3rd June 2013: That Sentence Makes No Sense

Discuss the comic here!
Insane Kitty
Whispers Softly

Re: 3rd June 2013: That Sentence Makes No Sense

Post by Insane Kitty » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:00 pm

I am thinking that is PsiMax, the 2 alts in the background are going to show up to attack MinMax, Psi will blow their heads off, Minmax will say something stupid with show me how you blew them up, and turn blue like a smurf, and Psimax will turn into gargamel, and as we all know, gargamel always loses.
Well, you may be right
I may be crazy
Hey!
But I just might be a lunatic you're looking for!

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:55 pm

apotato wrote:on another tangent, it wouldn't be in psimax's best interests to approach minmax156 covered in liquified snake...could go poorly quickly
I don't think it really matters what state Dinkface approaches Minmax in; Minmax has made it very clear he intends to kill him, twice.

langerhans
Of Few Words

Post by langerhans » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:22 am

apotato wrote:on another tangent, it wouldn't be in psimax's best interests to approach minmax156 covered in liquified snake...could go poorly quickly
so we're all agreed, it's just psimax and the reason for the slight delay was that he went of to have a quick power shower and a change of trousers :P

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:50 am

I think Psimax may try to goad Minmax into drawing Oblivious, so he can try to take it. If Kin was able to ascertain its properties at a glance, Psimax should've been able to do likewise while scrying Minmax.

Minmax will probably do what most players would do: draw Oblivious and try to murder the smug right off of Psimax's face. Alternatively, he might just rush him, and start beating him to death with his bare hands...not as a strategic move, but because he's pissed.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Dendr
Whispers Softly

Post by Dendr » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:00 am

I must be PsyMax. No one else.

First fact. These boots and pants are worn by various Minmaxes (for sure, they were all bought in Brassmoon). (neither pro nor con)
Second fact. Nobody other talks of reality numbers but Psymax. (huge pro)
Third fact. Psymax was going to come there personally. And left. (pro)
Fourth fact. There wasn't any "THHHUK". (con)
Conclusions? Frankly... no idea.

But all of this doesn't matter. Here's my explanation: go back to this page, 2nd frame.
See the hand which is grabbing sword? The glove is not black, it's purple (it's not transparency effect, it is different color). Apparently, next Minmax-156's actions are: yelling curses towards Psymax (something like "You purplehanded bastard!") to change color and drawing Oblivious to attack.

Okay. If it wasn't him, then who? E.g. Goldenmax (a.k.a. Guesser)? Uh-uh. Minmax156 does not hate him, why would he hit him without a reason, especially while he is prone? Okay, let's imagine, he attacks. How? Barehands? Because he must turn purple before having sword, remember? Thus, no weapon. But this's stupid even for Minmax.

So, here's the sequence:
  1. Psymax appears
  2. MM156 curses
  3. Glove (armor) changes its color
  4. MM156 attacks with Oblivious
Well, it still could be another Max's boots, but it's unlikely. If it happens to be true, then he is already dead man anyway: before Minmax-156 acts somehow, Psymax slaughters that guy immediately to start the sequence above. So why was BootOwner shown?

Thus, it is Psymax.

langerhans
Of Few Words

Post by langerhans » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:20 am

Dendr wrote:I must be PsyMax. No one else.

First fact. These boots and pants are worn by various Minmaxes (for sure, they were all bought in Brassmoon). (neither pro nor con)
Second fact. Nobody other talks of reality numbers but Psymax. (huge pro)
Third fact. Psymax was going to come there personally. And left. (pro)
Fourth fact. There wasn't any "THHHUK". (con)
Conclusions? Frankly... no idea.

But all of this doesn't matter. Here's my explanation: go back to this page, 2nd frame.
See the hand which is grabbing sword? The glove is not black, it's purple (it's not transparency effect, it is different color). Apparently, next Minmax-156's actions are: yelling curses towards Psymax (something like "You purplehanded bastard!") to change color and drawing Oblivious to attack.

Okay. If it wasn't him, then who? E.g. Goldenmax (a.k.a. Guesser)? Uh-uh. Minmax156 does not hate him, why would he hit him without a reason, especially while he is prone? Okay, let's imagine, he attacks. How? Barehands? Because he must turn purple before having sword, remember? Thus, no weapon. But this's stupid even for Minmax.

