The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17143

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:24 am

Dornikal wrote: "Ye suggesting they all go at once?"
"Just saying we've got no information, and would be going in blind. If there's something taking folks out as they go through, going one at a time is just making it easy. If it's something that CAN take everyone out at once, that's no worse than going through one by one."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16335
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:31 am

"I've got a few, but nothing that would necessarily help... The shield spell is useful, and I have feather fall if we're all teleported over a drop. Most of the others are designed to avoid battles more than anything else. I can't reach the others with Message right now, so they're either incapacitated, out of range, or the stone is blocking the spell... I suppose we should just ask Ily what happened in there."

Nem snaps her fingers and (tries to) recall Ily to her shoulder.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7273

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:06 pm

Did the sign say anything?

"How about you Szartha? Got any note worthy spells you could cast on us in case it has turned ugly in there? In any case, take this rod and plant it in the ground close to the tower if we haven't returned tomorrow. It'll cause a local earthquake and hopefully take down the tower with it.

I'll try to signal you with an illusion if I can get to a place where I can cast it outside the tower. That is, if you are fine with staying here as we try to get the others out."


Holger will proceed to show a signal of it's good, bad and put the rod in the ground and run!
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17143

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:13 pm

Ily pops into existence on Tess's shoulder, a bit bored, and nuzzles his way into her scarf.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16335
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:43 pm

"Well I assume it wasn't a death trap then."

Nem attempts to get Ily to show her what he saw, heard and smelled inside the tower. At least as best as he can :)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17143

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:55 pm

► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16335
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:02 pm

Nem laughs at the vision.

"I believe there's an old man inside waiting to serve us tea and cakes. Ily seemed to have quite a nice time digging through his cushions. The others are just waiting I think. It still might be a trap, but it seems like a slow one if so. Shall we go?"

((Nem says all of this to the whole group.))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3839

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:18 pm

Dornikal rubs his thickening beard stubble.

"Okay...Are ye all going in then?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16335
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:49 pm

"I am curious to see who this gentleman is. Will you be joining us, or staying with the caravan?"

Whenever everyone's done discussing things, Nem will knock the knocker.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3839

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:28 am

"Unless Szartha says otherwise meh job is to guard the caravan. Don't want to leave it vulnerable...or at least more vulnerable."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17143

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:22 am

"I don't think one more will make a difference out here, but if it is trouble, you might make a difference in there. Besides, I trust you to speak for us, if talking is on the table."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2059
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:24 am

"I can cast resistance on one of us right before we use the knocker, but that's about it."

Coljin will cast it on Holger if he wants it at that time.
"Yes, let us go in."

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7273

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:35 am

"Sure let's do this. Since I got the spell on me, would you want me to go through a moment before the rest of you?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17143

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:16 am

Holger wrote: "How about you Szartha? Got any note worthy spells you could cast on us in case it has turned ugly in there? In any case, take this rod and plant it in the ground close to the tower if we haven't returned tomorrow. It'll cause a local earthquake and hopefully take down the tower with it.

I'll try to signal you with an illusion if I can get to a place where I can cast it outside the tower. That is, if you are fine with staying here as we try to get the others out."
"I hope it doesn't come to trying to drop a tower with you inside it... Unfortunately, when it comes to magic, I'm only a few steps above a dabbler myself. If you need another light source, I can do that, and I can help to protect one of you from certain beings... fiends, undead, aberrations and the like... if the tower falls, I have a spell that would let me catch your bodies before they splat.", he grimaces, "...if I had it prepared. Didn't think there was much chance of falling in the desert."

((He's offering to cast light on something, and protection from evil and good on one of you, but doesn't have feather fall prepped.))

"I've been thinking though... whoever is going through should probably make sure they are within that silver bubble thing... I don't know what only being half in it would do. That might mean going in shifts?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2059
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:22 am

"I don't think it will matter that much, your call. It only last for a minute so I'll cast it on you, then we need to go."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3839

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:00 am

Dornikal nods at Szartha's suggestion,

"If ye think its worth it aye might as well try then. Maybe they need to hear about Dumathoin?"

Dornikal goes to stand close to the knocker, he doesn't want to get cut in half.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17143

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:20 am

"Don't know if it is or isn't... but if we get attacked by wyverns or snakes while we're waiting, worst case we can hit the knocker too!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2059
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:47 am

"We will try not to be too long, I hope." states Coljin as he has everyone who wants to head in with him, hold hands and huddle in close towards the door as he goes up on his tip toes and raps and door knocker. (He casts resistance on Holger right before he uses the door knocker)

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7273

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:43 pm

"Hey if it comes to taking the tower down, I assume we are in more trouble than the collapse will bring us. The protection spell would be good, but cast it on Coljin instead. He's the one most likely to be able to help the rest of us should something happen."

Holger will join Coljin at the door and motion to him to let the knocker go.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2059
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:02 pm

Coljin nods and instead casts resistance on himself and then goes for it. (I'm thinking Holger, Dornikal and Tess said they were coming, anyone else?) Coljin also has his shield on his arm.
Last edited by NotStickFigures on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3839

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:20 pm

Dornikal readies his shield and the spear.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17143

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:43 pm

"Oh, hey!" Zephyr speaks up. "I'll stay out here with the wagons if the dorf is going in, but someone take my sword. If I call it back to me, that's the signal that we're in trouble or here, and need your help as soon as you can get free."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7273

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:52 pm

"Good idea, see you soon hopefully."

Holger will grab the sword from Zephyr.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16335
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:47 pm

Nem goes inside while the others are talking and steps away from the landing pad when she teleports in. She doesn't want to get splinched or telefragged today.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17143

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:15 am

While the others are discussing things, Tess steps up, raps the knocker, and is swallowed by the silver bubble.

Zephyr hands off her sword, Szartha hurriedly casts a protection spell on Coljin, and the three of you step up to the door, Coljin reaching up a bit to raise it up and let it fall. The silver bubble wraps around all of you and you vanish from the desert floor.

Tess, as the bubble washes past you, the far side rushes towards your face, then past it, revealing not the door, but a circular room with a bronze, domed ceiling, the center open, but the outer walls just crammed full of bookshelves and work benches on two levels. In the center of the room, there is a stone pillar atop which is perched a large, complicated looking device, the main component of which seems to be a long, tapering tube, the wide end pointed towards a gap in the ceiling, and the narrow portion ending near a large chair surrounded by some sort of controls and many stacked books. Glancing around, you spot the other three not too far to the right, in a small sitting area, along with an extremely old dwarf, who is currently sipping from a large earthen mug.

You step to the side, and a few moments later, a silver bubble appears, seeming to emerge from a bronze hemisphere set into the wall, and fills the space inscribed by a half circle pattern on the floor. When the bubble retracts, it reveals Dornikal and Coljin, shields up and weapons at hand, with Holger looming over them, a rather serious look on his face.

"Well, it took yeh long enough.", the old fellow remarks, futilely running a hand through his wispy halo of white hair, the wild mess just springing back after his hand passes. At least when he strokes his beard, it serves to dislodge some crumbs that had found their way there.

"Suppose ye'll be wanting tea and scones too... Fergus!" Dutifully, a tray containing assorted canisters of tea lifts off of a side table, and awaits your selection.
► Show Spoiler

What happened in the tower while you were waiting outside...

► Show Spoiler
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply