The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15021
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:19 pm

I expect Kal would be concerned enough to take a look at your thumb, so:
Medicine: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6

It looks a bit redder than yesterday, but you also burned it pretty badly and can't do much to keep it cool out here. It probably just needs time to heal.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15408

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:34 pm

"Oh, thanks Kal!", I remark, brightening up at his assurance I'll be fine.

"Merric, you say your god has something that can help us, and that may well be true, but I'm hesitant to shift gears part way through here... we set out to make contact with the other lizards, I'd like to get that job done first."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6968

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:40 pm

"Dead serious. I'll do what must be done to honor the true god and refusing his gifts is unacceptable! We might even encounter the scaled ones on the way there or near it. Some must be lured to the power from the gift and seek it out if they have people that can sense it. Korrik, he might even help you, you should try to see if you can get some kind of contact with him and have your thumb in the water aswell."

Merric will take the bowl forth and fill it in case anyone wants to try, for a long moment he looks as if he's trying to figure out a mental puzzle before mumbling unknown words over it as he waves his fingers across the water. He stumbles a couple of times as he attempts to pronounce the words.
" .dnah ta ksat eht fo ecnatropmi eht wonk yeht os snehtaeh elbmuh eseht ot nwohs eb rewop dna ecnetsixe ruoy tel esaelp ,peed eht fo rellewD"

In case Korrik accepts, he'll add the following before Korrik dibs his head into the bowl.

".emit htiw tnavres gnilliw a eb dna dnuora emoc ll'eh erus m'I neht ,mih pleh uoy fI .ssentaerg ruoy ot derapmoc eno eslaf a ,dog a eb ot flesti gniralced gnieb a fo tniat eht gnilttab s'eH .uoy evres retteb ot em dewolla suht dna em detsissa evah dna dnik dna evarb si eno sihT"
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15408

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:02 pm

"Ok. I'll dunk my head and thumb.", raising a hand before Merric celebrates too much.

"I'm not looking for conversion though. If your bowl of water imparts any great revelation, or heals my thumb, I'm willing to consider... consider your suggestion. If not, then we go on towards the lizards like we were intending, agreed?"

I patiently wait while the strange halfling fills his bowl and mutters gibberish.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15692
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:06 pm

"Oh! If you wish to do that Sir Bard I shant stop you." Gwen grins at him, somewhat amuzed.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11863
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:58 pm

Mehr shrugs, "We're not so important as the news we bring. Troubles around Hightown which may be of interest to them. It is up to them to determine whether the traces of draconic influence in the area and the odd events are worthy of concern or simply the result of mad lizards finding an ancient corpse."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Nioca
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2014

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Nioca » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:57 pm

Ha. Always," Syli replies, her grin quickly matching Rue's own. If you're willing, only a fool would turn that down."
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Posts: 7042
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by WearsHats » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:51 am

Kal thinks back on his studies and tries to understand the ritual.
► Show Spoiler
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15021
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:55 am

Lizard Group
Merric pours out his salt water into the bowl and carefully supports it while Korrik holds the sides of the dish.

Kal watches the strange ritual with curiosity but doesn't recognise it. It's certainly not any sort of ritual he's been taught, but if it involves saltwater, it might well be some sort of ritual or prayer to one of the sea gods.

He waits for Merric to stop talking then resignedly dips his face into the bowl. A handful of seconds pass before Korrik suddenly pushes himself backwards, coughing and spluttering and splashing the ritual water onto the ground around him. It appears he forgot to hold his breath.

------------------------------------------

Druid Group

After a little while, Tam returns to the campsite with company. A strange, naked female creature with skin like tree bark and some sort of goat-man follow him from the forest, carrying plates of strange fruits, various colourful roots, and leaves stuffed with spices, nuts and herbs. They lay the food out a little ways away from the campfire and you settle down to eat. It is probably one of the finest meals you can remember eating, and is remarkably filling. Tam provides the drinks, pouring cups of some kind of fragrant liquor from a large bladder. The wine smells faintly of elderflowers and is wonderfully rich and invigorating.

Baryon, Freyd and Eva are clearly curious and more than a little jealous of this strange feast, but politely keep to themselves and eating their own food, until Tam jovially invites them over. Soon enough, any concerns from the day are forgotten and the conversation is bright and merry, and soon supplemented by plenty of music as Tam and Eva play their instruments, to much singing and dancing from the halfling brothers.

((If there's anything you'd like to do at this point, go ahead and post. I'm going to give nioca the chance to do some chatting before we move onto tomorrow, so feel free to add whatever flavour or checks etc. you'd like to make))

----------------------------------

Syli grins back at her new companion, pleased to have finally found a willing tutor. As she watches, the dwarf woman's grin begins to expand and her skin darkens as a midnight black fur shimmers out across her body. Her bones begin to shift and she drops to a squat, then to a sit as she shifts fully into the form of a panther. For Syli, watching someone else make the transition to animal form is a fascinating experience, as she gets to see for the first time how the process works and how her humanoid form is similar and different to that of a cat. Where she was able to take the form of a cat based mostly on intuition before, she feels like she now has a better understanding of what she is actually doing, if not exactly how.

Her new tutor seems to understand, and is nothing but patient, allowing Syli to examine the body shape and patiently demonstrating its capabilities. With such an obliging subject to guide her, Syli finds she is able to grasp the basics of the shape far more quickly than she did when studying the little ships' cat, and after only an hour, feels she is able to attempt the shape, turning successfully into a light gold-orange jaguar. Her tutor purrs in approval and gives Syli a friendly head-bump, then leaps athletically into a nearby tree. Syli follows, and the pair spend much of the early night tumbling through the forest, practicing climbing, balance, a bit of play-fighting to test her strength. The scent of a deer on the wind catches her attention, but a sharp growl from the panther tells her quite clearly that these are not for hunting. The pair continue until Syli can no longer maintain the shape and reverts back to her elven form. Her dwarven tutor reverts to her own form, a huge smile on her face.

