Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3650

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 17, 2019 8:38 am

Initiative:

Ves (30 hp)
Kroshav (21 hp)
Jolly
Dark Figure
Skeleton Guards
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (14 hp) <------
Melee
Range
Joe (8 hp)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16208
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 17, 2019 10:09 am

"What gift is that?"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3650

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 17, 2019 10:25 am

All the skeletons answer, which is probably confusing to Joe who didn't hear the question.

"Undeath and service to the Master. Come or be brought."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16208
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 17, 2019 11:44 am

"Oh right. Yeah. No."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16208
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri May 17, 2019 11:45 am

((Ves dropped her shortbow somewhere near Kroshav if anyone wants a ranged attack option btw))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3650

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri May 17, 2019 1:54 pm

"The tainted one speaks for you all?"

Again, very confusing for Joe as the skeleton next to her seemingly carries on a conversation by itself.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16465
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri May 17, 2019 5:28 pm

"Aye donnae know what ye be talkin' about but it ain't a great welcomin' party when ye get attack'd. Makes anybody suspicious ta follow ye know?"

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12402
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Fri May 17, 2019 10:04 pm

Lurn lets out a loud laugh at the offer of a gift, "Undeath? No, I have already received the greatest gift of all. I am provided the chance to serve my Lord by sundering so many foul undead. Whatever the others decide, under the call of the Lord Of The Dead I shall rend your forces limb from limb before you can claim an ounce of my body."

Spiritual Weapon attacking Skeleton 6: 1d20+5+2 = [16] = 23 1d8+5 = [8] = 13
Cure Wounds (If controlling Spiritual Weapon isn't a spell) (Targeting Lurn): 1d8+5 = [2] = 7
Toll The Dead (Skeleton 2) (If I can't use Cure Wounds): 1d12 = [11] = 11
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3650

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat May 18, 2019 4:29 am

Lurn manages to get his spiritual weapon under control and uses it to slice through skeleton 6, following his proclamation to do exactly that. Placing a hand on his back he utters a brief prayer and the worst of his wounds seal.

The figure doesn't respond to Lurn or Joe, unless the snapping shut of skeletal jaws and their attacks count as a response.

Skeleton 25 hacks at Joe, who is surprised after it had just tried talking to her, and plants the axe into the halfling's chest. Joe stumbles backwards, gasping as blood pours out the wound before collapsing in a heap. The skeleton doesn't move away from her.
► Show Spoiler
Inside the remaining three ranged skeletons open fire on three different targets. 2 fires at Lurn, 8 at Ves and 9 at Kroshav. Skeleton 2's arrow just misses Lurn but the bolt from 8 seems likely to hit (reaction to catch Thinks?). 9 finds a weak spot in Kroshav's armor from its position above the dragonborn and it's arrow sinks deep.
► Show Spoiler
Initiative:

Ves (30? hp)<------
Kroshav (15 hp)
Jolly
Dark Figure
Skeleton Guards
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (21 hp)
Melee
Range
Joe (0 hp) (PM me your death save)

((Map later tonight, updating from my phone))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16208
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 18, 2019 10:42 am

Not today archers!

1d10+5 = [9] = 14

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3650

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat May 18, 2019 10:45 am

((And what's she doing now :)))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16208
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 18, 2019 10:47 am

For her actual turn, which I now realise is up, she will move towards the new talkative enemy and take the Dodge action (like to about 30 feet away).

"Jolly, keep back behind Lurn and Kroshav. Help Joe and Jaq if you can!"

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3650

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat May 18, 2019 12:25 pm

Casually, almost dismissively, Ves swats the bolt flying towards her chest away as she moves towards the Figure and it's guards.

Neither the guards nor the figure react to her.

Jolly does respond,

"Uh, sure? What ya going to do?" Then after a pause. "Gods. One of'm got Joe!"

Initiative:

Ves (30 hp)
Kroshav (15 hp) <------
Jolly
Dark Figure
Skeleton Guards
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (21 hp)
Melee
Range
Joe (0 hp)
Last edited by Rodgeir on Sat May 18, 2019 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16852

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat May 18, 2019 12:56 pm

Kroshav will try to keep to what cover he has while moving to support Ves. He'll Lay Hands on himself for 10 HP.

"Lurn, can you get the Cap'n?", he grits over his shoulder.

Louder, he responds to the offer. "I've already sworn myself to an Order that wouldn't be wanting me to show up all skin and bones."
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3650

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat May 18, 2019 1:22 pm

Kroshav places a hand on his chest and the two arrows sticking out of his shoulders seem to rise of their own accord from his shoulder and neck before clicking to the floor. The wounds which the arrow's left are still raw but no longer look deep.

Jolly fires a quick shot at skeleton 2 and looks on with confusion as he manages to actually hit it. After a few seconds he remembers Ves' orders and moves outside into the cemetery.

Jolly attack: 1d20-1 = [13] = 12
Jolly damage: 1d8-1 = [4] = 3

The Figure doesn't respond to Kroshav and instead gestures one of the guards towards Ves. The guard is not able to reach Ves on its shorter than normal skeletal legs but doesn't appear to have friendly intentions. The Figure then turns and moves with quick, smooth steps to the pool at the top of the dais, whispering something that isn't audible but those inside the ruined structure can feel the words chilling them. The second guard takes position behind the Figure.

