The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18198

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:21 am

While Gordon goes to sleep with Randy's cloak, Alma asks for the ranger's help in getting measurements of Zokk, and is eventually satisfied.

"I'll have to see what Jerry has in stock, but we should be able to do something for you."

She heads back inside.

A few minutes later, a mule and wagon come trotting up, the human driver wearing a vest that shows off well toned arms. Their hair is on the shorter side, a brownish blond.

Halting the wagon they hop down, grab a small barrel from the back of the wagon and trot it up to the front of the general store, plunking it down with a thud before pulling the door open and rolling the barrel to prop it open and head inside.

There is a muffled buzz of conversation between the new arrival and the shopkeep.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4775

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:06 pm

"So. How ye doing Coljin?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 17055
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:12 pm

"Yes, it's been a long day for you all. I'm... sorry I wasn't there with you, I had no idea things down there were bad.

I think I'm going to go up to the graveyard to see if there isn't a groundskeeper there who can tell us more about our wizard friend. I need to return to the wizards guild tomorrow to retrieve the orb, and I still think the Mayor's assistant is hiding something in that basement of his. I want to find out who killed this woman, and if any of it is related to what you all found in that sewer."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6474
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:53 pm

Randy tries to hear what's going on in the store, thinking this could be the blade smith.

Perception: 1d20+3 = [20] = 23

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2350
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:34 pm

“I am all right, I guess, Dornikal. It’s just been a long couple of days. One known Maji since, well, since I first started adventuring. And I saw him sort of going down a dark path at times.” Coljin frowns and pauses for a good minute before continuing. “I talked to him a little about it, but he resisted it. For all the good he did do he also was tempted by an evil side at times. I’m worried about where he is spending his afterlife. I hope because of my inaction of not preaching to him more, that he is not in pain somewhere.”

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16886
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:12 pm

”Heeeeellooooo uuuumaaaan!”Zokk waves at the human. When they see the barrel they make chirping noises twoard it. When they get no response their leaves droop.

In a somewhat sad tone Zokk tells Evelyn that, ”Thaaaat woooood iiiiiis deeeeeaaad.”

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18198

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:49 am

The person who arrived on the cart seems preoccupied, and waves in the direction of the bench, but doesn't realize that it is a tree that is talking to them.

Within, Randy can overhear their conversation with the shopkeep, largely a tally of what is being delivered, but he does mention sending a message boy down, to which the blacksmith confirms that they brought a small selection of weapons in the rapier style with them.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4775

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:38 am

To Coljin's statement Dornikal merely nods before saying,

"Didn't know him well or long but nothing he did struck meh as evil. His final acts were good enough as well, aye can't speak to the will of the gods but aye'd be surprised if a dark one claimed him."

To Tess,

"Let meh know when yer ready to go lass and aye'll come with ye to the graveyard."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6474
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:50 pm

Randy perks up when he hears that the newcomer has brought the rapiers. "Excuse me, I think my order has arrived." He casually heads back into the store.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2350
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:04 pm

“I hope you are right. Why are you two going to a cemetery?” He asks in confusion.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18198

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:27 pm

"Ah, here he is now.", the shopkeep remarks.

The blacksmith turns to Randy, giving him an appraising look as they run a hand through their short hair. "So. You want to buy one of my blades?", they remark in a curt, if not unpleasant tone. "What is it you're looking for?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6474
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:57 pm

"A good rapier." He gestures to his short sword. "It's a good blade, but...It's a little lacking in reach."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18198

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:06 pm

They give a light grunt, extending their hand for you to show them the short sword.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 17055
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:36 pm

To Coljin: "We found out that's where the mage was buried after she was murdered. Just dumped in the common grave. I'd like to talk to the groundskeeper in case they know anything."

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6474
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:20 pm

Randy hesitates a second, shrugs and then pulls out the lit sword. "The flames provide light, that's all."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18198

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:33 pm

They seem a a bit surprised, eventually taking the blade and inspecting it. "Magical, or enchanted after the fact?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18198

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:42 pm

Dornikal and Tess head out to go south to the graveyard after Tess gives Holger a heads up that they will try to make it there later.

((Tess, give me a Perception check please.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6474
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:12 pm

spiderwrangler wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:33 pm
They seem a a bit surprised, eventually taking the blade and inspecting it. "Magical, or enchanted after the fact?"
"After the fact. It's a permanent clerical spell. It's been through several fights since it's been enchanted and is still just as bright." Randy grins. "Which is a good thing since it was pretty dark in some of those places. And there's the intimidation factor of course."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18198

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:31 pm

"Yes, I could see how that could be off putting.... He seems to know his way around a blade, and takes good care of the one he has.", they remark to the shopkeep.

"I'll consider selling you one of my blades. What line of work are you in?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 17055
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:52 pm


User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2350
Contact:

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:03 pm

Coljin would accompany them to the cemetery if they don't mind.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18198

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:05 pm

Tess spots a mark on a wall...
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 6474
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:18 pm

"I'm a ranger with the Temple of Obad-Hai on loan to the Temple of the All Mother. I'm a sort of trouble shooter. Unfortunately, sometimes the "trouble" doesn't want to talk and is a little too close for shooting. That's when I need something like this."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 18198

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:40 pm

They nod.

"I suppose while this is good in some cases, it does make you a bit noticeable. Something thinner, to slip into the gaps in your foe's armor... that doesn't give you away with leaping flames. Sure."

They head out to the wagon and return with a leather and canvas roll that they lay out on the counter, a series of hilts protruding.

"Jer, you know you've got a talking tree out there?"

Turning toward's Randy. "Which one do you think would suit your needs best?", they ask as they step back and cross their arms across their chest.

((Probably an Investigation check from Randy, unless you can sell me on something else?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 17055
Location: Florida

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:05 pm

Nem pauses to check the mark.

Post Reply