Kin - Adventurer Group

Discuss the comic here!
Kris
Remains Silent

Kin - Adventurer Group

Post by Kris » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:14 am

Hello,

Just a quick post here.

I was sat here in my underwear before I go to work and I was thinking about the comic, and I was thinking about the current strip and whether or not it would grant minmax a LOT of XP for killing all of the people, then it got me thinking about Kin killing the goblin slayer and thought "I wonder what level Kin is" and then it occurred to me that she hasn't ever taken XP for adventurer levels, so wouldn't all three kins be able to work together and leave together by declaring themselves adventurers and forming a group together?

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Re: Kin - Adventurer Group

Post by RidcullyJack » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:39 am

1) Minmax should get XP for the kills at the top of the tower, but not for the deaths of those who were killed by the spinning arms descending.
2) For various reasons, I think Kin is an NPC. Her exposition, especially about the workings of oblivion holes and Oblivious, strikes me as Herbert putting words in her mouth to give hints to the players. Also, I don't think we've ever seen Kin use a class-based skill.
3) Don't forget pants before going to work!

apotato
Knows Everything

Post by apotato » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:07 am

RidcullyJack wrote: 3) Don't forget pants before going to work!
or do, and if anyone asks simply scream "FOR SCIENCE!!!"

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:50 pm

RidcullyJack wrote:2) For various reasons, I think Kin is an NPC. Her exposition, especially about the workings of oblivion holes and Oblivious, strikes me as Herbert putting words in her mouth to give hints to the players. Also, I don't think we've ever seen Kin use a class-based skill.
That might be due to the leash and collar, although the guards only ever mention that the collar subdues her Yuan-ti powers....
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Occams Meataxe
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Occams Meataxe » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:30 pm

Does the collar only subdue Yuan Ti powers? If she took adventurer levels would those be affected?

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:19 pm

Occams Meataxe wrote:Does the collar only subdue Yuan Ti powers? If she took adventurer levels would those be affected?
Magical ones always, adventurer levels: likely, it just never got mentioned in the comic specifically.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)