3rd June 2013: That Sentence Makes No Sense

Discuss the comic here!
RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Re: 3rd June 2013: That Sentence Makes No Sense

Post by RidcullyJack » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:29 am

Prediction: Minmax won't be talking about anything blue. He will mis-understand a complicated word that Psimax uses, like "panda lung" or "Sarah puked it", and say "blue" trying to figure out what the Dinkface means.
Last edited by RidcullyJack on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Calemor
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Calemor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:40 am

Yeah, the splishiness dashes my theory. But it was fun.

Sessine
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Sessine » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:35 am

It took me a moment to realize what happens between panels 7 and 8...

Panel 4: whirling madly. Panel 5: can barely hold on. Panel 6: flung clear just in time to avoid being crushed by the arm landing on him.

Panel 7: thunks down hard, on his back -- Uh! Likely the armor absorbs a lot of the impact. Good armor.

Panel 8: he bounces. Stomach this time. Oof!
► Show Spoiler

lukewarm
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by lukewarm » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:14 am

GhedJennar wrote:Keep in mind that Kin said much earlier the Oblivious is inversely as strong as the wielders understanding of it. Psimax if he does take the sword will make Oblivious useless.
So the FINAL CONFRONTATION could consist of PsiMax trying to explain the sword to MinMax?

Kamos
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Kamos » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:09 pm

I don't think any of us want to see the amount of pages that would take.
ImageImage Feed the beast please.

Marnath
Is Heard Often

Post by Marnath » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:26 pm

Sessine wrote:It took me a moment to realize what happens between panels 7 and 8...

Panel 4: whirling madly. Panel 5: can barely hold on. Panel 6: flung clear just in time to avoid being crushed by the arm landing on him.

Panel 7: thunks down hard, on his back -- Uh! Likely the armor absorbs a lot of the impact. Good armor.

Panel 8: he bounces. Stomach this time. Oof!
Well, we did already know the armor was pretty awesome. I mean, Not-Walter hit Minmax so hard he went flying and the impact didn't even take his breath away. So this fits with that.

Gracie
Remains Silent

Post by Gracie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:27 pm

No onyx in this update? :( shes so cute!

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Kamos wrote:I don't think any of us want to see the amount of pages that would take.
I found footage of that conversation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCh0BXdVtmE
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:52 pm

lukewarm wrote:
GhedJennar wrote:Keep in mind that Kin said much earlier the Oblivious is inversely as strong as the wielders understanding of it. Psimax if he does take the sword will make Oblivious useless.
So the FINAL CONFRONTATION could consist of PsiMax trying to explain the sword to MinMax?
Wouldn't work, Minmax has immunity to education, along with +5 AC vs. lectures. He didn't even have to trade anything for it....
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

EatsAbug
Whispers Softly

Post by EatsAbug » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:15 pm

I wonder - what would happen if MinMax were to reach out and pull his sword out of the position where PsiMax is standing?
Nothing?
Or would it behave as an Oblivion hole?
:shrug:

MrBogey
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by MrBogey » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:34 pm

EatsAbug wrote:I wonder - what would happen if MinMax were to reach out and pull his sword out of the position where PsiMax is standing?
Nothing?
Or would it behave as an Oblivion hole?
:shrug:
Well, I don't think he can because the portal seems to be 2 dimensional. It'd seem almost like he pulled it out of him but it would not extend pass the point of temporal displacement.

The curious thing is if he can grab oblivious and not pull it back. In short, grab the sword then wield it in the past. Might make for an interesting predetermination paradox. By that, I mean, imagine Minmax lets go of the sword and immediately another hand comes out of nowhere to grab it and starts fighting with it leaving Minmax both other hands free for combat.

Orzahn
Likes Puppies
UStream Username: Orzahn

Post by Orzahn » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:22 am

What if. Psimax finds out about Minmax's stupidity (or actually his poor understanding) powering Oblivious. H stars to explain everything to Minmax in an effort to have the sword become weaker and maybe get destroyed by Minmax's growing understanding... however. The lecture is so complicated and confusing to Minmax that Oblivious actually becomes stronger.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:21 am

Orzahn wrote:What if. Psimax finds out about Minmax's stupidity (or actually his poor understanding) powering Oblivious. H stars to explain everything to Minmax in an effort to have the sword become weaker and maybe get destroyed by Minmax's growing understanding... however. The lecture is so complicated and confusing to Minmax that Oblivious actually becomes stronger.
I like that idea. :)
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Changes_everything » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:27 am

Could it be that the last panel is not only a reference to where we left the GAP, but (together with that last panel of the GAP storyline) also a tribute to this awesome movie?

