Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

30 January 2024: This is HUGE

Post by Krulle » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:08 am

BOOP

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-2-2024 : This is HUGE

Tu Dae Fadda!

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-2-2024 wrote:
► Show Spoiler
first posted image without backgrounds
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Re: 30 January 2024: This is HUGE

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:41 am

Do we know if she's going to finish coloring this when she's settled in Canada?
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:29 pm

Yes, she intends to. (see BOOP! (TwiX update notification).)

But she wanted to get out a second page January.
And since she saw she could not finish it anymore, she posted it "as is".

(just remember, a decade ago she posted 2 pages/week)

But her trip to Canada became an adventure, as the computer system booked her for a different flight than the ticket showed. (much earlier - hence she missed the flight and in the end had to sleep on a bench in the airport Vancouver (twiX thread, and another post about
waking up to strange neighbours)

(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

GazC
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by GazC » Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:10 pm

I'm not surprised the forum is dying. The constant mooching from its fans in return for sparse updates has worn thin. I did speculate that we might see some progression given that its need for money is directly connected to the frequency of its updates. I am beyond pity for it and while I will likely gain the ire of its hardcore fans for my comments, I have no regrets in speaking what I see as the truth.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:23 pm

You're not wrong.

Also, interests change, many readers moved on. The low update speed then is not helpful in gaining new readers.

And there are no public links in the official channels (webpage/discord/twiX) to this place of discussion.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:18 pm

Krulle wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:23 pmAnd there are no public links in the official channels (webpage/discord/twiX) to this place of discussion.
This is what I thought was the main problem.

I would think that if the GoFundMe campaigns were the problem, then the Discord would be seeing similar die off. Is it? I honestly have no idea. I don't go there b/c I don't really care for Discord.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:13 pm

And the GoFundMe campaigns are going much better than I would've expected them to go with the current slow update cycle.

(But then, I read Outsider, a webcomic that's been consistently doing only 4-10 pages a year. The artist is not even trying to live from the work although he does have a Patreon)

sensate
Remains Silent

Post by sensate » Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:03 pm

Getting out of Hell "really isn't possible." BUT, demon summoning is a known thing in-comic. All you need is to know the demon's true name

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:21 am

I wonder though if the name given in the naming ceremony is the "true name".
And if not, if Complains of Names actually knows his own true name.

(There are plenty of stories around where a demon has to find its true name itself.... That's how I got to "what is his true name even?")

Bapuvitttssf
Of Few Words

Post by Bapuvitttssf » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:07 am

sensate wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:03 pm Getting out of Hell "really isn't possible." BUT, demon summoning is a known thing in-comic. All you need is to know the demon's true name
Isn't the true name needed to banish the demon back to hell? I can't remember though...

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:28 pm

Bapuvitttssf wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:07 am
sensate wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:03 pm Getting out of Hell "really isn't possible." BUT, demon summoning is a known thing in-comic. All you need is to know the demon's true name
Isn't the true name needed to banish the demon back to hell? I can't remember though...
I think you might be right. That's what Kin did. All I can find in the SRD about summoning demons is that you use a summon monster spell. I can't find anything about what to do to get a specific demon. I guess it works however the DM says it does.

Generic
Converses Frequently

Post by Generic » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:37 pm

GazC wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 1:10 pm I'm not surprised the forum is dying. The constant mooching from its fans in return for sparse updates has worn thin. I did speculate that we might see some progression given that its need for money is directly connected to the frequency of its updates. I am beyond pity for it and while I will likely gain the ire of its hardcore fans for my comments, I have no regrets in speaking what I see as the truth.
Hah! Even if you collected all the ire of everyone left in this tomb I doubt you would have more than a mugfull.
You won't sleep when you're dead either.