So, here's the sequence:
  1. Psymax appears
  2. MM156 curses
  3. Glove (armor) changes its color
  4. MM156 attacks with Oblivious
Well, it still could be another Max's boots, but it's unlikely. If it happens to be true, then he is already dead man anyway: before Minmax-156 acts somehow, Psymax slaughters that guy immediately to start the sequence above. So why was BootOwner shown?

Thus, it is Psymax.
Agreed, i just don't feel that dramatically any other character has been teed up enough to make a surprise appearance now

Jon Snow
Mutters to Themself

Post by Jon Snow » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:25 am

Gold Max?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:26 am

Is the one with Grinnorarcen (NotWalter)

Edit: post nomber 666 for me.
That makes 6.66 posts/day.
Goes to Hell (normal title for 666 posts)
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:48 am

Dendr wrote: Fourth fact. There wasn't any "THHHUK". (con)
Easily explained. Psimax went THHHUK in the tower room just after he left the gears room - we just didn't see it. There's been plenty of Kinship verbosity in the interim to indicate several rounds have passed.

Heck, he had time to clean at least one his boots... :D

Calemor
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Calemor » Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:54 am

The last color Our Minmax will have said before he pulls out the sword again is BLUE, not purple. (I'm looking at panel 2 of this comic.) Compare the color of the glove to the purple of Psymax's arm. The glove is a very different shade, and I highly doubt Minmax will say anything like "indigo" or "navy" any time soon.

Why does this matter?...I dunno, I just like to nitpick.

Zambee
Whispers Softly

Post by Zambee » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:06 am

There are a couple of things in the room that would be the target of Mimmax's "blue" utterance such as the Kin with Blue hair and tail and the Blue fire.
As for Psimax's clean boots, it's also entirely possible that THunt has simply made an error like he did in the 1st panel here when he drew Kin with her Leash wrapped around her arm (and then later corrected after noticing it during Live Chat drawing).

Also, I wondered if it wouldn't just be easier for Psimax to kill everyone in the Maze so that he's the last one standing then calculate Oblivion. If everyone else is dead, wouldn't that make for a less chaotic set of variables? He could take his time since all the variables will remain constant due to alts not killing each other or interacting with the maze.
Last edited by Zambee on Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

langerhans
Of Few Words

Post by langerhans » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:07 am

Calemor wrote:The last color Our Minmax will have said before he pulls out the sword again is BLUE, not purple. (I'm looking at panel 2 of this comic.) Compare the color of the glove to the purple of Psymax's arm. The glove is a very different shade, and I highly doubt Minmax will say anything like "indigo" or "navy" any time soon.

Why does this matter?...I dunno, I just like to nitpick.
i'm on the fence on this one, while it doesn't appear to be the same shade as the typical purple IME/psimax's arms, it also appears to be a darker shade than when he first said blue ("why not grey? or blue?")

http://www.goblinscomic.com/02032012/

hard to tell due to the translucent nature of the image and the fact that it's against a background

http://www.goblinscomic.com/05212013/

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:21 am

MM: "I'm going to kill you! You BLUE up Kin!!!"

I think it is a shade of purple personally.

Zambee
Whispers Softly

Post by Zambee » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:23 am

It's definatly the same Blue as earlier, just lighter in colour due to the slight transparency.

langerhans
Of Few Words

Post by langerhans » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:51 am

Zambee wrote:Image
It's definatly the same Blue as earlier, just lighter in colour due to the slight transparency.
hmm okay, i think it looked a little different to my eyes because the more recent one hasn't been coloured

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:58 am

I wonder if that suit of armor comes from the reality where colours have magical properties? Could help in this fight. Or maybe the magic colour effects only work in that particular reality.

Listed here: http://duke.a-comics.ru/fmk/ as Reality 42 ((unconfirmed)
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

langerhans
Of Few Words

Post by langerhans » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:14 am

BeanDip wrote:I wonder if that suit of armor comes from the reality where colours have magical properties? Could help in this fight. Or maybe the magic colour effects only work in that particular reality.

