19th June 2013-Get 'Im

Discuss the comic here!
Old-Friend
Remains Silent

Re: 19th June 2013-Get 'Im

Post by Old-Friend » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:59 pm

And I thought that kin would just open up a hole right under psimax, eliminating him from existence. But this... this is good too >:D

Jochi
Speaks Quietly

Post by Jochi » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:20 pm

[quote="Your.Master"]They may accept souls as fact; however, they may not accept souls as <i>scientific</i> fact.
Perhaps not in the world you and I live in, but in a D&D world, regardless of version, the existence of souls, life force, magic and gods are all demonstrable facts. Prayers are answered. People die and report what they saw when they are returned to life. And what they report meshes with other people's reports. Demonstrable plus repeatable plus predictable equals empirical and therefore scientific. Then you get to work on theories to explain WHY these things exist in the forms they do.

And yes, I knew a respected geneticist once who believed the earth was created before the sun and both were about eight thousand years old. Never met a geologist or astronomer who would have agreed...

Gurkenglas
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Gurkenglas » Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:27 pm

I did not expect to be taken seriously with the souls bit; only wanted to overstate the evilness of Psymaxes strategies. Replace the captured the souls bit with crafting gears from his mind energy.

JustRight
Eleventy-one
UStream Username: Frank Erickson, M.D.

Post by JustRight » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Liesmith wrote:I hope they all charge at Psimax, and there's too many to splishk, so he just teleports back to the control room to deal with Kin, and winds up getting an adorable spider to the face. After being cuddled by a fuzzy widdle arachnid, he'd vow to change his ways, and use his knowledge of the maze to give Kin back her tail, and remove her collar. He'd give Minmax a brain, and Forgath a lighter mace.
Dream on...
"I don't mind a reasonable amount of trouble"
- Sam Spade

JustRight
Eleventy-one

Post by JustRight » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:31 pm

bcas77 wrote:
SamWiser wrote:What questions did you ask? Sorry, sometimes individual posts can get buried in between others.
I was asking why everyone was under the assumption that the winners only got one piece of loot when on this page: http://www.goblinscomic.org/02112011-4/ on the 6th panel Kin states that the winners get all the loot.
There was too much for three survivors to carry in the treasure room, unless they find or have a 'bag of holding'?
- Sam Spade

Liesmith
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: Liesmith

Post by Liesmith » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:13 am

JustRight wrote:
Liesmith wrote:I hope they all charge at Psimax, and there's too many to splishk, so he just teleports back to the control room to deal with Kin, and winds up getting an adorable spider to the face. After being cuddled by a fuzzy widdle arachnid, he'd vow to change his ways, and use his knowledge of the maze to give Kin back her tail, and remove her collar. He'd give Minmax a brain, and Forgath a lighter mace.
Dream on...

Deal.
"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That's how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day. You had a bad day once. Am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day and everything changed."
► Show Spoiler

ForgetsOldName
Is Heard Often
UStream Username: TwoCoo

Post by ForgetsOldName » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:30 am

X-rated spam from a man named Christina. Cool.
The old name was Twocoo. The avatar is the scariest thing in Wizardry I, circa 1981.

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:31 am

A few minutes and our wonderful mods will have visited him/her and clicked the crap out of this user.

BTW, I do not believe that the spambot is 13 years or older.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Dusk9
Games Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the British Isles (exact location unknown).

Post by Dusk9 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:19 am

What spambot? :paranoia: :P

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:51 am

Post referred is gone. (Yay for our mods! :confetti: :cheer: :clap: :slowclap: :clap: :confetti: :clap: :slowclap: :clap: :cheer: :confetti: )
Spammed for some site selling certain goods I do not wish to repeat here.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Orzahn
Likes Puppies
UStream Username: Orzahn

Post by Orzahn » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:24 am

WhispersToSquirrels wrote:
Zwums wrote:Biskin (biscuit/kin) intrigues me. So does little Trollgath. And weird tall blue minmax. I want atsplanations for them ALL
"Biskin". That's perfect. I want altsplanations for all of them, too. :)
I like your avatar, I really really do.
Elwood: It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses.
Jake: Hit it.

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Re: 19th June 2013-Get 'im

Post by EatsAPeach » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:14 am

Someone wondered where SpiderKin has gone, and it suddenly occurred to me that she may be back in the shadows spinning a web for PsiMax. How are psions at curing poison and resisting spells, I wonders, yes I does. Attercop, down you drop?
And I'm thinking GoldMax's alt-world may have something to do with longshots and luck and guesses; perhaps his weapon(billhook? nagata? whatever) is charged with luck. I can't figure how else the dumb scut made it this far, or how he expects to fight the psion.
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the International Communist Conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
--Jack D. Ripper, Gen. USAF, ca. 1963

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:59 am

If that really is the Axe of Prissan the MinMax on the right is carrying, then I call him AxeMax. There are other possibilities, but I think that's the best one. MinAxe or MaxAxe are runners-up, with AxeMin in last place.

