The Sundered Way - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
spiderwrangler
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way - OOC

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:29 am

Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:50 am Interesting question for Spider then: Does cooking the subject negate Maj's ability to turn into said subject later?
He generally cooks his meat, rather than eat it raw, at least while in Dragonborn form. He is restricted to beasts though, so won't be able to turn into any humanoids even if he's eaten them in his storied past.
Rodgeir wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:30 am Spider my worry about coins was just because you'd noted that the orcs didn't have any on them. I read too much into that and figured you were setting up a treasure hunt :).
There's no one for them to buy stuff from, didn't seem to make sense to me for them to be carrying around coins when they can pack their little belt pouches with dried meat. :)
Lurks_In_Shadows wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:20 am <<Suspicious look>>. Better not be Gorlock. That would trigger all sorts of problems. Randy is under blood oath with that one.
It's been a while, but you SAW Gorlock, yes? This isn't him. And Korgal seemed to suggest that his brother was elsewhere, and you were welcome to put him down any time you'd like.
BadgeAddict wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:09 am Actually I don't believe that he is deaf. Mute yes, and a bit daft...but not deaf.
What do you mean mute? He has at least "Hurm" and "Hurr" in his vocabulary! :lol: Almost as well spoken as Groot.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:42 am

:chuckle: Me thinks Spider is having too much fun with this! He and Rodgeir have been suspiciously silent during all the discussion.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:47 am

I am staying out of this. Spider had me making increasingly messed up decisions the last few months. It's y'alls turn to feel bad about your imaginary personas' actions.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:57 am

Welcome to Ethics 101! ;)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:11 am

So are we officially good to go on level 4? If so I will update Dornikal's stats (+1 Con and +1 Dex) and roll for hp.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:15 am

Nah, spider does it during downtime periods so we need to get to a city or somewhere we can chill out for a while (at least a few weeks probably).

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:25 am

There are plenty of insects for Maji to eat though that might not be on his beast list! Maybe he can get his orc friend to make some delicious foods out of them.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:35 am

3rd need a bit more downtime, since it was an archetype choosing level for you guys.

Dornie and the others are going to need better part of a week before they are fit to travel, if you guys are spending some time camped out in the mine, I'll have you at least mostly level here, if you're hitting the road, then it'd be when you next have down time.

Is there anyone doing anything unusual at this level? Anyone that is single class is hitting 4th in class, so has an ASI or feat you can take. I'd like to flavor those a bit, so keep me in the loop with what you're wanting there. For the multiclass folks, just let me know what you're thinking.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:42 am

Still intending to dip wizard for this one :)

She'll be wanting to pick up a spellbook of her own at some point to copy her "poetry" into, and will be looking to buy inks and such to allow her to copy out that Identify scroll and any others we might come across as we travel. I'm not sure what details she knows about the world in general, but she'd be keen to head to a larger city where she's more likely to find wizardly stuff to learn from, and a library that isn't in a temple.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:49 am

Yeah, all that stuff would be more available in a city than a mine, but we can say that you 'decipher' some additional pages as a means of getting your 3 cantrips and six 1st level spells that you'd know as a fledgling wizard?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:50 am

Maji is going into Druid this level! And will go into druid until he gets flying creatures, at the very least.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:07 am

I'm happy to wait until we get to a city if it's easier, or just do a partial levelling in the meantime (e.g. a couple of cantrips) if you prefer.

How far away are we from the cities at this point? They surely can't be too far away...

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:17 am

I'm not completely sure what I want to do with my 4th level in fighter yet.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:59 am

Randy is going to stay with Planes Walker for now. 5th or 6th, he might go ahead and start working on Monk. (I figure it'll take at least that long to convince the good abbot that he's serious about having seen the All Mother and that he's not some dangerous new type of heretic! :chuckle: )

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:02 am

Ulmwin's gonna be sticking bard. Cause he doesn't have the stats to multiclass into anything different that'd be worthwhile. :roll:

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:06 am

Spider, given the additional books that exist, could you give us a feat list that we can choose from?

hmm, actually I think I will increase STR & INT, pushing both of them up to the next level. Woot.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:13 am

Fighters also get an extra ASI / feat at level 6, so you don't have to wait too long if you're feeling indecisive :)

BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena

Post by BadgeAddict » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:16 am

boosting STR and INT will give me the most boost at the moment I think.

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:24 am

Holger will take his second level in warlock for his invocation. So commence solitude lyre playing!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:45 pm

Unexpected kidney stone surgery. Please autopilot Coljin

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:46 pm

Ouch... Be better!

Theis2
Moderates Controversy!

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:48 pm

I would rather hear that from Lurks! At least he could be on the other side :p

Hope it goes smoothly!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:50 pm

Owwww!! Hope it goes well and you're pain-free again soon!

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:59 pm

Ouch. Well, enjoy the drug buzz. The urologist should get you straightened out soon. We'll see you when you get back. Drinks lots of water (beer will work in a pinch. :P ))

I'll get my turn later, Theis. I've been putting of an inguinal hernia repair for a while, but it's just about to the point I don't have a lot of choice about it. Sneezing or coughing is decidedly....uncomfortable.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:51 pm

BadgeAddict wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:06 am Spider, given the additional books that exist, could you give us a feat list that we can choose from?
They are all racial traits, I've broken them down below.

Dragonborn
► Show Spoiler
Dwarf
► Show Spoiler
Gnome
► Show Spoiler
Human
► Show Spoiler
Tiefling
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler