MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 12816
Location: Glasgow, UK

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Sun May 13, 2018 8:11 am

Art steps forward into the doorframe and the strange, twitching, dog-like creature flares a ridge of small of blunt spines along its spine and growl-whines and bounces around a bit. Through the doorway, he sees a room lined with bookshelves, containing books of many shapes and sizes and bindings. It is dimly lit from a brazier hanging from a long chain in the middle of the ceiling that emits a pleasant-smelling smoke.

The 'dog' wags its tail and leaps towards Art, who suddenly finds himself staring at a rather large, lolling tongue and more needle-like teeth than he can remember seeing in a mouth...

((Make a DEX save please, NSF))

A young woman, wearing absolutely nothing steps into the far doorway, about 40 feet away. She appears to be in her early twenties, with long, flowing hair. Warryn and Dain feel a powerful magical aura emanating from her.

"...Can we pet the dog?"
"...His name is Fracture-of-the-Bone and he's not really a dog. I'm not sure what he is, really. Be careful with him, he can be a little enthusiastic. But he swears he is harmless, and he is so adorably cute don't you think?"

But tell me, who are you? I so rarely get to talk to visitors these days! I haven't even had letters since- "

She stops suddenly.

"Well, never mind her. Tell me about your travels! You must have seen many exciting things!"

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 4541
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Sun May 13, 2018 11:42 am

Dain looks at her with a wary curiosity. What is it with these human type women and their lack of clothes? The sense of power associated with this one makes him leery.
"My name is Dain, Mistress. Pardon my boldness, but who....WHAT are you?"

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 11262

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Mon May 14, 2018 2:49 am

Aura tries to relax... Somewhat at the sense of... Normalcy? Was this what normalcy felt like? It most definitely wasn't utterly normal, but compared to what they've seen so far, it might as well be. She's mostly just trying to overcome the fear still raging within to try and pet the... "dog". Or take some cautious steps backwards, instead.

"Ah, we've... Only just got here. My name is Aura. So far we've encounter mostly odd things, and we're looking for a way out..."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Gives Speeches
Posts: 1099
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon May 14, 2018 5:37 am

Dex Save: 1D20+3 = [1]+3 = 4


OOO. This will be cuddly and fun.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7077
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Tue May 15, 2018 4:03 am

Warryn regards the naked woman and dog-creature with disdain, staying near the back of the group. After what happened with the last clothes-less human they encountered, he wasn't letting his guard down for a second.

That said, those books looked intriguing. Trying not to attract any attention, he slips over to take a closer look at the spines of the books. In particular he's searching for something relating to this "prison-labyrinth" they're stuck in, or failing that, some magical tomes he can learn from.

Investigation check: 1D20+3 = [19]+3 = 22
► Show Spoiler

Post Reply