The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16342
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:19 am

Nem ponders the note and moves to the side of the square, just watching the crowds, and keeping an eye out for any pickpockets or similar illicit behaviour. She's looking for someone to have a word with about her gold. Ily is above her on a low roof, watching people go by as well.

((Just rolled with adv, but Ily is +3 if you prefer them separate))

Perception: 2d20k1+4 = [16, 11] = 20

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17149

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:52 am

At first nothing jumps out to you, but you eventually spot a pattern of movement, a child in an alley, another trailing behind, as two run and dart in front of a wealthy looking gentleman, causing him to pull up short. The trailing child makes brief contact with him, moving to the one in the alley, before melding into the crowd as the one in the alley departs. The distraction children bow briefly as he seems to be scolding them, then duck away.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16342
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:43 am

Nem makes note of their faces, and sends Ily towards the alleyway to check it out for any other kids / adult "handlers". She moves to a quiet spot nearby (perhaps a doorway) slips the thin piece of wire out of her sleeve in a skill handkerchief as she dabs at her nose and whispers discreetly into it (over a couple of messages if need be, aimed at the oldest of the children):

"If you want to earn that you stole yesterday, I have a job for you. Meet me outside the bakery* at sunset and look for a woman with a cat. Do well, and there's another ten gold in it for you. Otherwise, some people you won't like are going to learn your faces and make your life much harder."

*I assume there's a notable bakery somewhere not too far away that she could direct them to?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17149

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:55 am

Ily finds an empty alley.

After you cast your spell... you get a startled response... sort of.

"Ah! Fork! A witch!"

((Sure, there's a bakery a block or two over, sign is a loaf of bread in front of some wheat stalks.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16342
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:59 am

Nem "sneezes" into her hanky.

"Oh I'm much worse than that. Don't cross me, kid. We're watching."

Nem will continue wiping her nose and watching the people go about their business, leaving Ily to watch the kids for her while she listens to the aftermath.

((Yeah... I wondered if that would happen. Ah well. Do you need rolls for nonchalant-ness or anything or is she ok with the distance and hanky?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17149

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:12 am

((Since you bring it up, sure, I'll take deception check. ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16342
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:18 pm


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17149

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:40 pm

"Ah-alright... Don't hurt me... "

A few passerby give wide berth to the woman silently talking to her hanky.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16342
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Nem smiles pleasantly at them as they walk by.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17149

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:50 pm

They scurry about their day.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7274

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:25 am

Holger returns his gestures with an incredulous look

"Bah, you think I'm going for elven propaganda or their notorious high pitched songs? You do know Dentauth's" Suite for the Seasons" was inspired by the elven bard Aust of the glade? It's very similar to his work, "Fall Blossoms". Elven music is often subtle and melodic, which is what you asked for. But I know other songs that should please your narrow demands. What kind of pay can I expect?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6079
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:48 am

(( :chuckle: Holger better be careful or he'll be the guest of honor at a "neck tie party". On a related side note, there seems to be a somewhat familiar feel to the current situation.... ))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17149

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:51 am

"Fiiiine."

"It's your first show, you'll get a meal after, and base rate of one gold. If it goes well, you get invited back, and we can go from there."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7274

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:26 am

Holger smiles broadly at Heinrik as their discussion comes to an end. He extends his hand to shake on the deal.

"Sounds good, It's been a pleasure to see your passion for the details in your work. See you tomorrow."

Holger will depart back to the inn and take a nap.

I'm hoping that Holger have been out and about for less than an hour so he can continue with his long rest :p

(I doubt anyone will try to hang Holger for not bending over backwards for a pompous stage manager, maybe he will be celebrated by those who have put up with him :lol)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17149

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:48 am

((Shopping party doing anything else?))

((Tess doing anything besides threatening children and weirding out the locals?))
► Show Spoiler
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16342
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:02 am

:lol:

Could she get to the guardhouse she went to yesterday and get back to the bakery she nominated by sunset?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17149

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:19 am

((Depends on what happens at the guardhouse, but sunset is probably a good 6 hours from now, though if it keeps raining, it'll be somewhat hard to see, and will get dark earlier than that.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16342
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:41 am

Ok cool, she'll head up there then, sending Ily of to scamper ahead along the roofs out of sight.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17149

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:47 am

You slog your way through the city, eventually arriving outside the command post of the city guard that you visited and made an ink mess happen.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7274

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:02 am

Rather than napping, Holger decides to do a bit of practice at the inn they are staying at as he waits for the others to get back.

► Show Spoiler
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16342
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:21 am

She'll pop inside and go and look for that guard she met yesterday, and also send I'll off to pad around the building sneakily and map it out a bit.

Ily stealth: 1d20+3 = [11] = 14

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6079
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:29 pm

(( Does the shopping party know the location for the "murder"? Otherwise Randy would be in favor of going back to the inn to try to get a better idea of where to look. That and stashing some of the purchases and changing into his "work" clothes. ))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3847

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:40 pm

((Dornikal doesn't know where the murder supposedly happened and is done shopping. Back to the inn sounds good.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17149

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:54 pm

((I can't recall if Jenneth told you or not, but you could ask her?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7274

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:02 pm

While waiting, Holger will grab the attention of one of the staff to ask a question out of curiosity.

"Were you here while my companions were here yesterday? The ones that stick out like a sore thumb. How'd it go after I dropped the big scaly guy off with them?"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Post Reply