MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5311
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:15 pm

"Whatever it is, it doesn't seem to like cold. I have no idea what's getting broke." Dain looks a little doubtful. "I could just keep randomly shooting and see if it eventually has an impact." He looks at the others with a question on his face.

Edit:
He suddenly jerks his head around and stares at the flower that Art brought out and then stares again at the darkened room. "It's an energy vampire....."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1412
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:33 am

"What is an energy Vampire??"
It is easily seen that Art is not crazy about the name.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7506
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:46 am

Warryn looks between the flower and the room, brow furrowed.

"Something that feeds off energy, I'd assume. That does sound...plausible. Whatever's in there is definitely draining the energy from the room..."

"What do you know about these "vampires", dwarf? Any weakness we could exploit? Or should we just keep shooting until something breaks?"

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5311
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:45 am

arcana: 1D20+6 = [18]+6 = 24

"Making an educated guess here. There are positive energies and negative energies, you know. Light, heat, life, fire, electricity would be positive. Darkness, cold, unlife, void would be negatives. While whatever is in there seems to absorb the light from my Ray of Frost, it seems like it's sensitive to the cold. I don't think fire is going to do much to it unless you manage to overload it...."

((New background makes Dain's speech pretty hard to read. Trying the glow effect to make it stand out better.))

Edit: ((Yellow shadow: not too good))

((Yellow Drop shadow test: :cheer: ))
Last edited by Lurks_In_Shadows on Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7506
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:53 am

((Shadow or Dropshadow might work better?))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14662
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:47 am

Dain gets the idea of energy vampires, but even as he speaks his idea out loud, it doesn't really seem to fit. At least, not exactly... It feels more like time itself is being altered inside the space - it seems to move simultaneously faster and also not at all.

(FWIW, I find the shadows SUPER hard to read. The colour is fine, but if we could stick to plain text I'd appreciate it :) ))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5311
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:03 am

((Gotcha! Plain white text it is!))

Dain looks thoughtful "...Or, maybe something is playing around with time in there? And things are aging unnaturally quick? But if that's the case, what is going on when I fire a Ray of Frost in there? What's breaking? " He shakes his head. "Either way, I got a feeling it probably isn't healthy to be in there very long."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1412
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:06 am

"OK, is there some other direction we can go other than this dark room?" asks Art.
If someone has seen another room that looks less...deadly, they should lead that way!

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14662
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 am

((there are a bunch of other paths you can try instead, like where Ah'Sereen wandered to on her own - the map on the first page of the ooc thread should be up to date. ))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12064

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:30 am

"Let us go back. I think there's another hallway a little bit back we've not yet explored..."

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7506
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:42 am

"There are two. Three, if you count that shaft with the wind. Not that I'd suggest we go down there...unless one of you wished to volunteer?"

Assuming nobody does volunteer to check it out, Warryn heads through the backpack room and north to the stone head Ah'Sereen found. Not that he knows about it beforehand, unless she wants to warn everybody. Once there, he looks it over critically from a safe distance, not trusting a damn thing in this place.

Investigation check (head): 1D20+3 = [17]+3 = 20

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1412
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:20 am

Art follows after Warryn, keeping watch for enemies while the man checks the statue for traps or whatnot.
Thinking about it a minute, most everything including chess pieces being alive here, he decides to talk to the statue, looking directly at it, "Hello, how are you today?"
He'll either look like a genius or a lunatic he decides.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14662
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 05, 2018 7:27 am

((Sorry for the slowness - things have been kind of crazy lately))

The group (or most of it) heads back towards the stone head that Ah'Sereen found. Given the propensity for inanimate things to end up being quite chatty in this place, Art attempts to talk to it.

The head maintains a stony silence.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5311
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat May 05, 2018 9:11 am

Dain gives Art a bit of a fish eye when he tries to talk to the head.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7506
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Sat May 05, 2018 9:12 am

((Does Warryn notice anything from examining the head.))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14662
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 05, 2018 9:51 am

((oh yeah, sorry!))

Warryn stares at the stone head. It appears to be carved in the likeness of a human male with curled hair and passive expression. It's not particularly well made, and there doesn't seem to be anything exceptional about it.

The party hears a dog-like yawn from the room to the east, then a snuffling, wet noise.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5311
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sat May 05, 2018 11:40 am

Dain looks curiously towards the eastern door. He approaches the eastern wall out of line of sight of the door, then eases up to it and peeks around it to see what's making the noise.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14662
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 07, 2018 1:27 pm

Dain wanders up to the door and peers around, just in time to see a twitching, drooling, sleek black dog getting to its feet and stretching. It spots Dain almost immediately, barking and wagging its tail in a frenzy as it refuses to break eye contact.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5311
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon May 07, 2018 5:32 pm

Dain is taken a bit aback. "It...SEEMS friendly. A bit excitable, though."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14662
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon May 07, 2018 6:31 pm

It wags its tail furiously, doing a weird kind of twitching, staring, hopping motion on the spot as it whines and growls and gurgles simultaneuously.

A woman's voice from the room beyond speaks:
"Oh what now... Who's there?"

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5311
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon May 07, 2018 7:58 pm

"Errm....Hello? Sorry to disturb you. We're just some accidental travelers who are passing through."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14662
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Tue May 08, 2018 5:11 am

((is Dain still lurking behind the doorframe?))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1412
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue May 08, 2018 5:41 am

Art cannot help himself and has to take a look into the room to see the dog. He will move next to Dain to look into the room. He is not going to try to hide. He stays quiet tho and will let him do the parlaying with the women, whoever she is.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5311
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue May 08, 2018 9:06 am

thinkslogically wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 5:11 am
((is Dain still lurking behind the doorframe?))
((Of course! :chuckle: He's not going to stick anymore than his head around the corner until he knows who he's dealing with. After all I imagine the Warden may be a little irritated with him for trying to off her kid. ))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12064

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Tue May 08, 2018 1:35 pm

Aura meanwhile, asks the most important question of all.

"...Can we pet the dog?"

Post Reply