Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:32 pm

Ves rolls her eyes at the comment about the door being unlocked. Guess she shouldn't have expected much else from a bunch of thieves.

"Ok, well that sounds lovely and everything, but I'm going to go and find Lurn now. And breakfast. You can stay while I change if you want, or you can go. If you try to touch me, I'll drop you."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2041

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:47 pm

"I know you heard the voice of the progenitor of your line yesterday and if you ask, rather the shard within you, for confirmation of who I am it will give it. What would you like to know about what you are?"

She asks this will idly swinging her too clean feet and not moving from the bed.

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Spokesperson in Training
Posts: 1468
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:58 pm

Jaq will stop and listen to the man, so he can learn what people are talking, but he will keep all comments to himself.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15560
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:35 pm

"'E knows a little." Joe frowns at the man, shaking her head.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:35 pm

"What are you talking about, who I am? I'm Ves. Wilderness guide extraordinaire, and puncher of thugs. Apparently. Who the hell are you?"

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11784
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:58 am

"A generous establishment I will fund, but it becomes something of an imbalance to provide coin to a single person. Perhaps if you can convince the madame that I have been insistent on providing payment I will provide you with a tip for the good work."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2041

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:19 pm

The man seems to have heard from a "Very reliable source" that the Balyons had sent a team to poison the city so they could launch an invasion with the help of the dragonborn. Jaq is pretty sure that he means the dragonborn from the Portlands but that isn't made clear. The man notices the additional attention from Jaq and Joe and his explanation of what happened seems to become more detailed. The plan was foiled by brave city guards and an Elven mage. He notes the small number of people injured and killed as proof of the involvement of the city guards and claims only powerful magic could cause the fog, as his cousin is a wizard and can call fogs. As the man talks Jaq's father places an older piece of worked metal in his hands and, while nodding and ahhing, indicates how much the piece is worth. Jaq know's the price is double what they've been trying to sell it for. The man, so wrapped up his is story pays without much thought and places the item in a pouch. Joe recognizes the item, a fancy old fixture from a fireplace that is probably 400 years old, as well as its value to be about a quarter what the man paid. Once the story is concluded the man thanks Jaq's father gives a smile to Joe and Jaq and leaves the shop.

Jaq's father gives a short laugh,

"Folks from Bridgeway always seem to think the Balyon's are coming. It seems like your involvement hasn't reached all ears yet."
---
The little girl stares hard at Ves.

"You are indeed those things Vesri but you are also the 9th born with the spark of your progenitor." She raises her hand to her breast and Ves feels the same warm presence she felt earlier. "The shard within you was buried deep. You have not even realized yet we are speaking in the language of your progenitor."

She hops of the bed and lands lightly. "As I said, I am Serad. I am here to guide you." She looks back the beam of light landing on now empty spot on the bed. "Though I do have other duties which limit the time I can devote."
---
The woman working the bar gets a slightly disappointed look on her face but hides it.

"Ya...hmm. How 'bout I grab the cook and bring'r out an' ya can split the coin that way? Mistriss ain't one for changing her mind. We can call it 8 cop?"

Lurn notices that the common room is mostly empty with only a half dozen or so people passed out on the tables and floors and about as many awake breaking their fast. One is the gnome from the night before that had been up with the Mistress who is sitting across from the half orc that had been guarding the door. No one else in the room is familiar.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11784
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:50 pm

"Eight copper, then. Split it with the chef." Lurn withdraws eight copper pieces, handing them to the woman.
(Changed my sheet for that already)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15560
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:26 pm

Joe looks at the work and then at the shoppkeeper elf, sighing loudly at his story and rolling her eyes. She says nothing until after he leaves. "It ain't my buisness, but tha piece was worth quite a bit less than ye sold if fer. Where ye get tha fixture from?"

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:44 pm

"What."

Ves digs her fingernails hard into the palm of her hand and then rubs her eyes, sighing.

"Just... what. What are you talking about? What shard? What spark? What is a progenitor? What... language are we speaking? It is REALLY early for riddles."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2041

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:57 am

The woman behind the bar gives Lurn a big smile before turning her head and yelling towards an open door,

"Get out 'ere, fella wants to give ya a tip!"

