Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11867
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:56 am

(Yeah, let's go with a human form, probably go for fairly old appearance. Glancing around the tavern, if the gnome or the others aren't present, Lurn will head for a corner table, where he mutters quietly to Jolly, "Things seem bad in this quarter. The dwarves must have been more strongly impacted than other races. Still, this is where we were told to meet, and if there was a change in plans there should have been ample time to send or leave a message... For now, let's get a meal. If nobody arrives in a reasonable time, then we'll have to go on our own."

("A reasonable time" is however long they have before Lurn has to leave to get out of the city's sight before his illusion wears off)
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15702
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:13 am

Joexwill head to the tavern and starts looking at the maps as she waits on the others.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:30 am

((In that case Joe will miss the soldiers and everything and arrive at the tavern long before the meeting time. You okay with just sitting at the table with Lurn and Jolly?))

Jolly nods and matching Lurn's volume says,

"Think we're a bit early but some food sounds good. Maybe a drink." He looks hopefully between Lurn and Joe.

After a couple minutes of just sitting it becomes apparent no one is going to come and take their orders, which Joe hasn't noticed as she pours over her new book. Jolly goes to the bartender,

"Can we get something to eat and a drink?" The dwarf looks up at Jolly and growls,

"Cook's sick. Serving lasses are sick an' aye only got the one damned leg so ye ain't getting food. What do you want to drink?"

Jolly looks back at Lurn and Joe questioningly.

((What is Joe looking for in the book? It seems that Masri Rindi was an elf scholar that prided himself on actually visiting the sites he writes about. The book has a large number of maps of different areas from north of Balyon all the way down to the tip of the Duchy (the fold out page variety) highlighting older ruins. His notes on how he found the sites are vague but he gives very detailed information about the sites he visited as well as noting where he expects others can be found. He includes several rubbings of inscriptions. He generally doesn't comment on the belief systems of the peoples and tries to be as neutral in his observations as possible, though his elf superiority does bleed through in places.))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15702
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:54 am

Right now Joe isn't loooking for anything in particilar, mostly looking at the maps and where he think there might be more. Joe looks up from her book when Jolly demands to be served and frowns at the state they are in. "Tha elves ain't 'elpin' are they." She looks around and sighs. "Ah knew they wouldnae care about us non elves but ta ignore ye in time o need is just sad. If ye dinnae 'ave many people ta tend ta then maybey ye should close fer a day o so so ye can heal from this 'ere trag'ty."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:44 am

((More maps or more sites? The book marks some potential areas for additional ruins if that is what you mean?))

The bartender shifts his gaze to Joe and says angrily,

"Ye telling meh how to run meh business? Ye don't think aye know what aye'm about running this place, halfling? Aye need help from the gods damned elves like aye need advice fram ye."

Jolly backs away to the table and the door opens and a short, blond half elf woman enters and looks around. She pauses her gaze on the group briefly before continuing to scan the tavern. Seemly not finding what she is looking for she goes to the bartender who is still staring at Joe and leans in and whispers some questions. The bartender shifts his angry gaze to her and shakes his head and gestures at Lurn and co.

The woman looks back over and shakes her head. She presses a coin on the bar and the dwarf, muttering, fills a mug for her. Mug in hand she takes a seat watching the door.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15702
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:07 am

"Tha' ain't what I meant at all. I know ye 'ave a lot on yer plate already with wha 'appn'd yest'rday."
Joe gives a sigh, and desides not to argue with the dwarf, he's already under a lot of pressure. If he does not wish for her advice, she will not give it. Instead she loooks downwards and doesn't respond.

(more for the potential ruins.)

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1561
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Dec 08, 2018 11:36 am

Jaq will stay in the area of Bren's shop and help those who are helping the dwarves for a bit. He will stay conscious of the time so that he is not late for the meeting at the bar.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:03 pm

((But doesn't try to wake and ask Bren anything? Otherwise Jaq can get to tavern.))

---

((One more con roll from Ves))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15031
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:27 pm


User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:44 pm

The pain in Ves' thigh expands but it helps take her mind off the stifling heat. At this point she is pretty sure she is bleeding a bit but the amount of liquid beneath her would indicate that the box is leaking too.

As the fluid, that is almost certainly a slurry of blood and liquid farm animal waste, reaches the nape of Ves' neck the wagon stops. The wagon shifts a little and there is some muffled sound to one side followed by the wagon moving again over some bumpy terrain for a short distance. The wagon rocks again and then Ves feels the wagon slowly tilt to one corner and more muffled voices. The wagon settles back down and a loud scraping sound starts to the side of the box, and then on the box and then to the other side of the box. Beneath the wagon she hears the old man curse as whatever is keeping the box in place and air flow open is disconnected.

