Discuss the comic here!
RocketScientist
Global Moderator

March 2, 2024 - Goodbye

Post by RocketScientist » Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:53 pm

Update:

https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-3-2024

Well that was sad. :'(

And it leaves me with questions. Will we see what happens to him? Who will be acting Chief while he's gone?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

02 March 2024 - A walking Dinner Bell

Post by Krulle » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:43 am

Ellipsis already hinted at this on twitter, but I'll spoiler it nevertheless. (also for image size).
► Show Spoiler
@Ellipsis: Do I read "bonus stories for physical copies" here?
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Plasmeus
Mutters to Themself

Re: March 2, 2024 - Goodbye

Post by Plasmeus » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:02 pm

I wish Ellipsis would only post finished pages.

Otherwise we end up with something like this.
https://www.goblinscomic.com/comic/page-9-2023

I bet the full version would've been incredible. And was even teased if I'm remembering right. But never put up afaik.

I've got no problem with the pace. I only check in every now and then now and have come to terms with it. I understand the constant drama in her life. I've been through some myself. But I'm just kinda worn down as a long time fan with the 2 old physical copies. With the extra stories about forgath's armor etc.

It's not that I'm against a physical copy because I like Krulle's idea, and genuinely enjoyed the extras from before. But I'm not sure I'd fork out for another physical copy. Not sure on the history but those may have only happened because of blind ferret at the time (or whatever it was called. I cannot keep track. Pushing out physical copies of books for all their comics and since Goblins was temporarily under their umbrella so to speak at the time? Idk I feel like I'm not remembering correctly? But I could've sworn it came out around the time Sohmer was pushing LICD books and everything else, then there was some drama about the control of the goblinscomic.com domain too? Pardon my lack of grammar.)

Especially after the last Tempts Fate, Goblins: AR, Goblins Animated.

For me to be convinced to get another physical copy I'd have to see some consistency with updating a bit more often.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:36 am

no new copies physical were made under "Blind Ferret".
The physical copies were even older, and just republished under blind ferret.

And yes, the update scheme hurts Elli's income.
And it hurts the sheer number of her fanbase.
Less comics, less fans, even less newcomers to replace the lost ones.
As a result, less income.

And there are more pages that have not been "finalised", i.e. missing shading and the like.
Less blatant than the one you linked, though.
(BTW: twitter dig:
Your linked page was announced on 1 August 2023.
Later that week she had a fail with Airbnb, and end of that month she had a temporary working place set up.
I did ping her again about this page, by replying to my own post in which I commented the lack of the flower necklace on Plush (which suddenly went missing for the fighting scene).

(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:16 am

Fully coloured image is finally up.

Typhlosaurus
Remains Silent

Post by Typhlosaurus » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:14 am

I'd almost forgotten about this page.... but the forum update notified me and the finished page is simply stunning. Amazing artwork.

j-prime
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by j-prime » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:15 am

I’m confused by a couple things on this page. First off, I thought that the lore underlying Goblins was D&D based - albeit heavily home-rolled. But Complains’ talks about opening a portal to Hell when d&d demons come from the Abyss. Hell is where devils are from. The two classes of fiends are very much not the same.

Secondly, Complains claims that the smell of Ears would be “like a walking dinner bell” to other demons but… the two of them can’t stand each other’s smell! They’re even repulsed enough to have had to stand apart from each other.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:59 am

Still, in hell Big Ears would have a lot more problems defending himself, and that would also include his soul.

The Devils and Demons would still come for Big Ears.

RocketScientist
Global Moderator

Post by RocketScientist » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:15 pm

IIRC Elli said once that her demons and devils all come from the same place. Unfortunately, I don't remember where/when it was that she said that, but I feel like it was a long time ago.