July 1st, 2013 Grossly Overpowered

Discuss the comic here!
Godbot
Converses Frequently

Re: July 1st, 2013 Grossly Overpowered

Post by Godbot » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:20 am

That was just ridiculous enough to be exactly what I wanted.

Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Changes_everything » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:14 am

binarytears wrote:
ForgetsOldName wrote:Light of frequency 779,148,394,470,000 Hertz would be purple shading into ultraviolet. But I'm not even sure if the Kins would use Hertz to measure light.
So if MinMax's armor changes color when he says "blue", maybe it will change when he says "779,148,394,470,000 Hertz".

Also I wonder if there's a 'brightness control' as well as hue on that suit? How about very, very bright? (Suit of armor becomes giant laser.)

Or maybe it's something really simple. Like just saying "77914839447 you suck!"
A killphrase? Mr Manderley will be delighted.

I think it has to be simpler. They probably just have to roll a 77,914,839,447.

OK, I'd like to see the dice for that.

friedkitty
Voices Opinions

Post by friedkitty » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:18 am

You have to roll a D10. 11 times. and get that exact sequence. If one number is off, you have to start over next turn.

The Rotting King
Mutters to Themself

Post by The Rotting King » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:47 am

Maybe Minmax has to scream "Lhhgebhigll" as loud as he possibly can before attacking Psimax.
(Upside down Beghilos)

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:54 am

Weakness ain't nothin' but a number....
RidcullyJack wrote:Edited to add: Also, this reminds me of a conversation.

Forgath: Quick, what do you think of complex math?
Minmax: It's stupid. Everyone knows that math has never done anything good, ever.
Ooh, good catch!
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Post by EatsAPeach » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:58 am

There must be 77,914,839,447 ways to leave your Psion. Somebody think of one quick. Write that number on a voodoo doll and stab it?
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the International Communist Conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
--Jack D. Ripper, Gen. USAF, ca. 1963

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:01 am

Necrule wrote:
nightarix wrote:
far as i know they've never mentioned the number, here's a thought the number though maybe they need 3 FMK parties whose total loses add up to 8657204383?(3 people, 3 parties)
Good idea. But I think for it towork it needs to be directly related to the stated number. So maybe there is someone from a team in that room that has tried the maze 77,914,839,447 times.

The reality that immediately comes to mind is the zombie reality. I can't see that reality ever beating the Maze of Many, so they can easily have that as their number.
I don't think his weakness is concerning any external group/item. Maybe it is his belt buckle?

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:11 am

Morrack wrote:Kinda doubt that though, I feel GoldMax should get at least one line of conversation before he explodes.
Perhaps he's good at guessing things other than names....
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:13 am

WhispersToSquirrels wrote:
ForgetsOldName wrote:Light of frequency 779,148,394,470,000 Hertz would be purple shading into ultraviolet. But I'm not even sure if the Kins would use Hertz to measure light.
Oooh, that sounds promising. Maybe they need to shine a purple light on him. Or find someone with a purple IME. Hmmm. Where could we find someone with a purple IME? :)
Or, maybe they just need to tweak that number just a bit, so that it no longer matches PsiMax's IME?

stevedj
Voices Opinions

Post by stevedj » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:21 am

Ok, my theory time for that number. I was thinking maybe it was the SUM of every realities' counters? But, figuring our reality only was just shy of 2 million, which was likely the high end, 215 other counters surely wouldn't add up to even half a billion. :?

Official prediction now: That number is the total count of how many times the MoM has run! Maybe there is a master counter-clock thing somewhere?

Aegis J Hyena
Game Master

Post by Aegis J Hyena » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:37 am

"Psimax, there are 779,148,394,470,000 versions of us total."

"Yeah, so?"

"How in the hell can you mentally keep track of them all? Oh wait, YOU CAN'T." *universe machine breaks*

It sounded better in my head.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capricornian/

It's Always Something. No, don't give me that look. It's Always Something.

DragonStryk72
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by DragonStryk72 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:47 am

If I'm looking at this right, Minmax just severed Psimax's connection to the mechanism when he sundered the gears. That's going to be further impact into the problem, because I think that's how PM was calculating the "variables" so far, using the gears as a sort of bluetooth earpiece for the device.

EatsAPeach
Speaks Quietly

Re: July 1st, 2013 Grossly Overthought

Post by EatsAPeach » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:11 am

"Questions, questions, questions; flooding into the mind of the concerned young person today." - Zappa

Write 77,914,839,447 on something and drop it in an oblivion hole? Obliviate it somehow. Push the machine into a hole?

"You don't know my MinMax" They don't. None of them has a KEN necklace. Their MinMaxes lacked that spark. They don't expect it in any MM. (Somewhere TortureMax is looking for a lost Kin to save; won't she be surprised?)

Can PM teleport back without his gears of war, or will he have to float?

GoldMax: either he is fantastically lucky or demon names are demon descriptions in demon language. Grinnorarcen may mean fat red helldemon about so high and so wide, no wings, and GM's guess was an educated one instead of wild. I wonder what 77,914,839,447 means in that language, and if it has teeth?

Can the Kins open that window again long enough for Forgath to inflict a suck badger on PM? Just to see his face before he splishked it?

