Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:00 pm

She's jogging onwards towards the temples unless there's any good reason to stop.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:23 pm

She passes more of the same for the 15 or so minute jog as she continues south and spots the first of the temples, the number of mumbles and shamblers increasing as she goes. By the looks of vine imagery on the side of it she guesses maybe it belongs to a harvest god or something.

((Religion if Vesri would actually care))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:13 pm

She has a passing interest, but doesn't know much.

Religion: 1D20 = [2] = 2

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:44 pm

Yep. A harvest god or something.
Last edited by Rodgeir on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:56 pm

With a bit of a grunt, Lurn starts climbing over the blockade.

Athletics: [3]+3= 6
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:03 pm

((Holy crap, dlover! Did you use up all your dice-rolling powers on your stats? :lol: ))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!
UStream Username: burnsbees

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:36 pm

The halfling tries to jump over some of the blocked parts of the street. acrobatics: 1D20+4 = [16]+4 = 20

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:40 pm

((Like I said. When I have good stats Lady Luck forsakes me. She's probably pissed that I made a joke about trading some stats with you after she gave them to me, too. XD ))
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:13 pm

((Well, maybe you just need a little bit of extra superstition in your life! ...I wonder how/when we're all going to meet up in this mess))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:56 pm

thinkslogically wrote: Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:13 pm ((Well, maybe you just need a little bit of extra superstition in your life! ...I wonder how/when we're all going to meet up in this mess))
(We barely missed each other I think! Lurm saw something on the roof out of the corner of his eye but we missed it)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:16 am

Lurn starts trying to climb over a stack of crates but finds that the top one is empty and ends up on his back with the empty crate on his chest. Joe takes a running jump, bounces between a stack of crates and a wall, jumps over a wagon, slides through a narrow space between tipped piles of crates and leaps to her feet (Ruby landing lightly on her should after all that). She turns and waits for Lurn. And waits. She watches the disguised firbolg slowly pick his way over the jam, nearly falling twice more, getting his foot stuck on some loose rope in a wagon, having to back track when he decides he can't make it over an obstacle. Eventually Lurn settles his feet tentatively on the ground next to Joe, ready to move on.

((You are no where near Vesri and Lurn just increased her lead! Whatever was on the roof, if there was something, wasn't Vesri.))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:25 am

"I swear, a man of faith isn't meant to be clambering about in such a mess." Grumbling, Lurn continues down the street.
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:52 am

Keep moving south until they reach a large intersection with roads leading to the east, west and south. While there are more people here there are relatively few standing or muttering.

((Perception please))

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:19 am

per: 1D20 = [8] = 8
Joe sees nothing important.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:21 am

Joe spots a sign noting what can be found each direction from this intersection. It appears they should take a left.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:24 am

Perception: [2]+7 = 9
My game:

My characters:

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:28 am

Joe goes to left with Lurm.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:28 am

As Lurn and Joe move towards the Prefect's estate they see an impressive wall of trees ahead of them. Not something they'd expect to see inside the walls of a city.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:50 am

Joe briefly looks at the trees, figuring they must be fruit bearing ones or have some sort of use. She goes up to the prefect's house and knocks at the door.

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:15 am

((Oh, you're not there yet! Check out the map, the green bar in front of the Elf quarter is this forest/park. You still need to get through the elf part of town to get to the Prefect's place.))

Some of the trees are probably fruit bearing as there are a lot of them but there are some evergreen too.

((Nature if you care to know more))

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:33 pm

Vesri approaches the first of the temples and finds its door spread wide...and full of unconscious Stenrekens. Mixed amongst the littered bodies are a few people in brown robes. There are more mutterers and stumblers here than in the middle of town and at least one person making a serious attempt to punch out a wooden carving in the side of the temple.

Looking around she spots another nearby temple, this one white with sun iconography all over it. While there is movement around it the people moving are not moving... right. Looking down the street she can see a dozen or more temples or shrines.

((Let me know what you want to do and I can let you know if you need a roll))

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:33 pm

At this point, she's all but giving up on finding help and is pretty close to leaving town...

She'd like to find a building with a low roof and climb up onto it. From her new vantage point, she'll yell:

"Hello!? Is anyone still sane in this town? Helloooooooo!!"

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:27 pm

[quote=thinkslogically post_id=263449 time=1535253206 user_id=83 ...I wonder how/when we're all going to meet up in this mess))
[/quote]

Easy. You’re all gonna get captured by hobgoblins and some unknown thief is going to rescue you.

Arch Lich Burns
Will NOT Shut Up!

Post by Arch Lich Burns » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:18 pm

Joe tries to quicken her pace to the Prefect's office.

(My sense of direction is kinda bad, and I am generally not that good with maps and your description confused me a bit as to being very close to it.)

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:32 pm

"I suppose the wealthy come here rather than leaving the town." Not really minding the trees, Lurn continues toward the Prefect's.
My game:

My characters: