Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Dlover
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:49 am

I understand their desire, with spell slots slowly draining away, encouraging casters to use only their cantrips, just in case there's another fight later, that may need the fancy spells more.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:55 am

Well in the original game the there was a wizard and a cleric and a pair of fighters. The fighters were happy with a short rest but the other two, the cleric especially, always wanted another long rest before he would do anything. It resulted in a lot of interrupted 'just standing around until we can do a long rest' random encounters.

What has happened is that nearly everyone switched to short rest classes, fighters, monks and sorcerers, in the game I am running for them now so they don't have to worry about it.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:51 am

Wise of them. Lurn is soon to be mostly ineffective, with one spell slot left at midday. Then again, he can still reliably make 1d6+5 damage ranged attacks, or 1d8/1d12 to heavily armoured targets. So it's not that bad, just means he can't heal much... Which reminds me, need to work on getting a pouch of rocks.

Unrelated to this game, anyone hear about the latest ruleset to be released for 5e? All I know about it is the name - Eberron: Rising from the Last War - and that it includes an Artificer class and something about races and "Dragonmarks." Sounds interesting, I think.

I've looked into the Artificer a little, and it's certainly an interesting class; sort of like a magical engineer. I don't know much depth of D&D, but seems like a fairly standard caster setup; Long rest to recover spell slots, spell slots are split up by level... Only up to level 5 spells, though. Makes up for that with its class features, though. One of the branches can apparently make cannons.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:10 am

Maybe. They have been doing some pretty stupid stuff that no amount of short rests is going to clear up for them.

Lurn's tag alongs are back with him and they have a goodly number of rocks stashed.

I have seen some advertising for it but I haven't delved into it at all. I recently received Mordenkainen's tome of Foes and Volo's Guide and am trying to work through them. Surely Spider will have some insight though!

NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:27 am

I have bought the Eberron book. Been too busy to really look at it carefully though.

I played an Eberron game when it was 3.5
It is by FAR my favorite D&D world. I like the flavor and high magic and the whole backstory. There is pretty much magic everywhere. Street lights in most decent sized cities are magical. Magic railroads and such too.
I played an artificer and it was much fun. They have tweaked it a lot to make it work for 5e though, and I haven't really looked at the changes yet.
The warforged characters got the biggest tweaks by the look of it.

However, I'm hoping to play some Eberron!

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:31 am

I'm planning on getting it and mining it for stuff to use in my eventual reboot of 'Surviving Castle Heterodyne', among other reasons. Still have Sword Coast Adventures Guide and Ghosts of Saltmarsh on the 'to read' stack though.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler