The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7232

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Fri May 17, 2019 5:01 am

"Keep doing a good job, I'll see if the commander has changed his mind with my involvement with local affairs and do what I can for the survivor."

Holger nods to the guards, hands his staff to a mage hand he summons at the same time and heads away from the guards.

Once back with the others Holger will speak up again.

"Seems I've gotten a new reason to speak to the guard captain again and direction to where they likely buried the woman. Not sure if that's particularly useful unless one of you can communicate with the dead. But first of all we should go see if we can save one of the victims of the crime comitted here. Oh and Randy, please continue stroking my ego like that."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6000
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri May 17, 2019 5:47 am

Randy gives him a bit of a sardonic look. " Don't let it go to your head, 'M'lord'. If it get's too big, it might fall off." He resumes his masquerade as an aide. " It doesn't hurt to let them think you've some rank or high station. It'll make them worry a bit and cause them to be a bit more cautious in dealing with you. Not necessarily more cooperative, but they're more likely to be civilized in their obstructions." He gives a nasty grin. "Just remember that the height of civility in court sometimes involves a dagger in the back or poison in your cup."

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16465
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 17, 2019 6:18 am


User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16855

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 17, 2019 6:43 am

((Those are some bad rolls!))

Maji-rat tries again, and slips down to the bottom, then tries again, this time bopping his little rat head against a rock and taking enough damage that he suddenly reverts to dragonborn form.

((The 5 ft ledge, even though slippery with mucus, would not require a check from Maji to get over in this form.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16465
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 17, 2019 6:46 am

Maji gives a small sigh and carefully follows the trail, keeping to the shadows and listening for the guards as much as possible.


Stealth [1d20] = 14 per [1d20+5] = 11+5 = 16

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1940
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri May 17, 2019 6:57 am

Coljin will have walked around the block or worked on getting back to the group without walking past the guards area.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7232

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Fri May 17, 2019 7:10 am

"Just wielding magic like it's nothing has that effect, but we are not in court. The closest thing to a court they have been is their commander telling them to do their job in a different way suddenly. The intrigues of the courts are vying for power, but the common people are just fighting for survival. Titles mean trouble and work for intimidation on the ground, which I'm not really going for with these people as cautious people only talk when left without options and I'd rather be their other option."

Holger shakes his head and put his hand on Randy's shoulder and looks him in the eyes with concern.

"I thrive in this environment, I've used my magic openly without causing a commotion. I'm in control and am as save as one can be in life! I know the dangers of those privileged with powers and titles, granted my experience involve a lot more magic than daggers and poison. You on the other hand seem like a fish caught on land! How long have that church of yours, had you run errands and isolate you from the real world? I worry about you."
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16855

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 17, 2019 7:28 am

((Maji, it's pitch dark down here, what you doing for light?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6000
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri May 17, 2019 7:33 am

Randy shrugs. "Aye, probably too long on 'special errands'. My interactions in town have been mainly with ecclesiastical or secular courts as a courier or investigator. Tends to give one a skewed view of life. But if one interacts with those people, not necessarily an unwarranted one. It's the reason I prefer the assignments AWAY from all this. I've yet to have a pine tree try to stick a dagger between my ribs....although I'll admit that tree blight came close." he ends with a mutter.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16465
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 17, 2019 12:12 pm

Maji has a bullseye lantren that he can light up and have only a sliver of light so its less noticable.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16855

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 17, 2019 12:37 pm

Sure, he does that, and after exploring down the tunnel for a while longer, reaches a turn in the hallway and hears a scraping sound of movement ahead.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16465
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 17, 2019 5:25 pm

(Coming twoards him or away? And about how far?)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16465
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 17, 2019 5:25 pm

(Coming twoards him or away? And about how far?)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16855

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 17, 2019 5:52 pm

((Hard to say, just the one instance, and around the bend, but probably not too far, depending on acoustics? ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16465
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 17, 2019 6:57 pm

(Okay) Maji will dim the light further, nearly extinguishing is tas he slowly walks to the source of the sound.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16855

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri May 17, 2019 10:02 pm

((You mean hooded lantern, don't you? Bullseye projects a cone forward, hooded is the one that can be dimmed.))

It seems to open up into a larger space, but you can only see five feet around you to either side, so it's hard to make out much more detail than that. You do hear the soft lapping of water on rock, and can tell that there is a fair bit of moisture in the air.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7232

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:28 am

"The world outside the city isn't keener on us staying alive. You have a chance to lean back and relax and be merry. Please try to be merry. Kiss a woman, dance, kiss another, be slapped by the first one. You know all the pleasures life can bring."

Holger will start moving towards the infirmary as he teases Randy.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16855

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat May 18, 2019 5:59 am

((Who is going with, who is staying?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3651

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sat May 18, 2019 6:02 am

((Does Dornikal even know any of this is going on? If no one tells him he will probably just stay 'on watch' for another 15 minutes and then go looking for people.))

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7232

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:08 am

Rodgeir wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 6:02 am
((Does Dornikal even know any of this is going on? If no one tells him he will probably just stay 'on watch' for another 15 minutes and then go looking for people.))
Theis2 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:01 am
Once back with the others Holger will speak up again.

"Seems I've gotten a new reason to speak to the guard captain again and direction to where they likely buried the woman. Not sure if that's particularly useful unless one of you can communicate with the dead. But first of all we should go see if we can save one of the victims of the crime comitted here. Oh and Randy, please continue stroking my ego like that."
Dornikal should be able to participate in the conversation :)
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3651

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sat May 18, 2019 6:16 am

((Dornikal was standing by himself so 'with the others' may or may not have included him! Dornikal is always up for a trip to a graveyard.))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16465
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat May 18, 2019 6:34 am

Maji turns his light to go against the wall and he walks along side of the wall so not much light can escape but still allows him to see where he is going.

(No i mean bullseye. I didn't think of that there was much difference beteen the two. I thought a bullseye lantren had something that could make it dimmer, or control how much light can go out. Looking at pictures I was very much wrong.)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16855

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat May 18, 2019 6:53 am

(("A bullseye lantern casts bright light in a 60-foot cone and dim light for an additional 60 feet. Once lit, it burns for 6 hours on a flask (1 pint) of oil."
"A hooded lantern casts bright light in a 30-foot radius and dim light for an additional 30 feet. Once lit, it burns for 6 hours on a flask (1 pint) of oil. As an action, you can lower the hood, reducing the light to dim light in a 5-foot radius."

If you want it to have been bullseye, it directs it farther than normal in one direction, but it isn't dim-able. If you want it to have been hooded, then it is dim-able, but doesn't project as far.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7232

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:42 am

((Ulmwin and Coljin are the only others and M0rt is busy so I assume he's just sticking to Dornikal till people got back

In any case, Holger would like to include Dornikal.))
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6000
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat May 18, 2019 9:13 am

Theis2 wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 4:28 am
"The world outside the city isn't keener on us staying alive. You have a chance to lean back and relax and be merry. Please try to be merry. Kiss a woman, dance, kiss another, be slapped by the first one. You know all the pleasures life can bring."
"No thank you. If word ever got back to Jhessail, she'd probably change my head to that of a donkey. She can have a bit of a temper."

Post Reply