Listed here: http://duke.a-comics.ru/fmk/ as Reality 42 ((unconfirmed)
if it is i really hope that it's not discovered until after the MoM, otherwise it would seem a bit forced and unexpected in an arbitrary sort of way that suggests Thunt has written himself into a corner, and Thunt doesn't write himself into corners.

Simon
Speaks Quietly

Post by Simon » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:12 am

About the colour, I had a little mess around, darkening the image, and I know it's totally not proof, but it seems like it might be the same blue, just lighter because of the transparency.
Just thought I'd say lol :)

I can't remember if we saw it in the comic, but do homophones change the armour colour? (I mean, I'd have thought so, what with the Noe/no/know thing). But anyway, I agree with the whole blew/blue thing as being the most likely reason for the armour colour. I wonder whether Minmax actually knows Kin's tail was exploded (instead of just knowing she was in pain) or whether Psimax has to tell him (probably as part of goading him into drawing oblivious?)

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:16 pm

A quick scan through the archives, and it looks like the only MinMax's we've seen wearing those boots are MinMax 156, GoldMax and PsiMax. We've got conflicting information on which MinMax it is: calling our MinMax "MinMax 156" indicates PsiMax, no gore on boots indicates that it's not PsiMax. I lean a bit toward it being GoldMax, in part because of the gore, and in part because PsiMax doesn't seem to be much of one for idle chitchat. He teleports into a place and just gets down to business, without any sort of greeting.

Keir
Remains Silent

Post by Keir » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:06 pm

Psimax does seem to like to keep his boots and pants clean... If we assume that either Psimax cleaned himself, or that both of these comics share the same error, I think it's obvious it's Psimax (Especially since the MysteryMax numbered him, I've come to think that Psimax numbered each reality himself).

apotato
Knows Everything

Post by apotato » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Zambee wrote:There are a couple of things in the room that would be the target of Mimmax's "blue" utterance such as the Kin with Blue hair and tail and the Blue fire.
As for Psimax's clean boots, it's also entirely possible that THunt has simply made an error like he did in the 1st panel here when he drew Kin with her Leash wrapped around her arm (and then later corrected after noticing it during Live Chat drawing).

Also, I wondered if it wouldn't just be easier for Psimax to kill everyone in the Maze so that he's the last one standing then calculate Oblivion. If everyone else is dead, wouldn't that make for a less chaotic set of variables? He could take his time since all the variables will remain constant due to alts not killing each other or interacting with the maze.
the maze may reset on a timer as well. it's likely reset on 100% fatality, exceeding a reasonable time limit and i personally reckon thats the only conditions it resets. i still firmly believe that red= bad and the final portal being red simply kills the entrants

otherwise that's the other condition. finishing the maze.

with the alts all running about the tower room it's safe to assume if a timer is involved it's winding down to the end very soon.

a timer resolves any issues with stabilised cripples or cowards

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:53 pm

I don't think it makes good sense, from a storytelling perspective, for it to be GoldMax. Just saying "Minmax 156" solidifies it as PsiMax. GoldMax had no idea which reality "our" FMK belonged to. PsiMax seems to be the only one with that kind of knowledge and it'd be a weird bump in the action for it to be anyone except PsiMax.

PsiMax could be chatting to learn more about Oblivious. He's got a purpose so it's not idle chit-chat and he needs the knowledge to complete his Oblivion Machine. My vote is leaning towards PsiMax getting Oblivious but it being totally useless because he completely understands it. Thunt wouldn't have given us that bit of foreshadowing if it wouldn't come into play. Conservation of detail and all that

Sometimes I feel like Elan...
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

Rndom
Mumbles Incoherently
UStream Username: RndomGy519

Post by Rndom » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:23 pm

mnementh wrote:Yeah, so pretty much "This update, everybody dies."
GoT S3E9 spoiler:
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:09 pm

BeanDip wrote:Sometimes I feel like Elan...
Better than feeling like Nale. :classy:

Also I agree with your logic.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

langerhans
Of Few Words

Post by langerhans » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:26 am

Colouring updated, and the kin splash has been added to the boots so yeah, it is Psimax