This gets the attention of everyone awake in the common area and even wakes up one of the sleepers.
---
Jaq's father gives Joe a friendly smile,

"It was worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it! I do agree he will have a hard time finding someone willing to pay more for it though. Where did I find it?" He gets a distant look in his eyes, "I can't honestly remember. Probably some ruins somewhere before Jaq was born."
---
"You are the descendant of a celestial being, your many times great grandmother, and a piece of her power resides in you. We are speaking the language of the Celestials.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:51 am

Ves blinks and stares hard at the little girl.

"Ok. Prove it."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2041

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:46 am

As she stares the little girl shimmers into a very tall version of herself with lightly blue tinted skin. Her dress replaced by loose fitting pants and blouse. Her hair and eye color remain unchanged. Looking down at Ves' she says in a sonorous echoing voice,

"This is my true form. I have no way of proving your heritage beyond what you already know to be true. Think on the words coming out of your mouth and you will recognize them a Celestial."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:57 am

Despute her bravado, Ves cant help but shrink away from the towering figure just the tiniest bit before she catches herself and does her best to steel herself again.

"I... Wow. ...I thought you were just some kid from the whor- ... never mind. Sorry.

What do you want with me? You said you were my guide? Where would you have me go?"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2041

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:49 am

"I would guide you away from evil." Her very blue eyes sweeping the room before leaving back on Ves. "I would have you move in the light. Your reputed actions yesterday seemingly awoke what was dormant and were indisputably good. To find you here however...is less so."

She shakes her head and stands silently considering Ves,

"My time with you is short today, I have other obligations. Ask what you will and I will answer as I can."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 10, 2018 10:00 am

"My dad used to say that lights always shine brighter in dark places.

What do you want me to do? I don't really know where to start..."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2041

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:13 pm

"I would have you stop your associations with those running this establishment. I would..."

Serad pauses and tilts her head as if listening to something before continuing,

"I forget myself. I am here to help guide you, not to dictate your actions. I advise you to find others to associate with, but you must judge yourself what is best."

She pauses and seems to listen again and nods to herself,

"Continue to seek the path of right and light. Protect those who cannot protect themselves. I must go now but I will return as soon as I can."

She moves towards the door.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:37 pm

"...What happens if I don't? I mean, what does this shard even do?"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2041

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:23 pm

Serad pauses and half turns back to Ves,

"As you become more comfortable with the shard, the Celestial power within, you will yourself able to use it to perform wonderous acts. And if you choose not to protect and help? Well, let us hope that doesn't happen."

As her hand touches the door latch she shrinks back to her child form smoothly before the door has opened. She calls back in her child voice,

"Be good Vesri."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:30 pm

"I've never much liked being told what to do, you know."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2041

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:33 pm

She disappears out of Ves' sight down the hall heading left.
---
A very hairy tiefling stomps out of the kitchen. He is wearing a dirty apron and a sour expression. He addresses the bartender woman,

"What the hells you want? Just give me the orders like an Abyss damned normal person."

The woman smiles the same winning smile and responds,

"Get fucked Ebzar. Man 'ere wants ta pay us for breakfast." Ebzar looks confused at the woman then over to Lurn. "Paid 8 cops. 'eres your 4."

"Um, what? I mean, okay? Thanks." Ebzar takes his money and walks slowly back to the kitchen, casting a suspicious glance back at Lurn and the woman.

The half orc clears his throat loudly waves at Lurn to come over with a friendly grin and pushes a seat out for him.
---
((Joe's booze power is always active, let me know when you want it described.))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:06 pm

Ves gets up and looks down the corridor to the left (she sleeps wearing the soft wool top and trousers that she wears durng the day under her normal outerwear, so its a bit gross, but she'd certainly be at least somewhat dressed).

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11784
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:37 pm

Nodding to the chef and bartender, Lurn moves over to the half-orc's table, carefully taking a seat, "It seems you're off duty now, friend. How went the night?"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2041

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:05 am

((Isn't that gross, honestly things can't be that clean in a quasi-medieval setting.))

Ves looks out in the hall to find it empty, though the window is now open. On the third floor...
---
The gnome watches Lurn as he sits but says nothing as he eats a breakfast similar to the one Lurn received.

Grenk gives Lurn a wide grin,

"Cutter was mad when he woke up but he always pretty mad. After you and the blue rooster hair woman come in was quiet. You work here now like other big blue guy?"

The gnome coughs on a piece of breakfast as Grenk asks his question.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 14771
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:35 am

Ves jogs over to the window for a look.

Post Reply