Initiative:

Ves (30 hp)
Kroshav (25 hp)
Jolly
Dark Figure
Skeleton Guards
Jaq (13 hp) <------
Lurn (21 hp)
Melee
Range
Joe (0 hp)

Map!

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16208
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat May 18, 2019 3:10 pm

"Oh that needs to stop right now..."

User avatar
spiderwrangler
Game Master
Posts: 16852

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by spiderwrangler » Sat May 18, 2019 4:11 pm

((Can Kroshav have moved around to south of the pillar, east of Ves?))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12402
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sat May 18, 2019 4:58 pm

((Let's see... 140' from Lurn to Joe, 60' on Healing Word, so I need to cover 80', can move 30' per turn, so I can be in range in three turns if I don't dash, two if I do on one turn... Burns, you'd better make one or two good saves, in case that one standing over you goes for coup de grace. XD))
"I'll be going for her, but you two are on your own in the meantime."

Lurn has his Spiritual Weapon float up to Skeleton 9 for one final attack, giving Skeleton 2 a final tolling, then sets to running for Joe (South 2, South-West 3 should use my full movement)
Spiritual Weapon Attack (Skeleton 9): 1d20+5+2 = [13] = 20 1d8+5 = [1] = 6
Toll The Dead (Skeleton 2): 1d12 = [11] = 11

((I'm pretty sure that's a 9 on the skeleton the blade is next to right now, at least.

Also, I'll start with dashing next turn, before anyone wonders. I only need to dash for one turn, and I can use Healing Word after the dash, so for the moment I'm just hoping Jaq can finish off the one skeleton left with Joe, and trying to provide what support I can to the remaining fight in the meantime.))
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Chronically Blathering
Posts: 1939
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Sat May 18, 2019 9:03 pm

Longbow attack: 1d20+7 = [16] = 23
Arrow Damage: 1d8+5 = [4] = 9

Jaq fires at the skeleton threatening Joe's fallen body.
What he does depends on if the skeleton dies.
If it falls, he will Dash to Joe with his cunning action and his regular movement.
As he is running there he will work on pulling out a very old healing potion that he grabbed from the very, very old temple. (Unless Lurn sees him and tells him to stop, he thinks this is all up to him to save her.)

If the skeleton does not fall, he will move closer to joe, but stay 70 feet away from the skeleton and yell "You still have me to deal with and I'm not going down easy!" hopefully taunting it to ignore Joe.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12402
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Sat May 18, 2019 10:43 pm

Lurn doesn't act until after Jaq, but if he's out there before Jaq tries the potion (And assuming the skeleton's down) he'll call out, "I'll tend to her! When there's no more danger here, go help the others!"
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3650

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun May 19, 2019 1:13 am

Jaq sends an arrow into, and ultimately through, skeleton 25 but it doesn't drop nor does it changes its focus from Joe so he moves within 70ft of it. Lurn sends his spiritual weapon floating upwards to strike skeleton 9 as it completes its swing it fades into nothingness. Turning to run out and help he give aid to Joe he first tolls the bells for skeleton 2 which collapses and crumbles down and over the lip of the stairs.

Skeleton 25 shoves its axe into a rotted belt and scoops up the unmoving Joe roughly under a bony arm before dashing towards the hole in the wall of the large structure.

Skeleton 8 stubbornly fires another bolt at Ves that again looks like it is going to hit. Skeleton 9, having lost track of Kroshav moves until he can see Ves and shoots at her undefended back but still misses as she twists to the side at the sound of a bow string releasing. (Catching 8's bolt I presume?).
► Show Spoiler
Initiative:

Ves (30? hp) <------
Kroshav (25 hp)
Jolly
Dark Figure
Skeleton Guards
Jaq (13 hp)
Lurn (21 hp)
Melee
Range
Joe (0 hp)

((Map later, Kroshav is SE, E of Ves'.

Anyone other than Joe would have slowed the skeleton down, she is just so tiny!))
Last edited by Rodgeir on Sun May 19, 2019 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16208
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sun May 19, 2019 6:34 am

Before I roll, Ves is dodging so everyone has disadvantage.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3650

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun May 19, 2019 7:34 am

Crap. Sorry.

8 still hits:1d20+4 = [15] = 19
9 misses: 1d20+4 = [2] = 6

Makes the choice easier! Edited above as well.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16208
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sun May 19, 2019 9:14 am

Cool, here's the roll I made before I remembered she was dodging :)

1d10+5 = [6] = 11

All right... This is probably stupid as shit, but Ves will bonus-dash to the dark figure, avoiding the guard for now, and striking it with her staff and a kick in whatever it might have for ribs:

2H Att: 1d20+5 = [20] = 25
Crit Damage: 2d8+3 = [7, 6] = 16

Kick is a miss: 1d20+4 = [1] = 5

User avatar
Rodgeir
Prattles on Unremittingly
Posts: 3650

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun May 19, 2019 9:53 am

((So Ves is SE of the Dark Figure and NE of guard 1 at her end point?

Please also give me a wisdom save for her, with advantage.))

Post Reply