10th June 2013: BROW

Discuss the comic here!
HennaGaijin
Of Few Words

Re: 10th June 2013: BROW

Post by HennaGaijin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:54 am

RedwoodElf wrote:Well now that Psimax killed Browgath...will Browmax be coming for revenge?
I read this, then looked at the comic again, who's this guy? (See image, hopefully...)

Also, didn't notice Minmax and Psimax in the background of panel 2 before... looks awesome!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
*Insert witty signature here*

Baeronvonbleat
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Baeronvonbleat » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:31 pm

Are you "azure"?
You're a "cyan"?!
You "periwinkle" dink!!!

Rooks
Speaks Quietly

Post by Rooks » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:07 am

Baeronvonbleat wrote:Are you "azure"?
You're a "cyan"?!
You "periwinkle" dink!!!
BOO! Terrible... :lol:

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:32 pm

Rooks wrote:
BlOO! Terrible... :lol:
Fixed for you! o:)

DuIstalri
Whispers Softly

Post by DuIstalri » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:21 pm

brnforce wrote:
Rooks wrote:
BlOO! Terrible... :lol:
Fixed for you! o:)

That made me laugh much harder then it should have. :P

The Rotting King
Mutters to Themself

Post by The Rotting King » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Okay, is it just me, or does Psimax have the most oddly proportioned body ever? It's freakin' me out.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:52 pm

For that matter, his mouth and nose are at least 2 inches apart.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.

The Rotting King
Mutters to Themself

Post by The Rotting King » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:19 pm

BuildsLegos wrote:For that matter, his mouth and nose are at least 2 inches apart.
I always thought his face sorta looked like Warp from Teen Titans.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:23 pm

It looks to me as if he just feels disdain towards everything around him, all the time...which is probably the case.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

Old-Friend
Remains Silent

Post by Old-Friend » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:25 am

I am sure whatever Minmax says to change his armor color is going to blue everyones' minds.

Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Changes_everything » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:35 am

That sentence makes no sense.

Sockmonkey
Whispers Softly

Post by Sockmonkey » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:38 am

Hey Forgath, finish this sentence. "I achieved everything I have with hard work and the sweat of my - blank-."

Hey Forgath, what part of that guy were you going to bury the blade of your axe in?

Hey Forgath, what's the hairiest part of your head?

Akaraxle
Remains Silent

Post by Akaraxle » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:51 pm

I think MinMax isn't going to draw his sword JUST to piss off DinkMax.

And I'm kind of hoping for him to say "purple", and that will incidentally grant him immunity to psionics through his armour. Then he can just bash DinkMax's face in. It's about time for him to be cleaved in half, seriously.

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:07 pm

I hope the colour of Minmax's armour doesn't do anything pivotal for the plot at this point, because it would be too Deus Ex Machina. Finding out later that the colours did something funky would be okay; but serendipity seems out of place in the climatic final battle.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:10 pm

RidcullyJack wrote:serendipity seems out of place in the climatic final battle.
Yes, it would be very jarring if Psimax metacreated a $1000 ice cream sundae for himself....
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

pander1
Remains Silent
UStream Username: Pander

Post by pander1 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:19 pm

I'm sort of surprised no one's mentioned this... but Minmax won't be drawing his sword unless his armor first turns blue. When you see his hand reaching for the sword a few comics ago, the glove was blue. Right now, his armor is black. So obviously he's not drawing his sword just yet.

"You can keep telling me to draw my sword until you're blue in the face but..." *thrusts his hand right at Psimax, whereupon the sword forms already in Psimax* "I'll draw it when I wanna draw it. Toldja I'd killya."

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:42 pm

pander1 wrote:I'm sort of surprised no one's mentioned this... but Minmax won't be drawing his sword unless his armor first turns blue.
You're only the 50th or so person to say that.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

Linkcharge
Whispers Softly

Post by Linkcharge » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:56 am

Zach's face wrote:I don't know if this has been discussed already, but I think that eventually PsiMax will be pulled into Oblivion when he's somehow attached to Oblivious and our MinMax simply releases grip.
I like that idea. Not only does it defeat PsiMax in a "realistic" manner, but it also neatly writes Oblivious out of the story. It's such a game-braking item, it really can't stay, but there has to be a plausible reason why it disappears or it just seems like a cop-out. This way, the sword still exist (to the degree that anything made of oblivion can be said to do so), but it can never be drawn again because there's a pissed off psion on the other end of it.

Actually, since the sword effectively doesn't exist when MinMax isn't holding it, this would be a way for PsiMax to enter oblivion without having to destroy everyone else. Once he learns about the sword, he might actually volunteer for this to happen. He just has to convince MinMax to never draw the sword again.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Liesmith » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:03 pm

Because nothing other than Minmax can act upon Oblivious, it only moves through time because Minmax drags it along with him while he holds it. As soon as he let's go, it stays at that point in time until he next draws it. If he were to never draw it again, it would remain when he dropped it, eternally. I think it would be really clever for Psimax to be trapped this way as Zach's face suggested, but I can't imagine Psimax volunteering for it; he'd exist for eternity with the blade, so it'd be the opposite of what he's trying to achieve.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

T' Northerner
Of Few Words

Post by T' Northerner » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:54 pm

Not really, if he stops moving through time, then he experiences no time. He does not affect and is unaffected by the universe, he basically doesn't exist until the sword is next drawn. He wouldn't be aware of the wait at all, because waiting requires you to move through time.

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation

Post by Liesmith » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:53 pm

True, but beforehand, he would know that he would continue to exist forever. He might be unaware of it, but this is a guy for whom existence is so abhorrent, that he wants to prevent anything from having ever existed. Just "ceasing to be" isn't enough.
► Show Spoiler

Glemp
Poorly Locked Patron
Poorly Locked Patron

Post by Glemp » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:56 pm

Is it just me, or is Psimax wearing two pairs of boots? I never noticed that before.

RidcullyJack
Indulges in Conversation

Post by RidcullyJack » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:38 pm

Goldmax's boots look like that too. Minmax has never owned any boots, but the boots he didn't own would have looked like that if they ever existed.
http://www.goblinscomic.org/03132012/
http://www.goblinscomic.org/02092010/

spiderwrangler
Game Master

Post by spiderwrangler » Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:02 pm

Sockmonkey wrote:Hey Forgath, finish this sentence. "I achieved everything I have with hard work and the sweat of my - blank-."
Sandwiches?
Games I GM:
► Show Spoiler
Games I play in:
► Show Spoiler

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Post by EatsAPeach » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:59 pm

Now, if MinMax reached for PsiMax' heart and grabbed the sword when he was about to touch PM's chest, the sword would be all the way through PM's chest. Wonder how badly you could damage him before he'd die? But then we'd have four Kins playing with the machine . . . maybe they'd send everyone home with a prize?
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the International Communist Conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
--Jack D. Ripper, Gen. USAF, ca. 1963