The Sundered Way

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: The Sundered Way

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:01 pm

((Right, well we have to keep him now. He's becoming adorable))

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:03 pm

Ulmwin gives a light "hurm" in response, nodding- Pointing out towards the exit, and then leading the way for him to bring the goods closer to the caravan... He'll have it put it just inside the "throne room" for now, though, while they actually figure out what could feasibly fit on the cart...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Maji nods. "Huuurm." He goes over to the other supplies and helps carry them.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:30 pm

The orc follows after Ulmwin and Maji, carrying the crate.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:37 pm

Randy shakes his head slightly, with a bemused expression on his face. He then looks thoughtful and walks over to examine the orc beds, specifically any blankets. He's checking to see what shape they are in and are they infested?

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:44 pm

It doesn't seem that the orcs have bothered to bathe regularly, as they smell a bit ripe, but you don't notice any vermin.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:53 pm

We can probably prestidigitate those back to rights pretty quickly.

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:26 pm

((We may need a cloak or some such for Renny when we get to town. We might be able to improvise something from the blankets. He still might look like something from Roadwarrior, but he might not be instantly recognizable as an orc. If worse comes to worse, Randy has his fishing kit that can be scavenged for line/thread. If the hook is metal, it could be bent to serve as a needle. ))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:37 pm

((Nem also has a disguise kit, or at least some performer costumes... We could disguise him as e.g. a leper or something similarly distasteful in the fantasy setting. That plus a big cloak might be enough to keep to many people from looking too close.))

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:39 pm

((Worst case scenario, we can try and pull the "he was an X that was cursed to be like this" card, right..? :shifty: ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:41 pm

((Just give him the screaming bronze mask.. :lol: :lol: ))

(( HURM! HURR!))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:21 pm

Dornikal let's Szartha say everything he wants before scratching at a now gone beard.

"Aye've been to all the big cities in the East. Most recently Estmont and Krovesh but aye spent half a miserable a year in Krelpo before that."

He pausing and shakes his head slightly,

"Aye worked meh way north to south along the Eastern coast preaching and spreading Dumathoin's teachings." He glances hopefully at the gnomes but scans everyone else as well for signs of...well some sort of fellowship. "Aye spent half a year in each city. Krelpo was the last."

"Krovesh last aye was there and time before that was just a mess of politics. Folks were interested in Dumathoin but the fighting left people scared to accept him fully. Once someone is crowned aye think it will get calmer."

He gets a drink from the bucket and munches on a goodberry while thinking and says,

"Snakefolks in Krelpo? Aye didn't see any. It was hot an folks were mostly interested in meh holy gem." He pulls out the emerald reverently, "Aye think they liked it 'cus it was green for whatever reason. It's cheese grater hot there and the beer tastes like boar passings."

"Estmont, though, is a fine city. Found a few faithful and aye hope it will spread but folks "hopped" between religions a bit too much. They also had the sense to build things into the ground. They've got an Archive there right in a hill with a great collection of gems." He gets a glimmer in his eye, "It was quite wonderful, they even had a gem aye'd never seen or heard of before! They also had a dragon skeleton." The glimmer leaves his eye after a moment, "Estmont is a good town for trade as well but aye remember something about the Lady Estmont going missing? Lord had offered something to find her? I didn't pay much attention, Szartha?"

"Tronfelna was a proper place of learning and folks there were open to Dumathoin more than aye could have prayed for! The Academy is there. It's been a couple years." His faces scrunches in thought, "Heard something had been taking beggars but aye don't know how much of that aye'd believe. Otherwise it was a quieter city than Estmont."

"Didn't spend much time in Rayfell, couldn't preach. Church of Lathander had a lock on things an they weren't friendly to outside beliefs."

"Folks in Grunfort weren't interested either. Aye spent some time there but it was a solid guild city. Not much room for Dumathoin in many hearts though aye found a few."

"Mainland isn't much of a city. Folks are hard but they acknowledged Dumathoin by the time aye left."

"Ye want to know anything else? Szartha, aye miss anything?"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:33 pm

"That's a pretty apt summary, though I know folks mostly from the perspective of what they are buying and selling.

Mainland isn't much of a city, but folks come in off the islands to trade. Islands are cold and hard, the people are much the same, but you still have folks are looking for goods of comfort. Decent metal work to be had there, lots of sea based goods. If you happen to like dried and smoked fish, the best I've sank my teeth into has been in Mainland. Certainly takes them a bit to warm to outsiders, even with Mainland being the closest they have to a trade hub.

Grunfort used to be a military outpost, or at least there was one there, and the city sprung up around it. Some of the best mercenary units call Grunfort home, though I think a number of them have been spending more time down Krovesh way recently. A 'solid guild city' is a good term for the place, each of those mercenary units pay dues, pretty much everything requires a permit.

