The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5539
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:39 pm

Randy helps with the burial, salutes the grave with the lit sword, and then proceeds back to the caravan. He unobtrusively sticks nearer Tess until he sees how the group reacts. Once he's sure that everyone is more or less accepting things, he'll go back to scouting.

perception: 1d20+3 = [16] = 19

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:44 pm

Dornikal will return to rear guard watch.

He is bringing his A game as he wonders who else is in disguise and what they are running from.

Rear guard perception 3: 1D20+4 = [1]+4 = 5

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15031
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Nem gives Holger a mischievous smile as she heads back to the carts. "Do you think they'll notice?"

When Randy gets back to the caravan, Nem is waiting to speak to him.

"I'd like those bracelets, love."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5539
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:16 pm

Randy hands them over.

"If you want to talk about anything, I'll be up front." He gives her a smile and a squeeze on the shoulder and moves up to take his scout position about 50 ft. forward again.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15031
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:34 pm

She smiles and squeezes his hand back. "I'll talk to you when we camp."

She shrugs off her gear, tosses it inside her comfy cart and hops up after them. After a bit of fussing over the cushions, she pulls out her spellbook and begins casting Identify as a ritual on both the shackles and the ring.

Spider:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6971

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:43 pm

Holger will give Tess an oblivious look of not understanding what she means.

"Notice what?"

He can't help but chuckles and smiles shortly after she reacts to that, ready to tease her a bit more.

"Lack of makeup makes you seem almost inhumane. Glad to see this side of you outside the wagon though."

When Tess asks for the bracelets he'll turn serious though.

"I thought a bit about it and come the the conclusion that we should use them instead. Find a scrying spell and use them as a focus to locate the previous owner or the creator of them."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15031
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:04 pm

Nem's eyes flash angrily when Holger suggests using the damned things, but it fades when she hears what he's actually suggesting. She just looks exhausted.

"I... don't know if I can do that.

Love, I've been running away from this a long time and I'm not ready to go looking for it again. Today is already a lot. Just this. I just want that to be enough."

She kisses his cheek and hops up to the wagon.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15425

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:43 am

Dornikal, Coljin and Randy see to the mortal remains of the woman, swaddled in the red scarf Tess left behind to contain them. Any pretense shed, she walks towards the caravan with Holger, horns and eyes out (so maybe a bit of pretense, if she's not letting the tail free) followed a few minutes later by those seeing to the burial.

Szartha, Galt and Tren react with varying levels of surprise at her horned, casual appearance. Which may or may not be noticed by Tess, depending on her level of interest in what they seem to think.
The dragonborn nods, as if a few nagging thoughts click into place, while Galt raises a finger as if to ask a question, only to be roundly, but quietly, chastised by Tren, who speaks to him for a few moments, before she nods and smiles apologetically in Tess's direction.

Tess climbs aboard the wagon, and handing her reigns off to (Holger?), pulls out her spellbook and begins poring over it.
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6971

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:06 am

Holger will direct the kiss to his lips instead before holding her close to him.

"WE definitely can! It won't happen for some time but when it does, I'll be ready. So will Ulmwin, Randy, even Zephyr will leap to your side and the rest will too! We'll do it without you if we have to, because there are others in this world that deserves the joy you and her had from gaining your freedom."

Holger will gesture towards the resting place of the former captive.

"Hers was undeservedly brief, but her dancing suggested that even that was better than before. For now let's just focus on mourning her passing, celebrate her freedom and tell her story as she would have wanted it to be."

Holger will let Tess go into the wagon smiling tenderly at her. He'll find Ulmwin to brush off some of the seriousness of all this before taking the reigns of the wagon instead of Tess.


"Think I should make claim on Randy's part of the loot from the snake temple? He said he would offer it to me in case I wasn't cursed. I'm now less cursed than the rest of you and haven't been more cursed than he was in the first place so think it'll apply?"

((Nice of you to post a link back to that moment Thinks, I had forgotten about Randy's promise of treasure for not being additionally cursed :lol: ))
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15031
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:38 am

"Fork. Fork fork fork."

Nem takes off the ring (holding it) and goes up to the front of the cart to sit next to Holger. She doesn't say anything, just leans against him and watches the road for a while.

((The tail requires a little tailoring, but she'll do that at camp))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5539
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:00 am

(( Not additionally cursed. Just cursed. Holger was claiming immunity if I recall...))

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6971

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:40 am

Holger will put his arm around Tess and just silently try to comfort her for now.

((Holger didn't claim anything other than releasing the skeletons was just as surprising to him as to the rest :P
It seemed more about if Randy was wrong about Holger being cursed in a way affecting his personality. Not bringing it up to actually grab your loot, Holger just want to gloat a bit about being less cursed than the rest of you after all the shit he got that night. He's trying to keep his grudge somewhat friendly and jokingly now, rather than being full on angry about it :P))
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5539
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:06 am

(( Eh. If Holger were to ask nicely and give a good reason for it, Randy'd probably give it to him. Randy tends to be more group centered. ))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15702
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:10 pm

Maji trots in front of the other wagons, oblivious of what happened and eager to see the dragonborn tribe.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15425

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:10 am

You travel on through the rest of the evening, with Maji taking over one of the wagons for half of the day, you're able to keep on pace, reaching the well by morning. However, the metal cap at the top of the well is partially mounded over by sand, a dune having shifted and buried half of the camp.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:06 am

Dornikal proceeds to clean off the well as best he can.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15425

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:08 am

((Just for the sake of letting the dice speak, let's have an Athletics check?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:15 am

Clearing some sand athletically: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26


Dornikal clears the well...then a few dunes out of the way.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15425

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:26 am

Dornikal tucks to with a shovel, and in a surprisingly short amount of time, not only has the lid cleared, but undercuts the dune to release any pent up avalanches from sweeping down and burying his efforts. As he does, the dune face slips, but is diverted and collapses harmlessly to the side.

"I'd say you earned yourself a pass on bucket duty.", Galt calls out, gesturing for the newly un-horsed Maji to help him with the lid to the well. In relatively short order, buckets of fresh water are being drawn up and provided for the mules, as well as topping up your stores.

It's after midday when the droning buzz of the dunes starts up again... jolting you out of your rest.

((If you're attempting to sleep through it again, it'll be another WIS save.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15702
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:34 am

Maji helps Galt lift the metal lid.

Wis check: 1D20+5 = [11]+5 = 16
Tonight Maji sleeps decently enough not to get exausted.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12194

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:38 am

Ulmwin is gonna be looking for some kind of clothing scrap he can plug in his ears to try and stifle the noise after last night... A reasonable man might consider that's gonna leave him at a disadvantage if something actually important is gonna happen, but that's not really on the forefront of an already rather sleep deprived gnome.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5539
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:45 am

Wisdom: 1d20+3 = [5] = 8

Randy spends another hot day wishing he could hide his head under a pillow without suffocating.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12194

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:49 am

WIS save: 1D20+1 = [10]+1 = 11


Ulmwin manages to sleep... Barely.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1561
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:58 am


User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:03 am

Sleeping during the buzz: 1D20+2 = [12]+2 = 14


Dornikal is tired enough to sleep through the buzz.

Post Reply