The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15186

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:38 am

((Sorry to do this to you, but they took the Dodge action after standing, can you give me a second attack roll please?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6905

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:55 am

How far away is Holger from the closest one?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15186

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:16 am

((125 ft. ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
BadgeAddict
Saves-A-Hyena
Posts: 8659
Location: Ohio

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by BadgeAddict » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:17 am

TaleSpinner - A Story-Writing Adventure Game
The ones who challenge and break the rules created by the current Authorities, are the harbingers of change.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15186

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:20 am

Zephyr unleashes a firebolt that clips one of them in the shoulder despite his efforts to dodge it, eliciting a pained yelp.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1479
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Sep 14, 2018 10:47 am

Coljin smiles as Zephyr, predictably, makes good with some damage. "Make them come to us." he reminds all in earshot. He will try another potshot with his Crossbow.

Crossbow attack with disadvantage: 2D20.LOW(1)+3 = [11, 4]+3 = 7


"Spoons," he laments after his shot and then he'll move 10 feet north and 10 feet west to get a bit closer to Zephyr, but still staying well within the campsite.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15186

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:05 am

((Ulmwin, taking that shot?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:52 am

((Are we talking a shot with just disadvantage? Are they in range of vicious mockery?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15186

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:26 am

((All are within disadvantage range, but two are in regular shot range. None in VM range.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:41 am


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15186

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:59 am

Ulmwin fires off a bolt at one of the two near Randy, the projectile punching through it's robes as the fellow flinches.

Zephyr shooting off a firebolt spurs Szartha to action, with Tren not far behind, both shooting at the same target as the tiefling. Szartha's bolt just misses, while Tren manages to clip the shoulder that didn't get firebolted, spinning him back around.

Szartha;Tren: 1D20+7 = [4]+7 = 11
1D20+4 = [8]+4 = 12

Szartha;Tren: Dis: 1D20+7 = [5]+7 = 12
1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20

Tren: Xbow: 1D8+2 = [4]+2 = 6



Turn Order:
Robed men
Dornikal?? - status unknown
Ulmwin
Randy
Zephyr
Tren
Coljin <---------------------
Szartha
Holger
Galt
Maji?? - status unknown
Tess?? - status and location unknown

Renny - playing tarp fort
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15576
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:18 am

Hmmm....While I am waiting on Maji to get up, can I make a suggestion for Szartha? If there are 2 or more enemies in a line, he can breath attack them. Preference on those being closest to Szartha and his crew. If not he can firebolt the closest.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5398
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:44 am

((Did Randy get skipped?))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14793
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:44 am

((doesn't look like it - Zephyr just went, now it's Coljin.))

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6905

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:53 am

Holger will move towards the closest one and shoot an eldritch blast with tide of chaos advantage.

Can't roll now though
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15186

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:22 am

((Randy switched to melee.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1479
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:24 am

Coljin will shoot another bolt at the one that has been getting damaged.

Xbow, disadvantage.: 2D20.LOW(1)+3 = [4, 5]+3 = 7

He will move 10 feet north after his missing another shot.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15186

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:32 pm

((Fork. Forum ate my post.))

Coljin fires a bolt off past the south most guy on the ledge, as Szartha grumbles about them being out of range and sets the crossbow aside to use a firebolt, which does manage to hit the guy pretty solidly, eliciting cries of pain as he pats at the scorched robe covering his chest.

Szartha: Firebolt: 1D20+5 = [20]+5 = 25
2D10 = [4, 9] = 13

Szartha: Firebolt: DIS: 1D20+5 = [14]+5 = 19


Holger moves up and takes a carefully lined up shot, but didn't put much heat on it, the eldritch blast barely cracking with energy as it impacts the target.

Holger: EB with Tides: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24
1D10 = [1] = 1


Image

Gripping the hilt of his greatsword, Galt flows across the sand, moving fluidly from one swordsman's stance to another as he seeks an opening against the east most of the robed figures that had emerged from the sand. When one presents itself, he slices downward, the blade shearing through robe to leave bare chest exposed, the force staggering his foe backward and almost forcing him to the sand. The well muscled half-orc looms over the smaller opponent, his blade upraised. Randy notices off-hand that no blood stains the sand, nor Galt's blade.

Galt: Greatsword: 2D20.HIGH(1)+7 = [1, 12]+7 = 19
2D6+5 = [5, 6]+5 = 16


Image

The little guy hit by Galt lopes around him, focusing in on Randy. Galt takes the opportunity to strike at him, the blade knocking him forward, but not interrupting his stride as he moves closer to the ranger. Reaching up, he lowers the veil shrouding the lower part of his face, to reveal a scar crookened grin in a swarthy bearded face.

"...I think it's time we end this..."

"...don't you?...", chimes in the 'kneeling man' from the other side as he approaches Randy as well, their twinned faces grinning as they gaze at him.

((Two WIS Saves from Randy please!))

The south most figure advances on Galt, who shakes his head in response to something before regripping his sword.

WIS Save: Galt: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21


The other two, that had previously been headed towards Randy shift their approach, both heading towards Galt now, smiling that same smile in that same face as they lower their veils.

"Ra--...", Galt calls out in warning before the greatsword topples from senseless fingers and he falls backwards on the sand.

WIS Save: Galt: 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4
1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18


Image

The robed figure that had been pelted with firebolts and eldritch blasts while ducking crossbow bolts staggers backward, vanishing from view over the back of the dune. The other three glance at him as he goes, but hold their positions, looking down at you from above.

Suddenly, one of the mules gives a start, stamping a hoof and snorting. The others pick it up, and looking about for cause, Holger and Tren notice to the east, a whole group of skulking figures, more small men in robes, as well as some sort of canine companions.

"More of them, to the east!", Tren calls out.

Their approach discovered, the men and their 'dogs' sprint towards the camp, grinning, swarthy faces framed by a close cropped beard. Those on the ridge drop their own veils, revealing the same smile in the same face, and head down the dune, their task of distraction at an end as two of them take cover among the stonework.

Image

Tess, you come to your senses to find a ferret jumping up and down on your face, softly chirping with worry. As you become alert, you get mental images from Ily's perspective of hiding within your illusion until the robed men left.

Turn Order:
Ily
Robed men
Dornikal?? - status unknown
Ulmwin <---------------------
Randy
Zephyr
Tren
Coljin
Szartha
Holger
Tess
Galt?? - status unknown
Maji?? - status unknown

Renny - playing tarp fort
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5398
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:07 pm

wisdom: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23

wisdom: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23 :shock: :confetti: (( double crits! ))

Randy, wise to this trick now (and maybe with some divine intervention), is not phased at all. He grins nastily back at the speakers. "I am the strong left hand of the All Mother, scum, and I couldn't agree more! Shall we dance?"

(( :chuckle: Little trash talk from Randy, who's giving credit where he feels it's due.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15186

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:29 pm

The pair of grins falters a bit, eyes flicking to the flames lapping up your blade.

((Nicely done!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5398
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:43 am

(( :lol: The classic "Oh sh*t, that didn't work! " moment works both ways! Holger isn't the only one with an appreciation for showmanship! ))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14793
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:16 am

Initiative: 1D20+2 = [2]+2 = 4


((Do you want a new init roll for Ily or is his first one still ok?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15186

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:34 am

((I forget what his old one was, so I'll take new?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14793
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:36 am


User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:25 am

Ulmwin still a decent distance away, is just going to sprint closer this round... Or is the one on the very top right just barely in range for vicious mockery or dissonant whispers if he just shifts closer..?

Post Reply