"Ah! I haven't had so much fun in months! You're a natural cat, that's for sure! ...Listen, I'll be here for a couple of days if you want to do that again? ...Only if you want to I mean! But that was a lot of fun! I had a lot of fun anyway.

But you'll need to rest now I guess... Come on, I'll take you back."


((Syli, you're welcome to continue this conversation as you like, then we'll move on again.))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2293

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:47 pm

Varsk will pocket/bags some of whatever food seems likely to hold the longest. He isn't sneaky about it.

He drinks sparingly and doesn't dance.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15408

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:56 pm

Alternately pinching off one nostril then the other, Korrik blows snot to either side.
When he's recovered,
"Gah, I forgot how much salt water burns when you get it up your nose! I tried your thing, let's go find those lizards now, yeah?"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15692
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:47 pm

Gwen grins as Tam invites the others over for the feast. After she is done eatting and had some liqour in her, she starts dancing and singing along with the music.


"Oh may the sleepy lambs lay
May you feel breeze of the sky
Listen to the dove's tune
And feel the earth's boon

Night and day, day and night
Let there be no fright
For today we are free
Let us cheer joyfully

Listen to the ocean breeze
Free from famin, free from disease
Listen to the wave's mystical tune
And feel the water's boon

Night and day, day and night
Let there be no fright
For today we are free
Let us cheer joyfully...


Perform: 1D20+6 = [7]+6 = 13

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15021
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:35 pm

((Cool stuff, Gwen can have an inspiration point :) ))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11863
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Dlover » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:20 pm

"A... Dryad and satyr, yes? This is truly a place for nature."
Not being one to perform, Mehr quietly watches the others while he drinks.
Con: 7
The liqueur and atmosphere prove to be infectious, though, as Mehr is soon joining the festivities, taking up a stick and illuminating it, periodically changing the colour of the light.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15692
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:48 pm

thinkslogically wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:35 pm
((Cool stuff, Gwen can have an inspiration point :) ))
( :o I was not expecting that! Thanks!)

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6968

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:40 pm

Merric looks excited at the sudden movement from Korrik but that turns to disappointment quickly when he speaks. He tries to discern whether Korrik just doesn't want to admit it.

"That could hardly be called trying if you don't even take a deep breath.."

Merric insight: 1D20-1 = [12]-1 = 11
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15408

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:51 pm

Korrik gives Merric an odd look. "I'm not sure if you're serious or not about the deep breath part, but I've no desire to drown on dry... Well, dry-ish land."

Insight: 1D20+4 = [2]+4 = 6
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15021
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:59 am

((I'll let you guys determine how the insight checks against each of you should be interpreted. They're usually opposed rolls vs persuasion or deception etc., but aren't so often used against PCs. If you do decide to roll the opposed check, you can always pm me the roll / result if you want to keep everyone else guessing :) ))

User avatar
Nioca
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2014

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Nioca » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:00 pm

Syli grins ecstatically. "Just a bit of a breather, to recover my strength," She says, leaning against a tree as she recovers from her exertion. "Although I suppose I shouldn't get greedy, either; you probably need a little rest of your own as well."

"...although... do you know shapes that are... bigger? Stronger? Like... I dunno... the day we first met, my companions had nearly died, not far from where we met. In part, they just bit off more than they were ready to handle, but... well, in part, I feel that if had unlocked more of my own potential, things wouldn't have been so dire. I exhausted everything I had, and it nearly wasn't enough; taking these forms... I feel it comes more naturally to me than the magic nature provides."

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6968

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:38 am

Merric is serious enough that he didn't think it was that long, but then again he regularly trains holding his breath. :lol:

Merric will begrudgingly go with the group for now but do all in his power to make the trip go further east.

((I honestly believed you had gotten a mysterious pm when I saw that update, guess you still might have.. :p))
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15021
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:51 am

Druid group

Syli:
"Bigger? No, not really... I can do some smaller stuff, but I really hate feeling like prey. I tried being a deer once, and I felt like I was going to have a panic attack every time the leaves rustled. It's not for me.

...What did you have in mind? Maybe we can find one and learn it together!"

-----------

Lizard Group

Arthro seems relieved that the ritual didn't make Korrik go as weird as Merric, and is glad when the group finally agree to move on.

((I'll take perception checks all round again, and stealth if you're trying to be slow and sneaky. If you just want to hurry onwards, you can forgo the stealth checks))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15408

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:59 am

Perception; Stealth: 1D20+2 = [15]+2 = 17
1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25


((Including the roll for stealth if needed, but if party opts for haste, disregard.))
Last edited by spiderwrangler on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6968

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:59 am

Merric will refuse the stealthy approach and just press onwards.

Should I roll something to try stealthily trying to divert the direction a bit towards the east?
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15021
Location: Florida

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:09 am

I'll assume Kal and Artho are still ahead and navigating, so go ahead and have Merric make a deception check and a survival check to see if you can disrupt them.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6968

Re: The Wandering Archipelago (D&D 5e)

Post by Theis2 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:42 am

Merric has never been used to traveling inland and is thus a poor navigator and liar, but hopefully two negatives becomes positive. He is however vigilant in his lookout to see any sign of the true gods vision.

If any birds (or other animals for the matter) are near him at any point, he'll ask if they know of the place the vision seemed to be.

Merric perception: 1D20+1 = [18]+1 = 19
Merric survival: 1D20-1 = [8]-1 = 7
Merric deception: 1D20+3 = [9]+3 = 12
Merric bird persuation: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Post Reply