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Post by EatsAPeach » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:05 am

Master TMO wrote:If that really is the Axe of Prissan the MinMax on the right is carrying, then I call him AxeMax.
So in that reality, MinMax fought Saral Caine. It would be interesting to know how that came about. AxeMax is a paladin?
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the International Communist Conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Master TMO
Speaks Quietly

Post by Master TMO » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:08 am

EatsAPeach wrote:
Master TMO wrote:If that really is the Axe of Prissan the MinMax on the right is carrying, then I call him AxeMax.
So in that reality, MinMax fought Saral Caine. It would be interesting to know how that came about. AxeMax is a paladin?
Actually, not necessarily. We've seen a Forgath carrying the Axe. What if he was killed and this MinMax picked up the Axe? This could be the MinMax from that reality who knows what the Axe is, or even from a different reality who picked it up as loot. It gives armor regardless of paladinhood, since Saral Caine had Axe-armor, and he was no paladin.

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Post by EatsAPeach » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:21 am

Still makes me wonder how that happened. Maybe when Goblinslayer bragged about Kin, Caine was there as well? All these weird alts. I'm not really sold on the "11 variables" being the opposing force, since I suspect everyone in the place heard Kin's warning. Where's a long-distance ranged weapon when you really need one? PsiMax has probably met every one of those alts before and remembers them, while they've never seen him. And where are BrowMax and (shudder) BrowKin?

JustRight
Eleventy-one

Post by JustRight » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:20 am

How close does a target have to be to PsiMax to get splishked? Can PsiMax get snipered? Is there no one who can become invisible in the Thuntiverse? And, echoing EatsAPeach, where are all the ranged weapons in the final moments?
- Sam Spade

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 am

Master TMO wrote:If that really is the Axe of Prissan the MinMax on the right is carrying, then I call him AxeMax. There are other possibilities, but I think that's the best one. MinAxe or MaxAxe are runners-up, with AxeMin in last place.
MinAxe.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Post by EatsAPeach » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 am

Damn right, Justright, look at your avatar pic. Kin almost had him. I think a ranged attack at the right moment would open up a new black hole in his universe. He's what Charlie Stross calls 'weakly godlike,' but he's not a god.
. . . but it wold spoil whatever THunt is warming up in the wings, or possibly spinning.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:11 am

JustRight wrote:
bcas77 wrote:
SamWiser wrote:What questions did you ask? Sorry, sometimes individual posts can get buried in between others.
I was asking why everyone was under the assumption that the winners only got one piece of loot when on this page: http://www.goblinscomic.org/02112011-4/ on the 6th panel Kin states that the winners get all the loot.
There was too much for three survivors to carry in the treasure room, unless they find or have a 'bag of holding'?
Hmmm, if they had the time... could they just toss all the treasure onto the "exit" circle (I forget the color now), then holding the last piece(s), step onto the circle. Would all that pile of treasure 'transport' with them back to their reality?

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Post by EatsAPeach » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:09 am

One of those treasures is probably a Super Gonzo Bag of Holding. Almost has to be. Big enough to put people inside. No hoard is complete without it.

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:22 am

JustRight wrote:How close does a target have to be to PsiMax to get splishked? Can PsiMax get snipered? Is there no one who can become invisible in the Thuntiverse? And, echoing EatsAPeach, where are all the ranged weapons in the final moments?
I think Psimax would just splishk the arrow/bolt/star etc... as soon as it got in range, like he did his Kin's knife (along with part of her tail) making even ranged attacks pretty useless. Now if you could get 30 or 40 arrows all coming at him at once... :stab:

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Post by EatsAPeach » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:47 am

"Now if you could get 30 or 40 arrows all coming at him at once.." Or a really big object, enough that even splishked it would hit like a truck. Remember, Kin almost had him. He isn't perfect. Aim for the head.

SamWiser
Extensively Logorrheic

Post by SamWiser » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:56 pm

EatsAPeach wrote:
I doubt it is the axe. The armor is all wrong. On every person we have seen wielding it, it has given them dark grey armor with strips of light the color of their IME. The Minmax on the right seems to have normal metal armor with purple strips. No light, and they are in the wrong places.
Thanks to Arch Lich Burns for the avatar, and Mnementh for the mustache.

ÔÇ£Shoot the dictator and prevent the war? But the dictator is merely the tip of the whole festering boil of social pus from which dictators emerge; shoot him and there'll be another one along in a minute. Shoot him too? Why not shoot everyone and invade Poland?ÔÇØ
ÔÇò Terry Pratchett

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:44 pm

EatsAPeach wrote:One of those treasures is probably a Super Gonzo Bag of Holding. Almost has to be. Big enough to put people inside. No hoard is complete without it.
You can put people in even a regular BoH I think...it's just that once inside, they have no air...
EatsAPeach wrote:"Now if you could get 30 or 40 arrows all coming at him at once.." Or a really big object, enough that even splishked it would hit like a truck. Remember, Kin almost had him. He isn't perfect. Aim for the head.
A big ball of white phosphorus or something would do the trick...splishking that wouldn't do anything but spread it wider.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.