The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6251
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:27 am

Randy looks bemused. "Apparently not. Maybe his familiar then? Regardless, I don't think it's a threat to us, and it does seem to want out of that backpack quite badly."
He sheaths his sword and opens the pack the rest of the way, allowing the twig to exit.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:43 am

((How much water is still on the floor? Is the thing going to be in deep, for it, brine water?))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16710
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:21 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:06 pm
((Give me a Medicine check please.))
Medicine: 1D20+2 = [16]+2 = 18

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17669

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:01 pm

Tess does a decent job of playing her part in tending to the injured, at least well enough not to get kicked out of the tent. She finds a guard who is particularly dirty, and settles in to tend to him/eavesdrop.

"CL Anders brought us down, we had a pair of gnomes attach themselves as healers, and we found that tunnel that had been broken through the sewer wall. The CL had us station a squad there, while the rest of us swept the rest of the sewers."

"To make sure they couldn't ambush from behind?", the Commander asks.

"Yes, sir. Finished the sweep without turning anything else up, so we formed up and moved into the tunnels. Scouts heard something, but it was just a dragonborn the gnomes knew that was down there investigating too."

"A dragonborn? How'd it get down there?"

"I don't know sir, I didn't catch that part, but I guess it had scouted the full tunnel, and knew where these creatures were hidding. The dragonborn led us about a mile, and it opened up into a large room, with lots of tunnels, it was leading us to one when they came from the other tunnels and attacked."

"The dragonborn led Anders right into an ambush?!"

"Not intentionally, sir. We fought back, there were a lot of them, and they kept taking out our lanterns. We beat them back, but lost a number of our own."

"How do you know the dragonborn didn't bring you in so you could get ambushed?"

"The dragonborn fell too, sir, but the rest of us fell back into the tunnels, and were met by the reserves, who had picked up some volunteers, I think they knew the gnomes and dragonborn. Anders sent us back with the injured, and went back to finish the job. That was a few hours ago. Ummmm sir... why is it dark out?"

"Why is it... it's ok son. Rest easy, we'll see you're cared for.", the Commander moves off to speak to another guard.

The guard you're cleaning and dressing looks at you with concerned eyes before sighing and reclining his head.


((There is about an inch of water in the floor of the chamber, though it is becoming clear that it isn't quite level, as the southwest corner is mostly dry, while the north east corner has closer to a foot.))

The little sprig chirps as it pulls itself free, its little twig appendages carrying it across the pack to Maji's still body. It climbs up onto his shoulder and pats his cheek with a twig, chirping sadly(?).

It rights itself and moves into position next to a slash in Maji's shoulder, little rootlets sprouting from its base and feeling their way along Maji's side, the twigs growing and elongating with rapid twitches and jerks as the sprig quickly becomes a small sapling.

Randy and Dornikal, as the yew sprig begins growing, you notice that the gnomes and guards behind you are standing completely still...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:25 pm

Dornikal not wanting to miss whatever is happening casts a quick look behind him, to be sure nothing is sneaking up on them, before whispering to Randy,

"What in Dumathoin's beard is that thing doing to Maji's body?"

((Unless they are totally, unnaturally still?))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6251
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:29 pm

Randy straightens up with an alarmed look on his face. "What...?" He looks around the room trying to see if the freeze in activity extends past their immediate location. "It's feeding? Which I guess is all right, since as Druid, Maj would have wanted his body returned to nature anyway. But did it just freeze time around us?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17669

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Anders appears to be in midstep, balancing on the toe of his left boot with all of his weight out in front of it. Coljin looks to be praying, and Ulmwin's fingers are frozen mid strum.

Although... as you watch, it seems they are moving, just incredibly slowly, as Ander's right foot creeps towards the ground.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:47 pm

"Eating a body is one thing but how is this thing stopping time Randy? Is that a druid thing? Should we stop this?"

He raises his sword a bit.

((Dornikal got any insight into this?

