The Heist - OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:36 pm

Don't worry about that. Just tell me what you want to do, and I'll ask for rolls if/when you need them.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6905

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Theis2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:52 pm

I could also cast pass without trace and give us all +10 stealth.. xD
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5610

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:54 pm

Well shoot, you should've said so earlier! :lol:

With +10 stealth we should be able to sneak around and find another sewer entrance no problem, even with Uragh's disadvantage. No need to do anything risky at all with that option!

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:56 pm

Yeah, Uragh has +6 stealth, so barring a terrible roll a total of +16 should cover things quite well... :P

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:50 am

So your plan is to keep searching? Okay, Vader give me another INT check, and Stealth checks from all three of you.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:53 am

I'm gonna assume the pass without trace casting... :P

Stealth check: 2D20.LOW(1)+16 = [14, 4]+16 = 20

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6905

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Theis2 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:09 am

Yeah, Vatro will cast pass without trace on the group as they sneak away

Vatro stealth: 1D20+17 = [8]+17 = 25
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread


User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:19 am

Damn, we all kind of rolled horribly on stealth, but hopefully that boost will be enough to save us... :P

No guards would be making active perception checks at this time right

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:30 pm

Yeah, assuming nobody wants to do anything before bed, you can all take a Long Rest now

Except Uragh, who dies of his wounds in his sleep

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Uragh mutters something about REALLY hating sewers in his sleep

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:43 am

Mort, make a CON Save for me.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:50 am


User avatar
SuperVaderMan
Extensively Logorrheic
Posts: 5610

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by SuperVaderMan » Tue Sep 18, 2018 10:56 am

So are we all good to start the day, or...?

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:05 am

Yep, new day's started

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14793
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:09 am

Jax would probably be concerned enough about Kytiel to check on him more thoroughly. Can he hear anything through the door like snoring or that?

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:10 am

I dunno. Does Kytiel snore, Spider?

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:57 am

Oh, if anyone is curious as to why Uragh is not interested in going back into the sewers unless he has to... It's probably like a DC 4 perception check to smell why.

Is there a bath in the safehouse Dusk? :lol:

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:20 pm

@Thinks: Jax probably woke up about two hours before the rest of them, so we can say he had time for a stroll.

@Mort: There's a washroom with a nice metal bathtub, but no running water. You'll need to get some from the local well, and either heat it up yourself or have a cold bath.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:22 pm

I mean, just gotta do the classic like in the old days- Lightly fill the tub with a couple buckets worth, then set a kettle to be boiling hot and pour that in. He'll probably do that after the morning meeting...

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Since the city's plumbing is apparently becoming a key plot point for this heist, I guess I'll give a quick rundown of how it works in the city :lol:

- The Lower Quarter has next to no foundations or infrastructure, which means no sewers or plumbing. They get all their water from the river...which is also where most of their sewage goes, if it doesn't just get tossed out on the street. Hence the name "Stinkstain Slums".

- The Middle Quarter has drainage in the streets, but most buildings have no running water or internal plumbing. They need to go to one of the freshwater wells to get it, and dump sewage into the outside drains.

- The Upper Quarter has internal sewage plumbing in most buildings, and running water. Servants bring water up from wells every day and store it in tanks on top of buildings (so gravity brings the water down through the pipes). These tanks are either communal (for a whole street) or private if you can afford it.

- The Market Quarter is a weird mix of all the above, depending on where you are/how rich the owner is.

- The Harbour has lots of drainage leading out to the sea. Nobody really lives there though, so fresh water access isn't necessary.

User avatar
Dusk9
Games Moderator
Posts: 7546
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Dusk9 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:23 am

So we've got Veska and Kytiel heading back into the sewers, and Jax meeting his new friend. What about Uragh/Vatro?

Also, if anyone else wants to go shopping for supplies, just say. Most stuff in the PHB you should be able to find pretty easily at listed price.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14793
Location: Florida

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:29 am

Well, Jax is largely hoping someone else will tag along to rob his historian friend while he (Jax) keeps the guy busy. Figuring out who else is on the guest list might also help us get more than one person into the ball "legitimately" since we can probably forge more tickets once we have one.

User avatar
M0rtimer
Global Moderator
Posts: 12111

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by M0rtimer » Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:44 am

I'm not sure what Uragh is gonna do yet, besides buying some stuff and going to the harbor... I think he might be looking into a getaway plan? Their drop off point was supposed to be near the harbor, right? He might also be interested in acquiring some "black powder" one way or another... :shifty:

Is there a pathway or something similar that goes along the river running through the city, or would he have to go "in" there to track along it's path..? He'd be looking for a sewer entrance, mostly.

User avatar
Theis2
Moderates Controversy!
Posts: 6905

Re: The Heist - OOC

Post by Theis2 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:38 am

Vatro is fine with robbing the historien blind while he is distracted.
Games I'm in
► Show Spoiler
I'm a GM for Shipwrecked
And the Shipwrecked OOC thread

Post Reply