Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16925
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:20 am

((I totally dropped it as a free action before I took off :lol: ...or at least I meant to haha! Oh well, she'll make sure he has it now))

Edit: sounds like we're meant to go west :D Ves will go near the front, watching carefully for anything out of the ordinary (e.g. secret passageways / twitchy corpses etc) as they go:

1d20+3 = [20] = 23

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4559

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:01 am

((I will post the map again so you can see what is on the west side of the church ruins, and the ruins as a whole.))

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16771
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:37 pm

”Sure, Ah’ll join ye but Ah think we should rest n get our spells back just incase.”

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4559

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:58 pm

The bones burning nicely the part move a bit to the west and look into the side of the ruins. It looks like some side rooms that connect to the larger room the fighting happened in. One room may have been used for storage and is littered with stones and pieces of glass. The use of northern most of the two rooms isn't as apparent but has scorch marks on the floor and one of the walls from something.

As Ves pauses and listens she is struck by how very quiet the area is. There are no normal sounds you would expect in the wilds. Nothing at all. Looking up she sees no birds in the sky. The area is, lacking a better word, seemingly dead.

Map!

((The map isn't great quality, will get a better one up tomorrow. It shows the entire ruins as last seen by the group. The main room is still not visible without going closer.))

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12783
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:29 pm

"Hm, not really much to see, is there? I suppose there's nothing much left of the place, just the trap to bring people and make undead."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16925
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:15 pm

"This whole place is dead. ...just... Listen. There's nothing living here."

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12783
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:53 pm

"Little surprise in that. The undead influence likely ignores no life. Everything would be exterminated."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16925
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:20 am

Ves moves forward, further into the unexplored ruins. Cautiously, and quietly (relatively anyway :) ))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4559

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:49 am

With her boots Ves moves quietly forward, any sound she makes being masked by her louder companions milling around outside. Kroshav especially seems to make enough noise for two people but Jolly isn't far behind.

Slipping into the northern room she doesn't spot anything of interest. It was probably fairly nice once back with it had all its walls and a roof. A quick look through the doorway to the east shows the larger room they were fighting in before. Nothing appears to have changed since they left and there is nothing moving.

She can't see the pool or most of the giant skeleton without moving through the door and a ways into the larger chamber.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16771
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:54 am

Joe starts looking for anything out of the ordinary, like traps or secret doors. Invest [1d20+4] = 11+4 = 15

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4559

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:42 am

Joe looks around the two rooms and doesn't find much of interest beyond what was clearly visible. Nothing looks to trapped, at least not anymore. She does notice an odd skeletal footprint in some loose dirt in the north room. The print itself is as ordinary as could be expected for a skeleton except it seems to have slightly melted the dirt it was pressed into.

Joe, having missed the fire skeletons, wonders what could have caused it.

Map!

((Better quality and a little bigger. Added back in all the dead skeletons on the far side where Ves, Kroshav and Lurn did most of their fighting.))

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16925
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:38 am

Ves shrugs and sighs.

"I don't see anything useful. Let's burn the giant skeleton's bones. If anything is going to come back, that's the one I really don't want to fight again. Might be that magic box of yours does something to it."

((Have we tried forcing the little box open?))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4559

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:45 am

((Nope))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2295
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:56 am

Jaq shrugs, ""We, didn't get too forceful with it, but whatever it is, it is helpful at least, so we don't want to break it. OK, lets go and roast some giant skeleton bones." He is slightly apprehensive about going back that close to the pool, but he is going to do it anyhow.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16925
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:55 am

To Jaq:

"You ok with this? Why don't you gather firewood first and keep back from the pool. Me and Kroshav and Lurn weren't too badly affected last time, and I want to keep Jolly away from it as much as possible anyway. He doesn't need to hear those voices again."

Ves moves towards the giant bones and prepares a fire.

((Apologies if I've just been stupid and missed it, but did we find a way down?))

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2295
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:58 am

"I'd be ok with moving in, but yeah, I'll stay back with Jolly for now. Yeah, there were those steps down underground. (He points in the direction of the HUGE staircase :) ) Those we'll do all together."

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16925
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:03 pm

(( :lol: cool stuff. I'm an idiot hahaha!))

"Definitely. Doesn't look like there's anywhere else to go. We should open that box first tho. If it keeps your hand-curse at bay we probably want it out."

User avatar
NotStickFigures
Floods your Ears
Posts: 2295
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by NotStickFigures » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:34 pm

Jaq gets the box out to show Ves. "It doesn't even have a keyhole, just an indent where a key might go. I worried that forcing it might just break everything."

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4559

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:53 pm

((It's got a small + shaped hole that only goes in 1/8" or so.))

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4559

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:56 pm

Rodgeir wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:21 am
Jaq picks up the small wooden box and finds it to be a bit heavier than expected. It looks to be made from some sort of dark hardwood and is highly polished. It's wider than it is tall but still fits comfortably in his palm. A quick examination reveals a small '+' looking hole on one of the shorter sides. There are no visible seams or hinges.

User avatar
thinkslogically
Game Master
Posts: 16925
Location: Florida

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:39 pm

"Well... Maybe we'll find a key. Somewhere..."

Ves gathers firewood and sets to making a bonfire for the big skeleton, checking the bones as she goes in case there's any markings or anything recognise on them. Oh and she'll humph the weapon (greatclub?) in first.

User avatar
Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
Posts: 16771
UStream Username: burnsbees
Location: Behind you
Contact:

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:55 pm

”Huh. Looks like a skelton footprint but it be a bit charr’d.” Joe points out the footprint.

User avatar
Dlover
Game Master
Posts: 12783
Location: Somewhere. Probably.

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Dlover » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:54 pm

Lurn glances at Joe's discovery, "hmn, would have been from one of those burning skeletons. There were a couple of those inside before you came in." The large man sets to hefting giant bones outside to where they can be more easily burned, starting with the legs. If they're worried about it raising again, then the first thing to do would be to stop it from walking around.
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4559

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:08 pm

After half carrying, half dragging the giant's club out Ves takes a moment to look it's bones over. She isn't able to make out any markings on bones she tosses into the bonfire. Lurn finds the giant's legs to be more crushed bits than whole pieces of bone but starts with them as he gives Ves a hand.

Nothing reacts to their being in the ruins gathering the bones that either of them can tell.

User avatar
Rodgeir
Babbles Incessantly
Posts: 4559

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:51 pm

((Everyone planning on just hauling and burning bones until they are all cleared out unless something happens?))

Post Reply