The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:46 am

"Ok, anyone want a second one, this blue one?"
Last edited by NotStickFigures on Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:53 am

((Dornikal called the grey one but if you want it?))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:34 am

(Nope, sorry, He'd only take the leftover if no one else wanted it)

(Blue edited)

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:35 pm

(( Slight retcon, if I may: Randy would apply the oil of sharpness AFTER they arrived at Pembleton's house, just before going in. Forgot it only last for an hour. +3 attack and damage during that time. ))

Randy hesitates a second and thinks it over, then silently accepts the blue pill.

(( With sharpness on, Randy will get a bonus of +9 to hit with what amounts to 1d8+7 damage. Essentially, anything above a 7 should be hit [unless the man is wearing enchanted armor, full plate with shield, or has the speed of a demigod]. Yes, I'm shamelessly stacking the deck. I'm going for full on vorpal sword. Blue ensures at least 1 hit, no matter what...I hope! :paranoia: ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:13 am

((And planar warrior boosts damage and makes it force! No worries on the delayed oiling.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:36 am

"Do you think you can get word to this Anders? Though... though if you tip him off and he feels obligated to investigate... We don't need to constables showing up while we are technically trespassing and well... robbing the place. If the spell works, I can convince Pembleton to go turn himself in to Anders, and to give a confession of his misdeeds under a truthfinding spell... even if he's got the political weight to be protected normally, if it's on the record, they'd have to look into it, I'd think."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:57 am

"Aye think Anders would be surprised but he'd take the confession. The more details Pemberton spills the better. Especially if he takes that ledger Tess mentioned with him. Probably best not to alert him in advance about it. Aye think he'd be on duty today, what do ye think Randy?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:16 am

"If we're to make him confess... Why not have him shout it at the top of the lungs at the market? If we're letting him confess to Anders he might just be liable to dispose of the poor fella soon as it wears off, but if the whole city were to hear of it..."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:42 am

"Well... that would certainly turn public opinion against him, but I AM proposing to charm his mind to do something... it'd be easy for him to say he was compelled to tell lies to sully his own name... but if he confesses to this Anders, then it can be taken more seriously?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:43 am

"While I appreciate the sentiment and temptation, if we make him confess publicly, there's a pretty good chance he'd be dead within the hour. His 'associates' would probably make sure of that. Wouldn't surprise me if Mr. Gibbs actually works for them and not for Pembleton at all."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:52 am

"Hmmm, a worrying, but valid point. He'd be more protected in Anders' custody, but it may put Anders in more danger too... perhaps you could write a letter to Anders, to be delivered by Mr. Pembleton, should I manage to convince him to turn himself in?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:57 am

"Ah, fair... I suppose I was thinking he was the head of the snake, but you're right we don't actually know that. Might be dealing with a hydra, and he's just a fake head. So... Yeah, perhaps. Just hope Anders got it in him to pull the right strings to make that confession pay off."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:13 am

"Might be worth having the confession made to whoever is above this city instead..."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:11 pm

Randy tries to figure out which human Lord claims dominion over this area and what he knows about them and their attitude/reputation.

Who's in charge?: 1d20+1 = [16] = 17

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:07 pm

You're pretty sure it that above the Lord Mayor that Pembleton (publicly) works for, that it would be Lord Torrence. He is held in good regard by the order of Obad-Hai, but his seat of power is fairly distant from Galistri.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Jul 16, 2020 5:15 pm

" I don't think we can count on help from that direction. Lord Torrence has a good reputation, but he's a very long way from here."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jul 17, 2020 12:43 am

"Might be expecting a lot from Anders."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:41 am

"Your call... I can also just tell him to take a walk down the shore, and he'll keep going until I lose concentration on it, but I wouldn't be opposed to trying to ruin him."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:45 am

"We want to get more than just this guy, we also want to get to the core of problem."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:48 pm

" And it did sound like he was getting directions from someone else. That magic letter he was getting sure makes it sound like he's someone's flunky."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:28 pm

"True... I'm not sure I'm equipped with the mindset and expertise to topple some nebulously nefarious empire. But if we can ruin this flunky and stymie his plans..."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:06 pm

"It'd be a whole lot better than nothing. Ideally, we'd 'vanish' him to someplace secure where he could be questioned by an expert. The trouble would be who to trust and how to get him there alive and unobserved."

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:05 am

"Ye know more about that sort a thing than aye Randy. Maybe we can have this Flunky turn in the book and attack hus boss?"

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:42 am

"Maybe we ought to try and give Anders a quick heads up and get his opinion... Tell him to be prepared to take the fella in custody, depending on what he says. Then he can get his own say, yeah..? I don't see why we wouldn't have the time to quickly relay that message."

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:46 am

"You'd know how he'd take it better than I, but I suppose that might be better than sending a spoon storm to his doorstep unannounced."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler