Tests and Trials

Home to all current Forum Games.
thinkslogically
Game Master

Re: Tests and Trials

Post by thinkslogically » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:32 pm

"Do you want to go further in? Or turn round and go back? I don't mind bugs if they know we're not a threat... But I don't want to be their dinner either."

((Can we have Joe do a history check on this place? Shes an archaeologist after all - might be she knows where this place goes and what it's original purpose was before it became a weird storage space for dead backpackers))

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 pm

"The hall narrowed out and became less constructed, yes? This is probably their nest, so we should go back."
My game:
Hunters of Letrua; Character list
Also Player / Monster stats, skill lists.

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:23 am

Joe, from her experience in other ruins, would guess the rooms behind them had some religious significance. Perhaps meditation rooms?

The area they are in now though is more natural than the rooms and it's likely that the carved hallway ran into a natural cave system. Whether or not that was the intention she can't say. She knows enough about insects (and people) to know the centipedes didn't carve this area and doubts they would have their nest so close to the undead danger, which they seemed to be aware of?

Joe history and nature: 1D20+4 = [7]+4 = 11
1D20+2 = [18]+2 = 20

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:31 am

"Not a nest? But to be that close in such numbers... I suppose those that passed us were checking for the presence of undead, maybe? But I have to wonder why they were here, then. It is a true shame that I can only make myself understood, and not understand in kind."
My game:

My characters:
Tugs Tails, the goblin that was sort of a trapper and wears a bear's tail at his neck, for some reason - Lair of the Mountain King (Run by Thinks)
Alex Sparo, A city boy, poor of sight, who has learned to manipulate people and make the most of what he, and others, have - Trinity Isles (Run by Mort)
Mehriv Turajin, a Noble Dragonborn Sorcerer sent from his clan because he wasn't dragony enough. - The Wandering Archipelago (Run by Thinks)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:35 am

Jolly adds loudly to be heard over the roar,

"It did do a pretty dance for you."

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:03 am

"It did, but it's hard to know whether it was trying to suggest something or just being friendly. Maybe they were here to make sure the undead wouldn't encroach further? The undead are enemies of all- Well, undead like those we fought are the enemies of all living beings, at least. I cannot claim that all are evil, having met Triss. Maybe the centipedes fought back against the undead, and the undead sealed the passage to prevent them from continuing to attack? Alas, all I can do is guess."
My game:

My characters:

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:04 am

((So, forward or back?))

NotStickFigures
Prattles on Unremittingly

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:10 am

"Well, I'm pretty fast if I want to be and need to run. And alone I can move quietly and hide. If you would like, I can try to see what is further ahead. Maybe see if the insects moved on, or if they are just in the next area. I'd be willing to check if you want to try moving further in. "

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:13 am

Ves nods.

"Want some company? I'm pretty fast as well."

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:15 am

"Sure, and if the bugs are still there, we just leave them alone and turn around, sound good?"

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:39 pm

"Sounds perfect. Lurn, will you tell them that we mean no harm and just want to make sure there are no more undead here?"

When Lurn has said his piece, Ves will follow Jaq into the dark, recasting Light for Kroshav before she leaves.

Dlover
Game Master

Post by Dlover » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:36 pm

Being that the others are interested in going forward, Lurn sighs, "I told them we'd not intrude in their nest, but I suppose since it seems unlikely that this is their nest I can do so. But my presence would disrupt any hope for stealth. Do you truly wish for me to follow?"
My game:

My characters:

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:38 pm

Kroshav plays a guessing game with Jolly and Joe while they wait. He's not very good at it.
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:49 pm

"No, just yell it... Actually never mind. Back in a minute."

Ves heads out and promptly kicks a whole bunch of rocks loudly down the path.

Stealth: 2D20.HIGH(1)+3 = [4, 1]+3 = 7

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 25, 2019 2:22 am

Ves manages to make more noise than a waterfall as the rocks she kicks slide on the thin layer of water on the floor an bounce from wall to wall out of sight.

Assuming nothing heard that she creeps forward past where Kroshav took his sniff. The mist is so thick she almost misses the floor ending. Pausing at the edge she squints and thinks she can just see a huge stream of water pouring in from somewhere above into the hole. The roof of this room isn't visible. To her left she sees a thin lip of floor skirting the hole's edge and a steep, slanted wall. Taking a step to the left she can see the lip goes as far as she can see (about 15 ft) but would be risky to try and transverse due to how narrow it is and the inward slant of the wall.

No centipedes come to greet Ves and she sees no sign of them. Looking down into the gap in the floor she wonders how deeply it goes.

Tira is by far the best at the guessing game, but keeps the answers to herself so it's fun for the others.

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:09 am

Jaq follows after Ves and once he sees the only path left to follow just shakes his head. "That's a certain way to die. We've hit a dead end I think, Ves."

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:05 am

"I agree. Looks like this is as much as we'll find here."

Ves returns to the group and helps rummage through the room of mouldy backpacks.

((Probably won't be online again much today, so please just have Ves help as needed))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:24 am

"Is it a horse?

Ummm... a cow?

A donkey?

A horse?

Oh, hey, they're back!"
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:09 am

Jolly shakes his head, an exasperated look on his face,

"For the third time, Joe already said it was a plant. Hells, she started out with that."

He looks ready to go as does Joe.

"Ya find anything?"

((Is anyone looking for something specific in the heap? If so roll me an investigation. Otherwise I will just assume the group is looking for valuables, gold and magical items.

The sorting will take at least four hours.))

NotStickFigures

Post by NotStickFigures » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:20 am

Jaq is looking for valuables as you stated, but also anything in the pile made of metal that would have survived the passage of a long time.

Investigation: 1D20+1 = [11]+1 = 12

thinkslogically
Game Master

Post by thinkslogically » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:46 am

I'd like Joe to do her Detect Magic on the pile as we go (ritual)

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:02 am

((Yep, she is going to do that. Ves want a new set of pots while she is at it?))

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:30 am

"Oh, right, a plant... ummm... yeah, think you win this round, Joe!"

((Kroshav would be keeping an eye out for symbols of The Fist, or any of the individual symbols of the Five among the discarded belongings. He'd also have more than a passing interest in anything of noteworthy quality smithing.))
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

Rodgeir
Practiced Orator

Post by Rodgeir » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:04 am

((Investigation from Kroshav please!))

spiderwrangler
Game Master