Uh-oh

Discuss the comic here!
willpell
Banned

Uh-oh

Post by willpell » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:03 am

Tarol and Danielle are off at a convention, and it looks like maybe their autoupdate setup hasn't worked, as the comic should have gone up by now. The timer says "Refresh now to see the latest comic", but doing so reveals no change.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

LAYF
Discussion Moderator
Discussion Moderator
Location: 5 degrees to the north of the first point on the last square!

Re: Uh-oh

Post by LAYF » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:09 am

no its not that. the timer is off by a day, and Thunt can't correct it from where he is. the update will be up tomorrow. He is drawing it a the con. (But he says the tablet is not so good, so it might not be mint quality)
-Best regards LAYF

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:21 am

Screw the quality for now, the story is what's important. Thunt's drawing skills are really amazing, but I could even read sketches just to see how the story line progresses.
"If I claim to be a wise man, it surely means that I don't know"

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:39 am

I agree with WastesTime.

Let us have a series of sketches, so that THunt can have some quality time with Danielle and their friends at the con.
Goblinscomic transcriptions
Collection of G:AR cards

STAR CONTROL: The Ur-Quan Masters finally gets a continuation of the story!
(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Tue Oct 08, 2013 12:44 am

Also, why is this timer showing update that early?
Usually it was around 10 pm in my timezone, now it's 9 am.
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

Xodiac
Remains Silent

Post by Xodiac » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:25 am

Borys wrote:Also, why is this timer showing update that early?
Usually it was around 10 pm in my timezone, now it's 9 am.
I'm guessing that the am/pm box got mis-checked when he was setting the clock for the latest update. So instead of 12 PM (noon) it thought it would update at 12 AM (midnight).

Xodiac the Dragote

lingrem
Former Mod

Post by lingrem » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:04 am

He's said multiple times on twitter that the clock is broken and he can't fix it from where he is. I know not everyone follows him on twitter though.
Felicia Faustus in Shipwrecked!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Updateclock (was: Re: Uh-oh)

Post by Krulle » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:11 am

lingrem wrote:He's said multiple times on twitter that the clock is broken and he can't fix it from where he is. I know not everyone follows him on twitter though.
4 October:
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Just so you know, I'm having a small issue with the countdown clock. It's off by one day for now. It'll be fixed soon.
5 October:
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Just a reminder that the countdown clock is bwoken and is NOT displaying the correct time. The next update is on the 9th.
6 October:
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Another reminder. The countdown clock is broken and I can't fix it from here at VCON. The next update is on the 9th.
7 October:
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:This update may end up looking kind of clumsy. This tablet is hard to draw on.
oh wait. This one concerns something else.... Interesting to note anyways.
Last edited by Krulle on Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

(sorry for spamming, will amend signature again when Kickstarter has ended, or many complain about my signature)

Borys
Voices Opinions

Post by Borys » Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:15 am

Now it's ??? anyway.
EDIT: I have strange feeling it will be altsplanation.
Complains of Everything in Minelings.
Boro in Call of Ctulhu - Filipstad
Boro in Unhallowed Isle
Boro in Civilization V
Boro in Cavemen

Proud comic(al) player.

In God School as Dies in Battle

My own game! Castle Story Open for everyone!

ThroughTheWell

Post by ThroughTheWell » Tue Oct 08, 2013 2:36 pm

Tell us what the MOM treasures say as an alt page.
I survived the forum move 4 times... yeah, I feel old.

willpell
Banned

Post by willpell » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Yeah, well past 12 hours and still nothing.
You either die Chaotic, or you live long enough to see yourself become Lawful.
Glemp wrote:To some extent, you need to be arrogant - without it, you are vulnerable being made someone's tool...for Herbert's sake, have the stubbornness not to submit to what you see instantly, because you can only see some facts at a time.
My long-neglected blog.

extrabigmehdi
Of Few Words

Post by extrabigmehdi » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:33 pm

WastesTime wrote:Screw the quality for now, the story is what's important. Thunt's really amazing, but I could even read sketches just to see how the story line progresses.
Drawing skills are good, but story telling skills not enough to enjoy altsplanation.
Without his drawings, the story doesn't have enough impact to me.

DrinksTooMuchCoffee
Indulges in Conversation

Post by DrinksTooMuchCoffee » Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:37 pm

willpell wrote:Yeah, well past 12 hours and still nothing.
THunt directly said it should be on the 9th and the clock was wrong.

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:55 pm

extrabigmehdi wrote:
WastesTime wrote:Screw the quality for now, the story is what's important. Thunt's really amazing, but I could even read sketches just to see how the story line progresses.
Drawing skills are good, but story telling skills not enough to enjoy altsplanation.
Without his drawings, the story doesn't have enough impact to me.
I'm not talking 'bout Altsplanation. I was rather thinking about raw sketches of the comic itself

AntMac
Likes to Contribute

Post by AntMac » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:26 am

WastesTime wrote:Screw the quality for now, the story is what's important. Thunt's drawing skills are really amazing, but I could even read sketches just to see how the story line progresses.