What is happening: 1D20 = [11] = 11 + ?
))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17669

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:49 pm

((D's at a loss.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:05 pm

((Any chance his beard is filling in real quick like during the tree growth?))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6251
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:52 pm

Randy eyes the sapling. "If it's altering the passage of time, I'm not sure that we should or even COULD do something about it without regretting it afterwards. That's powerful stuff, even by wizard standards. There are dieties that can't do that."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17669

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:50 pm

Dornikal's beard is growing at the rate it usually does, although, given enough time, it might look really fast to Ulmwin, Coljin, and the guards.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6251
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:37 pm

Randy looks around with a bemused look. "Looks like we're stuck here for the moment." He then gets a gleam in his eye. "This is just too good an opportunity to pass up."
He goes over to Ulmwin and Coljin, picks them up and trades their places and turns them the opposite directions they were facing.
He then goes over to Holger, takes out two of his spare sacks. One he cuts up into strips about 3 inches wide. He uses one strip to first blindfold Holger. He ties another strip around Holger's jaw to the top of his head, like he has a toothache, snugging it up fairly tight. He takes his second sack and charcols a smiley face on it, then pops it over Holger's head.
He looks solemnly at Dornikal. "You saw nothing."
Last edited by Lurks_In_Shadows on Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 13072

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:20 am

"..."

"What the..?"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:55 am

"How long do ye think it will...What are ye...?" Dornikal watches Randy with an incredulous expression. He stays put next to the growing sapling, sword ready, checking it's progression.

((Guessing that once Randy steps towards the others he is going to slow down for Dornikal so none of the hijinks will get done :(.))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17669

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:30 am

As Randy moves towards the others, they start moving faster and faster. Darn, must have been temporary!

To Dornikal's perspective, Randy moves away slower, and slower, and slower, until he's barely moving too.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:51 am

Dornikal shakes his head and decides he needs to stay going normal speed so he can keep an eye on the tree thing eating Maji. Moving away might give it a chance to do something.

Turning to the sapling,

"Ye stick able to understand meh?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17669

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:59 am

It rustles its little branches at him and chirps as rootlets continue to encase the dragonborn like a shroud.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:02 am

"This going to take long?"

He waits for a reply before asking,

"An' wouldn't ye prefer to be up in the sun instead of down in a sewer?"

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6251
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:05 am

(( Too bad! :chuckle: Would have been interesting. ))

Randy obviously doesn't do any of the above. He informs the others. "The sapling growing over there next to Maj is affecting the local time flow somehow. The closer you get, the slower everyone else looks. I don't know how far reaching that field is or what it's affect elsewhere might be. Anders, has anyone come down from the surface lately?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17669

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:28 am

The little sapling considers Dornikal's questions, then alternately gives up and down, side to side motions repeatedly.

((You may insight check if you wish...?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:18 am

"Right..."

What does that mean: 1D20 = [12] = 12


He looks out at the slowed down folks and tries to see if any one has noticed, other than Randy.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6251
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:23 am

Randy turns around to head back towards Dornikal to relay his information and starts walking back towards his last known position. (( I figure it may be like viewing a time lapse film where he's almost a blur. ))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 17669

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:01 pm

Dornikal, you get the sense that it's not as simple as a yes or no answer.

((How long do you intend to stay close to the sapling and Maji's body in subjective time? Minutes, hours, days?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4284

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:05 am

Dornikal grumbles and thinks for a few minutes.

"Okay let's try this. Bob this way (Dornikal's right) for a yes and this way (Dornikal's left) for a no. Ye understand?"

If it gives the bob to the right response he asks,

"Are ye messing with time?
"Do ye want meh to move Maji and ye to the surface?"
"Will what yer doing take more than a day?"

If the thing doesn't understand he will just take Maji's pack and say,

"Good luck to ye aye guess."

And walk towards the others. backup slowly to the others, keeping an eye on the sapling.

Post Reply