GoFundMe for Elli

Discuss the comic here!
RocketScientist
Global Moderator

GoFundMe for Elli

Post by RocketScientist » Sun Jul 09, 2023 6:17 pm

So Elli is trying to move out of her house, and she's running a GoFundMe to make it happen. If you want to donate, it's here:

https://gofund.me/e1630b1d

You can also read about it on her Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/EllipsisGoblins

Generic
Converses Frequently

Re: GoFundMe for Elli

Post by Generic » Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:37 am

I, umh... Did she not get a house? Should'nt she have like, half a house worth of money if Danielle is keeping the place? I thought that was how divorces worked.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Mon Jul 10, 2023 4:47 pm

I would think so, but I have no idea. She just said she's moving out so Danielle won't have to keep staying with friends. I guess it depends how much of their mortgage is paid off. They only fundraised the money for the down payment, IIRC.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:44 pm

I still find it odd. Then again, I have no idea how long s canadian divorce takes.

What does it mean that the destination is "safe"? Is she going in hiding?
You won't sleep when you're dead either.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:55 am

I don't know what kind of agreement these two got, and we might never find out. It is their agreement on how to move forward.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Tue Jul 11, 2023 5:57 am

I have no idea what safe means in this context. You could always ask her on Twitter.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jul 11, 2023 3:02 pm

Me neither.
Just that
https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-elli-move wrote:Where I'm moving to is inexpensive and safe, but it's far.
But "safe" is extremely relative, and what I consider "safe" for myself and my family might feel unsafe for transgender persons.
She might have found an artists colony that is willing to take her under the collective's umbrella, she might have found another forest cabin,...
Both options would be "safe", and "cheap". And again, "cheap" is also very relative.

We might never find out, and as a semi-public person she might be well-advised to not be all too open about where she's moving.
But there are also legal requirements. She is a publisher, and as such needs an address published (at least in Europe publishers need a physical address).
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)