I never saw your Avatar before.

It looks like Ryker-Minmax. :)

extrabigmehdi
Of Few Words

Post by extrabigmehdi » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:06 am

WastesTime wrote: I was rather thinking about raw sketches of the comic itself
I need a minimal amount of details, to dive into that "imaginary fantasy".
It's the drawings that stimulate imagination and that gives all the depth to goblin story.

RedwoodElf
Converses Frequently

Post by RedwoodElf » Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:51 pm

Well it's been more than the day the timer was supposed to be off, and still no update...methinks the kobolds have been fiddling with the works again?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning...where the seas sleep and the rivers dream. People made of smoke, and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger. Somewhere there's injustice. Somewhere else, the tea is getting Cold. C'mon Ace, we've got work to do! - The Doctor (Sylvester McCoy, last line in the old series)

biggmac
Remains Silent

Post by biggmac » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:25 pm

AWW!

It was a great string - since going to the every 5 day schedule with the timer, Thunt had not been late - until today!
One time doesn't bug me... just address it some way and move on, baby.

WastesTime
Is Heard Often

Post by WastesTime » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:55 pm

biggmac wrote:AWW!

It was a great string - since going to the every 5 day schedule with the timer, Thunt had not been late - until today!
They are at conventions, it's understandable. Thunt should unwind from time to time.

mortissimus
Speaks Quietly

Post by mortissimus » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:49 am

biggmac wrote:AWW!

Actually he has been late, but the magic of the tiemr is that Thunt can easily push the deadline ahead a couple of hours without most even noticing, and those that do notice easily forgets as they have been informed in a timely manner. The difference now is that he is away and can't just push up the timer.

My conclusion: the timer is great!

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Twitter updates/warnings

Post by Krulle » Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:16 am

9 October, 10:05 AM:
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:Darnit. I was hoping to be able to post today's page before it was time to head into town. Looks I'll have to finish up tonight. :(
9 October, 10:06 AM:
@Thunt_Goblins wrote:I really want to avoid posting Altsplanations during this trip, though. I'll keep you posted.

WearsHats
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
UStream Username: WearsHats
Location: Third star to the left, and straight on until midafternoon.

Post by WearsHats » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:58 am

Short version:

He's working on it. He's been working on it. He's currently working on the bottom part of the page. But it'll be a while. He's been really busy. And also kind of sick.

He's working off a portable tablet, which is a laptop with a drawing pad over it. The pad fits over the keyboard, but the art is on the screen. Not like the tablet at home, where the pen goes directly over the art. It's weirdly disorienting and difficult to be precise. He said to warn you that the update will be sloppy.
► Show Spoiler
Thing is that he's posted a fair number of altsplanations lately and he's determined to put up a real comic update. He's sick, he's exhausted, he's working two conventions back to back, and he's drawing on a weird setup. Anyone else would be doing guest strips and filler. He's working himself ragged.

I just attended the con, I skipped a lot of stuff, I haven't been working, I'm not sick... and I'm exhausted. I don't know how he's doing it.
Mostly offline/inactive due to chronic health issues. PM me if you really need attention.

"(Asks), why do you want to shoot all of my favorite animals out of guns?" - JibJib

Some potentially informative links, should you be interested:
► Show Spoiler

Krulle
Transcribes Goblins

Post by Krulle » Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:51 am

Thanks for the update.
I agree with you, I wouldn't even have tried to put up anything other than an Altsplanation or a guest comic.

He should really take time off to enjoy some quality time with Danielle and NEW YORK CITY!
Come on, how often do you think he'll be able to get to NEW YORK CITY!?!!???!!?!!??!?!?

I KNOW I'd be awake like him into the early morning hours, but would definitely NOT be spending that time trying to draw/work.

Please, Danielle, if you're reading this, grab him with your female powers, and pull him into a park for a pick-nick. And then draw him everywhere you want to go.
As an artist, especially with the sudden move away from BF, I'm pretty sure his money is not that sufficient to fly to Cons anytime he wishes. Plus, he's a nervous flyer, so I'm pretty sure the next visit to a con will be far away, and he'll try to put it off as often as he can. So MAKE HIM ENJOY IT.

And thanks, Wears, for taking care of Thunt, at least as far as he allows you.

BuildsLegos
Indulges in Conversation
UStream Username: BuildsLegos

Post by BuildsLegos » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:43 pm

The only way I could understand the idea that New York City is fun is if I was either a super-hero with unique mobility or a petty criminal surrounded by lazy cops.
The only one to pay attention to what happens in Goblins.