietly

Post by Narshe » Sat May 21, 2016 12:36 pm

Tinkers resigns herself to being yucky, and heaves a massive sigh before diving into the sewage, and poking through the horrible pile at the bottom, optimistically looking for anything useful or of interest.