Rayfall's the spit of land that is farthest east, the Morninglord's sunrise services are impressive, but I'm not surprised you didn't find any takers, Dornikal. Folks are uptight, but if you know the right folk, there's always someone looking for something that Lathander wouldn't approve of.

Torfelna's the place to go if you want learning, any weird or unusual stuff I've come across there's always some scholar interested in studying it.

If the East has a jewel city, it's Estmont, there's a reason the trade caravan connects to it. Almost all commerce this half of the continent flows through Estmont at some point. When we left, the Lady still hadn't been found, but it's been... what, a year and a half or so since she's been gone? The Lord keeps upping the reward, but the general consensus seems to be that she'll not be seen again after this long.

Krovesh is a mess, as it always is, anyone heading in that direction better get a good sense of the gossip to know which way the wind is blowing. I'd not want to fly my flag in any direction, but if you know which way other's are being carried, you won't be surprised. Or at least, surprised less often. Anything someone things will give them an edge in the succession will find a buyer, but a cautious merchant makes certain that transactions aren't widely known or they'll attract attention. If you're on your game, you can play each side of the die, but it's a dangerous game to play. Lots of work for those with certain skills...

Krelpo is hot and muggy, not the most pleasant place to stay, but there is fine woodworking and some trade in herbs and more than a few artifacts from the deep jungles. "
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:40 pm

"That's good to know, thank you.

I vote we continue on towards Estmont. I'm a city soul at heart, and it's been far too long since I was last in amongst the rabble! Perhaps we'll be able to find out more about these curses from the academy too. Zephyr, what's your plan for treating the wells? I say we help if we can, maybe make sure there's nothing left behind that's turning the water bad, but I don't know how we'd draw poison out of well-water save to leave it and hope it gets better on its own."

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Randy wrinkles his nose a little and begins collecting about 4 of the cleaner blankets that are in better shape, folding them up neatly. He then takes them with him to find Holger to see if he can clean the things.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:38 pm

After unloading the stuff, Maji goes back into the kitchen to try to find herbs and ingredents to make some healing potions.
Invest: 1D20-1 = [7]-1 = 6

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:58 pm

Doesn't seem they kept much of the sort on hand.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:19 pm

Maji shakes his head and picks up one of the dried horses and carries it to the wagons. He makes sure it doesn't get dirty.

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:24 pm

You have a side of horse meat, though there isn't a good spot for it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:15 am

((Are we heading out immediately? What with all the loading of horse flesh. Not sure the prisoners are up for that.))

"Aye, the Lady of Estmont must have been gone at least a year an a half. Aye'd imagine he'd find someone in Estmont that could fix yer curse without having to go to Torfelna."

He thinks a bit and taxes at one of the covered bodies,

"Jhon's brother lives in Rayfell right? Do ye know his name?"

Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:15 am

(( I don't know that technically we've rested yet, or formally leveled up. I don't anticipate moving out until everyone has more or less recovered. Not sure why everyone is packing up already. I mean, we've DISCUSSED loot distribution and long term planning OOC, but not done much IC. Unless Spider wants to time warp it a couple of days. The mine might not be ideal, but it's close to water that's safe, it's reasonably defensible, and it would be a lot more comfortable doing rest and recovery here than on the road in a desert. ))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:58 am

((If you want to level, I'll let you do that with the mine as your base of operations for a week or two, that gives Dornikal and company time to recover. If you wanted to send some exploratory probes out to the next well or so, that would be possible too.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:14 am

((yeah I'm good to stop and rest and level a bit, I just wanted to kick off the IC conversation about where to go next, but there's no rush to actually leave.

On that note, I need to succeed on a DC11 arcana check to copy the Identify spell into my spell book.

M0rt/NSF - Can I please have some bardic inspiration and maybe a bless so I don't screw this up?))

M0rtimer
Global Moderator

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:16 am

"copy copy copy this spell into your book without screwing up..!"

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:25 am

thinkslogically wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:14 am On that note, I need to succeed on a DC11 arcana check to copy the Identify spell into my spell book.
((Why? Also, do you have the special inks for doing spell scribing?))
Copying a Spell into the Book: When you find a wizard spell of 1st level or higher, you can add it to your Spellbook if it is of a Spell Level you can prepare and if you can spare the time to decipher and copy it.

Copying that spell into your Spellbook involves reproducing the basic form of the spell, then deciphering the unique system of notation used by the wizard who wrote it. You must practice the spell until you understand the sounds or gestures required, then transcribe it into your Spellbook using your own notation.

For each level of the spell, the process takes 2 hours and costs 50 gp. The cost represents material Components you expend as you experiment with the spell to master it, as well as the fine inks you need to record it. Once you have spent this time and money, you can prepare the spell just like your other Spells.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler