The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15390

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:16 pm

((That's why I gave you proficiency on the check, so it'd be another +2 on top of your modifier. :D))

Randy doesn't need much to be able to gauge the ink to be at least archival quality, and likely plenty suitable for Tess's needs.

((Then 1145 copper and 305 silver.))
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5523
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:36 pm

Randy observes the flow of the ink onto the parchment, it's uniformity of color, and how well it dries, does it smear, etc.
He holds it up to the light to examine it closely. "Yes," he murmurs, " It appears to be at least of a quality sufficient for calligraphy for holy works. What's good enough for the gods should be sufficient for spells, I would think. I'll take it." He pays up the requested amount. "I hope you don't mind change. I'd like to lighten my load some."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15390

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:40 pm

"I'd rather gold, like I said, we're hard pressed to make it to the next well as it is, so would like to do any trading quick. I'll take your copper, is you're looking to unload it, but at the standard five percent."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5523
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:46 pm

"Very well."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15390

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:55 pm

((If the loot page is correct, you're only sitting on 26 copper, but have a bunch of silver? In that case, he'll slide a bit off the transaction fee and call it 64 gold and 1760 silver.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12175

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:26 pm

"And who of these good fellows might have a hand crossbow, then..? Are they new, or used..?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15390

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:33 pm

"It's right here, field tested, but not worn. Seventy five gold..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5523
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:36 pm

(( I'm assuming it is. Banker Badge has been doing the updates on that for me ( and much appreciated it is! :) ). ))

Randy takes the ink set and waves Tess down. "I seem to recall you were needing some ink for spell work? " He gives the set to her.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15005
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:19 pm

Nem recalls Ily and heads back down to the others. When she sees Randy's gift she let's out a little sqeual of delight and gives him a hug.

"Thank you!! That's so sweet of you! How much do I owe you for them?"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12175

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:53 pm

"That seems alright, yeah... Let me give it a couple practice shots and then we can shake hands on it?" Ulmwin offers- Doing just that. Barring that he can spot any defects that'd have him reconsider, or perhaps at least try and haggle for a little discount, he's happy to pay the 75 gold, however.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5523
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:59 pm

Randy gives Tess a crooked grin. " Don't worry about it right now. You can pay me back for what you use later. Given that we seem to keep running into things that are only vulnerable to magic or special weapons, I consider it an investment in self-preservation. I might need your help some day to keep from getting killed." His grin gets a little broader. " I believe I would consider that a more than even trade."

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6960

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:48 am

Holger stiffles a laugh when he hears Randy and Tess. He cast minor illusion to whisper in Randy's ears at a distance and silent image.

"Why not throw your money at the magic you've relied on the most?"

An arcane swirl manifest in front of Tess' face briefly as the whisper continues.

"That too comes along with a pretty face. Maybe buying her love? She loves that, so I'll play your game!"

During the whisper, the swirling energy will take the form of Holgers grinning head covering Tess' head. It seemingly does the talking after it appears. As it says game it will shift over to cover Randys head and wink at Tess.

"I too have a present you'll love.. Me!.. And a couple of scrolls you might find useful alongside his gift."

A hand will appear and motion to the illusionary Holger head with a super cocky smile. It vanishes at the end and real Holger will whistle innocently
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15390

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:09 am

Holger's jealousy has him burning through spell slots. :P
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6960

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:11 am

At least that's how it seems to outsiders :lol:
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15390

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:35 am

((Well, it'd take at least a three castings of silent image to accomplish that, so I think you've burned through five 1st level slots at this point?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5523
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:44 am

Randy looks blandly at Holger. "You're welcome to use it too if you need it. I purchased it for the team to use. I knew Tess needed it, so I offered it to her first." His expression then becomes rather bleak. "Besides, I wouldn't recommend a close relationship to one as god-ridden as I've become."
Randy looks at Holger a moment, his eyes narrowing in thought.

insight: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15

"You wouldn't know anything about what that's like now, would you Holger?"

The question comes out half question, half challenge.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6960

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:49 am

spiderwrangler wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:35 am
((Well, it'd take at least a three castings of silent image to accomplish that, so I think you've burned through five 1st level slots at this point?))
None as it is at will from my warlock invocation, also I believe changing it and moving it can be done with the same spell?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15390

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:14 am

((Oh, you've got the Misty Visions invocation? No worries then, silent image as much as you want!))

((Holger, if you'd rather send me a private roll in counter to Randy's insight, you can do that.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15005
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:22 am

Nem laughs at the illusion and rolls her eyes before turning to Holger.

"I do believe you just called me a whore, Holger Starwind." She teases.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15677
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:09 am

Maji facepalms as he sees several illusions of Holger. He writes in large letters, Why?

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6960

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:15 am

"Randy I jest, I've not done any of this for your money. Simply testing if you still are as serious as ever even with a beautiful woman squealing with joy in front of you. You certainly passed!"

"I do believe you just called me a whore, Holger Starwind."

Holger will gasp with a mocking disgust! It shifts to a smile as he continues to try taking Randy out of his comfort zone.

"Why I would never! All we're trying to buy is the sight of your lovely smile. Don't know any whores that sells those.

"Besides, I wouldn't recommend a close relationship to one as god-ridden as I've become."

"You wouldn't know anything about what that's like now, would you Holger?"

"Can't say that I do. I'm far to hedonistic for most god-ridden people to engage me in that way. Nor can I claim a god is interfering in my life as you do though I'm sure a man of my talents could peak their interest if one were to work towards it, but I'll let you keep that pleasure."

Holger keeps the smile up not seeming too serious or knowing what Randy is trying to imply.


@burns just one of his head at Tess and Randy :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15390

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:20 am

Randy, the man seems sincere. Arrogantly self assured, but sincere.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5523
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:33 am

Randy goes poker faced and slowly nods. His eyes go distant, almost as if he's listening to or remembering something. They refocus on Holger's face and he gives him a little tip of the hat, then walks back to the wagons, leaving the ink set with Tess. "Alright folks! Let's wrap it up and get ready to move on! Our friends from the east want to get to the next well soon, and we need to get moving ourselves."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15005
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:37 am

Nem laughs again.

"Holger, if you ever want to enjoy my company again, I suggest you stop talking about purchasing parts of me!"

((She's teasing him, but there's some sincerity to it))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15390

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:38 am

((The hand crossbow seems to work just fine, and Eravin accepts Ulmwin's 75 gold.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply