MotBM

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15019
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:50 am

Aura and Art decide head north rather than meet the approaching group directly. As they go, they pass the little alcove to the west which contains a corpse. They pause as they reach the broken fence. It stands across the threshold to the room ahead, but seems to mostly be just a tangle of twisted and burnt metal.

Inside the room, there is a floating, pulsing construct here that fills most of the space. It seems to pulse with a steady underlying frequency, but the surface trembles and spikes erratically as it wobbles within the room.

((You may make INT & arcana checks here if you'd like)).

Art's bite itches again, and he starts to feel his mood worsening. He felt great after that dog bit him too...

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1549
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:03 pm

Int check: 1D20+2 = [5]+2 = 7


He reaches down and scratches the area the dog damaged earlier, frowning a bit at the inconvenience.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15019
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:13 pm

((You can both make both checks if you want to...))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12180

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:03 am


User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15019
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:40 pm

:shock:

Wow, yeah... As far as you can tell, it looks like a vast floating amoeba in a lava lamp that occasionally gets alarmingly spiky. It's probably magical, but beyond that... who knows?

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1549
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:30 am

Art looks at Aura and shrugs. "I have NO idea what that might be." He looks at the glob and says, "Hello, how are you?" He will wait for a response for about 30 seconds.
If there is no response he looks back at Aura, "Should we go check out that dead body? At least I know what that is. Well, unless it, too, is something disguised as something else."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15019
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:07 am

Art tries talking to the thing.

((Let's try an Insight check; you can both roll if you want))

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12180

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:00 am

Feel free to roll for me if you want to speed things up I won't be able to until later.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1549
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:39 am


User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15019
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:58 pm

((Well apparently I'm rolling high today!))

Aura & Art

Insight: 1D20+6 = [20]+6 = 26


Aura watches the thing for a little while. There's no obvious pattern to the thing's pulses, but they're not random either. As she watches, the pair hear a bark from the neighbouring room (where you met Chronia) and a woman sighing. The pulsing amoeba spikes immediately after the bark and then seems to calm. Whatever this thing is, it seems to be reflecting Chronia's mood.

The voices and footsteps sound like they've reached the room you just left.

The rest

The world's longest Detect Magic ritual finally comes to an end without disturbance. Warryn opens his eyes to survey the room, all of which glows with a faint magical aura (as does what you can see of the corridor you came down), but nothing particularly stands out.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5537
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:36 am

Dain is still in a bad mood from his brush with the glyph trap. "Well?! Did you detect anything or not?" He's starts grumbling about "overly elaborate rituals" and "dying of old age.. or boredom." He glares at Warryn. He's shifting his weight from one foot to the other and is clearly running out of patience.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12180

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:46 am

"Is it... Supposed to monitor her mood..? Can it be altered..? Probably not something we should experiment with... Should we avoid it and push forward, or regroup with the others?"

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7580
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:10 am

"...no. Lots of ambient magic, but that's to be expected in somewhere like this."

Warryn will speed through the stone head room and into the next one, wanting to get as much use out of this ritual as he can. If he sees any strong magical energies, he'll stop and examine them carefully.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5537
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:27 am

Dain grumbles, looks unhappy, shakes his head and follows Warryn. He's keeping Ray of Frost prepped while he's doing this.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1549
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:52 am

"Well, I'm certain I have no idea what this thing is. Let's check out the dead body and if that's nothing, we can head back to find the others, ok?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15019
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:35 pm

Warryn rushes south past the giant stone head and charges into a room containing a number of metal censers that hang down from the ceiling a height about three feet off the floor. They don't emit a magical aura, which makes them just a little harder to see against the constant faint glow from the maze itself.

((Dex Save please))

Dain grumpily follows behind.

-----------------------------------------------------

Aura and Art leave the room and head south again towards the corpse room. In the corridor en route, they run into 6 humanoids wearing tattered leather armour and rough clothing. A couple have neckerchiefs or hand wrappings; one looks like they've tried to keep the sole of their boot attached by wrapping a bit of string around it. All of them however, are wearing well-cared-for bird masks, all crafted from different materials and designed to look like crows. They all walk with a strange, bird-like gait and jerky motion.

The one at the front holds his arms out to his sides like a barrier and the others stop, crowding up behind him and cocking and turning their heads in a weird facsimile of bird behaviour. You're pretty sure they're all humans.

The one at the front cocks his head at the pair.

"Oi oi. What do we 'ave 'ere then? a couple a' strays is it? Well well! You might be jus' what we need."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15406

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:28 pm

((I've lost track of where Ah'sereen is at the moment?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15019
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:29 pm

((she was in the room with warryn, Dain and the stone head))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1549
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:06 pm

"We are not strays to be used for anyone....What is it that you think you NEED?"
Art asks, speaking loudly, brandishing his weapon, puffing out his chest and using some Intimidation.
Intimidation: 1D20+3 = [18]+3 = 21

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15019
Location: Florida

Re: MotBM

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:15 pm

The man lets out a yelp that sounds bizarrely like a bird squarking and he steps back, as the rest of his posse fluster behind him.

"All right, all right! No offense meant! Kaah! We're on a job and thought you might be able to help is all, but I can see yer busy and we'll leave you be. Come on boys, let's leave these pair to their business..."

He flaps his hands at the others and ushers them away towards the end of the corridor, following them away from you.

((Anything you want to do before they leave?))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1549
Contact:

Re: MotBM

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:30 pm

Art is fed up with people he doesn't understand at the moment. If anyone is going to talk to them nicely it's gonna have to be Aura. If Aura doesn't do any parlaying with the crow-men, he will just wait until they leave from sight.

User avatar
Lurks_In_Shadows
Cures Light Wounds
Posts: 5537
Location: In the Pharoh's mud pits, making bricks without straw.

Re: MotBM

Post by Lurks_In_Shadows » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:54 pm

"Oi! Warryn! Watch where you're...!" Dain cringes in anticipation of a noisy collision.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12180

Re: MotBM

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:16 am

Aura was about ready to pull out her mace should these "gentlemen" try something... But luckily, they turn out to be quite non-confrontational. Not something she was super used to, admittedly.

"We ARE busy... But suppose I'll humor you for a couple seconds and allow you to explain what it is that you'd need our help with- What would it be..?"

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 15406

Re: MotBM

Post by spiderwrangler » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:25 am

Ah'sereen sighs as she watches Warryn's antics.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7580
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: MotBM

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:47 pm

Dex Save: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23

Warryn's impatience gets the better of him, blundering into the canisters in his rush. Still, his reflexes are good enough to notice them at the last second, lurching backwards.

Post Reply