Causes_Chaos
Knows Everything

Post by Causes_Chaos » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:44 am

I can't wait to see what happens next! :D

Causes_Chaos
Knows Everything

Post by Causes_Chaos » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:44 am

Changes_everything wrote:Could it be that the last panel is not only a reference to where we left the GAP, but (together with that last panel of the GAP storyline) also a tribute to this awesome movie?

I love that movie! :lol:

MrBogey
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by MrBogey » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:13 pm

Causes_Chaos wrote:I can't wait to see what happens next! :D

Shoulda went up Friday, right? I wonder if we're switching back to the GAP and this was just a segue or if he's finishing up the MoM/FMK run first.

Causes_Chaos
Knows Everything

Post by Causes_Chaos » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:25 pm

MrBogey wrote:

Shoulda went up Friday, right? I wonder if we're switching back to the GAP and this was just a segue or if he's finishing up the MoM/FMK run first.
I'm sure we'll be switching to another storyline but that makes the comic much more suspenseful and fun so it's okay. :)

Thunt mentioned in one of his posts under the comic that the update will be on Monday June 10th. (The June 4th entry.)

That's tomorrow! We'll know soon!

bcas77
Whispers Softly

Post by bcas77 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:47 pm

MrBogey wrote:

He's actually updating once a week (Mondays at Noon) for a few weeks, just getting caught up with everything. He'll let us know when he shifts to the new once every four day update schedule :)

Orzahn
Likes Puppies
UStream Username: Orzahn

Post by Orzahn » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:32 pm

bcas77 wrote:
MrBogey wrote:

He's actually updating once a week (Mondays at Noon) for a few weeks, just getting caught up with everything. He'll let us know when he shifts to the new once every four day update schedule :)
Cool, it'd be a shame if he had a goblins related burnout :S
Imagine him sitting in his room mumbling, nearly crying. "No more, no more goblins"
It would mean we broke an awesome webcomic artist/writer and we'd never get to know the end.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

Kore
Speaks Quietly

Post by Kore » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Possible solutions to speed up comic and fundraiser:
1) Tempts fate escapes hell through oblvion hole. Psi max takes over fundraiser and each few months comes back to free some more monsters and their associates from pain and suffering. Easy to reuse art, nice little oblivion holes, and each time we can have new sayings like "Enter this hole and you will no longer be vulnerable to poison" "... your purse will no longer run out of gold..." "...no longer die" "... never be unhappy again" and then show the eager monsters entering the holes and escape their seeds of evil.

2) New comic page: We meet a Kore from every alternative universe. Then we see cross bow bolts raining down. 80% of monsters and their associates from all universes die. We can also simplify background scenery. Now only 20% as many characters to draw, will be 2x faster to make new comic pages, so twice the comics per week.

3) Kore meets the beautiful Korette, they fall in love and have a large family of little Kore and Korettes and go hunting monsters together. Easy to draw, just picture of Kore and Korette and then smaller versions for the kids. Korette should be an ideal female: also wears full suit of armour, fiery red hair and beard, good with forge, explosives, healing and axe.
Last edited by Kore on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:29 pm

Kore wrote:...We meet a Kore from every alternative universe. ...
Could you imagine the epic battles that would happen in a Kore Maze of Many??? :shock:

BeanDip
Resident of Sacred Statue Garden

Post by BeanDip » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:30 pm

I'd personally like to see the PsiMax version of Kore.

That could possibly be the only person who would be crazier than BOTH of them.
NOTE TO ALL THOSE I AM GAMING WITH: Currently gaming with others in the Sacred Statue Garden.

Signature changed by request of MrsBeanDip by Wolfie

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:46 pm

It would definitely be fun to see Psimax vs. Kore, though it's hard to make it a fair contest since Psimax's power is so intimately tied to the Maze. If the fight was in the maze he'd have a major advantage, and if not he'd probably be weaker.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

apotato
Knows Everything

Post by apotato » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:48 am

brnforce wrote:
Kore wrote:...We meet a Kore from every alternative universe. ...
Could you imagine the epic battles that would happen in a Kore Maze of Many??? :shock:
no

I imagine Kore is so lacking in personality and imagination that all 218 Kores are identical and at a stalemate.