The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17147

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:48 pm

Tess sends Ily to scurry after Holger, which with his casual sauntering, isn't too difficult.

Randy, as you're stepping into the alley behind the guards, you hear your name being called, and see Holger a couple blocks away calling to get your attention. Apparently running isn't dignified, but if you wait for him to catch up, the rest of the guards, including Dornikal are going to be down in the sewers...

"Can't say I'm too familiar with dragonborn either... or dwarves for that matter, but if an elf wants to show up and help keep the city safe too, can't say as I'd turn them away."

Coljin's guard responds with bad language. "Ah, fork, fork fork... yeah, I'll take you there, fork... FORK!"

Praying a prayer of protection over him seems to at least calm him a bit, and he gets ready to wade further out.

The squad to the south forms up and readies their spears too.

Coljin's appointed guard swings him up and heads into the water, still muttering "fork" under his breath occasionally. The remaining two members of his squad are trying to keep an eye on things and make sure Ulmwin is safe too.

Image

Turn Order:

Octo-head
Coral-Shark
Squad B (spears readied)
Squad D (spears readied)
Squad E (spears readied)
Squad C
Anders
Coljin (32/32)
Squad A (spears readied)
Squad F (spears readied)
Ulmwin (37/37) <<<------------------------------------------
Maji (18/31)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6079
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:31 pm

"How about a wizard, sir? The one I work for is coming down the street now...."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17147

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:41 pm

((The squad leader is getting towards the end of the alley, and in conversation with Dornikal...))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6079
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:48 pm

Randy gives a loud whistle and repeats the question.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17147

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:50 pm

"Suppose it can't hurt, tell him to hurry it up, I'm not delaying so he can change out of his dress robes!"

He heads underground, the guards tromping down with him as the two guards at the end of the alley look at you expectantly, chain and padlock ready to close the gate.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6079
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:05 pm

Randy nods.
He turns towards Holger and yells down the street to him. "IF YOU"RE COMING, YOU'LL HAVE TO HURRY! WE CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER!"
He turns back and joins the rest of the group going down. "He's not a bad one to have in a fight. Pretty handy with fire spells, and not too bad with a knife..."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3847

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:40 pm

Dornikal looks over his shoulder but probably can't see Holger through the guards before continuing his conversation as he heads down the stairs with them, not waiting for Randy or Holger,

"Aye've met more elves than dragonborn an' as a group they be fine to work with, but ye can't trust'm just because they be elves. Same can be said 'bout any of the races aye'd wager."

Once down he quiets and starts looking and listening for his companions and for anything dangerous but must only be able to see the guard in front him's backside.

Perception: 1d20+4 = [2] = 6

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6079
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:48 am

Randy tries to move more quietly so he can hear more.

Stealth: 1d20+5 = [9] = 14
perception: 1d20+3 = [17] = 20

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12901

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:05 am

"Well, let's move then men! I'm ready to offer help when needed, but let's move up!" Ulmwin states, meanwhile playing a tune on his lute, targeting the far-away Maji (bardic inspiration)

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17147

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:40 am

((What's the range on bardic inspiration? Maji may be too far away.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12901

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:59 am

((60 feet. Too far?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17147

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:32 am

((He's closer to 80, but if you tell your guard to head you that way, I'd say you can Hold Action to inspire Maji once you get close enough. He just won't have it until "Squad F" in the order.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12901

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jun 13, 2019 5:54 am

((That's what I'll be doing then!))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17147

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:57 am

Ulmwin urges his guard to get him close to the front of things. The guard seems confused by him pulling out an instrument, but nods her agreement.

Image

Turn Order:

Octo-head
Coral-Shark
Squad B (spears readied)
Squad D (spears readied)
Squad E (spears readied)
Squad C
Anders
Coljin (32/32) (C: Resistance)
Squad A (spears readied)
Squad F (spears readied)
Ulmwin (37/37) (Held: Inspiration)
Maji (18/31) <<<------------------------------------------
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 7274

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:09 am

Holger takes a look at the animal following him, before casually talking.

"So Ily, am I going to have an "apprentice" joining me?"

Holger will hurry up a bit to not be left behind
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16558
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:59 am

Maji casts thunderwave, not trying to hit a guard but isn’t too fussed if he does.
Thunderwave dc 12 for half dmg and not pushed [2d8] = 8

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16340
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:05 am

Ily yowls at him and headbutts his calf, following Holger on to the sewer and paying attention to where the guard(s) keeps his keys.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17147

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:43 am

Maji claps his hands and water is blasted backwards in front of him, revealing the two creatures lurking beneath the water, the shark-headed one manages to keep its ground, while the octopus-faced one gets shoved backwards. One of the guards gets clipped too, crying out in surprise as she's shoved backwards, loosing her footing and splashing into the water.

"Hey, watch it!"
"Be careful!"
Her head pops up as she struggles to regain her feet, then there is a thrashing of a clawed arm and the water goes still...
The water swirls as Octo-head emerges from where it just killed a guard and lunges for Maji again, clawed arm going wide, but tentacles grabbing hold of his lantern arm and thrashing it about.
Coral-shark lunges for the other guard holding a lantern, again missing with both of its swings of its arms, but managing to chomp down on its lantern arm before releasing.
Both creatures slip below the murky, briny water, though tentacles still strain to pull Maji's lantern below the water.