And seriously, PsiMax has to die if our friends are going to live, and his whole life is one big complaint about the Rules. He is SO going to hell. Maybe he can take GoldMax' place in hell? One MM might be as good as another to the boys in the basement.

brnforce - " Maybe it is his belt buckle?" There's something defective about a MinMax whose buckle doesn't say I AM GREAT. Was he born old and mean?
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the International Communist Conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."
--Jack D. Ripper, Gen. USAF, ca. 1963

Overkillengine
Remains Silent

Post by Overkillengine » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:51 am

Changes_everything wrote:
binarytears wrote:
So if MinMax's armor changes color when he says "blue", maybe it will change when he says "779,148,394,470,000 Hertz".

Also I wonder if there's a 'brightness control' as well as hue on that suit? How about very, very bright? (Suit of armor becomes giant laser.)

Or maybe it's something really simple. Like just saying "77914839447 you suck!"
A killphrase? Mr Manderley will be delighted.

I think it has to be simpler. They probably just have to roll a 77,914,839,447.

OK, I'd like to see the dice for that.
Kin: "MinMax! The number 779,148,394,470,000 is his weakness!"

Minmax: "What? 779,148,394,470,000 hurts him? "

Happy Demon
Mumbles Incoherently

Post by Happy Demon » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:19 pm

Maybe they just have to utter a phrase that has been repeated that many times when they utter it, which would have them say what everyone else have said (once or twice) in every run.
But then again, it might have been said more than that, and they simply have to say what most said in the confusing blade room.

I have no idea, maybe it's the 77 914 839 447th variable to be discovered by Psimax, an item specific to a group or an event specific to some runs, the number being a simple reference instead of a name of said variable.
Maybe it's just Ogre Piss, it could be anything.

Wild Thyme
Mutters to Themself
UStream Username: Cheshyr1

Post by Wild Thyme » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:35 pm

The machine is a giant equation, one of those gears is bound to be that number or a section of gears that forms the equation that equals that number. I imagine the girls have to break up the gears, destroy them, etc, in order to weaken the psionic prick.

Changes_everything
Pipes Up Sometimes

Post by Changes_everything » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:57 pm

Overkillengine wrote: Kin: "MinMax! The number 779,148,394,470,000 is his weakness!"

Minmax: "What? 779,148,394,470,000 hurts him? "
Except it's 77,914,839,447.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:03 pm

Could it be a gear part number or ISBN or something? :P
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

SpyMoose
Remains Silent

Post by SpyMoose » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:26 pm

Wolfie wrote:Could it be a gear part number or ISBN or something? :P
Hahahaha Awesome! I like the ISBN part!

Pure speculation always makes me happy. This could be anything, Thunt really enjoys keeping his readers on his toes and thanks to the forums he can keep us guessing all the time.

My two bits here, is that Psymax has taken all of his weaknesses and multiplied them, then hidden them in one specific spot making it next to impossible to guess what or where it might be. I don't think it's anything less than a physical representation on his person or just barely outside where the shield of "No!" is located, going off of cognitive spatial co-ordinates he assigned a point some where on his body that would be vulnerable to attack. When it's attacked he's toast... Now to figure out the points on his personal axis where Minmax should lay the smack down.

Wolfie
She Who Admins
She Who Admins
UStream Username: Wolfie213

Post by Wolfie » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:38 pm

Like the mythological Achilles heel?
"This is my therapy dragon, she's for my panic attacks. I attack, everyone panics." (Quote found on http://outofcontextdnd.tumblr.com/)

"If I have a +2 strength sword and I stab you, you won't get a +2 strength, you get wounds" ~Sir Butcher

"How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them." ~Benjamin Franklin

SpyMoose
Remains Silent

Post by SpyMoose » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:43 pm

Wolfie wrote:Like the mythological Achilles heel?
Purposefully left that out knowing someone would pick up on it. :cheer:

... and disregard the PM, been a long day.

dizzyk
Remains Silent

Post by dizzyk » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:41 pm

This reminds me of Douglas Adams and the efforts made to decipher 42... So, how many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a psion? 77,914,839,447.

apotato
Knows Everything

Post by apotato » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:25 pm

SpyMoose wrote:
Wolfie wrote:Could it be a gear part number or ISBN or something? :P
My two bits here, is that Psymax has taken all of his weaknesses and multiplied them, then hidden them in one specific spot making it next to impossible to guess what or where it might be. I don't think it's anything less than a physical representation on his person or just barely outside where the shield of "No!" is located, going off of cognitive spatial co-ordinates he assigned a point some where on his body that would be vulnerable to attack. When it's attacked he's toast... Now to figure out the points on his personal axis where Minmax should lay the smack down.

i could buy that but without a starting point no-one else could ever work out what that point is. did he use an axis around his heart? a grid with 0,0,0 at his waist? is his origin point hist feet or his head?

i like the idea, just not sure anyone would be able to utilise such a specific weakness. he could have shrunk it down to a pinhead. it would literally be like trying to thread a needle in combat

Godbot
Converses Frequently

Post by Godbot » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:36 pm

SpyMoose wrote:My two bits here, is that Psymax has taken all of his weaknesses and multiplied them, then hidden them in one specific spot making it next to impossible to guess what or where it might be. I don't think it's anything less than a physical representation on his person or just barely outside where the shield of "No!" is located, going off of cognitive spatial co-ordinates he assigned a point some where on his body that would be vulnerable to attack. When it's attacked he's toast... Now to figure out the points on his personal axis where Minmax should lay the smack down.
http://drmcninja.com/archives/comic/5p4/

brnforce
Speaks Quietly

Post by brnforce » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:01 pm

I know I am contradicting my earlier post, but what about a part of the universe machine? It is a mathematical device and it is the stored "power" of PsiMax.