Tests and Trials OOC

Home to all current Forum Games.
Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Re: Tests and Trials OOC

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:06 pm

I was also thinking she would have been questioned about Joe. Ves would maybe be interested in the fate of her sometime travel companion and marginal employer. How she chooses to get involved is up to you Thinks! You can PM me as well if you'd like to flesh something out.

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:37 pm

for sure :) And I didn't think I was booted (although I wouldn't have blamed you!), I was just checking it was a good time to try to slot in - I know it can get awkward with players disappearing in and out after all!

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:09 am

Slot right in! I would maybe remind you of the fancy bandit loot you found. Joe/Burns have attuned two things and you may have wanted to attune or study something else?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:54 am

Oh, god...Joe just ignored "Please don't tell me about the others...tell me about you" so utterly and completely that...if I was playing this character with anything less than a Charisma of 18 I think there would have had to been a blood letting...
Really...why are you reading this?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:02 pm

That’s more of a failure on my part. I have no idea what you want. I thought you wanted more information?

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:58 pm

Cary is also drawing conclusions with the limited information that Joe is volunteering. Ghram has been quiet, mostly because I was out of commission, but will fill in the gaps he can for Cary.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:11 pm

Er...true she is 'drawing theories' on the limited information she has...but postulate a theory...test...modify or throw out...

but Cary was trying to focus on Joe as a witness first since she was the person in question, which is what she was asking about...

And Burns, Cary specifically stated I don't want to hear about the other suspects! I don't know how much more clear I, aka Cary, could have made it... :wall:

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:51 pm

Just wait until Cary tries talking the the Big Dumb Boys.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:00 pm

Yeah, Cary will probably get along with Ves better than anyone else in the party.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:19 pm

Some people just answer in non-linear ways, which is frustrating to someone expecting otherwise.

On another note, Quarg that sky blue color is damn near invisible to me! Any chance you can darken it a shade or three?

On another, another note, did Jaq add that special arrow to his inventory?

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:26 pm

The one that was not kind to Kroshav. He would have it unless, I can't think of her name, specifically asked for it back.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:37 pm

Ah...sorry didn't know it was invisible to anyone...we will go withBlue?

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:40 pm

Dama I think?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:58 pm

Quarg wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:11 pm Er...true she is 'drawing theories' on the limited information she has...but postulate a theory...test...modify or throw out...

but Cary was trying to focus on Joe as a witness first since she was the person in question, which is what she was asking about...

And Burns, Cary specifically stated I don't want to hear about the other suspects! I don't know how much more clear I, aka Cary, could have made it... :wall:
She wanted to know other reasons as to why the victim would target Joe, Joe told Cary that the victim had a reputation of a hellraiser, but Cary was upset that Joe brought up other suspects so Joe told Cary what Joe heard the victim did to others because the victim had a habit of causing trouble and thought that was what Cary was asking for....not magic item stuff.

I think that was the reason for the mix up, I was focused more on previous actions the victim did to others while you were more focused on potiential magic leads?

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:48 pm

to quote Cary (with emphasis added)
.....There wasn't some history, object, or event that drew her attention on you? That would have made her focus on you for some reason? Besides you being a halfling, which can not really be that rare a sight in these parts."
That's the question that got things off the rails as it were. Cary is asking Joe about herself, but really broadly because she doesn't know enough to frame the question succinctly...She actually thinks Joe is a local at this point and likely well known (per the hat!) Say a notorious bar keeper, or the local regional school ma'rm who introduced her son to the worthless wife he now has, had a known scandalous affair with a local priest...a billion things could have been the reason for the animosity. Per her dialog prior statement, the 'she is a racist' claim just seemes weak.

So in an alternative time line Joe could have answered...(yea not going to try the type accent) "I'm not from around here, she shouldn't know me from Eve and I am just passing through on my way to do some ruin spelunking..." and you've had been on her better side.

In a far alternative thread if Joe were having sex with Tom, then she would would have wondered why the old woman cared about your affair and stealing someone's husband.

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:38 pm

Tom's wife is deceased, long time ago. Maybe an interspecies problem? The number of half elves though...

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:44 pm

Maybe she just doesn’t like quarterlings. Or is it three-fourthlings?

Wait what species was the victim again? I don’t recall it being mentioned.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Mar 30, 2020 7:43 am

She was human looking. Really I imagine that there are very few 100% pure blooded anything on the continent anymore. Excepting dragonborn and probably anything else with non-compatible genitalia... yep not going to think about that anymore.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:20 am

NotStickFigures wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:26 pm The one that was not kind to Kroshav. He would have it unless, I can't think of her name, specifically asked for it back.
Dama found her own, that didn't burn Kroshav, so didn't ask for it back. I will drop it onto the sheet.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:08 pm

Er...using magic isn't illegal or restricted or something? I just ask because the whole 'hiding magic ability' thing seems strange in this universe...

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:53 pm

Nope, not at all. Someone trying to hide raw magical ability their entire lives would be odd especially when it would have probably been a way out of being a subsistence farmer.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:58 am

In-born devil magic from devil heritage.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:28 am

Or warlock, she may had made a deal with something sinister.

Quarg

Post by Quarg » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:50 am

She states as she stands right next to a warlock.... :lol:

Eileen Ap'Fyretorr

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:41 pm

Does Cary have a magical aura? And has she bleed recently? I think if it were in her body it may not show.