The Heist - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:26 am

@Vader: New Stealth and Per checks please.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5610

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:35 am


User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:38 am

Guess we're killing someone after all!

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5610

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:50 pm

Would Veska have enough time to try and break the shelf, before ducking into cover to hide?

Alternatively, is there anywhere up high where she could climb up to hide? An upper shelf, or rafters, maybe?

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:51 am

I'll say you have about a round until he gets there. So an action, bonus action, and move.

The room is split into two halves. On the left are a bunch of large metal sinks and a wooden counter, while the right has a couple rows of shelves stacked with boxes and general stuff. The ceiling is about 10ft high, but there's no rafters to hide in. The door and window outside are directly ahead of you, while the stairs and cellar door are in the hallway behind.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5610

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:21 pm

Has it been an hour since Veska cast Hunter's Mark, btw? It's possible she was able to maintain Concentration on it all this time, and it's a bonus action with no apparent verbal component necessary to change targets.

I'm wondering whether she'd have been able to mark the dwarf as her quarry, just so it's easier to note where he is with Perception checks.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:24 pm

Hmm...I'd say it's still active, yeah.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5610

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:26 pm

Neat, Veska will have done that then, since she had line-of-sight on the dwarf.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:03 pm

Can't Veska exit using the hatch that only had like a wood bar to stop it or..?

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5610

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:39 pm

What hatch? The one going back down into the cellar? What for?

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:05 pm

I mean, if our intention is to leave with no evidence we were there, and the hatch doesn't have a lock... Lock the back door from inside, put key back, then exit through hatch and just rebar it?

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5610

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:12 pm

Eh, it's a bit late for that, and I wouldn't want to push our luck having Veska trek through the shop again. Maybe the owner will just assume he forgot to bar the door.

He's more likely to assume that than think that someone broke in, didn't steal anything, exited through the backdoor, and then locked the door behind them.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:15 pm

He's an elderly dwarf. Have you ever MET an older person that swears up and down they didn't forget something when they probably did? :P

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:38 pm

The hatch had a bar and a padlock. Just to remind you.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:46 pm

Ah, missed the padlock, doesn't matter then.

So what you're saying is, we have no choice to kill him because we're leaving loose ends? >:)

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Assuming you decide to go via the sewer, give me an INT check with Advantage for finding an entrance Vader.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5610

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:45 pm


User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5610

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:38 am

Could Veska just try to find a different way into the sewer?

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:39 pm

Yeah, but it'll take longer. And I'll want Stealth rolls from all three of you too.

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5610

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Well Uragh's rolling with Disadvantage, so that might not be great. I just have zero ideas for dealing with the guards.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:05 pm

I have one idea. :stab:

But yeah, not exactly ideal to have two guards disappear... :lol:

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5610

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:07 am

So I can think of two ways to deal with the guards.

One: Have one of us distract the guards while the other two sneak down into the sewers, then that third person would have to find their own way out of the district.

Two: Light something on fire, wait for the guards to notice, and hope they both leave/are sufficiently distracted enough to let us sneak past.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6905

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Theis2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:40 am

Was thinking of having Vatro do the distraction, lead them away, circle around and sprint back to the sewer and join you as the guards aren't able to catch me under normal circumstances. Just hope my hood is enough to hide my identity :p
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:47 am

I think the fire plan might be good, nothing some arson can't fix

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5610

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:02 am

I like fire plan, too. There's less of a chance of any of us being identified and, more importantly imo, less of a chance of drawing attention to the sewers as our means of getting around.

I'm not sure what we would roll, though, if anything...?

Post Reply