Other squads around the room look around nervously, but keep an eye on their nearest tunnel, and keep spears at the ready.

The lantern carrier that got attacked by Maji thrusts into the water with his spear, but comes up empty.
The guard to Maji's left takes a stab at the tentacled creature, with them providing a better gauge of where it is, manages to strike.
The last guard in that squad steps up to try to hit the one that attacked his lantern carrying friend, but misses his strike too.
Anders similarly strikes down at Coral-Shark, managing to hit on both strikes.

From the south tunnel comes a warbling gurgle, and the sound of clicking feet accelerating as a horror bursts into the light, with a rider on its back. The creature itself is covered in overlapping plates, with four legs and a flat, armored tail. In addition to the legs it is charging the squad of guards with, it has two forward facing appendages ending in pincer claws on either side of a rounded, blunt head, with beady eyes, short antennae, and a beard of writhing tentacles surrounding its mouth. It gives the gurgling cry again as it charges the nearest squad of guards.

On its back is an almost human looking figure, long and muscular, but gaunt, with finned feet gripping the sides of its mount, barnacles growing along the arms and humanoid hands. The similarity to a human ends at the face, however, which is longer than any that would be found on a human, with a pair of inhuman eyes seated much higher than makes proportional sense, and a third where a nose ought to be, but isn't. It rolls its head as it crouches forward in the charge, a long, seaweed coated lance in its hands as it opens its mouth and burbles forth sea foam. The mouth itself is a horror, instead of teeth, it is lined with sharp edged mussels, which themselves open and shut independent of the jaws.

A lot of nasty to take in before they slam into the guards, but the guards had been ready, the farthest three throw their spears, two at the creature, and one at the rider. One of the thrown spears sticks in the charging creature, though not deep. As it closes, the lantern bearer manages to thrust between some of the armored plates of the steed.
Then the rider and steed close on the guards, the lance slamming into the lantern bearer right before the tentacle-lobster-dog reaches out a pincer and crushes him, flinging his body into the water and plunging that end of the cavern into darkness.
Image

((Ulmwin, this may change what you want your guard to do, he'd be asking when his turn comes around (Squad F), but you may use your held Bardic Inspiration on another target even if you aren't in range of Maji if you'd like.))

► Show Spoiler

Turn Order:

Octo-head
Coral-Shark
Squad B (spears readied)
Barnacle-Mouth
Squad D (spears readied)
Squad E (spears readied)
Squad C
Anders
Tentacle-Lobster-Dog
Coljin (32/32) (C: Resistance) <<<------------------------------------------
Squad A
Squad F (spears readied)
Ulmwin (37/37) (Held: Inspiration)
Maji (15/31) (Grappled)



Holger the "wizard" and "his" cat hurry to catch up, needing to sprint to catch up with Randy before they head below.

Just at the limit of Ily's range, Tess sees the guard pull a key from a pocket in preparation of locking the gate behind them. Then her vision and hearing returns to her own as they are gone.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2066
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:17 am

There are two different colors of water, I am assuming this is water level, maybe? Is there an area near Coljin where the water is not so deep that he can stand and not have to swim if set down by his gaurd?

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17147

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:27 am

((The grey in the lower right is land, you'd be able to stand waist deep for about 30 feet from that edge. So guard can set you down where you are now, it'd be difficult terrain, but but manageable.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2066
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:54 am

Coljin will cast guiding bolt at the horror with the spear.
Guiding bolt 1d20+3 = [15] = 18
Damage 4d6 = [6, 3, 2, 1] = 12

"Put me down please, you'll need your hands to fight, I think." he says to his guard and then he moves as far as he can to dry land to the south.

Oh, and on the trek down here he would have asked his guards name and told him his.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17147

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:20 am

((The rider, or the mount? Your assigned guard is David Yenns. ))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2066
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:24 am

The rider.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17147

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:11 pm

Coljin fires off a bolt of divine energy that impacts the rider, causing him to hiss a mussel-toothed hiss as he drops the lance to maintain his seat on his mount. Even as the radiance diminishes, the rider glows with a soft green glow within the darkened room.

With him illuminated, the squad that lost their light source is able to retreat to the relative safety of the light of another squad, putting themselves in front of Ulmwin as they each pull out a club to replace their thrown spears.

"Umm.. you still wanting me to carry you into the water?", Ulmwin's guard asks him.

Image

Turn Order:

Octo-head
Coral-Shark
Squad B (spears readied)
Barnacle-Mouth
Squad D (spears readied)
Squad E (spears readied)
Squad C
Anders
Tentacle-Lobster-Dog
Coljin (32/32) (C: Resistance)
Squad A
Squad F (spears readied) <<<------------------------------------------
Ulmwin (37/37) (Held: Inspiration)
Maji (15/31) (Grappled)
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16558
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Jun 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Maji glares at the octopus thing in anger, he thrusts his light at the human next to him and having him hold the light. Maji lets his rage (triggering rage) build before dragging the thing holding him twoards himself and wraps his arm around the creature, growling softly at it. If he has inspiration he’ll use it as well.

url=http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... 61&macid=0]Maji grapple [1d/0+2] = err[1d20+2] = 7+2 = 9[/url]
Oops error
Grapple [1d20+4] = 12+4 = 16

Post Reply