The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15849

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:26 pm

((There's no knob or handle, just the knocker. You trying to dig your fingers into the edge of it? If you are, it doesn't budge.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15346
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:59 pm

Nem slaps her hand to her forehead and Messages Ulmwin:

"Are you alive in there?"

((She'll cast it from about 30 feet away from the door.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15849

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:11 pm

No response.

((She'd be able to deduce that the spell might be blocked or non functional due to range, or the stone of the tower being thick enough to prevent it.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7050

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:46 pm

He'll talk to the tower and watch what happens to the sign afterwards.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5694
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:59 pm

(( Talking to inanimate objects is not necessarily a good sign you know. :P ))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15849

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:07 pm

The sign remains the same.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7050

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:16 pm

((Says the one knocking on random magic doors on magically appearing towers :P ))

Holger will look towards the others to see what they want to do.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15346
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:21 pm

Well, she'll try Randy with the same Message and then give up on that approach.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15934
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:22 pm

He puts his hand on the knocker, then looks at Holger to see his reaction.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15849

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:25 pm

((No response from Randy via message either.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7050

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:18 pm

Holger sighs at Maji but won't do anything towards stopping him or going away from the door.

"That would play straight into their hand, giving those in the tower exactly what they want."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15934
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:30 pm

Maji looks confused but he lets the knocker go. He points at Holger then motions his hand talking then points at Tess.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15849

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:54 pm

As Maji lets the knocker go, he starts gesturing at Holger, but a soon as the knocker lands, the silver bubble burbles out and engulfs him. When it retracts once again, Maji is gone.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15346
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:05 pm

"Huh."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2695

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:18 pm

Dornikal calls forward to Tess,

"Did Maji just go in too? Weren't ye gonna wait an hour?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15346
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:31 pm

"I was, yes. Seems Maji had different ideas."

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7050

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:16 am

"What a shame"

With a sarcastic remark and a shrug with his shoulders, Holger decides to go around the tower and check it out from all sides. He'll look for alternate ways in and signs on who this tower belongs to.

Holger investigation: 1D20+2 = [19]+2 = 21
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15346
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:51 am

Assuming nem saw how the knocker worked on Maji, she'll move up to it and cast Identify as a ritual, warning Holger first.

((She's touching it vrry lightly, NOT letting it knock))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15849

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:20 pm

She picks up that it serves as a short range teleportation device, presumably to somewhere within the tower.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15849

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:21 am

Holger doesn't find any other entrances besides the door and knocker (other than trying to scale it and hope there's a way in at the top), and eventually, an hour passes.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2695

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:26 am

"So yer heading in then?" Dornikal asks the remaining members of the original team.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15849

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:33 am

"Might be a bit late to say this, but what if they got attacked as soon as they went in... They could all have been dead or captured for the last hour, and we wouldn't know. If you guys just go in a few at a time, it could give anyone inside an easy way of dispatching us one by two.", Galt muses.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Lecturer in Training
Posts: 2695

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:15 am

"Ye suggesting they all go at once?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15346
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:16 am

"Or teleported straight into a trap. I can't tell where the door takes people, but it's entirely possible it will kill us when we knock. I have a bad feeling about this place."

She reads the sign next to the door again in case it's changed.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7050

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:12 am

Which spells do you know and have ready to use? Any protective spells?"

Holger will adress the various spell casters in the group trying to assess a good strategy.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Post Reply