The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5028
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:34 am

Arch Lich Burns wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:42 am
Maji writes on the board Sheep instead maybe?
Randy thinks a minute. "I'd think they'd ignore you. These aren't some farmer's flock (at least I hope they aren't). Now a sheep DOG, or a wolf or coyote....that they'd definitely pay attention to." Randy looks questionably at Maj.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15093
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:11 pm

Maji gives a wicked grin and nods. He turns to a wolf and starts stalking around them, twoard the opposite way where Dornikal went.
Stealth: 1D20+4 = [13]+4 = 17


(wolfs are much more steathy than maji!)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1328

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:13 pm

---- ((Before the hunt))
Dornikal nods somberly at Galt.

"Aye'm sure Szartha will have ye both back. There are no maybes, aye know ye two can."

Turns his head and watches Hagorth shoot some illusions before looking back and saying,

"Aye feel Dumathoin's path for meh is leading meh away from yer company... But ye can always count meh as a friend, if ye choose to."

--- ((On the hunt))

:ninja:

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5028
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:56 pm

Randy looks at the others. "Okay, so they'll drive the goats this way. We hit them when they get close enough. With Maj out there in wolf form, they probably won't pay us much attention. Just be sure you're shooting at a goat, not Dornikal or Maj."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14660

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:40 pm

((Dornikal, give me a perception check please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1259
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:47 pm

He peers down into the latrine with curiosity for a few moments, but then he shakes his head and laughs, not enough gnome impulsiveness will make him poke around down there.

He heads out of the latrine area and checks out who else is around in the cave, still.

To those he shows his two gold piece fortune-find with a big smile. "I must say we have searched this place well! I took a very long time checking every nook and cranny and these two gold are all I scrounged up. Not that I am complaining about them. They will buy enough produce in the next town to feed our entire group a good gnome cooked meal." (yeah, you see what I did there)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14023
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:23 pm

"You know, a year ago, I was travelling and performing in towns and country fairs for a few coppers a day. Finding two gold would have made my month! ...isn't it strange how fortunes can turn so quickly, that two gold seems hardly anything now.

I, at least, am glad I met you all!"

((For timeline's sake, I assume Coljin is arriving in the middle of Holger's ring-retrieval? It's kind of fun if so, and also helpful for Nem's current plan)).

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14660

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:41 pm

((Sure!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1328

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:35 pm

((The other perception rolled as he stealthed to sneak up on the goats still okay?
Listening and watching while sneaking up on some goats: 1D20+4 = [20]+4 = 24))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14660

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:32 am

((Ah, sure.))

Dornikal makes his way around the canyon, and sets up in a small cluster of rock, scanning the surroundings before entering. It is then that he notices a low, lupine form slipping from shadow to shadow across the way.

((Maji, make a Perception check please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15093
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:47 am


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14660

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:54 am

Maji, as you're sneaking about, you just barely spot a dwarf shaped boulder across from you.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1328

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:58 am

Dornikal pulls out a javelin and equips his shield as quickly and quietly as possible. He gauges the distance to the wolf creature but holds his throw in case he hasn't been spotted.

Maybe it will flush the goats for him.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15093
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:05 am

Maji perks his ears slightly at seeing the dwarf. He watches his movements as being somewhat aggressive twords him and raises a paw and waves at Dornikal and resumes sneaking.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1328

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:14 am

Dornikal blinks and squints at the wolf. Did it just wave at him? Can a wolf's legs even bend like that? Must have been a trick of the light.

He stays motionless as he watches the wolf work it's way down the canyon towards the herd until it has moved out of sight before following slowly behind, javelin ready.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15093
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:41 am

More like something like this. (Not sure what you were thinking of)
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1328

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:45 am

((That but not sitting, which was just freaky))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15093
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:10 am

( Okay I see where you are getting at now. You'd think I'd learn and be more specific but I don't. I meant it to be more like the doggo in pic)

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6745

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:06 pm

"I think you were right, you know! I lt does suit me!"

"Maybe with the other jewelry, but it doesn't do your eyes justice though."

Holger seems friendly/happy enough about it but he can't help but feel like Tess is trying to get the upper hand against him. He keeps his hands tucked away for now though.

"It's an interesting ring and it should certainly be useful."

"I assumed as much when I decided to buy it. So what does it do?"

When Coljin gets there, interrupting and unknowingly assists Tess in undermining Holger even further Holger will smile at his arrival. Coljin wasn't one to gang up on people and a calming influence on the rest of the group.

"I for one will look forward to that meal, one gets an appreciation for the simple comforts after a long time traveling and the exhilerating events where we get to be the people in the stories and songs."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14023
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:11 pm

Nem grins at him.

"It detects magical forgeries. Illusions, transmuted gold, that sort of thing. It's a pretty handy tool for a merchant, but I'm sure we can put it to good use ourselves."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5028
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Randy closely watches for things to start happening across the way.

perception: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 14660

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:54 pm

The goats seem to be calmly eating leaves from what you can see.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14023
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:08 pm

((I assume Holger is being paranoid via PM right now? :P ))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15093
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Maji slowly walks the other side, prowling. He gets in position, ready to chase them towards Randy and the others at any moment. He waits for a few minutes for the dwarf to get in position, knowing that he moves slower than he does.

After he thinks the dwarf is in position or if the dwarf acts (whichever comes first), he sneaks up on one of the goats and lunges for it.

surprise bite attack: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [7, 20]+4 = 24
2D4+2 = [4, 1]+2 = 7

surprise bite attack (crit!): 2D4 = [1, 3] = 4

User avatar
Rodgeir
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1328

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:59 pm

Dornikal sets up a ways back from the wolf and watches it attack the herd. If the goats break the wrong way he will step out of hiding and yell while slapping his shield with the javelin.

If they keep coming he will chuck the javelin at the lead goat and pull another to throw.

((I'll hold off doing any rolls until told as there are a lot of conditionals there.))

Post Reply