The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Rodgeir
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 894

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:05 am

Dornikal will pause when he sees the devil woman but figures she isn't an orc and gives her a wave.

"Looks like yer friends are here Tess."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13944

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:07 am

((You'd likely seen tieflings in your travels before, I'm just ribbing Badge by calling Zephyr a devil woman.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13101
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:09 am

((thanks))

Nem will glance up to see what D is talking about.

"He certainly might... he's got no love for orcs. Can you understand what they're saying?"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 894

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:21 am

((Figured, but got to roll with the joke ;)))

"Aye. Mostly just yelling spoon back an forth till yer pal started talking fireball."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4701
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:35 am

Randy gives the orc a nod.
► Show Spoiler

He nods toward the other orc.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13101
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:06 am

((lurks, you probably can't see the map due to your firewall, but you should probably know that the escape team is currently standing in an area directly above the tunnel entrance. We'll deal with it whatever you have Randy do, but just FYI. Spider, can Randy see any of us from where he is?)).

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13944

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:16 am

((He has a good view of all but Coljin and Holger, but has a decent idea of their location as they peek through as they scrabble their way to you.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4701
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:47 am

(( Randy's not gone completely Joker yet, even if it does sound like it. :chuckle: What it seems we have going right now is a replay of the bounty hunter scene from Return of the Jedi, complete with a "thermal detonator". ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13101
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:55 pm

((just making you aware :) ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13101
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:15 pm

If Nem has finished cutting the half-orc free, she'll move to the last unconscious prisoner (not Talish) and check for signs of life.

Medicine: 1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4701
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:26 pm

Randy holds the gem up where the sunlight can shine on it.
► Show Spoiler
He points to the mine entrance and scowls at the orc. He holds up one hand and starts ticking off points.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 894

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:52 am

Int check from Dornikal on who Randy is talking about Ever heard of that orc?: 2D20.LOW(1) = [10, 17] = 10

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13944

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:52 am

As Randy speaks very, very quickly, the orc's face goes still at the mention of Gorlock, slowly turning into a scowl.

Tess inspects the dark skinned human. She finds that he is quite dead, a heavily encrusted wound at the throat being the likely cause of death. She's a bit startled by the blue stained teeth and gums, however. They give the body an eerie look.

Ulmwin and Maji bide their time (unless they don't).

The liberated dragonborn and human prisoner stand naked and bloody, the dragonborn readying a spell should an orc present itself. The human grips her dagger in determination... or to keep her trembling hands from dropping it.

Zephyr scrambles to the head of the trail, stopping 10 ft away from a short, muscly fellow, naked and covered in bruises and partially healed wounds, his scalp and chin a crudely shorn mess, and his entire front layer upon layer of sunburnt flesh, blistered and peeling in places. ((Only used your movement, so you have an action you may use before it comes back around to you.))

Holger and Coljin both scrabble their way closer as well.

The sword wielding orc partially turns his head, eyes not leaving Randy as he speaks over his shoulder to someone deeper in the tunnel. The guard orc by him looks back and forth between the two.

Randerwaith
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orc
Dornikal <--------------<<
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 894

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:37 am

((Any result from that 10 roll on knowing who the orc Randy referred to is?))

Dornikal watches while Tess checks Rens before turning and facing down the path, standing as steadily as he can at the top. He will brandish his rock as menacingly as possible in his current state.

((And takes a dodge action))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13101
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:57 am

Nem shakes her head at Dornikal and the dragonborn, then looks up to Zephyr:

"Do you have a way down over that way? I climbed up a chimney over there [points], it would be much easier with the rope."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4701
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:07 am

Randy waits for a reply, still holding the gem up and turning it so the facets flash in the light.

He's ready to dodge.

((Randy's had his say. Now he's going to wait.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13944

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:18 am

((Name isn't familiar to Dornikal.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13944

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:45 am

Dornikal stands ready and menacing.

An even larger orc, likewise clad in chainmail, shoulders his way forward, the curving blade of a greataxe across his back and a large crossbow held in his massive hands.
► Show Spoiler

Randerwaith <--------------<<
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orc
Dornikal
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 894

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:57 am

Dornikal looks to the side at his fellow 'survivors' when he hears the new orc and to Tess.

"Korgal isn't going to let us walk away. Can you mind talk to the yelling lad out there Tess?"

((Is Galt still not up or is he too hammered to participate?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 13944

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:00 am

((Ah, I'd added him to my Turn Order spreadsheet, but not to the in thread order, then forgot to post something for him.))

Prior to the new orc speaking...

The half orc prisoner fumbles around until he grabs hold of Tess in gratitude, croaking out a hoarse and ragged thanks.

((Maji is the closest to Tess at ~150 ft away.))

Randerwaith <--------------<<
Nemeia
Ulmwin
Maji
Szartha
Tren
Zephyr
Holger
Coljin
Yertak
Guard Orcs
Dornikal
Galt
Korgal
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13101
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:18 am

Nem hugs the half-orc back and helps him to his feet.

"You're very welcome, love. Get your breath back a moment, our healer is nearly here."

To Dornikal: "They're all too far away. What's going on?"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 894

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:25 am

"Korgal wouldn't be out here unless he is ready to act."

To Zephyr,

"Any chance ye have something better than a rock aye can use?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13101
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:27 am

"Who's Korgal?"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Indulges in Conversation
Posts: 894

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:29 am

"The cheese-grater in charge of this warband. Whats left of it."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 13101
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:40 am

"What do you mean what's left of it? What happened?"

((Nem is basically just talking this round))

Post Reply