The wagon rolls forward briefly and the box is pulled quickly and Ves feels herself falling briefly before the box hits the ground and something hits the top of the box. Within a few moments the top of the box is open and, squinting in the bright light, she sees the worried face of the old man framed by blue sky.

"Oh thank Tymora ya ain't dead." He slumps next to the box.

((Did Ves leave her stuff with anyone in the other group or did she have it with her?))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15031
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:59 pm

((That's an excellent question. I didn't really think about it, but she'd probably keep as much as would fit. The rest she'd give to Jolly or Joe to carry since they're most actively invested in joining the expedition and maybe less likely to nick it all and run))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:04 pm

((Would have been tight to take more than a small bag and maybe a weapon or two in the box with her. We can say most of her stuff is with Lurn/Jolly since they also didn't run off immediately so there was plenty of time to hand it off.))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1561
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:09 pm

If Bren looks healthy enough he’ll ask him about the metal blueprint. If he is out of it, Jaq will just let it go for now.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15031
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:12 pm

((sounds good to me - just herself and her staff then))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:32 pm

Bren wakes up as Jaq and Maq move him to his bed after changing his clothes and wiping his beard and seems to be slightly improved. As Jaq shows him with the metal blueprint his eyes get a bit of light in them,

"This is old lad, only seen one before!" He slides shaking fingers over the image and runes, reading silently. "Aye...hmm. Aye think it's a plan for the mine of Barad'Sik? Can't recall ever having heard of it... It's location is marked but there int nothing there far as aye know." He relaxes back into his bed. "Take that book there." He points to a slim pamphlet. "It's an old poem. Blends the new an' old dwarvish runes. If ye want to read this," he taps the plans with a nail, "ye should have to work a bit for it, else what kinda teacher would aye be? Yer mom'd have meh hide." He closes his eyes.

Jaq's father quickly takes him from the room and says,

"Get going, you going to be late. I will take care of Bren."

((Assuming Jaq goes to the tavern next? Also history roll please))

Jaq approaches the tavern and sees four horses tied up outside, three slender riding horses and one massive draft horse.
---
((Ves has her staff then! She is free to act now if you'd like.))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15031
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Ves rolls herself out of the box and takes her bearings.

"Yeah... You still got that whisky?"

When he offers it, she'll take it and pour a good amount onto the wound in her leg.

"Better'n nothing. Where are we?"

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1561
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:20 pm


User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 11867
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:41 pm

"I will pass on the drink." Lurn fixes Jolly with a steady gaze, "And you know you were told not to drink. You show up drunk and the guide will leave you behind, you know. Won't tell you not to have anything, but you'd best choose your drink carefully."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:01 pm

Jolly gives Lurn a shrug and sighs as he sits back down at the table to wait right as Jaq walks in.
----
Jaq knows that the area marked as being where the mine was located was part of the Dwarven kingdom at the time but that for whatever reason, they had given up their claim on the area long before the invasion.

As Jaq enters the tavern he spots Joe, Jolly and a stranger sitting in a corner, the bartender and a half elf woman watching him come through the door. The woman throws back the rest of whatever she was drinking and points at Jaq,

"You Jaq?"
---
Ves pulls herself out of the box and looks around. She sees a few buildings and a barn as well as a small road leading towards them and then further on. She also sees a pile of manure maybe 60 feet away by the side of a medium sized field and the end of the rough road. The buildings are more than 500 feet away and she can see people moving around them. She thinks she may be able to see a dot that is Stenrek to the south.

The old man produces the nearly empty bottle of whiskey and hands it to Ves.

"North of Stenrek. No where. Main road north is that way." He nods towards the houses. "Maybe can get some water to clean you up a bit back there?" He rubs his nose with the back of his hand. Ves notices that her back is completely soaked with foulness.

"They gonna keep after ya outta town?"

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1561
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:21 pm

Jaq is quickly taken aback by the half-elf who points at him as soon as he walks in the bar.
He says nothing at first, and is glad to see Joe in the bar at least.
He will walk closer to the women, but still stay at least 10 feet away, Not loudly, and not threatening in any way he states, "What? I just walked in here. Do I know you? " He will then glance quickly over to Joe and see if she seems to understand what is going on here.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 15702
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:01 pm

Joe gives Jaq a shrug when he looks at her.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:36 am

The woman grins and raises her eyebrows,

"Great, get yer buddies and let's go, Jaq."

She walks around Jaq and heads outside, pausing at the door to make sure they/Jaq are coming.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 15031
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:10 am

((Where is Ves supposed to go now? Was there a meeting place?))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1561
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:01 am

(Was this part of the plan Jaq had explained to him, or is this a surprise to him?)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2306

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:49 am

((No one has told Ves the plan, but to be fair she didn't ask. Jaq was likewise told nothing but to be at the tavern.))

The old man follows Ves' eye to the South.

"Think yer supposed to stand by the main road. They don't tell me much but guessing you were expecting someone?"

Post Reply