MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:44 am

((Who are you following? Warryn, or the rest of the party?))

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15078

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:56 am

((Sorry, buddy system with Warryn. Stand guard over his body while he Erik's about.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:16 am

Warryn sends Erik over to the statue. Nothing untoward happens, but the writing is written in a language he can't read. It seems to be ancient, perhaps like some incredibly archaic form of draconic, but it's beyond his understanding at the moment.

------------------------------------

In the other room, a composed Aura carefully scoops up the folded paper from the floor and takes a look at the writing on the outside while her companions make various comments about her sudden outburst. It's written in common for the most part, and from the part she can read, it appears to be some sort of love-letter, expounding a variety of reasons why the recipient should be with whoever sent it. There appears to be plenty more to read.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12064

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:21 am

"I'm... Fine." Aura lets out, not completely convinced- Seeming to discard the letter as she drops it again, not caring to read further... If she's learnt anything by now about this place, it's not to mess with things if she can help it. With that, she's looking to try and stepping over the sigil... If it was only for evildoers, she should be fine.

The others might have to figure something out, though.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:24 am

She drops the letter to the floor. It unfolds a little more, revealing even more writing in the same hand.

With a hop, she makes the short leap across the sigil, arriving at the other side entirely unmolested.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5309
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:38 am

Dain grumbles a little under his breath. He cautiously eases up to the sigil and quickly passes his hand over it, closely observing it's reactions to him.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:47 am

((So lurks: What do you consider Dain's alignment to be? I currently consider him evil, unless you have good reasons against it :) ))

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7506
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:55 am

Grunting in frustration, Warryn turns to Ah'Sereen.

"Don't suppose you speak Draconic, eh? Or know if the other lot do?"

((Warryn is very much Neutral Evil, so I'll be staying far away from that sigil if I can help it :lol: ))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5309
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:55 am

At least neutral with evil tendencies, so yeah, let's say he's more than a tad darker than grey. And then there's his ...connection. I could see that as providing some darker color as well. :chuckle: I'm kind of anticipating something bad happening to him, but I can't say it wouldn't be deserved.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:18 am

(( I'm mostly basing it off his treatment of the sobbing snake-boy who ate chess pieces and tried to fight you off with a toy sword ))

Make a DEX save please :)
Last edited by thinkslogically on Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15078

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:18 am

"Can't say I do. Not sure about the others."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5309
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:44 am


User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:48 am

As Dain passes his hand over the sigil, the dust begins to rise up towards him like iron filings to a magnet. Just in the nick of time, he is able to pull his hand back and the dust drops down to the floor to continue its never-ending pattern-making.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5309
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:56 am

Dain scowls mightily at the sigil. "Maybe I'll go the other way." Grumbling he heads back to find Warryn and Ah'sereen.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1412
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:25 pm

Art follows Aura, moving over the sigil. "We can't break into too small of groups. What did the paper have on it?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:39 pm

Art crosses the sigil without incident to join Aura.

((An updated map is now available))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12064

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:39 pm

"Seemed to be a love letter or somesuch... Nothing important."

(Except it keeps getting longer and longer apparently, but let's move on before we drown under a love letter or something. :P)

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7506
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:38 am

Grumbling under his breath about how useless everyone is, Warryn turns back to the room and considers their options. They weren't going to get nowhere if they had to keep questioning every room's innocence. Stepping back, he pulls out his Spellbook and starts rifling through it.

"Alright, gimme a few minutes..."

Sitting on the floor, he begins reciting arcane words and making complicated gestures, hands crackling with faint traces power.

-- Detect Magic [Ritual]

((Casting time is 1 action + 10 minutes for doing it as a ritual. Duration is 10 more minutes, with Concentration.))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:59 am

((Since you have a book, you can also copy the text down if you want to keep it for later...))

Dain grumbles over the judgemental sand and leaves the sigil room to find the others. As he arrives, he finds Warryn in the beginning stages of casting a ritual. Ah'Sereen is standing to one side watching.

-------------------------------

Aura and Art watch Dain leave and consider their options. They can try to backtrack across the sigil to rejoin the rest of the party, or can move on from here a bit. There are two exits from the room they're in. One seems to lead northwards, past a small side-chamber, and opening out into a fairly large room. It looks like there used to be some sort of fence across the threshold, but you can't really see the details from where you're standing.

To the east, you see the corridor opening into another small chamber, in which there seems to be a single rose, sitting in a vase on a low, black table. You both hear the sound of a group approaching from somewhere to the east.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15078

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:18 pm

((Yup, crossbow out and watching for trouble for 10 minutes.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14661
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:22 pm

((Cool stuff. Unless Dain wants to do anything on arrival, I'll let Aura and Art do their thing for a bit before we come back to you guys after the ritual is complete)).

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7506
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:31 pm

((No problem with me. Only suggestion I have is that Ah'Sereen might want to look around for mechanical traps, since Warryn will only be able to spot the magical ones.))

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5309
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:18 pm

Dain can take overwatch then. He'll stand guard with Ray of Frost primed, while the other investigate.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12064

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:21 pm

Aura would propose just trying to head further north for now... Carefully, of course.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1412
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:53 pm

"Yes, We can check that way, and if we come across something nasty we run back this way and if they are evil and chasing us, they can deal with the anti-evil sand magic."

Art goes closer to the north exit and pokes his head in to take a much better look.

Post Reply